Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 46
Re: The official "TICKET DROP" thread
Posted by: Sheltergimme ()
Date: November 14, 2012 22:08

still there 101 row u seat 23 sunday 25th

Posted by: Sheltergimme ()
Date: November 14, 2012 22:13

NOW 29TH 102 ROW K

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: November 14, 2012 22:31

So how many people are like me, having paid 406 for a B-block and now seeing this all headed for field tickets being available....

Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: November 14, 2012 23:09

Whale
So how many people are like me, having paid 406 for a B-block and now seeing this all headed for field tickets being available....

I am almost certain you will see A block tickets arriving very soon.

Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: November 14, 2012 23:12

There is presently no availability for the 29th, but we all know that is going to change. cool smiley

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 14, 2012 23:47

Promoman
I got my ticket upgraded from Nosebleed to row 8 FOS at the LA Forum service desk ten minuets before the show. I had to pay the face value price difference, which I gladly did.

If you're talking about the LA Forum in 2006, I was there two rows behind you. I bought a VIP package - as I recall, it was $650, and included dinner and a nice leather tongue logo pocket datebook (which I forgot under my seat in my haste to beat the traffic). The most I've paid for a Stones show. On the bright side, that was an absolutely smoking pre-accident Keith show, a notch above Saitama - aside from a train-wreck with "Respectable" on the B-Stage. I wish they would release it

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 15, 2012 01:20

Whale

Er ... well you're probably not overly happy really, are you ? I told you, do not fall for this "sold out" nonsense. Ticketmaster ALWAYS sell from the top and from the back. If you can't find what you want in a presale, where typically they offer a mix of some really good seats and a proportion of total and utter rubbish, then take a deep breath and simply hold fire ......... and WAIT !! It really IS that simple !!

So are you really in the B block ? Yes, I got offered loads of B block stuff in the AMEX presale, and in the Facebook presale, and in the O2 Priority presale ... but really !! Just FORGET IT. Understand the game they play, how they work, and you're halfway there. The secondary market is another kettle of fish altogether, that is just a con and a rip-off pure and simple.

Welcome to the world we live in, it ain't pretty !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 15, 2012 02:02

Dunno, about A or Pit becoming available in the "drop", the 101's that popped up for the 25th tonight were really at the top and they're all gone and dusted...we'll see. My guess is that they were included in the hotel+tix packages offered on Eventim that didn't sell.

Date: November 15, 2012 02:25

Whale

B block on the floor isn't bad at all. I used to buy the back hakf of the floor all the time when they had the B-stage. I still enjoyed the show on the main stage. If you're 150 cm, then you've got a problem though.

My advice is once you've bought your tickets, stop watching what tickets pop up - there might be some up front that pop up, but unless a block of seats comes up, you need a bit of luck to get them. If you work a full-time job, man, odds aren't great. And remember, even in the week or so before a show, the scalpers might still be out looking for a quick turnaround.

Just relax (which is the benefit you get from buying early) and look forward to the show!

Date: November 15, 2012 09:17

drbryant
Whale

B block on the floor isn't bad at all. I used to buy the back hakf of the floor all the time when they had the B-stage. I still enjoyed the show on the main stage. If you're 150 cm, then you've got a problem though.

My advice is once you've bought your tickets, stop watching what tickets pop up - there might be some up front that pop up, but unless a block of seats comes up, you need a bit of luck to get them. If you work a full-time job, man, odds aren't great. And remember, even in the week or so before a show, the scalpers might still be out looking for a quick turnaround.

Just relax (which is the benefit you get from buying early) and look forward to the show!

<<< B block on the floor isn't bad at all. I used to buy the back hakf of the floor all the time when they had the B-stage. I still enjoyed the show on the main stage >>>

I never ever considered the B blocks on the last tour. Why ? The band performed 20 songs. 17 would be at least 26 rows if not more in front of me, over a sea of heads, and three would be nearer - depending on exactly where that B block seat might have been in relation to the stage. Not a good deal as far as I was concerned. I used to do the trick of running back to the B stage from wherever I was up front, run across the back of folks' seats, get a great place at the B stage, catch the 3 songs there, and then leg it back up front. It worked a treat, I know many other people that used to do that routinely. You gotta do what ya gotta do ............. and apart from anything else, there isn't a B stage arrangement for these particular shows. No better reason that that alone to avoid the B blocks like the plague, in my humble opinion.

<<< Just relax (which is the benefit you get from buying early) and look forward to the show ! >>>

But that's the whole point: in this particular instance - there actually WASN'T any benefit in buying early for an awful lot of people ... witness the hordes of the "disappointed". Why ? Because of (a) the mass take-up of tickets that were either directly allocated to the secondary sites and/or snapped by individuals who put them onto those sites straightaway, and (b) Ticketmaster's policy of filling up a venue from the top and from the back first, leaving a lot of the good stuff till last.

So with all due respect to your view, early is proven to be not so good, and late definitely has the potential to be great.

As for working a full time job and having time constraints and all that, yes of course people don't all necessarily have the time to spend hour upon hour trawling TM and SEETICKETS and waiting for the inevitable ticket drops, but it really does depend on individuals, and how badly they want a particular location, and how much effort they're prepared to put in. Bjornulf himself has said many many times that patience and effort are ultimately rewarded, I would subscribe to that view completely. If you do not have the time and/or cannot be arsed to make the effort, then fine ... I have no issue with it. Do not pass GO, do not collect $200, but go straight to jail in the form of SEATWAVE, VIAGOGO, GETMEIN - and make sure you have a hefty chequebook to hand !!

Personally, I am prepared to put in the time, make the effort, and guess what ? I duly get the reward ....... yippeeeeeeeeeeeeee hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: November 15, 2012 09:29

paulywaul
...If you do not have the time and/or cannot be arsed to make the effort, then fine ... I have no issue with it. Do not pass GO, do not collect $200, but go straight to jail in the form of SEATWAVE, VIAGOGO, GETMEIN - and make sure you have a hefty chequebook to hand !!

Personally, I am prepared to put in the time, make the effort, and guess what ? I duly get the reward ....... yippeeeeeeeeeeeeee hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley

I totally agree to that as well. This time however the timeline to organize flights/accommodation, holidays and all that was much shorter than in 2006/7. Also in 2007 I remember that the goods seats came up several weeks before the concert trilogy which gave foreigners still enough time to get a fair good deal of flights and hotels. For the two shows in London it was 5 weeks. So for me the waiting trick for better seats was no choice.
But once again I am happy for everybody who gets rewarded for their effort and patience and hopefully despite high or low ticket prices we see a very good anniverairy concert. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-15 09:30 by Grison.

Posted by: Garbie ()
Date: November 15, 2012 10:35

I don´t see the point in telling people how bad they did in buying their tickets... I guess you were lucky being offered so many B block tickets in the different presales; form what I read, you are an exception.

I will be happy for all those that may get good tickets at reasonable prices (well, there are no reasonable prices anyway) but I am also happy for those that already have them even if they are not the best ones and that can relax and prepare their travelling without being nervous about getting or not the the last moment.

I have a couple of VIP packages for my wife and I so no problem about the quality of the tickets. Comming from Spain, I pefer to assume and extra payment for the dinner and the rest of the things but being sure of being there than to book a plane and a hotel and maybe finish watching a musical in the West End.

paulywaul
Whale

Er ... well you're probably not overly happy really, are you ? I told you, do not fall for this "sold out" nonsense. Ticketmaster ALWAYS sell from the top and from the back. If you can't find what you want in a presale, where typically they offer a mix of some really good seats and a proportion of total and utter rubbish, then take a deep breath and simply hold fire ......... and WAIT !! It really IS that simple !!

So are you really in the B block ? Yes, I got offered loads of B block stuff in the AMEX presale, and in the Facebook presale, and in the O2 Priority presale ... but really !! Just FORGET IT. Understand the game they play, how they work, and you're halfway there. The secondary market is another kettle of fish altogether, that is just a con and a rip-off pure and simple.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 15, 2012 11:03

Just tried buying a ticket from ticketmaster. Was denied twice. First I didn't have a mastercard secure code so I went to the site and made one. Second attempt I got the same error message code. Seems the force is against me buying a ticket. Hope there will be something decent available at the box office. What a pain in the butt!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 15, 2012 11:21

What kind of seat had you found? I'm not getting any results at this time for the 25th.

Date: November 15, 2012 11:22

Garbie
I don´t see the point in telling people how bad they did in buying their tickets... I guess you were lucky being offered so many B block tickets in the different presales; form what I read, you are an exception.

I will be happy for all those that may get good tickets at reasonable prices (well, there are no reasonable prices anyway) but I am also happy for those that already have them even if they are not the best ones and that can relax and prepare their travelling without being nervous about getting or not the the last moment.

I have a couple of VIP packages for my wife and I so no problem about the quality of the tickets. Comming from Spain, I pefer to assume and extra payment for the dinner and the rest of the things but being sure of being there than to book a plane and a hotel and maybe finish watching a musical in the West End.

paulywaul
Whale

To the contrary, I think I was really UNLUCKY. These were presales don't forget, a perfectly reasonable assumption is that you're going to get offered something good, just at an earlier opportunity - that's to say before the general public sale. So being offered rubbish, and lots of it at that ... isn't really being lucky - is it ? And I am NOT saying the B blocks are rubbish, but when you're specifically looking for either blocks 101, 112, or the tongue pit - and all you get offered are blocks 106 & 107 and the BACK of the B floor blocks, you're not overly impressed. And I certainly WASN'T.

Date: November 15, 2012 11:57

Well, those "presales" in my opinion were not really so. I mean, they only put part of the total tickets for sale and everyone interested had access to them (just having the AMEX number. The Facebook presale was really 100% open).

I tried to get tickets in all the presales and, as many here according to what I read, I did not even get any tickets offered (well, yes, in one occassion I had the opportunity of 2 tickets in 4XX at 400 gbp aprox...). That is why I think you were lucky because, good or bad, at least you were offered several times Section B tickets which are mcuh better than what most of us were offered.

I admire your cold nerves to wait till the last moment if necessary but also others in your situation need to understand that there is a real change of not getting into the concert.

I see too much optimism in thinking that it will be possible to get good tickets at less than face value...and I seriously doubt it. I will be happy for those who can get them anyway!

paulywaul
Garbie

paulywaul
Whale

To the contrary, I think I was really UNLUCKY. These were presales don't forget, a perfectly reasonable assumption is that you're going to get offered something good, just at an earlier opportunity - that's to say before the general public sale. So being offered rubbish, and lots of it at that ... isn't really being lucky - is it ? And I am NOT saying the B blocks are rubbish, but when you're specifically looking for either blocks 101, 112, or the tongue pit - and all you get offered are blocks 106 & 107 and the BACK of the B floor blocks, you're not overly impressed. And I certainly WASN'T.

Date: November 15, 2012 12:01

At the moment in Ticketmaster Block 102 Row J offered. I mean depending on what you like the seats are not to bad, but if you want to be upfront of course they are bad.

Anyway I agree to both Garbie and Paulywaul. If you have the nerves to wait and see and live nearby wonderful. But as Garbie I was offered only Grap or nothing on presale. This is why I took the save way like Garbie. So we see the same show/concert as all will do, we can only tell you if the cook and the wine was any good smileys with beer

Date: November 15, 2012 12:25

Well, you´ll need to be fast if you want to get some wine. I will eat and drink as much as possible to get a reasonable return on the investment>grinning smiley<

Grison
At the moment in Ticketmaster Block 102 Row J offered. I mean depending on what you like the seats are not to bad, but if you want to be upfront of course they are bad.

Anyway I agree to both Garbie and Paulywaul. If you have the nerves to wait and see and live nearby wonderful. But as Garbie I was offered only Grap or nothing on presale. This is why I took the save way like Garbie. So we see the same show/concert as all will do, we can only tell you if the cook and the wine was any good smileys with beer

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 15, 2012 13:29

£799 for Block A1 for the Sunday 02 show. Best price yet.

And £849 for Block A2 (probably the best block) on the Thursday for £849.

Posted by: LastStopThisTown ()
Date: November 15, 2012 14:09

Block 102 ticket row N still available at £406.
As much as i want to go to this gig i refuse to pay it...

What are the odds of turning up to O2 box office on the day and it being cheaper??

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 15, 2012 14:11

You might get better seats from the box office on the day but I doubt they'll be on offer at a cheaper price.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: November 15, 2012 14:16

They will not be cheaper at the box office. There are many tickets way below face value on eBay at the moment. If you only require a single then the prices are even better. If you wait until next Tuesday/Wednesday then eBay sellers will be shaking in their boots and you'll grab a (relative) bargain.
For anyone debating whether to go, if you can, do it! It's been 5 long years. Be in the house!

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: November 15, 2012 15:01

I'll be in an institution at this rate .............

sc uk

Date: November 15, 2012 15:09

Silver Dagger
£799 for Block A1 for the Sunday 02 show. Best price yet.

And £849 for Block A2 (probably the best block) on the Thursday for £849.

I have Block A1 for the Thursday O2 show. They cost me £650 each as part of that Brussels box set. I checked my tickets from 2007 and for the first night, I was in Block A1, but a few rows closer - - - price? £165. sigh. . .

Date: November 15, 2012 15:19

paulywaul
drbryant
Whale

<<< B block on the floor isn't bad at all. I used to buy the back hakf of the floor all the time when they had the B-stage. I still enjoyed the show on the main stage >>>

You gotta do what ya gotta do ............. and apart from anything else, there isn't a B stage arrangement for these particular shows. No better reason that that alone to avoid the B blocks like the plague, in my humble opinion.

I disagree with this, and think that Whale will have a great time (again, unless he's short). I was back near the sound board for the Zeppelin show at the O2, and it remains possibly the most moving concert experience of my life. That said, I agree wholeheartedly that as you move further back on the floor, you're better off being in the stands, where you have elevation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-15 15:23 by drbryant.

Date: November 15, 2012 15:20

drbryant
I have Block A1 for the Thursday O2 show. They cost me £650 each as part of that Brussels box set. I checked my tickets from 2007 and for the first night, .
I'll give you a shout from inside the pit winking smiley

Date: November 15, 2012 15:28

Grison
drbryant
I have Block A1 for the Thursday O2 show. They cost me £650 each as part of that Brussels box set. I checked my tickets from 2007 and for the first night, .
I'll give you a shout from inside the pit winking smiley

Thanks; wish I could be there with ya.

LATEST STUBHUB

Number of tickets for the 12/15 show actually increased from 2072 to 2104 overnight. 12/13 - 2564 tickets available. These are moving very slowly it seems.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-15 15:36 by drbryant.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 15, 2012 15:40

drbryant
paulywaul
drbryant
Whale

You gotta do what ya gotta do ............. and apart from anything else, there isn't a B stage arrangement for these particular shows. No better reason that that alone to avoid the B blocks like the plague, in my humble opinion.

I disagree with this, and think that Whale will have a great time (again, unless he's short). I was back near the sound board for the Zeppelin show at the O2, and it remains possibly the most moving concert experience of my life. That said, I agree wholeheartedly that as you move further back on the floor, you're better off being in the stands, where you have elevation.

Let's hope he has a Whale of a time, in that case!

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: November 15, 2012 16:03

You can still get that Block 101 Row M seat on Ticketbastard for the full £406

No @#$%& chance

Posted by: GADAWG ()
Date: November 15, 2012 16:20

It looks like the ice is beginning to crack for the NJ shows. Went on E-bay last night and started making offers on the auctions where that was an option.

Many of the offers I made were just above or below face value. Aside from a nasty email from a seller pricing his tickets at $39,999.00, It wasn't long before I started to receive responses from people that were not seasoned ticket brokers looking at their options.

After about two hours I received a counter offer and was able to purchase Mezz tickets for Saturday night @ $400.00 below face. The seller even included his ticketmaster receipt.

I still think I could do better but coming from ATL I wanted tickets in hand. I guess my message is to continue to hold on as tickets will surely be available everywhere.

Oh by the way the seller for $39,999.00 got so upset when I offered $250.00 he threatened to make a complaint to E-bay accusing me of harassment. Who is harassing whom?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 46

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1473
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home