Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 9 of 12
Re: MOGADOR informations
Date: October 30, 2012 13:40

Dreamer
DandelionPowderman
Dreamer
gotdablouse
superrevvy
Max'sKansasCity
Kind of like if a Stones shows happen in the woods Paris and no real fans are there to see/hear it... did it really happen?

Don't worry, this is how it will go down...

1) Verbal reports that Keith was great
2) Short video that indicates he was anything but.
3) Shill-ish types yelling at us not to believe our own eyes.

This has been the pattern since the Apollo and I fully expect it to last up
until and probably right thru the pay-per-view. In fact I would go so far as to
say that the Keith sucks/doesn't suck debate will be with us for the rest of their
career. Its the the new version of Taylor/Wood I'm afraid.

And its not just the hardcore. If you look at the comments for the one-minute
JJF on youtube, its there too. Its everywhere.

And how long can the Stones last with at least half the people who love them
thinking that Keith, in order to preserve what's left of their legacy, should
give it the fcuk up already?

We shall see.

Are you planning to attend any concerts to form your own opinion or are you only interested in internet jousts ? I must have said it ten times before but Keith was 4 meters away from me the other days, sometimes less and he certainly didn't embarrass himself or the band at the Trebando, and the fans were overjoyed, looks like it's a good deal for all involved, no?

So have anyone compared the setlists ? I haven't bothered yet ;-)

I don't know about superrevvy but I saw about 13% of the gig and that was enough for me to say what I had to say about it.
I don't mind that you saw the first (12 song warm up) show since 5 years and think it's great...
And of course there are plenty of fans who would be 'overjoyed' and think 'it's a good deal for all involved.'
But tell me: how do you know Keith 'certainly didn't embarrass himself.'?
In any case: he did embarrass me. Again.
And I really do hope he will do better in the near future, don't get me wrong.

You're not judging by the low-fi clips + the 1 minute trebly-sounding JJF-video here? Do you really think that's enough to jump to such conclusions on? confused smiley

Together with the observation made at the Mogador "Keith Richards' playing is kept to a minimum"...yes, that doesn't take away my embarrassment Dandy. It even makes me feel a little sorry...to see people write about him like that. To hear him play in the clips like that.
And it doesn't take away the fact that I hope he will do better in the near future. So again I'm not the one who's whining. Such bad readers here... Gosh I like their music, even after '81. Well not all of it. Not DW and stuff. But VL was ok and that tour too. I hope as much as you guys they will play a couple of great shows. But that doesn't make me blind or deaf and cheer about every chord they play. Especially when they play like this; not good (yet?) and Keith worries me like I said before "things don't look good." Again (!): I wish it was different! But it isn't.

You should stop worrying after hearing the clip with When The Whip Comes Down. Good rhythm, and choosing his licks with thought, like he used to back in the day. It's not Keith's fault that Shattered is a bit slow like the studio version.

Keith is imo not the weak link in the JJF-clip either, how on earth can you say that?

The poster with the review didn't take the fact into consideration that most of the tracks were open G-songs.

So, there you have it. Stop worrying! smiling smiley

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: October 30, 2012 14:10

[www.rollingstones.com]

This is news from the RS site

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: October 30, 2012 14:27

DandelionPowderman
Dreamer
DandelionPowderman
Dreamer
gotdablouse
superrevvy
Max'sKansasCity
Kind of like if a Stones shows happen in the woods Paris and no real fans are there to see/hear it... did it really happen?

Don't worry, this is how it will go down...

1) Verbal reports that Keith was great
2) Short video that indicates he was anything but.
3) Shill-ish types yelling at us not to believe our own eyes.

This has been the pattern since the Apollo and I fully expect it to last up
until and probably right thru the pay-per-view. In fact I would go so far as to
say that the Keith sucks/doesn't suck debate will be with us for the rest of their
career. Its the the new version of Taylor/Wood I'm afraid.

And its not just the hardcore. If you look at the comments for the one-minute
JJF on youtube, its there too. Its everywhere.

And how long can the Stones last with at least half the people who love them
thinking that Keith, in order to preserve what's left of their legacy, should
give it the fcuk up already?

We shall see.

Are you planning to attend any concerts to form your own opinion or are you only interested in internet jousts ? I must have said it ten times before but Keith was 4 meters away from me the other days, sometimes less and he certainly didn't embarrass himself or the band at the Trebando, and the fans were overjoyed, looks like it's a good deal for all involved, no?

So have anyone compared the setlists ? I haven't bothered yet ;-)

I don't know about superrevvy but I saw about 13% of the gig and that was enough for me to say what I had to say about it.
I don't mind that you saw the first (12 song warm up) show since 5 years and think it's great...
And of course there are plenty of fans who would be 'overjoyed' and think 'it's a good deal for all involved.'
But tell me: how do you know Keith 'certainly didn't embarrass himself.'?
In any case: he did embarrass me. Again.
And I really do hope he will do better in the near future, don't get me wrong.

You're not judging by the low-fi clips + the 1 minute trebly-sounding JJF-video here? Do you really think that's enough to jump to such conclusions on? confused smiley

Together with the observation made at the Mogador "Keith Richards' playing is kept to a minimum"...yes, that doesn't take away my embarrassment Dandy. It even makes me feel a little sorry...to see people write about him like that. To hear him play in the clips like that.
And it doesn't take away the fact that I hope he will do better in the near future. So again I'm not the one who's whining. Such bad readers here... Gosh I like their music, even after '81. Well not all of it. Not DW and stuff. But VL was ok and that tour too. I hope as much as you guys they will play a couple of great shows. But that doesn't make me blind or deaf and cheer about every chord they play. Especially when they play like this; not good (yet?) and Keith worries me like I said before "things don't look good." Again (!): I wish it was different! But it isn't.

You should stop worrying after hearing the clip with When The Whip Comes Down. Good rhythm, and choosing his licks with thought, like he used to back in the day. It's not Keith's fault that Shattered is a bit slow like the studio version.

Keith is imo not the weak link in the JJF-clip either, how on earth can you say that?

The poster with the review didn't take the fact into consideration that most of the tracks were open G-songs.

Is it that simple? I'm happy for you that your side of the truth is. But I'm not just that much of an optimist on this subject but a realist. I'm curious how his 6th or 8th arena/stadium show will be. Again: I hope they will play fantastic...but I just don't think or believe it's fantastic yet. Not at all.
Now that's not so complicated, in fact it is as simple as your side but just different smoking smiley

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: October 30, 2012 14:32

DandelionPowderman

Am I the only one who thinks that Mick seemed quite out of breath on JJF? From the little I saw they did ok though - nothing extraordinarily awesome but not a trainwreck either. I am just a regular fan and enjoy their music and don't have the feeling to overanalyze their every single note, I am just happy to see them playing together again. That happiness is a bit tainted by this whole overpriced/impossible to get tickets, secret banker gig etc - don't really appreciate the way they go about this.

Date: October 30, 2012 14:33

Yep, Dreamer, and you have every right to believe what you want.

Still, you're on the negative side here, and it's good that you hope I'm right smiling smiley

And let's get real here, you have the same information as me, visually and audio-wise. Therefore, you're a bit hasty by concluding, imo. Because that's what you do, you're not saying "I hope", you're saying "this is bad"

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: October 30, 2012 14:37

superrevvy
dcba
The Mogador show has just been upped at Dime :

[www.dimeadozen.org]

Quote : "one of the biggest selling acts in France
It was truly magic to see the 69 year old doing his thing !"

No don't thank me! >grinning smiley<

This is the most interesting post in the whole thread. Unfortunately I don't do
Dime. But a lot of you do. How about some reviews?

Really? This show is available and nobody gives a damn? Wow.

Date: October 30, 2012 14:38

You're quoting yourself, it's not that show.

Date: October 30, 2012 14:45

DandelionPowderman
You're quoting yourself, it's not that show.

I've quoted myself since forever. Its better than repeating myself, like everybody
else. But thanks for the info about it not being the right show.

Date: October 30, 2012 14:53

DandelionPowderman

Still, you're on the negative side here, and it's good that you hope I'm right smiling smiley

And let's get real here, you have the same information as me, visually and audio-wise. Therefore, you're a bit hasty by concluding, imo. Because that's what you do, you're not saying "I hope", you're saying "this is bad"

Well you have the same rights indeed Dandy!
But...I'm not at all on the negative side! Example: It's great to see MJ move like he still does. I even admire him for it. How fit he is can really be an example. But at the same time that's not a contribution to his vocal qualities; for that he really should move less. So I am positive but at the same time I can criticize them.
And I don't mind they play for rich bankers, but I think it's stupid to hide information about it...we ain't stupid! They can win a lot of fans back if they just act normal about those things and give us the setlist and stuff on time like they used twitter at the Trabendo.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 30, 2012 15:04

gotdablouse
@Justin - my thoughts exactly on that review, he was already harping on Keith in his review of Trabendo, and I didn't recognize what I saw with my own eyes 3 meters away from Keith. He takes great pictures but I don't think he knows the Stones well enough to be passing judgement like that. DoctorStones' and PierreQuiRoule's reviews are more interesting in that respect.

GravityBoy
gotdablouse
And obviously he plays the guitar in HTW not something you can do if you're standing there "Brian Wilson" style like some reviews would let you think.

So no IORRians were inside after all?

It will be interesting to hear what he does in that one.

That's the acid test.

He famously messed that up a few times in the last tour, playing in the wrong key - or maybe the right notes but not necessarily in the right order :-)

Ok I've now heard from someone who was there and who knows his stuff and said that he was fine on HTW and played the whole solo, not something you can do if you're in "Brian Wilson" mode.

Poor form to quote oneself but since everyone seems to be busy fighting and talking about friggin' Tolstoi...HTF can it be bad when you can nail the HTW guitar part and the solo ?!

Oh and I already gave the name of that Dimeadozen torrent, it's Johnny Halliday in Colmar, dude who posted it should be suspended and forced to listen to JH "Clockwork Orange" style!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-30 15:11 by gotdablouse.

Date: October 30, 2012 15:11

Dreamer
DandelionPowderman

But...I'm not at all on the negative side! Example: It's great to see MJ move like he still does. I even admire him for it. How fit he is can really be an example. But at the same time that's not a contribution to his vocal qualities; for that he really should move less. So I am positive but at the same time I can criticize them.
And I don't mind they play for rich bankers, but I think it's stupid to hide information about it...we ain't stupid! They can win a lot of fans back if they just act normal about those things and give us the setlist and stuff on time like they used twitter at the Trabendo.

Good, I like THAT tone smiling smiley Of course, there will always be a lot to pick on musically when we're talking about the Stones, always has. Mick didn't actually SING much on the 73-78 tours either, and certainly not on JJF (that was my point earlier, just listen to LYL).

I support balanced criticism. In my world it'll be something like this (re the JJF-clip): A bit too slow, Keith steady on guitar, Ronnie a bit to modest on guitar, Charlie a bit rusty. Mick starts the clip out way cool, but loses his breath after a while. All in all, a better sounding JJF compared to the last tours.

Then again, it's only a 1 min clip...

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 30, 2012 16:09

So who's playing through that Tweed Deluxe, Mick?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-30 16:09 by Koen.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: October 30, 2012 16:25

DandelionPowderman

Which in itself is rather surprising. It seems like some "official" production, but I
can not think of a reason why the officials did not take the trouble of filming a song
in its complete glory.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: October 30, 2012 16:25

Dreamer
DandelionPowderman

No secrets here. They posted it on their site

SET LIST FOR THE ROLLING STONES’ SECRET GIG AT THE MOGADOR, PARIS

The Rolling Stones played a secret gig at le Théâtre Mogador in Paris last night. After playing their first gig in over five years on Thursday, the band waited less than five days to play their next, this time at the 1,800 capacity venue.
The band for the show comprised of Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood, along with long-term members of the Stones’ touring band, Darryl Jones, Chuck Leavell and Bernard Fowler.

SET LIST

It’s Only Rock ‘N’ Roll (But I Like It)

All Down The Line

You Got Me Rocking

Tumbling Dice

Miss You

You Can’t Always Get What You Want

Doom And Gloom

Midnight Rambler

Start Me Up

Honky Tonk Women

Jumping Jack Flash

ENCORE

Brown Sugar

[www.rollingstones.com]

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: October 30, 2012 16:36

One wonders what iorr from Tokyo 1990 has to do with that, by the way ('mogador playlist' youtube, well...)

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: October 30, 2012 16:39

please MOGADOR show from dime (direct link??)

thanzzzz

Date: October 30, 2012 16:44

Limbostone
One wonders what iorr from Tokyo 1990 has to do with that, by the way ('mogador playlist' youtube, well...)

You pushed play right away, too? Darn! moody smiley

Date: October 30, 2012 16:50

proudmary
Dreamer
DandelionPowderman

The Rolling Stones played a secret gig at le Théâtre Mogador in Paris last night. After playing their first gig in over five years on Thursday, the band waited less than five days to play their next, this time at the 1,800 capacity venue.
The band for the show comprised of Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood, along with long-term members of the Stones’ touring band, Darryl Jones, Chuck Leavell and Bernard Fowler.

SET LIST

All Down The Line

You Got Me Rocking

Tumbling Dice

Miss You

Doom And Gloom

Midnight Rambler

Start Me Up

Honky Tonk Women

Jumping Jack Flash

ENCORE

Brown Sugar

[www.rollingstones.com]

After.
No announcement before.
No information on twitter during.
Etc.
Just L'Wren twittered backstage a couple of times just before the show.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: October 30, 2012 16:51

mariano
please MOGADOR show from dime (direct link??)

thanzzzz
mariano,
there is no link for Mogador show, it's a mistake.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: October 30, 2012 16:54

ok

thanz

Date: October 30, 2012 16:54

DandelionPowderman
Dreamer
DandelionPowderman

Good, I like THAT tone smiling smiley Of course, there will always be a lot to pick on musically when we're talking about the Stones, always has. Mick didn't actually SING much on the 73-78 tours either, and certainly not on JJF (that was my point earlier, just listen to LYL).

I support balanced criticism. In my world it'll be something like this (re the JJF-clip): A bit too slow, Keith steady on guitar, Ronnie a bit to modest on guitar, Charlie a bit rusty. Mick starts the clip out way cool, but loses his breath after a while. All in all, a better sounding JJF compared to the last tours.

In my world: sorry guys this is just too slow, Keith shaky and insecure and not steady enough, Ronnie undefined underconstructive, Charlie as an average drummer, Mick out of breath or not in the mike. All in all not good at all.
Then again, I saw only around 3hundred shows so far.

Date: October 30, 2012 17:00

Dreamer
DandelionPowderman
Dreamer
DandelionPowderman

In my world: sorry guys this is just too slow, Keith shaky and insecure and not steady enough, Ronnie undefined underconstructive, Charlie as an average drummer, Mick out of breath or not in the mike. All in all not good at all.
Then again, I saw only around 3hundred shows so far.

You're probably a guitar player, since you have distinct opinions about Keith being shaky rhythm-wise here?

Musically, however, that's simply not true - from one guitar player to another winking smiley

There are probably hundreds of proofs of Keith being more shaky than this from the 70s, 80s and 90s (where the former decades often are praised). I'd like to hear why you're saying this - it's very interesting, because contrary to the last couple of tours he now played steady and showed that he cared - without posing.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 30, 2012 17:02

These are their first shows in 5 years, give them a break and let them warm up.

Date: October 30, 2012 17:17

marcovandereijk
DandelionPowderman

Which in itself is rather surprising. It seems like some "official" production, but I
can not think of a reason why the officials did not take the trouble of filming releasing a song
in its complete glory.

Or even part of something glorious. Even if they had to use overdubs
and special effects and quick cuts.

I think the most upsetting thing is them telling us the truth. In the clip.
About just how shit a band they are at the moment.

Date: October 30, 2012 17:18

Yes I'm a guitar player!
He always cared and still cares Dandy. Maybe the posing is less. Because he now has to focus real good otherwise he can't do it.
So in a way last tour he had something on his head but now too smoking smiley
For the near future: I don't think it looks (really) good.

Date: October 30, 2012 17:22

proudmary
Dreamer
DandelionPowderman

SET LIST

All Down The Line

You Got Me Rocking

Tumbling Dice

Miss You

Doom And Gloom

Midnight Rambler

Start Me Up

Honky Tonk Women

Jumping Jack Flash

ENCORE

Brown Sugar

[www.rollingstones.com]

And just "secret gig"...giving no information about the fact that they were hired by a couple of top notch investment bank to play for their managers and clients and that no fans were allowed inside while there was plenty of space for 200 of them. Sold their soul but not sold out. sad smiley

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: October 30, 2012 18:33

And just "secret gig"...giving no information about the fact that they were hired by a couple of top notch investment bank to play for their managers and clients and that no fans were allowed inside while there was plenty of space for 200 of them. Sold their soul but not sold out.

It's the music "business". The Stones can do whatever they want, and I don't see a problem with getting the feel of live playing again and making a sh!t load
of money on the way.

I also don't see the problem with a small group of bankers and rich people having the privilege to see the Stones. I don't see it as discrimination to "real fans".
And I also think there is no need to descriminate against rich people and assume none of them are fans or they don't deserve the treat.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: October 30, 2012 18:46

Doxa
Of course, one could interpret the first gig as one pleases, or is honest to one's senses. What especially bothers me is that the bankers - or doctors or whatevers - gig was seemingly agreed earlier and the 'warm-up-gig' afterwards, and the latter rather quickly or spontaniously, in the very last minute. Of course, one could now explain this by saying that the band felt rusty and wanted to do a warm-up gig in order to be in perfect condition for the big money gig.

Well, we mustn't ignore the logistics of the scheduling. I think a private event of this nature needs to be planned out much earlier in advance compared to any normal gig. There are more components involved when they are playing for a specific company (that's a sad sentence to type). So we shouldn't be surprised if this show was indeed planned a little bit more in advance--it needed to be.

If they actually did book the first Paris warm-up gig after booking this bankers show--that is also still very believable--but not necessarily as a PR stunt. They're the Rolling Stones---what venue is going to deny them? There are much less strings to untangle to book a gig for 300 fans at a small venue over a private show of 1000 bankers in a large venue. They know how easy it is to book these one-off surprise gigs, it doesn't look like they need to plan those so much in advance.

Doxa
It is just that all the negative things associated makes it hard to enjoy the good things.

And I get all that. I'm not being taken away with the fairies myself with all the recent ugliness that's transpired. But I also don't think it's fair to necessarily put the entire "tour" under a blanket of pessimism. There needs to be a balance.

Date: October 30, 2012 18:52

ChefGuevara

And just "secret gig"...giving no information about the fact that they were hired by a couple of top notch investment bank to play for their managers and clients and that no fans were allowed inside while there was plenty of space for 200 of them. Sold their soul but not sold out.

It's the music "business". The Stones can do whatever they want, and I don't see a problem with getting the feel of live playing again and making a sh!t load
of money on the way.

I also don't see the problem with a small group of bankers and rich people having the privilege to see the Stones. I don't see it as discrimination to "real fans".
And I also think there is no need to descriminate against rich people and assume none of them are fans or they don't deserve the treat.

I said before I don't mind that at all but that's not what I'm saying in this post. It's the hipocracy about it that I dislike. Just keep informing us no matter who you play for and for how much.
And I don't have anything against rich people at all by the way; I would discriminate myself if I did.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: October 30, 2012 18:52

roby
Ah ah ah....thumbs down How mystify reality. He was at the show and he know talking about Music for sure !

Justin
Rocker Paris blogspot
Keith Richards' playing is kept to a minimum which is very worrying. Ronnie is now holding the house together taking all the lead.

And I don't particularly put much stock in this guy's comment here about Ronnie taking all the leads and Keith's playing is at a minimum. I have a feeling this dude really doesn't know the Stones music well enough and he may be misinterpreting the guitar parts, confusing Keith's role as the "guitar God" who takes all the solos and still does all the riffs. He may have been surprised to realize that Ronnie takes most of the solos while Keith has always stuck to rhythm. The blogger is probably just unfamiliar.

That's great that he was there. But I'm not going to believe some random dude who is purporting that Keith has lost "all his leads" to Ronnie. That word can mean so many different things to different people. If this guy believed that "lead work" on guitar meant screaching guitar solos and constant noodling then it's no wonder he thought Ronnie was in charge. Looking at the setlist, it's mainly all rhythm playing for Keith:

All Down The Line
You Got Me Rocking
Tumbling Dice
Miss You
Doom And Gloom
Midnight Rambler
Start Me Up
Honky Tonk Women
Jumping Jack Flash
ENCORE
Brown Sugar

What, are we to believe now that Ronnie is playing Keith's part on "Brown Sugar" now? Ronnie is now playing "Jumpin Jack Flash?" Yeah, I think we would've heard about such HUGE changes from any of the IORR members that went.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 9 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1434
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home