Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 60
Re: GRRR! The Rolling Stones
Posted by: DiscoVolante ()
Date: September 5, 2012 13:58

More Hot Rocks
Nothing was worst than the cherry picker and the dancing women from 1981. Why would they do that to themselves? Why did they record ER? and Undercover? No that's some sad times. What if they came out with a cover like SW again?
Steel Wheels appears as a masterpiece in artwork design compared to this GRRR! one and the title makes sense. I'd find the gorilla miserably ugly and awful even if it was just fanart but I can't believe that this is an official product. I don't know whether to cry or laugh about it.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: September 5, 2012 13:59

It`s just so ridicilous, so ridicilous...

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: September 5, 2012 14:05

It's more a boot artwork!

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: September 5, 2012 14:22

Glam Descendant
tatters
I want to see them cover a Bob Marley song. I think it would be fun to see the richest band in the world exhorting all the millionaires in the audience to stand up for they rights!

Ask and ye shall receive:

Yeah, I know. They played it a couple times and then quickly dropped it from the setlist, perhaps realizing the sheer ridiculousness of it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-05 15:11 by tatters.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: September 5, 2012 14:31

DiscoVolante
I'm just waiting for them to reveal that all was just a joke, to scare us, and drop a stunning creative artwork. Is it for real? A gorilla and GRRR!? Why would they do that to themselves?

I can't undertand it either; yesterday seemed so surreal to me with the horrendous choice of cover art and awful title, I just can't believe this is the Rolling Stones.

IF it's marketed towards a younger demographic, it doesn't make sense it would be a 50-track multi-CD package which will have a high cost. 50 or 80 tracks doesn not in any way feel geared towards new fans, it feels like a proper retrospective for real fans which would include rarities, outtakes..etc.

I cannot understand why they went with a moronic title like "Grrr" which will generate laughs in the media and not the respect a 50 year compilation would deserve.

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: September 5, 2012 14:33

Die Stones machen sich endgültig zum Affen...

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: September 5, 2012 14:35

I understand they argued for hours about exactly how many r's there should be in Grrr.

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: September 5, 2012 14:49

I double checked my calendar to make sure it wasn't April Fool's Day when I read this. This has to be a joke. "Grrr"? WTF is that?

2 songs? Deadset. They had better be teasers for a forthcoming full album.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 5, 2012 14:59

I love everyone going APE over the gorilla....love the re interpretation of the lips and tongue on the silver back...I'd love that silkscreen!...signed preferrably.

Posted by: R ()
Date: September 5, 2012 14:59

I think Jagger has long despised his audience because he feels they trapped him in his '60s-'70s rock star personae and that's why his movies and solo work flop so badly. His only motivation for maintaining the Stones is obviously to keep coming back for more and more money not to create music. Now, the ultimate act of passive aggression, this cynical hits collection packaged and presented in such a way as to incur this very international gnashing of teeth.

Mick hates us.

Posted by: René ()
Date: September 5, 2012 15:09

Must be something like this:

1. Come On
2. I Wanna Be Your Man
3. Not Fade Away
4. It's All Over Now
5. Time Is On My Side
6. Little Red Rooster
7. Heart Of Stone
8. The Last Time
9. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
10. Get Off Of My Cloud
11. 19th Nervous Breakdown
12. Paint It Black
13. Mother's Little Helper
14. Under My Thumb
15. Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby, Standing In The Shadow?
26. Let's Spend the Night Together
17. Ruby Tuesday
18. We Love You
19. She's A Rainbow
20. Jumping Jack Flash
21. Street Fighting Man
22. Sympathy For The Devil
23. You Can't Always Get What You Want
24. Honky Tonk Women
25. Gimme Shelter
26. Brown Sugar
27. Wild Horses
28. Tumbling Dice
29. Happy
30. Angie
31. It's Only Rock 'n' Roll
32. Fool To Cry
33. Hot Stuff
34. Miss You
35. Beast Of Burden
36. Shattered
37. Emotional Rescue
38. Start Me Up
39. Waiting On A Friend
40. Undercover Of The Night
41. Harlem Shuffle
42. Mixed Emotions
43. Almost Hear You Sigh
44. Highwire
45. Love Is Strong
46. Anybody Seen My Baby?
47. Don't Stop
48. Streets Of Love
49. Gloom And Doom
50. One Last Shot

René

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: September 5, 2012 15:15

I feel like the kid in the movie Christmas story when he finally decodes the message ...and it says something to the effect of buy more ovalitine.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 5, 2012 15:18

OneHit
I double checked my calendar to make sure it wasn't April Fool's Day when I read this. This has to be a joke. "Grrr"? WTF is that?

Considering they were all of about four days in the studio, thats highly doubtful.

THIS is the product that they'll tour behind. Its inconceivable that in the middle of this 50th anniversary activity, which will hopefully include some shows next year that they'll go in and make a full length record - which then wouldnt be released until after the tour is over and which then WONT be 'promoted' by way of concerts.

It would be totally pointless at this stage for them to make a record if they werent then going to try and promote it with shows.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: September 5, 2012 15:27

They could record a new studio album from now to next spring...If they want!

P.S.But the real problem is that they don't want it...It's all over now...One last shot!

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: September 5, 2012 15:30

Gazza
OneHit

Considering they were all of about four days in the studio, thats highly doubtful.

THIS is the product that they'll tour behind. Its inconceivable that in the middle of this 50th anniversary activity, which will hopefully include some shows next year that they'll go in and make a full length record - which then wouldnt be released until after the tour is over and which then WONT be 'promoted' by way of concerts.

It would be totally pointless at this stage for them to make a record if they werent then going to try and promote it with shows.

Indeed...this is EXACTLY my take on it too...and unfortunately...as we have heard from countless tapes of them working in the studio...they need more than a couple of days to come up with the goods...my guess is that Mick brought in one and Keith brought in one and they hashed it out...then Ronnie did a slide solo and smiled a lot and Keith did his solo that he's been doing for nye on 15 years...blah

also...the people that are saying..."well i will forgive them if they include such and such song on the compilation' are fools...

i'm not forgiving them for anything...much less trying to get me to shell out money again for Brown Sugar or Come On or Stray Cat Blues or Monkey Man etc etc et al....HOW MANY TIMES CAN THEY KEEP REPACKAGING THE SAME CRAP OVER AND OVER??..

and those monkeys on the cover of Monkey Grip are cooler looking than that dumb gorilla...

man i keep hoping everytime that they will pull a rabbit out of the hat...but they never do...

i can't wait for the BluRay version of Freejack...

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: September 5, 2012 15:38

cowboytoast
Indeed...this is EXACTLY my take on it too...and unfortunately...as we have heard from countless tapes of them working in the studio...they need more than a couple of days to come up with the goods...my guess is that Mick brought in one and Keith brought in one and they hashed it out...then Ronnie did a slide solo and smiled a lot and Keith did his solo that he's been doing for nye on 15 years...blah

I totally agree.

They were not in the studio long enough to do anything more than this.

I expect one song to sound like Rough Justice (Mick on basic rhythmn guitar, Ronnie slide and Charlie phoning in a four to the floor).

The other will be a Keith ballad (with Ronnie on slide).

Posted by: Raluca ()
Date: September 5, 2012 15:41

I don´t need another Keith-Ballad. They are awful. Like "How Can I Stop" or "Loosing My Touch".
Greetings Raluca

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: September 5, 2012 15:41

I was happy for them to release a new compilation, if it included the omitted,essential tracks that licks criminally omitted ;Come On ,I Wanna Be Your Man,Little Red Rooster, even Plundered, but to have them wrapped in this abomination of a sleeve is an insult to Berry,Lennon/McCartney,Willie Dixon and the Stones themselves.

I thought I'd check in today to find it was all a joke, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

STONES PLEASE RECONSIDER .NO ONE WILL BUY IT ! I bet they will have to have a 50 greatest hits sticker over the "artwork". GRRR = WTF !

It's that bad ,I bet Gazza would rather walk into HMV and ask for............ "Slippery When Wet"

sc uk

Posted by: LeedsLungs71 ()
Date: September 5, 2012 15:48

Is this a joke? A 50th anniversary joke? Is is April Fools Day in September?

You gotta be shittin'me.....a gorilla greateast hits in 2012? This is what the fans have to shell out money for? Arrrggghhhhhh is the better name for it!

Date: September 5, 2012 15:50

René
Must be something like this:

1. Come On
2. I Wanna Be Your Man
3. Not Fade Away
4. It's All Over Now
5. Time Is On My Side
6. Little Red Rooster
7. Heart Of Stone
8. The Last Time
9. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
10. Get Off Of My Cloud
11. 19th Nervous Breakdown
12. Paint It Black
13. Mother's Little Helper
14. Under My Thumb
15. Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby, Standing In The Shadow?
26. Let's Spend the Night Together
17. Ruby Tuesday
18. We Love You
19. She's A Rainbow
20. Jumping Jack Flash
21. Street Fighting Man
22. Sympathy For The Devil
23. You Can't Always Get What You Want
24. Honky Tonk Women
25. Gimme Shelter
26. Brown Sugar
27. Wild Horses
28. Tumbling Dice
29. Happy
30. Angie
31. It's Only Rock 'n' Roll
32. Fool To Cry
33. Hot Stuff
34. Miss You
35. Beast Of Burden
36. Shattered
37. Emotional Rescue
38. Start Me Up
39. Waiting On A Friend
40. Undercover Of The Night
41. Harlem Shuffle
42. Mixed Emotions
43. Almost Hear You Sigh
44. Highwire
45. Love Is Strong
46. Anybody Seen My Baby?
47. Don't Stop
48. Streets Of Love
49. Gloom And Doom
50. One Last Shot

René

The only one that will be different is that "All Down The Line" will probably be on there....not the flop known as "Highwire"

Posted by: Tricky76 ()
Date: September 5, 2012 15:54

Yep this is a low - it's like going to McDonalds for your 50th Wedding Anniversary. Still its an adequate reflection of their attitude for the past 30 years.

The Stones are dead, long live the Stones.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 5, 2012 15:57

DiscoVolante
I'm just waiting for them to reveal that all was just a joke, to scare us, and drop a stunning creative artwork. Is it for real? A gorilla and GRRR!? Why would they do that to themselves?

I saw the tweet announcing it, with the cover and title and that was my first reaction as well...thought it was a joke.

Date: September 5, 2012 16:02

and of course kd lang will be happy if 'anybody seen my baby' makes the cut!

more royalties for kd.....

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: September 5, 2012 16:02

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 5, 2012 16:08

R
I think Jagger has long despised his audience because he feels they trapped him in his '60s-'70s rock star personae and that's why his movies and solo work flop so badly. His only motivation for maintaining the Stones is obviously to keep coming back for more and more money not to create music. Now, the ultimate act of passive aggression, this cynical hits collection packaged and presented in such a way as to incur this very international gnashing of teeth.

Mick hates us.

Grrr....Mick hates the Stones too

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: September 5, 2012 16:19

i feel like that damn Gorilla is mocking me..."TAKE THIS SUCKERS!!"

man they must really hate each others guts...

not to beat a dead horse....but i was sorta surprised when i read that part in "Life" where they were starting to record "Voodoo Lounge" and Mick and Keith got into it....yelling at each other about stuff that happened 15 years prior...

that whole thing they were saying when "Steel Wheels" came out about how they got together and argued for a bit and then started laughing must've been a lie...because obviously they are still fuming...

they must not be able to stand being in the room together anymore...

Date: September 5, 2012 16:27

cowboytoast

not to beat a dead horse....but i was sorta surprised when i read that part in "Life" where they were starting to record "Voodoo Lounge" and Mick and Keith got into it....yelling at each other about stuff that happened 15 years prior...

that whole thing they were saying when "Steel Wheels" came out about how they got together and argued for a bit and then started laughing must've been a lie...because obviously they are still fuming...

Not dealing with these things directly has indirect consequences. GRRR!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 5, 2012 16:30

treaclefingers
cowboytoast

You're gonna run out of RRRRRs. You better make that you're signature for the sake of safety

Date: September 5, 2012 16:40

Munichhilton
treaclefingers
cowboytoast

You're gonna run out of RRRRRs. You better make that you're signature for the sake of safety

I've got a whole passel of 'em...I'm good to go!

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: September 5, 2012 16:45

Another greatest hits "package" doesn't do much for me, but I get the reasoning behind it.

I kinda dig the cover art.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 60

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1355
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home