Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
How does one become a former fan?
Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: June 26, 2012 20:02

Is there a process involved? Do you have to sell or give your records and memorabilia to charity? Is there a badge you hand in? Is having to declare that one is now a former fan a byproduct of having the Stones a way of life and extremely important to one's life and because the band has let them down they must forfeit any relations with the band? Do former fans deny the band's existence? Do you have to stop listening to their music?

How exactly does it work?

Re: How does one become a former fan?
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 26, 2012 20:04

how to become a former fan for dummies is available where all finer books are sold....

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 26, 2012 20:05

"How exactly does it work?"
You suddenly realize the Beatles were a better band than the Stones and you're positive current Macca shows are the most rocking event you might attend.

Won't happen to me any time soon! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 26, 2012 20:07

You have to submit the paperwork in triplicate to the Office, along with your membership card. You will be removed from the rolls, but please note that all fan priviliges are revoked, including but not limited to, the use of the words "weaving", "warhorses", "gold rings on ya", and "todger." Upon approval of your paperwork, you will be officially relieved of fan status, after being shown the blade, of course.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-26 20:43 by 71Tele.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: June 26, 2012 20:08

haha, "gold rings on ya"...didn't know that was added to the list..nice.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 26, 2012 20:09

'You' lose that feeling........................

Posted by: JackFlash68 ()
Date: June 26, 2012 20:14

I could never be a former fan. But I have got in proportion now!

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: June 26, 2012 20:15

Also... Are former fans instantly granted Troll status?

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 26, 2012 20:16

Is it a former fan, or a fan of the former?
I used to be a fan of beer in my kegerator, but it got old and now I'm a fan of the former beer...or a former fan....I think I need that book

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: June 26, 2012 20:19

GumbootCloggeroo
Is there a process involved? Do you have to sell or give your records and memorabilia to charity? Is there a badge you hand in? Is having to declare that one is now a former fan a byproduct of having the Stones a way of life and extremely important to one's life and because the band has let them down they must forfeit any relations with the band? Do former fans deny the band's existence? Do you have to stop listening to their music?

You troll other peoples threads, then create your own snide trollish thread about the other one because you apparently have nothing better to do.

(slow clap)

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 26, 2012 20:21

How does one become a former fan?

Submit to the blade...

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: June 26, 2012 20:40

jamesfdouglas
GumbootCloggeroo

You troll other peoples threads, then create your own snide trollish thread about the other one because you apparently have nothing better to do.

(slow clap)
Define "troll". Was it the Backstreet Boys/N'Sync comment that got your panties in a bunch? Did I embarrass you? Sorry! But hey, you're right, I have nothing better to do. Considering I have so much free time on my hands maybe I'll start a thread and announce that I am now officially not a fan anymore of The Stones because they've let me down! Cue official rolling eyes emoticon in 3, 2, ....eye rolling smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 26, 2012 21:03

GumbootCloggeroo
jamesfdouglas
GumbootCloggeroo

(slow clap)
Define "troll". Was it the Backstreet Boys/N'Sync comment that got your panties in a bunch? Did I embarrass you? Sorry! But hey, you're right, I have nothing better to do. Considering I have so much free time on my hands maybe I'll start a thread and announce that I am now officially not a fan anymore of The Stones because they've let me down! Cue official rolling eyes emoticon in 3, 2, ....eye rolling smiley

When the parents are fighting (Mick and Keith), it invariably affects the children.

So sad.

Date: June 26, 2012 21:59

GumbootCloggeroo

Excellent question. First you need to establish what a fan IS by definition.

The New World Dictionary's definition: fan: a person enthusiastic about a specified sport, pastime, or performer; devotee [a baseball fan, movie fan]

I would say once you lose your enthusiasm for the above mentioned and are no longer a devotee you then slip into the category of former fan.

I think it comes down to a personal decision. I certainly liked them and their music in the sixties but lost my enthusiasm for them sometime during the seventies. I became a fan again on February 18, 2003 while watching a replay of their HBO concert at MSG the month before. I have been a fan since.

I can certainly accept people saying they are no longer a fan of the members (or certain members) but still enjoy the music. Or no longer enjoy their music but are a fan of their music during certain eras of the past. What I don't accept is people that show no enthusiasm for the band today (or their music) and still argue that they are fans.

So how does one become a former fan? The same way one becomes a former husband, wife, or friend. Things change. People change. People get angry at one another they have been close to for years and never speak again. Shit happens. The same is true with fans. A team loses year in and year out and before long they start to lose their fan base. I have heard of people burning jerseys, hats, etc.. Sometimes people just outgrow things and move on. Or get bored and want to try other things.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 26, 2012 22:04

I suppose one would just buy an Automatically Renewing Membership to the "Former" Fan Club...

Bam, you're a fan!

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: June 26, 2012 22:10

Try to listen to A Bigger Bang more than once smiling smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 26, 2012 22:32

Post here ---- [www.iorr.org]

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: June 26, 2012 22:36

treaclefingers
GumbootCloggeroo
jamesfdouglas
GumbootCloggeroo

(slow clap)

When the parents are fighting (Mick and Keith), it invariably affects the children.

So sad.

The fans are the parents. Keith, I'm your father.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: June 26, 2012 22:38

Easy. Listen to any KISS, ELO or Styx album once.Now you have your answer.

Date: June 26, 2012 22:48

Redhotcarpet
treaclefingers
GumbootCloggeroo
jamesfdouglas
GumbootCloggeroo

(slow clap)

So sad.

The fans are the parents. Keith, I'm your father.

You wouldn't happen to be Darth Vader would you?

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: June 26, 2012 22:51

I sold my Who cds when I found Pete Townshend was arrested under Operation Oar.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 27, 2012 00:00

You stop being a current one.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 27, 2012 00:06

Donate your Rolling Stones record collection to me for free.....................

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 27, 2012 00:09

Just join the whiners around here and things will fall into place by itself. It's not so hard, I will tell you...

Date: June 27, 2012 00:30

GumbootCloggeroo
Define "troll". Was it the Backstreet Boys/N'Sync comment that got your panties in a bunch? Did I embarrass you? Sorry! [/quote]

You're the one throwing stones my way., you're the one with the implying lack of masculinity. Therefore, you're the troll with these issues, not me.

So, suck it.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: June 27, 2012 00:43

For $95 the Stones will officially "de-certify you as a fan.

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: June 27, 2012 00:48

steverogan

Yeah $95 or multiple Stones fans can get the group-rate of $50 per fan.

Date: June 27, 2012 00:51

FrankM
steverogan

Yeah $95 or multiple Stones fans can get the group-rate of $50 per fan.

For that price I understand they'll even give you the 'former fan' ball cap and poster.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 27, 2012 01:00

I never got my promised fan cap. What are the chances I will ever get the "Former Fan" cap?

Date: June 27, 2012 01:02

Stoneage
I never got my promised fan cap. What are the chances I will ever get the "Former Fan" cap?

You mean the ones that say "No Longer a Pandereable Money-Throwing Sucker"?

[thepowergoats.com]

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1611
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home