Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 60
Re: GRRR! The Rolling Stones
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 7, 2012 23:24

Don't know the prices - I think $20 would be a fair price.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: September 7, 2012 23:45

A disgusting, stupid and tasteless cover. What a way of finishing a glorious and unique career. What a poor last shot. The cover suggests a title like "one last drop".

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 7, 2012 23:50

windmelody
A disgusting, stupid and tasteless cover. What a way of finishing a glorious and unique career. What a poor last shot. The cover suggests a title like "one last drop".

It's moreso childish.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 7, 2012 23:56

bigger is not better

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: September 7, 2012 23:58

MightyStonesStillRollin50
stonesnow
micawber
HopeYouGuessMyName
I am alway looking forward to new songs. So here is the question. Will Universal (and/ or the Stones) be greedy and NOT allow the two songs to be purchased individually on iTunes or will they be creeps and insist that we buy a 3 cd set to pick up two singles? I am aware that I have the freedom to not purchase anything, but I do want the new songs, because as a fan - I know that I will enjoy them!

What'S your suggestion? Mine is clear. They'll suck big time.

I hear they are "killer". Best Stones since Bridges.

MSSR50, I want to thank you for being such a good sport about all my needling comments regarding your being a Stones Inc. insider/secret agent man--after all, I say such things all in the spirit of good fun. I also want to thank you for complimenting me on page 3 of the september 4..... what do you expect thread for having such a "fabulous imagination", which, as a creative poet/musician type, I certainly do. I would also like to let you in on the fact that I possess certain psychic abilities as well, because, also on page 3 of the september 4..... what do you expect thread, in my post of September 5, I accurately predicted that you would proclaim the 2 new tracks on GRRR! as "the most brilliant tracks they've recorded since Bulges To Bubble-on", and sure enough, just 38 hours later in your post in this thread on September 6, you did indeed proclaim these 2 new tracks as the "best Stones since Bridges."

So you are indeed an insider--or at least, you know someone who has heard the 2 new tracks before the general public has, because why else would you proclaim songs as "killer" before you've even heard them? That would be putting the cart before the horse. And you're far too shrewd to be putting carts before horses, or counting chickens before they hatch. I like you, MSSR50--the almost unbearably upbeat, unfailingly positive tone of your posts, while appearing to contain a whiff of a certain hidden PR agenda, is most entertaining for sure.

Ah, but that's just my "fabulous imagination" at work again--fabulous, yes, and, as you can see from how my prediction of your "best Stones since Bridges" quote was foretold, also containing a hint of psychic-based truth.... Hey, how do you know I'm not in the room with you right now, unseen?--I could be looking over your shoulder the very moment you are reading this, like an apparition.... BOO! GRRR!

So you are the nervous lil Barney Fife Munchkin (overhead) with the heavy feet! How can one with such little feet make so much noise? And while I have your attention: Stop wasting tax payer dollars shadowing me and catch my stalker! The one who has stolen my identity and ran my cell phone minutes way over limit last month! I know I have a big mouth, but..... Or are you the stalker? Or worse yet, my manager, (sent by Mick) to spy on me to see if I am doing my job as Secret Agent (050) for the Mighty Rolling Stones! You see, we, (you and I) are kindred spirits.

Am I an insider? I am definitely an "outsider" here at IORR. Seem to have a knack for pissing off all the "Anti-Stones" that troll about around here.

Someday, (when the Stones call it quits) I will share all of my secrets.smileys with beer

Well done, MSSR50, a great way of evading the question. Yes, a Stones Inc. insider would certainly technically be an outsider among all us outsiders, as we outsiders are surely not Stones insiders--but let's not let our logic get twisted inside-out. And may you never have occasion to share all of your secrets, as you mentioned above.smiling smiley

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: September 8, 2012 00:00

hbwriter
- this is a minor piece in the puzzle - yeah it's kind of a 'thud', esp, given how cool the bootleg stuff has been - but there is more coming - lots more - just one thing - don't anyone be *shocked* if the '13 tour is instead a '14 tour - not saying just saying

Oh dear. That sounds like a dodgy proposition.

Posted by: batcave ()
Date: September 8, 2012 01:24

According to the email I just got, there is going to be a super special deluxe edition of GRRR! released. In addition to a book, postcards, a poster, some vinyl and 4CDs with 80 songs, there will be a bonus CD included.

Any thoughts to what will be on the bonus CD?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 8, 2012 01:31

It was mentioned on the original announcement, batcave.

They didnt say a single thing about it's contents on the press release - bizarrely - which would make me think its nothing 'out of the ordinary'.

If it IS something which contains unreleased material, it would be bloody typical if the only way you could get it is by spending £100 on a boxed set full of songs you already have several times over.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: September 8, 2012 01:49

hbwriter
- this is a minor piece in the puzzle - yeah it's kind of a 'thud', esp, given how cool the bootleg stuff has been - but there is more coming - lots more - just one thing - don't anyone be *shocked* if the '13 tour is instead a '14 tour - not saying just saying

I cannot imagine any more large-scale tours. Sadly.

Date: September 8, 2012 01:54

stonesnow
stonesnow
micawber
HopeYouGuessMyName
I am alway looking forward to new songs. So here is the question. Will Universal (and/ or the Stones) be greedy and NOT allow the two songs to be purchased individually on iTunes or will they be creeps and insist that we buy a 3 cd set to pick up two singles? I am aware that I have the freedom to not purchase anything, but I do want the new songs, because as a fan - I know that I will enjoy them!

What'S your suggestion? Mine is clear. They'll suck big time.

I hear they are "killer". Best Stones since Bridges.

MSSR50, I want to thank you for being such a good sport about all my needling comments regarding your being a Stones Inc. insider/secret agent man--after all, I say such things all in the spirit of good fun. I also want to thank you for complimenting me on page 3 of the september 4..... what do you expect thread for having such a "fabulous imagination", which, as a creative poet/musician type, I certainly do. I would also like to let you in on the fact that I possess certain psychic abilities as well, because, also on page 3 of the september 4..... what do you expect thread, in my post of September 5, I accurately predicted that you would proclaim the 2 new tracks on GRRR! as "the most brilliant tracks they've recorded since Bulges To Bubble-on", and sure enough, just 38 hours later in your post in this thread on September 6, you did indeed proclaim these 2 new tracks as the "best Stones since Bridges."

So you are indeed an insider--or at least, you know someone who has heard the 2 new tracks before the general public has, because why else would you proclaim songs as "killer" before you've even heard them? That would be putting the cart before the horse. And you're far too shrewd to be putting carts before horses, or counting chickens before they hatch. I like you, MSSR50--the almost unbearably upbeat, unfailingly positive tone of your posts, while appearing to contain a whiff of a certain hidden PR agenda, is most entertaining for sure.

Ah, but that's just my "fabulous imagination" at work again--fabulous, yes, and, as you can see from how my prediction of your "best Stones since Bridges" quote was foretold, also containing a hint of psychic-based truth.... Hey, how do you know I'm not in the room with you right now, unseen?--I could be looking over your shoulder the very moment you are reading this, like an apparition.... BOO! GRRR!

So you are the nervous lil Barney Fife Munchkin (overhead) with the heavy feet! How can one with such little feet make so much noise? And while I have your attention: Stop wasting tax payer dollars shadowing me and catch my stalker! The one who has stolen my identity and ran my cell phone minutes way over limit last month! I know I have a big mouth, but..... Or are you the stalker? Or worse yet, my manager, (sent by Mick) to spy on me to see if I am doing my job as Secret Agent (050) for the Mighty Rolling Stones! You see, we, (you and I) are kindred spirits.

Am I an insider? I am definitely an "outsider" here at IORR. Seem to have a knack for pissing off all the "Anti-Stones" that troll about around here.

Someday, (when the Stones call it quits) I will share all of my secrets.smileys with beer

Well done, MSSR50, a great way of evading the question. Yes, a Stones Inc. insider would certainly technically be an outsider among all us outsiders, as we outsiders are surely not Stones insiders--but let's not let our logic get twisted inside-out. And may you never have occasion to share all of your secrets, as you mentioned above.smiling smiley

You don't need to be an "insider" (or a psychic) to understand the genius of Mick Jagger. A little experience in promotions/marketing, some knowledge of the game of chess, and "a pinch" of common sense, certainly doesn't hurt though. Not saying you are going to hit the bulls-eye every time (when anticipating the "moves" of Jagger) but you should (at least) be able to get your darts somewhere on the board. Provided you possess the before-mentioned assets, of course.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-08 01:56 by MightyStonesStillRollin50.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: September 8, 2012 02:04

shortfatfanny
just don´t get all this drama about a compilation and its cover...
i think the artwork is kind of fun - silly but fun

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: September 8, 2012 02:53

schillid
Still no better

Maybe shrinking it and turning black and white and fitting it into the Exile cover might work...?...........cool smiley

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: September 8, 2012 02:55

My 14 year-old daughter LOVES it - she thinks it's AWESOME.

GRRR!eye popping smiley

Date: September 8, 2012 02:59

Max'sKansasCity
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Think someone will make it a username?
You better hurry.

Obvious response not happening.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 8, 2012 03:02

memphiscats

GRRR!eye popping smiley
Well that settles it! IT IS AWESOME!!!

GRRR!

Date: September 8, 2012 03:03

EddieByword
schillid
Still no better

Maybe shrinking it and turning black and white and fitting it into the Exile cover might work...?...........cool smiley

I propose we name him "The Mighty GRRR"! He will dethrone King Kong!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 8, 2012 03:08

EddieByword
Maybe shrinking it and turning black and white ... might work?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-08 03:09 by schillid.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: September 8, 2012 03:14

schillid
EddieByword
Maybe shrinking it and turning black and white and fitting it into the Exile cover might work?

It would be perfect if you could see it was on Exile...........oh well, thanks for trying...............

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-08 03:21 by EddieByword.

Date: September 8, 2012 03:15

Max'sKansasCity
memphiscats

GRRR!eye popping smiley

GRRR!
GRRR, Woof, Meow...drinking smiley

Date: September 8, 2012 03:16

Max'sKansasCity
Its a mad house, Its a mad hoooooooooooouse!!!

BTW, this had me howling...too funny! smoking smiley

Date: September 8, 2012 03:16

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-08 05:15 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: September 8, 2012 03:19

memphiscats
Max'sKansasCity
memphiscats

GRRR!eye popping smiley

GRRR!
GRRR, Woof, Meow...drinking smiley
Now THAT sounds like a party!!!smileys with beer YEEHAA!!

And I am delighted I made you laugh... that was my objective smiling smiley

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: September 8, 2012 03:29

bv
Remember Keith told them to get rid of one of the recent stage decorations? He did not know anything about it until the first stadium show in Boston. Then he said get rid of it. I am pretty sure most of the band did not see the gorilla thing, well may be Charlie and may be even Mick, but not Keith. And the tongue is so classic 1971 I can't believe it.

I'm probably a day late and a dollar short posting this today but that was exactly my thought when I first saw that horrid gorilla. Keith hated the corn stuff for the Licks tour (if I remember correctly) and whoosh, it was gone forever!

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Date: September 8, 2012 03:32

bv
...the tongue is so classic 1971 I can't believe it.

It is? It looks nothing like it:

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: September 8, 2012 03:53

shortfatfanny
NICOS
Ok most of you don't like the title ....any idea..................

50 Dicks and still no Satisfaction

but what about the 80 dicks then ?

Well, but how many dicks can one handle at a time? winking smiley

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: September 8, 2012 05:19

souldoggie
Love the cover art, love the title. Love the names of the two new songs, too, I hope they kick ass.
Looking forward to seeing these guys a couple of more times.

It might not be the Cover/Title I would have chosen, but it kind of fits the longer I look at it. Think of some of the other covers and titles of some Stones compilations in the past, I think it's sort of in line with those.

Metamorphosis

Made In The Shade

etc...

It's still better than Jump Back, one of the ugliest album covers in my opinion...

I don't know what the hell this Grrr thing is supposed to be alluding to, other than the song Monkey Man, or growling guitars, but I don't find it THAT bad. Confusing maybe, but not a travesty.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: September 8, 2012 05:56

You can't blame the Stones for that hideous METAMORPHOSIS cover, they had no say in that.

Date: September 8, 2012 06:03

Glam Descendant
You can't blame the Stones for that hideous METAMORPHOSIS cover, they had no say in that.

Well, my point wasn't to point blame, just stating my opinion that in hindsight I don't think this is really the worst or strangest compilation album cover, regardless of who designed it.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: September 8, 2012 06:05

>I don't think this is really the worst or strangest compilation album cover, regardless of who designed it.

Oh certainly, it's a huge improvement over just about any Decca compilation from the 70s.

Date: September 8, 2012 06:10

Glam Descendant
>I don't think this is really the worst or strangest compilation album cover, regardless of who designed it.

Oh certainly, it's a huge improvement over just about any Decca compilation from the 70s.

Yeah, except for Hot Rocks, or even More Hot Rocks. No Stone Unturned isn't half bad either. But for the most part they all look pretty strange. Especially Rolled Gold, Solid Rock, etc.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 60

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2219
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home