Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 60
Re: GRRR! The Rolling Stones
Posted by: claudine ()
Date: September 5, 2012 21:50

Massimo68
Bricklayer
Ok, let me start with the disclaimer. I am a huge Stones fan (why else would I be on this site), I own all of their official releases, many of their unofficial releases, I have seen them numerous times, and I play guitar in a band that covers Rolling Stones songs (and others).

If GRRR! is a joke I will laugh my ass off, unfortunately I highly doubt that it is. What it is is another lame attempt by a once great band to wrest $ from my wallet. Let's count them off:

Big Hits (High Tide & Green Grass) - 1966
Big Hits Vol. II (Through The Past Darkly) - 1969
Hot Rocks - 1972
More Hot Rocks -1972
Made In The Shade - 1975
Rewind - 1984
Jump Back - 1993
40 Licks - 2002

I know they're "the greatest rock 'n' roll band in the world", but 8 greatest hits albums (granted both Hot Rocks were released by ABKCO after the split), soon to be 9 if this is real? What about cracking open the vaults on all the unreleased material? If you're going to f*#k me at least kiss me!

You missed another one :
Sucking in the Seventies - 1981

Rolled Gold
Singles Collection: The London Years

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: September 5, 2012 21:57

Max'sKansasCity
I'll tell them what they should do....

Any fking thing they want to do...

And if I like it... then I'll buy it, if not... then I wont.
But one thing I guarantee I wont be doing is bitching and whining about it.

No, you will just bitch and whine (repeatedly) about all the bitching and whineing. And guess what: It's just as tiresome!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-05 21:58 by 71Tele.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 5, 2012 22:00

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

No, you will just bitch and whine (repeatedly) about all the bitching and whineing. And guess what: It's just as tiresome!
yawn

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: September 5, 2012 22:01

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

yawn

You seem to yawn a lot. Maybe get some sleep.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: September 5, 2012 22:04

because of all the complaints, mick and keith have decided to burn a personalized mix tape of stones tracks for every person who sends in fifteen bucks.

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: September 5, 2012 22:04

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

yawn

maybe he's as bored with himself as we are....

Date: September 5, 2012 22:06

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: September 5, 2012 22:08

Max'sKansasCity
Yeah... I wasnt sure, but I thought you would probably be "one of those types" who get all emotional and personal and starts calling people names.... and then tells them what to do... oh well.

You made me cry you mofo, go stick a black and decker hedge-trimmer up your youtube.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: September 5, 2012 22:10

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

yawn

It must suck getting called out in front of everyone and having nothing to say in response but "yawn".

Date: September 5, 2012 22:12

not really gumbootboot... but thanks for your concern.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: September 5, 2012 22:19

smileys with beer

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: September 5, 2012 22:24

[/quote]

The Exile and Some Girls outtakes where just for us.
This one is not.
By the way, my teenage daughter likes the cover.
Hope we all like the 2 new songs.[/quote]

My teenage daughter wants this cover on a tee-shirt asap...this is target audience for this one, folks....

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: September 5, 2012 22:24

Gazza
georgie48
Only two days and already 20 pages full of reactions on THE news ... Yes, they did it again! Good or bad ... the world knows we're still around.
Even on the "teletekst" it was announced that the Stones were going to release a "greatest hits" album. I can't recall this to have ever happened before ... it's only a(nother) "greatest hits" collection for goodness sake.
Love your Stones for what they are: UNIQUE and a precious gift to the real fan!

Yeah the blimp ride, press conference televised worldwide by satellite and simultaneous announcement of Forty Licks got NO media coverage at all!

Sorry Gazza, I meant the "teletekst" announcement. The Forty Licks "greatest hits" was not the reason to use the blimp. It was (I was there) to announce a new world tour and the Forty Licks release just profited from it. No one was impressed by that "greatest hits" double album either.
The Licks tour was great, to say the least, and the 2005 A Bigger Bang album is a joy to listen to.
You know, just as well as I do, that there is more to come out of Alladin's lamp.

Date: September 5, 2012 22:29

I am alway looking forward to new songs. So here is the question. Will Universal (and/ or the Stones) be greedy and NOT allow the two songs to be purchased individually on iTunes or will they be creeps and insist that we buy a 3 cd set to pick up two singles? I am aware that I have the freedom to not purchase anything, but I do want the new songs, because as a fan - I know that I will enjoy them!

Date: September 5, 2012 22:30

cowboytoast
CousinC
Really can't believe some of the comments I'm reading here. Are here adults posting? Some act like spoilt, disappointed children.
Really what did you expect from a group of 70 year old men?

It should be clear that there has to be a new compilation this year for the people.
I mean the hard-cores get/got some nice stuff as well.
And the cover/title is not so bad - in the style of Made in the Shade,etc.
So really . .

i am honestly perplexed as to the people on here who are defending their laziness and apathy...

if you guys want to be fools and line their pockets for retread crap then that's your problem...you are probably diehard compilation fans anyway...

but for the most part...the people on here complaining are the ones who are on here all the time through the years when NOTHING is going on and who are loyal to these lazy bastards through thick and thin...even when that drunk fell out of the tree...

granted...they don't owe anyone anything...but on the other hand they shouldn't act like they are going to deliver something of relevance and then do not...or can't get it hard...tiny todger or not...

yeah great they put out archive releases... BUT we all had that stuff...albiet it in not as good quality...but chances are they probably got a lick off of the old boots we bought anyway...so it's just more money...

AGE IS NOT A FACTOR IN THIS....

there are tons of guys and bands from their generation that still play on a regular basis and make LP's and everything...hell like i said earlier...Ian Hunter put out a new LP yesterday...he is 73...and all he talks about is still trying to be relevant and not going out and going through the motions...because it still means something to him

this is plain and simple apathy...and being lazy...and riding the wave...and not caring about their fanbase...

I sense a lot of frustration here. About all I can tell you (here I go repeating myself again) is to try and view this 50th anniversary year as you would view one of their concerts. Would you judge a concert by what took place in the first fifteen to twenty minutes? Of course not. We still have over 10 months to go and maybe even beyond. The compilation is just a small part of what is to come. October looms large with the release of the documentary and another red carpet appearance. The live shows are so secretive that they rival a Navy Seals operation. But yet there have been leaks. Are these leaks a diversion or legitimate? Only time will tell, but you can rest assured live shows are on the horizon. You should get a new album sometime in 2013 followed by some form of tour. When it is all said and done, I think you will be more than satisfied. At least I hope so.

PS: I hear the two new songs on the compilation are "killer".

palerider22

This one is not.
Hope we all like the 2 new songs.

My teenage daughter wants this cover on a tee-shirt asap...this is target audience for this one, folks....

Well... maybe ole Mick is as smart as we (some of us) give him credit for... if/when groups attract the teenage girls (and their never ending flow of Mom and Dad's money) then they hit the jack pot... and The Stones probably wont do that by putting their faces on the cover.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()

The 2 songs will be easily found elsewhere allowing the user to avoid the new CDs completely....

Date: September 5, 2012 22:41

Max'sKansasCity
palerider22

This one is not.

Well... maybe ole Mick is as smart as we (some of us) give him credit for... if/when groups attract the teenage girls (and their never ending flow of Mom and Dad's money) then they hit the jack pot... and The Stones probably wont do that by putting their faces on the cover.

Absolutely! You can bet that this was looked at from every possible angle. Pure marketing genius. A slick way to win over a whole new generation to the Mighty Stones. My 11 year old niece wants one too!

Posted by: R ()
Date: September 5, 2012 22:44

Rocknroll1969
Rolled Gold is another Greatest hits CD

And the cheesy, crap-ola airbrushed cover of ROLLED GOLD is infinitely worse than GRRR! The gorilla is funny. I'm entertained by the cover alone. Mission accomplished before the shrinkwrap comes off.

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: September 5, 2012 22:46

Max'sKansasCity
palerider22

This one is not.

It's the "'Angry Birds' t-shirts tey all have been getting....except this one 'GRRR" would be very cool, apparently.

Look, I'm an old fart parent and I didn't care much for the cover at first but it's exactly the kind of thing that will attract a younger audience. This is what this release is about and I think that's great. We have had our fill of amazing releases the last couple of years...and we'll surely get more in the future. It's already been said...this release isn't for us....and there is nothing wrong with that. From a teenagers eyes...the cover...it's COOL!

Date: September 5, 2012 22:56

palerider22
Max'sKansasCity
palerider22

This one is not.

It's the "'Angry Birds' t-shirts tey all have been getting....except this one 'GRRR" would be very cool, apparently.

Look, I'm an old fart parent and I didn't care much for the cover at first but it's exactly the kind of thing that will attract a younger audience. This is what this release is about and I think that's great. We have had our fill of amazing releases the last couple of years...and we'll surely get more in the future. It's already been said...this release isn't for us....and there is nothing wrong with that. From a teenagers eyes...the cover...it's COOL!

You are making Mick smile smiling smiley and if/when Mick is happy... everyone is happy.

Date: September 5, 2012 22:59

Max'sKansasCity
ze]You are making Mick smile smiling smiley and if/when Mick is happy... everyone is happy.

WTF?

Date: September 5, 2012 23:02

GravityBoy
Max'sKansasCity
ze]You are making Mick smile smiling smiley and if/when Mick is happy... everyone is happy.

GRRR!

FTFY winking smiley

Date: September 5, 2012 23:04

Excellent adjustment.

Date: September 5, 2012 23:05

This GRRR! thing is going to be as much fun as "The Blade"

Date: September 5, 2012 23:06

MightyStonesStillRollin50
Max'sKansasCity
palerider22

This one is not.

Absolutely! You can bet that this was looked at from every possible angle. Pure marketing genius. A slick way to win over a whole new generation to the Mighty Stones. My 11 year old niece wants one too!

Not to mention the subliminal aspect of the King Kong like gorilla. King Kong rules the jungle. The Stones rule the jungle of rock 'n roll. Brilliant!

Posted by: SpanishStone ()
Date: September 5, 2012 23:07

claudine

[www.rollingstones.com]

Horrible cover

[www.stonescovers.com]
@Stones_Covers
[www.facebook.com]

Date: September 5, 2012 23:10

Max'sKansasCity
palerider22

This one is not.

Not to mention the subliminal aspect of the King Kong like gorilla. King Kong rules the jungle. The Stones rule the jungle of rock 'n roll. Brilliant!
But ...But..... Just look at that bad Gorilla!!!! I wouldnt want that frisky monkey looking at my teenage daughters with those lustful eyes... Heavens-to-Betsy, just look at his eyes!!! He only wants one thing.... and look at that tongue!!... AND THOSE TEETH!! (They are like a "Twilight" vampires teeth!!).... Young girls must stay away from that bad Gorilla... He is forbidden... tell them.... "you will NOT have anything to do with that bad Gorilla!!"

cha ching... cha ching... cha ching... cha ching!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-05 23:13 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: September 5, 2012 23:33

Max'sKansasCity
Max'sKansasCity
palerider22

This one is not.

But ...But..... Just look at that bad Gorilla!!!! I wouldnt want that frisky monkey looking at my teenage daughters with those lustful eyes... Heavens-to-Betsy, just look at his eyes!!! He only wants one thing.... and look at that tongue!!... AND THOSE TEETH!! (They are like a "Twilight" vampires teeth!!).... Young girls must stay away from that bad Gorilla... He is forbidden... tell them.... "you will NOT have anything to do with that bad Gorilla!!"

cha ching... cha ching... cha ching... cha ching!!!

Must be Mick in that gorilla suit! That wicked tongue looks familiar, does it not?

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: September 5, 2012 23:36

the Gorilla is a sissy...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 60

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1396
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home