Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 60
Re: GRRR! The Rolling Stones
Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: September 5, 2012 08:15

RGS Entertainment, Release date: October 23, Price: $10.15USD

Given that the GRRRilla concept is so stunningly mediocre and uninventive [and that the 2 new songs will be up on Youtube almost immediately], not only will I pass on this Grrrating Greatest Hits comp, but I'm also frankly less than enthused about the Crossfire Hurricane doc premiering on Home Box Orifice in November. They're just going to skip controversy and water down their story to make themselves look heroic. We won't learn anything new. on the other hand, that unauthorized release coming up next month [pictured above] looks very tasty indeed, as well as reasonably priced. Sometimes unauthorized is the way to go--perhaps I'll post a review next month.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: September 5, 2012 08:17

>Sometimes unauthorized is the way to go--

Except that means no Stones music will be included.

Date: September 5, 2012 08:22

Embarrassing and disappointing!!

What a silly title and bad coverart decision. Cannot believe they let this go out. I mean Charlie, Ronnie, Keith are connected with artwork....

Don´t think it will sell well. 40 Licks was more than enough. Nobody really needs it!
I appreciate the two new songs, but it´s a rip off for the fans and people that are slightly interested in the stones already got their greatest hits albums and anyway think that their best days are gone.

Oh my god - I feel ashamed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-05 08:24 by ThroughTheLonelyNights.

Date: September 5, 2012 08:26

Glam Descendant
>Sometimes unauthorized is the way to go--

Except that means no Stones music will be included.

Rare footage and story flow are what makes a DVD doc like this worthwhile--besides, I can listen to their music any time. That's what the albums/CDs are for after all.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: September 5, 2012 09:08

If this is what they chose, I'd REALLY love to see the ones that didn't make the cut....

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: September 5, 2012 09:14

Jah Paul

"This is the final chapter about the world's greatest rock 'n' roll band, Koko...see that CD cover, it looks like you!"

Some people have too much time on their hands to seek out these glorious photos!

SonicD

Posted by: jiggysawdust ()
Date: September 5, 2012 09:21

4 disc version is only £151.62 at Amazon UK: [www.amazon.co.uk]

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: September 5, 2012 09:26

It occurred to me about the title, maybe they liked the idea of people goin in to a music emporium (I mean the 20 people in the world who still go into music emporiums), and trying to pronounce the title, kinda dark humour.

SonicD

Posted by: mrfancyman ()
Date: September 5, 2012 09:26

Sam Spade
That album cover actually makes Dirty Work and Steel Wheels look good.

thumbs up

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: September 5, 2012 09:28

Buying a single for the price of a tripple CD? No, thank you.

Sure, this product is mainly directed towards the "young" audience and there is nothing wrong with promoting and selling someones work, but let's face it, it won't become any major hit among teenagers.

I think that at this stage of their carreer and especially right now they should really focus on their long-time fans, some of them hve been with them for many dacades. This release doesn't have any value for them (us).

Yes, there have been a lot of nice releases recently - the Exile and SG bonusses. Great, but sort of "half-new". The bootleg releases - very nice, but the way they were released? Very cheap. It would make a huge difference (to me) if they were treated as regular releases - CDs, maybe even deluxe editions. I know, I know, there will be the Brussels deluxe, but I haven't done a bank robbery so far... And now we have this new "regular" product and it is beyond lame.

Lets hope that other things will come, but...the 4 shows? With tickets for hundreds and hundreds of dollars? Is that something for the long-time fans? Is an average Stones' fan a corporate lawyer who doesn't know what to do with his money? I know, it hasn't been announed yet, so I will wait, but right now I don't believe I will have another chance to see The Rolling Stones live. Sad, but I am happy I had that chance befeore.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-05 09:30 by Happy24.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: September 5, 2012 09:36

freddyscholtz
2010: Exile Deluxe + Stones in Exile + L&G

2011: Some Girls Deluxe + Live in Texas + Brussels

2012: Hampton + LA Friday + Tokyo + M.Waters show Dvd + TWO NEW SONGS

Bonus Track: Watching the river flow

and also that singles collection...

NOT TOO BAD I THINK...DON´T UNDERSTAND ALL THE COMPLAINTS REALLY

I BET THE NEW ALBUM COMES NEXT YEAR...

except for the new album, your comment´s one of those i can take serious. all the other internet clowns are just complainig before they have to do the wash up at home...

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: September 5, 2012 09:41

MightyStonesStillRollin50
Tallpaul
Yet again the Stones promise so much and deliver so little
I'll still buy it, cause I'm a sucker
Quite sad really

Did they deliver with the Exile and Some Girls bonus tracks? I can't get enough of them.

This is nearly no creative output, as most of the actual band weren't part of it. They had 5 years to preparate the 50th, but they only cared about tiny todgers and how to rip us off the best way in the meantime.

Sad sad sad.

Date: September 5, 2012 09:45

MightyStonesStillRollin50
lem motlow
there are some people that will like anything the stones do,or at least pretend that they do-i'm not one of them.

if this actually is the title,cover and record they're putting out they should be ashamed of themselves.

1.the title is idiotic,lazy,doesnt sound right and is just plain stupid.
2.there should be no "50 licks" its a rip-off and an insult to the fans who have stuck with them.if they have a couple of new songs that will just make it worse.micks lame mid-tempo rocker from last time was just half hearted and horrible only to be outdone by keiths latest sleeping pill replacement of a "ballad".
3.are we not supposed to notice they made one friggin record since "40 licks"?
and that one record bombed.
4.the cover sucks-its one of those "renowned artists " right? oh,i like it then.get real,this is like one of those guys that smear shit on a canvas and tell us its art.a child couldve drawn this thing.

i never thought i'd say this but-if this is all you got you're just not trying anymore guys,go home to your families and live out the rest of your years in retirement.

Well, this isn't all they've got. They are simply not done yet. Like I said, try and view the next ten months or so like one of their concerts. The show has just begun. Would you go to a concert and judge it by what took place in the first fifteen to twenty minutes? Of course not. If I was Mick I would be insulted by some of the remarks I have heard here today. Fortunately, he has much thicker skin than I do. Have a little faith. Mick isn't going to blow the ending to the Rolling Stones career anymore than he would blow the ending to one of their concerts.

Sorry, he already has for years.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: September 5, 2012 09:48

Great cover, cool idea, love it ..........

Date: September 5, 2012 09:50

This is the start of a campaign, guys. Expect much more to come.

I see nothing wrong with paying 15 £ for the compilation with the two new tracks.

Still, the concept and the artwork is even more distasteful than B2B (and that says a lot!).

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: September 5, 2012 10:06

muenke
Great cover, cool idea, love it ..........

..so does Stevie Wonder...

Date: September 5, 2012 10:10

MightyStonesStillRolling50, are you listening? Good, then that means Mick is, too! So, there's still a chance to change the cover art/title concept before the release date. New title: 50 Monkeys To A Man, which is perfect! It references the number of tracks and the anniversary year, plus one of the great tracks from their classic era. Instead of the goofy-looking, vaguely reptilian gorilla, just put a monkey's head on the cover--but make it a hologram, so that when you turn the album/CD this way and that you see various monkeyfied busts of different Stones (hell, yeah, including Brian, Ian, Mick T, and Bill, since it is covering their full recording history). What do you think, MSSR50--or more to the point, what does Mick think? I suggest you get on the speed dial and run this past Mick in a hurry. Don't worry, I won't need any credit or royalties for my concept. All rights and permissions are theirs. Now, hurry, time's a wastin'--it won't wait for no one, y' know...

Date: September 5, 2012 10:20

Max'sKansasCity
Bridges to Babylon was a great album cover.... come on man.

This (one) time I totally agree.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: September 5, 2012 10:22

You know what, I've let it soak in and.... and this might sound weird... I think this would be a GREAT (yes that's GREAT) cover for an new original Rolling Stones album.

It ticks lots of boxes for the Stones... it's artistically vulgar and artistically offensive.. and the title stands out.

I'm not happy with the greatest hits context though.

And I'm predicting that the 2 new tracks created after just a few days in the studio are not going to be the greatest thing they ever did.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: September 5, 2012 10:25

Dear MightyStonesStillRollin50,

You posted this or something similar about 50 times in this thread...

"There will be a new album in 2013"

What is your evidence for this?

I don't see it happening myself - I think the band are in "get it over with" mode.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-05 10:27 by GravityBoy.

Date: September 5, 2012 10:26

Title5Take1
This 2009 album had the same title:

But its got much better artwork...

Date: September 5, 2012 10:29

DiscoVolante
More gorilla paintings from the artist Walton Ford

Ape shit.

Date: September 5, 2012 10:33

Max'sKansasCity
I'd like to hear Mick, Keith or Charlie describe why it was chosen...maybe there is some specific motive?

For once I am VERY interested in reading the next interview with Mick and what was going through his head over the las 8 months, about a lot of things. I wont be judging him, I am just curious.... and this cover is just one thing I am cuirous about.

I like the Gorilla... he is all right with me.

He'll never tell anybody the truth about all that!

Date: September 5, 2012 10:35

llongdong
Sad to see them go out this way. An "announcement" of an official retirement would have been more respectful. But, of course I will buy it. I think it'll make the 8th album I have to feature the original studio versions of "Brown Sugar" and "Jumping Jack Flash".

But this time with a lousy mastering, compressed to death for sure,

Posted by: DeeGee ()
Date: September 5, 2012 10:54

This is the most incredible peace of Sh*t that I've seen in my entire life.

This is so bloody awkward thumbs down
Dunno what to say.
It took them a week to record/produce two tracks ? C'mon guys!

I guess the "pro days" are over.

Let'S put it in Keith' terms:
"It's another goodbuy to another good friend" or in this case: BAND !

Trust a pro !

Date: September 5, 2012 10:59

This is a "money grab".

Date: September 5, 2012 11:00

And Betty Boo to you, too! GRRR! indeed.

Date: September 5, 2012 11:02

Grrr, said Hugh Masekela in 2003...

Date: September 5, 2012 11:03

It does start to GRRRate on you after a while, doesn't it?

Date: September 5, 2012 11:05

And would you believe a group called Grrr!?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 60

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2844
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home