Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 49
Re: Billboard: Rolling Stones To Play London, Brooklyn In November
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 30, 2012 23:30

Gazza
SecondSet
These are the potentially available Barclays Center dates

Nov. 2 - Open date with basketball games the nights before and after

Nov. 4 - A "How Sweet the Sound" gospel event is listed as time TBA. Could potentially be canceled? Basketball games the nights before and after.

Nov. 6 - Open date, but highly unlikely, as this is Election Day (when, or preceding which, I suspect the Stones might perform at an Obama rally, as they might also perhaps this coming week)

Nov. 7 - Open date

Nov. 8 - Open date with basketball game the next night

Nov. 22 - Open date, but this is Thanksgiving Night, i.e. not happening

Nov. 26 - Open date with concert the night before and ice capades the night after

I suspect that the shows will be Nov. 7-8, or, if Gazza is correct that they won't be two nights in a row (despite this being just a two-night stand as part of a four-date run, and not a real tour), then one show on one of those dates (the 7th?), and the other on the 2nd or 4th (or 26th).

It could even be early December. There are more free dates around that time. (December 6th, 8th and 13th - thanks erikjjf for the detective work)

Conceivably you could have 02 dates on the last weekend of November and New York dates the following weekend.

Pleasssssse let it be Nov. 2, 4, or 6th! I'll be there anyway so it will save me money on a hotel. Looks like I will have to throw Neil Young under the bus so I can afford the Stones. Anyone want two good tickets to see Neil? smiling smiley

Posted by: bam ()
Date: August 30, 2012 23:33

Rolling Stone finally has the story.

[www.rollingstone.com]

They say two songs were cut last week.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: August 30, 2012 23:34

drbryant
carlostones10
much better than you to imagine.

Oh, please, please, please, tell us your secret source!

[www.nypost.com]

[www.antimusic.com]

[thecelebritycafe.com]

[www.hollywoodreporter.com]

1) you don´t know read. I said the stones will have PRESS CONFERENCE in middle of september. and the newspaper don´t say anything about this.
2) Some guys don´t know anything and just spent their time writing crap in messageboard. I think you need some work.

Posted by: Angus MacBagpipe ()
Date: August 30, 2012 23:35

I'm going to invest in one of Bill's metal detectors, then earn both the cost of it and two tickets in no time.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 30, 2012 23:41

latebloomer
Gazza
SecondSet

Nov. 4 - A "How Sweet the Sound" gospel event is listed as time TBA. Could potentially be canceled? Basketball games the nights before and after.

Nov. 6 - Open date, but highly unlikely, as this is Election Day (when, or preceding which, I suspect the Stones might perform at an Obama rally, as they might also perhaps this coming week)

Nov. 7 - Open date

Nov. 26 - Open date with concert the night before and ice capades the night after

I suspect that the shows will be Nov. 7-8, or, if Gazza is correct that they won't be two nights in a row (despite this being just a two-night stand as part of a four-date run, and not a real tour), then one show on one of those dates (the 7th?), and the other on the 2nd or 4th (or 26th).

It could even be early December. There are more free dates around that time. (December 6th, 8th and 13th - thanks erikjjf for the detective work)

Conceivably you could have 02 dates on the last weekend of November and New York dates the following weekend.

Pleasssssse let it be Nov. 2, 4, or 6th! I'll be there anyway so it will save me money on a hotel. Looks like I will have to throw Neil Young under the bus so I can afford the Stones. Anyone want two good tickets to see Neil? smiling smiley

My own personal guess - and I havent heard anything yet so it IS just guesswork - is that the end of November/early December time frame sounds more likely.

Supposedly the UMG greatest hits package will be out late November and shows around that week would be a perfect promotional vehicle for it - and vice-versa, of course.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: August 30, 2012 23:41

So, did I miss something or will this be IT!? Are they doing shows in 2013 or are you all guessing that this will be the end of the tour? Maybe they have not planned that far ahead yet but WHY announce a partial tour?

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: August 30, 2012 23:44

My apologies if this has been posted, but Rollingstone.com just said this IS official -

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: August 30, 2012 23:45

SecondSet

Nov. 7 - Open date

I don't see a problem with two nights in a row, November 7 and 8th it is.

Their is NO WAY they are going to risk playing an Obama Rally! But they surely don't want to lose out on Media coverage, so I agree that November 6th is out.

This really is a spot of good news...

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: August 30, 2012 23:49

"Two New Songs"...

wow...so they officially did less work on new stuff than they did on old stuff for the Exile and Some Girls reissues...

this is IT kids...

yes i am a jerk...and a realist too...

Date: August 31, 2012 00:12

mickschix
So, did I miss something or will this be IT!? Are they doing shows in 2013 or are you all guessing that this will be the end of the tour? Maybe they have not planned that far ahead yet but WHY announce a partial tour?

Barring disasters, they will play shows in 2013. This is more of a taster, I'd imagine.

They have a new greatest hits multi-disc/multi-media release scheduled for late November.

As good a time as any to promote it and get them a bit road worthy again.

Date: August 31, 2012 00:14

Kurt
SecondSet

Nov. 7 - Open date

I don't see a problem with two nights in a row, November 7 and 8th it is.

Jagger has been under medical instructions not to sing on two consecutive nights since 2003 and hasnt done so.

Granted, this is a small number of shows so he could get away with it (then again, it could work the other way - after years of not playing full length concerts, it may end up being too much of a strain too soon)

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: August 31, 2012 00:15

I've only discovered the Stones two years so have never had the opportunity to see them live, I've never been to the 02 arena either so was wondering whether or not it would be best to purchase tickets off ticketmaster or direct from 02?

This is my first post and I seem to have come to IORR at the right time!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 31, 2012 00:21

Rollin92
I've only discovered the Stones two years so have never had the opportunity to see them live, I've never been to the 02 arena either so was wondering whether or not it would be best to purchase tickets off ticketmaster or direct from 02?

no, you missed it by a day. the very last-ever word of the day was posted yesterday. timing is everything.

Posted by: bv ()

Rollin92

Yes. Perfect timing. Welcome to the community!

Bjornulf

Posted by: NICOS ()

Rollin92

Some of us regret that they joint IORR grinning smiley Welcome Rollin92

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: August 31, 2012 00:22

FrankM
It took them forever to build the Barclays center. The Nets were originally supposed to start playing there about four years ago. Once it opens it will be a hot spot for concerts.

Hey Frank is that the New Jersey Nets playing in NY or are they back to the NY Nets? I use to see them at the Nassau Coliseum back in the early 70's.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 31, 2012 00:23

2000 LYFH
FrankM
It took them forever to build the Barclays center. The Nets were originally supposed to start playing there about four years ago. Once it opens it will be a hot spot for concerts.

Hey Frank is that the New Jersey Nets playing in NY or are they back to the NY Nets? I use to see them at the Nassau Coliseum back in the early 70's.

it's the brooklyn nets

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: August 31, 2012 00:23

Thanks BV and Nicos!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-31 00:24 by Rollin92.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: August 31, 2012 00:26

nice news but lets see what the prices are first, at least thats what iam doing

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: August 31, 2012 00:52

2000 LYFH
FrankM

Those were the old ABA days. Didn't they have Dr. J back then?

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 31, 2012 01:07

Gazza
latebloomer
Gazza
SecondSet

Nov. 7 - Open date

My own personal guess - and I havent heard anything yet so it IS just guesswork - is that the end of November/early December time frame sounds more likely.

Supposedly the UMG greatest hits package will be out late November and shows around that week would be a perfect promotional vehicle for it - and vice-versa, of course.

Dang, I wasn't thinking about the election, it wouldn't make sense for them to compete with that circus. I guess that means I'll have to sell one of my kids as well as the Neil Young tickets. They're not very good at cleaning up, but they can all cook.grinning smiley
Seriously, I suppose it would be too much to ask for them to announce any tour plans for 2013 before the shows in Nov/Dec. It sure would be very helpful.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: August 31, 2012 01:21

Rollin92
Thanks BV and Nicos!

Welcome to the Jungle - There's a great crowd here. BTW you missed StonesTod!

Posted by: LillithFlair ()
Date: August 31, 2012 01:35

JuanTCB
I never even dared to imagine that I'd someday be able to take the G train to see the Stones.

Wow.

Zing! Let's just hope that's one of the day's it's running!

Posted by: Per-Arne ()
Date: August 31, 2012 01:40

2000 LYFH
Rollin92
Thanks BV and Nicos!

Welcome to the Jungle - There's a great crowd here. BTW you missed StonesTod!

Welcome Rollin92 - See you at 02!

Per-Arne

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-31 01:42 by Per-Arne.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: August 31, 2012 01:44

carlostones10
drbryant
carlostones10
much better than you to imagine.

Oh, please, please, please, tell us your secret source!

[www.nypost.com]

[www.antimusic.com]

[thecelebritycafe.com]

[www.hollywoodreporter.com]

1) you don´t know read. I said the stones will have PRESS CONFERENCE in middle of september. and the newspaper don´t say anything about this.
2) Some guys don´t know anything and just spent their time writing crap in messageboard. I think you need some work.

Come on, Carlo, have a sense of humor! If you're the stonesplanetbrazil guy, I respect your blog. My daughters spend every summer in Londrina, so I could ask them to translate if I wanted the "inside scoop".

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: August 31, 2012 01:48

The Stones are too mainstream for Williamsburg, man.

Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: August 31, 2012 01:49

Great news. It would appear that the Stones may soon announce a World Tour to last a year or more. Who knows, maybe the 4 or more new songs to accompany the compilation CD are winners. I actually liked Don't Stop.

Things are looking up. I would like to see them play at Madison Square Garden.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 31, 2012 02:32

2000 LYFH
FrankM

They are now the Brooklyn Nets.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 31, 2012 02:37

Naturalust
Just happy they are going to be playing together, I will try hard to make the Brooklyn shows. Who else but the Stones could get me to go to Brooklyn New York?

That's fine. Brooklyn doesn't need you.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: August 31, 2012 02:38

when is the press conf?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 49

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1251
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home