Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112
Current Page: 12 of 12
Re: Toronto Phoenix (Live, 2005)
Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: October 25, 2012 14:14

DandelionPowderman
opj
Over the past year "The Rolling Stones", have given their fans 6 great live albums, from 6 different tours. I think all those negative "fans" should find another artist to listen to, what about Lady Gaga or Pink, I think that must be something for you. I love "The Stones", and that's that.

Best post of the month! thumbs up

There should be another parallel forum for those angry and chronical dissatisfied Stones bashers

I also agrre that this is a good one!!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 25, 2012 14:22

KeithNacho
DandelionPowderman
opj
Over the past year "The Rolling Stones", have given their fans 6 great live albums, from 6 different tours. I think all those negative "fans" should find another artist to listen to, what about Lady Gaga or Pink, I think that must be something for you. I love "The Stones", and that's that.

Best post of the month! thumbs up

There should be another parallel forum for those angry and chronical dissatisfied Stones bashers

actually, that's this forum. bash away, baby!!!!!

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: October 25, 2012 14:41

What is interesting about the Archive series, in general, with the exception of Brussels Affair, 1973, is how they correspond with the previously released live albums.

E.G. Hampton 1981 is allied to Still Life
LA Friday is allied to Love You Live
Tokyo 1990 is allied to Flashpoint
Toronto 2005 is allied to Shine A Light.

Therefore, my assumption is that concert No 6 will be a gig like The Paradiso, 1995, as Stripped would be a corresponding album.

I would add that 3 out of 5 gigs on the archive series relate to large stadium/arena gigs, and that 2 relate to smaller sized venues: the 3 large are LA Friday, Hampton, and Tokyo 1990. The smaller size are Toronto and Brussels. Therefore, the next gig could also be a small scale gig: again, the Paradiso springs to mind.

I still would like CD issues of the gigs, and would also wish to know how many CDRs are required for Toronto 2005.

Thanks

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: October 25, 2012 15:09

tomcasagranda

I still would like CD issues of the gigs, and would also wish to know how many CDRs are required for Toronto 2005.

Thanks

The gig is approx. 71 minutes, so 1 CDR is required.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 25, 2012 17:36

Erik_Snow
opj

So if one finds some negative sides of this 2005 concert and also think it's not worth listening to more than once, one "should move on to Lady Gaga" ? She's on a higher level you mean? Could be
I take it that it doesn't matter how the band play, as long it is "played by the Rolling Stones" ? Okay...that makes sense

"Given the fans 6 great live albums".....the main complaint among us is that we had 4 of them in nearly perfect quality allready. You would have had them too, if you had any interest in finding them.

This is good advice. I think Ms. Gaga may be more in touch with the needs of her fans then these old coots. Not certain what Pink means, but I'm definitely now a fan. Thanks for the clarity opj.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: October 25, 2012 17:44

Up on top of this page it says "Talk about your favorite band". It doesn't say "Only say nice things about your favorite band". What sounds divine to some sounds crap to others and vice versa. To have a "My Stones Right Or Wrong" attitude is not allowing an exchange or discussion. They are my favorite band and I enjoy reading the comments here. But they are human and this release is very indicative of that to my ears. To enjoy this show is fine. To not enjoy this show is fine. Doesn't make me less of a fan. Quite the contrary.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-25 17:45 by bleedingman.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 25, 2012 17:48

bleedingman
Up on top of this page it says "Talk about your favorite band". It doesn't say "Only say nice things about your favorite band". What sounds divine to some sounds crap to others and vice versa. To have a "My Stones Right Or Wrong" attitude is not allowing an exchange or discussion. They are my favorite band and I enjoy reading the comments here. But they are human and this release is very indicative of that to my ears. To enjoy this show is fine. To not enjoy this show is fine. Doesn't make me less of a fan. Quite the contrary.

You're right. I was too hasty. I no longer follow the GaGa forum. I'm back for better or worse.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: October 25, 2012 18:06

Downloaded from the Archive Store last night, listened to around half - definitely a great mix, and they sound great on some tracks

Surprisingly I probably won't enjoy it as much as the Tokyo show - I only got the Tokyo show a few weeks ago, never had been a big fan of the 'Wheels' sound; too keyboardy and guitars buried, at least in the pro-shots I have - but the Tokyo release was amazing! Absolutely loved it, the version of Satisfaction for example is a killer, Bill bass riff on the extended outro magic! Sympathy is one of the finest versions, and as Gazza mentioned when it was released, there's about an hour long stretch in the middle that is just glorious!

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 25, 2012 18:28

Great sound, great guitar sound!!!

She´s So Cold is fantastic.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 25, 2012 18:55

Man, this is sooooooooooooooooo good!
At least something that´s easing the GrrrTicketScalping1500$-pain.

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: October 25, 2012 20:38

TooTough
She´s So Cold is fantastic.

One of the best sounding releases ever. But Shes so cold is a fine excample that shows that often Darryl`s bassplaying doesn`t fit. This how can I say "plumpy" rythm instead of Wymans fluency swinging bass gives this number a different feeling I don`t really like.

Tom

Posted by: MrMonte ()
Date: October 26, 2012 16:09

I want to do a slight reassessment of my earlier review.

I was on a five hour red-eye two nights ago and couldn't sleep at all, so used the time to listen to this in perfect conditions for me - favorite headphones, in the dark, getting immersed in the music. Listened straight through and then re-listened to a couple tracks.

Overall, this hold together better than I first thought. The playing is tight throughout, and you get the fantastic mix and the great clarity with respect to Charlie's drumming in particular.

The reassessment is primarily regarding the three warhorses at the end. I'm so used to hearing the arena versions - particularly with respect to JJF and BS - that I didn't realize that these were in fact strong performances aimed at capturing the sound and power of the original recordings - something like we last heard on a regular basis on the No Security tour. They are actually quite well done and powerful, and so I wanted to reflect that. TD also fits in better than I first realized, and provides a nice segue into the final numbers, though I'm not quite as sold on it.

So, fair's fair, the bottom line is that this recording has really grown on me. That's not usually the case. I happen to enjoy Tokyo, for example, or Hampton, but no more now than when I first heard them. This one creeps up on you. Or at least it did me!

Peace

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: October 26, 2012 16:34

Ross
I just don't get a Stones fan passing on a professionally recorded & mixed recording of a club show for only $5. When I think of all of the crap bootlegs I have paid buttloads for over the years!

Sure, there about 1000 other shows I would rather have, but this sounds great and is a very different, fun show. Warhorses? Only TD, BS, and JJF. The rest are either new or not too often played.

Digging a new Stones live album and I'm only out $5, Can't wait for the next one!

Ross

Quite right

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: AP ()
Date: October 27, 2012 00:13

Found myself listening it again and again. Very cool.

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: November 10, 2012 23:20

i only just discovered this today,I have not been keeping up with threads lately.
just downloaded it now sounds ok so far ,i had forgotten about thr reworking of breakdown.
This will have to do for this year,my circumstances have just changed dramatically in the income stakes,so pleased i could end the year on a reative high.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 10, 2012 23:34

I like this one too. Besides Brussels it's the best the second best in my opinion.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: November 11, 2012 01:27

frankotero
I like this one too. Besides Brussels it's the best the second best in my opinion.

1/Brussels 2/Toronto 3/Tokyo 4/LA 5/Hampton

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112
Current Page: 12 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1104
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home