Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 49
Re: Billboard: Rolling Stones To Play London, Brooklyn In November
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 1, 2012 01:08

The Stones will play live again
YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: September 1, 2012 01:13

carlostones10
I live so far. It´s all so expensive and difficult for me. But we are talking about the Stones. So, I will try all. It´s my old dream to see the boys in London.
Maybe my last chance. I will try to buy7 tickets and to see the two concerts.

Just tell Richard you need a ride, he'll pick you up in his jet. Hey, its the least he can do for people shelling out for two concerts. drinking smiley

Hope you can make it!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 1, 2012 03:02

stonesnow
Max'sKansasCity
Someone said they are going to pick 50-100 people who regularly post to IORR and sell them tickets for 50 bucks each.... just to be able to say they did.

Who is this "someone"--MightyRollingStonesStill50, or someone?

In fairness, its like something the Stones could come up with.

Tell someone theyve won a competition - and then charge them $50 for doing so.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 1, 2012 03:06

Gazza
stonesnow
Max'sKansasCity
Someone said they are going to pick 50-100 people who regularly post to IORR and sell them tickets for 50 bucks each.... just to be able to say they did.

The sad/funny thing is, no one would complain, $50 would be a real barain to see the band.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: September 1, 2012 03:08

latebloomer
Gazza
stonesnow
Max'sKansasCity

The sad/funny thing is, no one would complain, $50 would be a real barain to see the band.

I sure wouldn't complain, were it only really true. For a bargain like that you could proudly proclaim that it pays to be a regular poster on IORR.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 1, 2012 03:17

stonesnow
latebloomer
Gazza
stonesnow
Max'sKansasCity

I sure wouldn't complain, were it only really true. For a bargain like that you could proudly proclaim that it pays to be a regular poster on IORR.

Yeah, I can just everyone tripping over themselves to see who could post the most and get a $50 ticket. Poor bv, it would probably crash the whole site. grinning smiley

Posted by: Thomas ()
Date: September 1, 2012 03:28

Hey, so we'll all have to be come down... Let's see what really will happening. Maybe only 4 shows, maybe more.. It seams to me, they are still alive... Rock'n'Roll winking smiley))

Date: September 1, 2012 03:39

Just stop it already...

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: September 1, 2012 04:48

Title5Take1
Max'sKansasCity
Stoneage
Come on, this is a hoax. Let's go back to the Ted Nugent thread. What's Nuggie up to now?
He is in Tampa... or just got back from.

Nugent is probably preparing for his charity camp that starts up soon, that he started for kids to enjoy the outdoors. Funny to read certain criticisms of Tampa, though. They remind me of Robert Caro's LBJ biography (vol. 3) where a staffer said, "Lyndon Johnson liked Hubert Humphrey. Humphrey was a real liberal and Lyndon thought liberals never had a sense of humor. Humphrey was the rare liberal with a sense of humor. That's why Johnson liked him."

I'm a liberal with a sense of humor - I find the Mitt Romney character hilarious. No one could make that shit up.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: September 1, 2012 05:37

$50 a ticket would obviously be great for the lucky few. Let's be realistic, however, if this Stones lineup is the usual it will be mediocre unless Ron is sober and plays all the lead and Keith sticks to rhythm, and Blondie fattens the sound stealthily.

Fat chance.

For those of you who are scrambling to get to these gigs. . .. I feel sorry for you, unless you are rich, the lame guitar section needs to be addressed or otherwise it is another Below Par Affair, and at times a train wreck.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: September 1, 2012 05:50

deadegad
$50 a ticket would obviously be great for the lucky few. Let's be realistic, however, if this Stones lineup is the usual it will be mediocre unless Ron is sober and plays all the lead and Keith sticks to rhythm, and Blondie fattens the sound stealthily.

Fat chance.

For those of you who are scrambling to get to these gigs. . .. I feel sorry for you, unless you are rich, the lame guitar section needs to be addressed or otherwise it is another Below Par Affair, and at times a train wreck.

I feel sorry for you.

Date: September 1, 2012 06:47

Justin
deadegad

Fat chance.

I feel sorry for you.

LOL!

You're funny. The truth hurts. My love for The Stones is second to nobody. Let's keep it real, unlike yourself, The Stones guitar section has not served the music well for far too long.

Now go suck your thumb.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-01 07:17 by deadegad.

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: September 1, 2012 07:00

Wow....a man who feels he has a monopoly on the truth? And, he seems to firmly believe that any opinion differing from his own in infantile.

That's a quality example of hypocrisy in action. Why don't you go pout and stomp around your parents basement until sleepy time comes....

Date: September 1, 2012 07:16

vermontoffender
Wow....a man who feels he has a monopoly on the truth? And, he seems to firmly believe that any opinion differing from his own in infantile.

That's a quality example of hypocrisy in action. Why don't you go pout and stomp around your parents basement until sleepy time comes....

Glad to see you agree with me that Justin, among others, is wholly divorced from reality:

[en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: September 1, 2012 07:21

I just hope they come back to China

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: September 1, 2012 07:30

deadegad
vermontoffender

Glad to see you agree with me that Justin, among others, is wholly divorced from reality:

[en.wikipedia.org]

You're a big bad ass here who really knows the "truth" yet you'll probably be the first to buy the new greatest hits set just to listen to the new songs they've recorded and then you'll be the first to watch the PPV of whatever show they perform later in the year.

No one's living in a fantasy land dude. No one is saying they're going to blow our minds and perform so well they'll scare us. Anyone still pissed off about that are the ones living in fantasy world. The dudes are in their f*ckin' 70's...how the hell else do you expect them to perform? Get with it already.

The guys are running their victory lap. And here you are boo-ing them as they come around the corner. Totally not even worth it. It's a huge farewell party and you're the one sitting in the back angry at Keith for having arthritis and being old. Yeah who's the baby sucking their thumb now?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-01 07:37 by Justin.

Date: September 1, 2012 07:54

Justin
deadegad
vermontoffender

[en.wikipedia.org]

You're a big bad ass here who really knows the "truth" yet you'll probably be the first to buy the new greatest hits set just to listen to the new songs they've recorded and then you'll be the first to watch the PPV of whatever show they perform later in the year.

No one's living in a fantasy land dude. No one is saying they're going to blow our minds and perform so well they'll scare us. Anyone still pissed off about that are the ones living in fantasy world. The dudes are in their f*ckin' 70's...how the hell else do you expect them to perform? Get with it already.

The guys are running their victory lap. And here you are boo-ing them as they come around the corner. Totally not even worth it. It's a huge farewell party and you're the one sitting in the back angry at Keith for having arthritis and being old. Yeah who's the baby sucking their thumb now?

What I wrote in my original post could apply to the 1981 Stones too. It is more than age. Jagger and The Foo Fighters would probably be better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-01 07:57 by deadegad.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: September 1, 2012 09:39

$5000 for one ticket sound expensive.

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: September 1, 2012 12:00

Justin
deadegad
vermontoffender

[en.wikipedia.org]

Well said. Much as we'd all love to close our eyes to the ravages of time, if I'm lucky enough to see the Stones once more, I know that if I close my eyes I won't be hearing a replication of '69, '73, '75, '78, etc. I think they will give a pleasing performance but we all know Keith can't play like he used to. Nobody lasts forever. They have given me a lifetime of happiness and loads of great memories. They totally deserve to run their victory lap and be applauded for all they've given us over the years. If tix are really what I'm hearing I probably can't afford to go, but I'd love to.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 1, 2012 12:10

JumpingKentFlash
Anybody Think That they dó these shows to
show the insurance people That they Can do
A 2 hour concert? I just had That thought.
A nod to their fans and the insurance people
Will be more likely to give the lads the green light
For a tour. Am i completely off the mark?

Had a drink, kent?grinning smiley

No, I don't think you are completely off the mark. Whatever are the reasons - testing the organization, the band, insurance people, etc - the fact is that The Stones are doing something different in compared to their past activities. There is some function of having only few dates now - just to get the chops back for few dates only seems unlikely.

But I think what is also interesting and I think not much noted here is that The Stones have been rather sincere concerning their future plans. They haven't been fooling us at all. They haven't promised anything they would not do. They've been talking about few gigs in the fall and then more next year. They have talked about their jams and rehearsals, and how they are getting their chops back again little by little, getting along again, etc. If these concerts will go without any remarkable disaster - which I think they do - I think we will have more to come in next year, as they have said. The problem for us has been expecting too much of something they even have not intented (at least publicly) to do - Jagger's SNL, the July anniversary, Olympics - and then being disapponted (at laest some of us). But it starts to look like everything is going to go in accordance to a fixed plan. My guess is that during NYC rehearsals they were convinced that that yaeh, it is going to happen, they are strong and getting along enough to really make it work. And by the photo gallery they were ready to talk it publicly of their fall/next year plans. (And even before that Keith had mentioned about the 2013 scenario, that 2012 comes too quickly.)

Anyway, even though I most likely don't have a chance to see the shows in November (?), I think it is a wonderful news that the band is going to play live again. And also that of cutting some new tracks. Without that the whole idea of 50th Celebrity would have turned out to be a kind of empty notion.

And like I mentioned above, this 'few nights only' is an expectional pattern in the Stones history, so those shows will be special events. The professional autopilot with which they have gone through many of their mammouth tours is most likely absent. I am happy for the people who have a chance to take part to them. It will be special.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-01 12:14 by Doxa.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: September 1, 2012 12:32

Doxa
JumpingKentFlash
Anybody Think That they dó these shows to
show the insurance people That they Can do
A 2 hour concert? I just had That thought.
A nod to their fans and the insurance people
Will be more likely to give the lads the green light
For a tour. Am i completely off the mark?

No, you are not off the mark. I don't think so anyway. It's the idea to show up that they can perform at a high level for a 2013 tour. Also, my thought is in 4 shows they can collect money usual bands get when opening the selling tickets a year or so in advance. Even in France they are articles on that 4 shows ( one for each Stone).

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 1, 2012 15:27

Justin
deadegad
vermontoffender

[en.wikipedia.org]

I'm with J on this one.

Dead whatever...if you don't like the Stones, why don't you find a Monkees board to piss on?

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: September 1, 2012 15:27

deadegad
For those of you who are scrambling to get to these gigs. . .. I feel sorry for you, the lame guitar section needs to be addressed or otherwise it is another Below Par Affair, and at times a train wreck.

Are you @#$%& kidding me?

This is THE ROLLING STONES live in LONDON & BROOKLYN after a five-year hiatus to celebrate a 50 year odyssey.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 1, 2012 15:33

Munichhilton
if you don't like the Stones, why don't you find a Monkees board to piss on?

Now this is very unfair. Telling someone to go trouble those poor innocent Monkees fans. You are so cruel.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 1, 2012 15:40

150 - 200 Euro for normal seats (depending on loacation).
They will sell some corporate packages, VIP packages for higher prices.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: September 1, 2012 16:04

mtaylor
150 - 200 Euro for normal seats (depending on loacation).
They will sell some corporate packages, VIP packages for higher prices.

150-200 euros? Are you joking?

Maybe for the worst seats in the house up in the sky. Acceptable seats will be at least 300-400$ each. That´s my guess.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: September 1, 2012 16:18

I am hoping to score a ticket for each of the brooklyn shows at around 100 bucks each which is reasonable IMO , and also not have the seats be nosebleed otherwise forget it i will just wait for the 2013 tour and see them at GIANTS STADIUM

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 1, 2012 16:19

I don't think it's fair to bitch about this.
The Stones are playing, and SOME people
really need to get over themselves and
be just a tiny bit thankful for that.
This is their victory lap and a well deserved
one at that. I wanna see a show, even if it will
cost me an arm and a leg. We love you lads! Keep on
doing what you do best.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: September 1, 2012 16:23

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

sc uk

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 1, 2012 16:30

flacnvinyl
GADAWG
71Tele
Title5Take1
Max'sKansasCity
Stoneage
Come on, this is a hoax. Let's go back to the Ted Nugent thread. What's Nuggie up to now?
He is in Tampa... or just got back from.

Nugent is probably preparing for his charity camp that starts up soon, that he started for kids to enjoy the outdoors. Funny to read certain criticisms of Tampa, though. They remind me of Robert Caro's LBJ biography (vol. 3) where a staffer said, "Lyndon Johnson liked Hubert Humphrey. Humphrey was a real liberal and Lyndon thought liberals never had a sense of humor. Humphrey was the rare liberal with a sense of humor. That's why Johnson liked him."

I'm a liberal with a sense of humor - I find the Mitt Romney character hilarious. No one could make that shit up.

Well I am a conservative Mitt Romney supporting republican. That means I believe success is what you make yourself. Not sitting around smoking pot on the dole and having illegitimate kids to increase my monthly stipend.

I will have tickets because I have made my financial future, not waiting until some spook in the White House takes it away from the working class and gives it to me so I can get a set of rims and gun.

I'll be upfront while folks like you will be waiting on the next box set hoping Brian Jones will record.

THAT made my day. I know we're not allowed to talk politics but I have to explain 'entitlement spending' on a daily basis. It really gets me as a business owner. I live by my own hands, not the government. in summary, everything the government does is a tax. There is no free anything.

On these gigs, I hope they add on more. I have low expectations on the performance side but will be thrilled if for once they put Ronnie is the mix at equal levels to Keith!! Ronnie is by far the most underrated part of the Stones..

Can you leave this political crap out of this thread, thank you.

- Doxa

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 49

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1509
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home