Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 12
Toronto Phoenix (Live, 2005)
Posted by: Rocknroll1969 ()
Date: October 16, 2012 23:23

Re: Toronto Phoenix (Live, 2005)
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: October 16, 2012 23:24

Rocknroll1969
[play.google.com].
Lol did we know about this at all? I know this was rumored to be the next release, but did we even know a release was coming?

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 16, 2012 23:31

So Toronto 2005 is the next vault release....OK. Hrmf.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-16 23:40 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: October 16, 2012 23:38

I was there and to be honest, it wasn't their best warm-up gig. Couldn't hold a candle to Palais Royale nor to RPM. It was OK, not terrifically great.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 16, 2012 23:43

RollingFreak
Rocknroll1969
[play.google.com].
Lol did we know about this at all? I know this was rumored to be the next release, but did we even know a release was coming?

I mentioned about 6 months ago that they were preparing it for release - and then Tokyo 90 appeared.

Either it was postponed or they just mix these way in advance

Date: October 16, 2012 23:45

Gazza
RollingFreak
Rocknroll1969
[play.google.com].

I mentioned about 6 months ago that they were preparing it for release - and then Tokyo 90 appeared.

I remember this being talked about, but was anyone aware a release was coming? Usually these are anticipated in advance. I thought I just read something yesterday that because of the tour and everything, we probably shouldn't expect one for awhile. Seems coincidental.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: October 16, 2012 23:49

RollingFreak
Gazza
RollingFreak
Rocknroll1969
[play.google.com].

I remember this being talked about, but was anyone aware a release was coming?

I think they are mixed way in advance. Keith was wearing the same clothing at the interviews for both Brussels Affair and Hampton 81. They, both Mick and Keith, must have a half hour slot to discuss what's going to be released and what their memories of it are.

Usually these are anticipated in advance. I thought I just read something yesterday that because of the tour and everything, we probably shouldn't expect one for awhile. Seems coincidental.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: October 16, 2012 23:50

Sorry, mea culpa.

Here's what I wished to say:

I think they are mixed way in advance. Keith was wearing the same clothing at the interviews for both Brussels Affair and Hampton 81. They, both Mick and Keith, must have a half hour slot to discuss what's going to be released and what their memories of it are.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 16, 2012 23:53

RollingFreak
Gazza
RollingFreak
Rocknroll1969
[play.google.com].

I remember this being talked about, but was anyone aware a release was coming? Usually these are anticipated in advance. I thought I just read something yesterday that because of the tour and everything, we probably shouldn't expect one for awhile. Seems coincidental.

When they released the first one in November 2011, it was released 4 days before the simultaneous releases of Some Girls Deluxe and the Some Girls Live In texas '78 packages. The last one came out around the same time as the 50th anniversary book.

If anything, this one is behind schedule...there hasnt been one for over 3 months.

Theres never any advance warning of a release date for these downloads, the best you can usually hope for is a hint on their facebook page, but they always just appear without prior notice.

Posted by: lamemodem2 ()
Date: October 16, 2012 23:54

I'm glad it's finally out, but once again I have to say Google Music is just the worst store to buy music on the web. I wish I could just buy it from the Stones Archive website.

Date: October 16, 2012 23:56

I see. Well either way, this looks like a pretty good show. I'd love to hear live versions of 19th Nervous Breakdown, Dead Flowers, Ain't Too Proud To Beg, Infamy, Oh No Not You Again. A good list of songs I don't have many live versions of already.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: October 16, 2012 23:59

Should be available by tomorrow night for "the rest of the world"...

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 17, 2012 00:08

Crap!

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: October 17, 2012 00:10

Listening now. Sounds great!

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: October 17, 2012 00:17

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: October 17, 2012 00:23

lamemodem2
I'm glad it's finally out, but once again I have to say Google Music is just the worst store to buy music on the web. I wish I could just buy it from the Stones Archive website.

What's so bad about Google music? Seems easy enough to me. I purchase the album, then immediately download each song. They automatically import to my iTunes. Done deal, instantly on all my devices.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 17, 2012 00:27

Cocaine Eyes
I was there and to be honest, it wasn't their best warm-up gig. Couldn't hold a candle to Palais Royale nor to RPM. It was OK, not terrifically great.

The clips looked good. Must have been great actually being there!

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: October 17, 2012 00:38

Sweet!

Downloaded, and listening now.

There hasn't been one live version of "Rough Justice" I enjoyed from the ABB tour. Always sounded disjointed and just a hollowed mess....I'm happy to hear that the version here is much tighter--very, very close to the studio version. Although, it's hilarious to hear the flubs so early on.

I'm glad this was finally released. Would've been nice to have gotten Brixton or Paradiso from the VL tour or perhaps the Double Door 1997...but this will have to do. Hopefully this will be the final "modern era"" recording and they devote the last one to another recording from the classic/vintage years.

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: October 17, 2012 00:38

Munichhilton
Crap!

you are definetly right, but at least, it´s something new, not another tokyo90 desaster.

Date: October 17, 2012 00:57

Kind of bothers me now realizing they don't play 19th Nervous Breakdown the normal way. I'm all for different versions of songs, but for a song they don't play all the time, that annoys me a tad.

Date: October 17, 2012 00:57

I'm in the minority when I say I've always dug this new version of "19th Nervous Breakdown." I love the original very much--it's one of my favorite tracks ever---but this song is a cool departure..if not little "experiment." Only played twice on the tour and probably the right decision to do so considering this wwasn't for everyone.

The band really reverts to muscle memory here and actually has to rise to the occasion and fill out the sound on this song. There is tons of space in the song for each one of them to fill in and both Keith and Ronnie do a nice job to make use of that space. There is nothing Vegas or autopilot about this performance. It sounds like a band struggling to get through the song but still have some idea where to take it. The guitars slicing through during the outro is especially cool to listen to.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 17, 2012 00:58

Hate that bogus '19th Nervous Breakdown'. It's a breakneck song that doesn't deserve being slowed down to an uninspired blues. This is the first one of these that I'll pass on. I might buy 'Back of My Hand' by itself, but really, I'm tired of the warhorses. And I'm tired of being told that Daryll Jones is a 'real' musician, and that gosh, he played with Miles Davis. My ears tell me he may be a great jazz bassist, but he ain't no rock and roller.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: October 17, 2012 01:10

jazzbass
lamemodem2

What's so bad about Google music? Seems easy enough to me. I purchase the album, then immediately download each song. They automatically import to my iTunes. Done deal, instantly on all my devices.

I don't know if it's a good service or not; it's not available in the most tech-savy country in the Western Hemisphere apparently.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Beast of Babylon ()
Date: October 17, 2012 01:21

I know many may not agree but i think this is far and away better than the 02 toronto show

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: October 17, 2012 01:26

I just don't get a Stones fan passing on a professionally recorded & mixed recording of a club show for only $5. When I think of all of the crap bootlegs I have paid buttloads for over the years!

Sure, there about 1000 other shows I would rather have, but this sounds great and is a very different, fun show. Warhorses? Only TD, BS, and JJF. The rest are either new or not too often played.

Digging a new Stones live album and I'm only out $5, Can't wait for the next one!

Ross

Date: October 17, 2012 01:44

I wonder if the Stones will do a club show for warming up. Is it a coincidence that they release this concert now, the warm up for last tour, when they are about to go on a stage in a month? And Keith talks a lot about the importance of small club gigs for a warming up before they go on a larger stage.

By the way, I like the way Keith talks here, seems to be more himself (or showing the side of himself I like more, behaving natural and humble).

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: October 17, 2012 02:04

Lien

Where is Mick?

Date: October 17, 2012 02:09

"Infamy" also benefits from the smaller room and smaller stage. Like "Rough Justice" earlier, this version of "Infamy" really works well. Sounds so much better than when they tried it on the road...plus no horns on this one. Thank God.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: October 17, 2012 02:49

Justin
I'm in the minority when I say I've always dug this new version of "19th Nervous Breakdown." I love the original very much--it's one of my favorite tracks ever---but this song is a cool departure..if not little "experiment." Only played twice on the tour and probably the right decision to do so considering this wwasn't for everyone.

The band really reverts to muscle memory here and actually has to rise to the occasion and fill out the sound on this song. There is tons of space in the song for each one of them to fill in and both Keith and Ronnie do a nice job to make use of that space. There is nothing Vegas or autopilot about this performance. It sounds like a band struggling to get through the song but still have some idea where to take it. The guitars slicing through during the outro is especially cool to listen to.

Amen. I always loved this version!

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: October 17, 2012 03:00

wow. Quite a nice suprise! Looking forward to listening to this tonight spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2092
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home