Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 4 of 8
Re: All Eyes Now On October!
Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: August 15, 2012 23:23

Stoneage
Please stop this before it gets any worse. Give it a rest. Take a walk in the fresh air. Or whatever...

an excellent suggestion..lets' discuss Ted Nugent then....'cause this unwarranted unbridled optimism is wearing thin.....the band has nothing planned..they just can't/won't do it anymore....it's obvious...everyone gets old and tired---maybe, just maybe...they don't want to reveal the limitations put on them by age...i prefer to remember them as they were--on top and rockin'....i don't need to see them embarass themselves.....

Date: August 16, 2012 14:33

MightyStonesStillRollin50
DandelionPowderman
Dig up some more dreams, Revvy, be it "Two Trains", SNL, July 12 or Rocktober winking smiley

Can't speak for revvy, but most of my dreams come true. Especially when it comes to the Stones. The next 11 months or so is going to be as good as it gets for us. Enjoy each moment for time is no longer on their side.

Let me know when you can speak for revvy - his dreams doesn't always come true, although I liked the "Two Trains-dream"... smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-16 14:33 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: August 17, 2012 23:22

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
mickschix
I've given up all hope.....I am weary of waiting...think I'll spend my tour $$....JOKING! But not really....I think that if this is their way of building tension, they've played it out far too long.

Well, stonescrow and the watchman warned us a long time ago that it was going to be a long wait. October will be here before you know it.

What name will you come up with next to have a even bigger group of your own names?

Probably the next one will be 'MightyStonesRetired'. Hopefully that won't be until 2015.

Date: August 17, 2012 23:27

lunar!!!
mickschix
I've given up all hope.....I am weary of waiting...think I'll spend my tour $$....JOKING! But not really....I think that if this is their way of building tension, they've played it out far too long.

this whole 'building tension' thing.....never really bought into that one....i got a feeling that the stones really don't have a plan...that there really is nothing going on..or gonna happen at all...and that they are maybe just looking for a semi-graceful way to exit without embarrassment.....definitely weary...that's the only thing that IS certain.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzsad smiley

The plan is to go out in a "Blaze Of Glory". Lot's of "lovely things" headed our way over the next 11 months and hopefully beyond. Buckle up, and get ready for one last "joy ride"!

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 18, 2012 01:35

Date: August 18, 2012 02:23

lunar!!!
mickschix

this whole 'building tension' thing.....never really bought into that one....i got a feeling that the stones really don't have a plan...that there really is nothing going on..or gonna happen at all...and that they are maybe just looking for a semi-graceful way to exit without embarrassment.....definitely weary...that's the only thing that IS certain.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzsad smiley

The plan is to go out in a "Blaze Of Glory". Lot's of "lovely things" headed our way over the next 11 months and hopefully beyond. Buckle up, and get ready for one last "joy ride"!

Great, you're dragging Jon Bon Jovi into this. You're just repeating things that have already been said - and for some reason only when something is about to supposedly alledgely happen. It's the middle of August and there's been ZERO. They've had plenty of time to get things in order, to even make do on July 12, yet they've done nothing. Which is very very strange for a band that's all and only about the money these days.

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: August 18, 2012 04:13

lunar!!!
mickschix

...don't know how fans will afford these "lovely things" but am hoping (against hope) that the band (read: Jagger) will realize that maybe for once it CAN'T be about the $$$ and make it about the legacy....i know...i got ahold of some of the hallucinogenics going on around here...

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: August 18, 2012 06:02

I don't know what the plans are going to be, but the Stones -- including Mick -- are expecting to play some gigs. The two rehearsal sessions have been groundwork for that, as opposed to being for the documentary. Some interesting decisions have been made by them but I can't say more than that except, again, I don't know when the live dates will be.

Posted by: 1StonesRecluse ()
Date: August 18, 2012 06:55

The 50th birthday party was fantastic. A PR home run. But, the best is yet to come!

There is something magical and mysterious about the month of October. It fits "our" Rolling Stones perfectly

M50..One of the personality traits of someone born in October is they're mysterious.Im a Scorpio

<<<<<>>>>>
The Mystery Man

Date: August 18, 2012 07:00

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
lunar!!!
mickschix

Great, you're dragging Jon Bon Jovi into this. You're just repeating things that have already been said - and for some reason only when something is about to supposedly alledgely happen. It's the middle of August and there's been ZERO. They've had plenty of time to get things in order, to even make do on July 12, yet they've done nothing. Which is very very strange for a band that's all and only about the money these days.

Well, a couple of years ago many around here argued that the number 50 meant little or nothing to the Stones. That obviously has since been proven to be false. Then many argued that they wouldn't even bother coming together on July 12 for their 50th birthday. False again.

I have admitted that I have had my moments of doubt along the way - it has been one damn long haul since their last last live performances, but it just had to be that way. If they had done anything (live performances) in between it would have lessened the impact of whatever they had planned for their 50th anniversary year. Five plus years between live performances at this stage of their career, and considering the circumstances was the absolute right approach to take.The fans will be hungrier than ever having had to wait so long. Not to mention that this very well could be the last time they take the stage together.

Things will happen, in exactly what order you will just have to wait and see.

Date: August 18, 2012 07:08

lunar!!!
lunar!!!
mickschix

...don't know how fans will afford these "lovely things" but am hoping (against hope) that the band (read: Jagger) will realize that maybe for once it CAN'T be about the $$$ and make it about the legacy....i know...i got ahold of some of the hallucinogenics going on around here...

Money is always a factor, but rest assured they want to close out their careers in the same fashion that they close their concerts. It is going to be really exciting to watch the next 11 months (and hopefully beyond) play out. I am looking forward to new music and some great live performances. That is the only way they can truly go out in a "Blaze of Glory". I don't expect them to let me down. They haven't so far.

Posted by: 1StonesRecluse ()
Date: August 18, 2012 07:09

1StonesRecluse
The 50th birthday party was fantastic. A PR home run. But, the best is yet to come!

There is something magical and mysterious about the month of October. It fits "our" Rolling Stones perfectly

M50..One of the personality traits of someone born in October is they're mysterious.Im a Scorpio

Bill Wyman is a good example of a Scorpio he's always been bit of a mystery man

<<<<<>>>>>
The Mystery Man

Date: August 18, 2012 07:20

1StonesRecluse

How does that work for someone that was conceived in October?

I was glad to see Mick and I were on the same page concerning the 50th birthday event. Just hope we are on the same page concerning the month of October. It fits the Stones perfectly. Halloween night would be the perfect night for a return to the stage.

Date: August 18, 2012 07:22

1StonesRecluse
1StonesRecluse

Bill Wyman is a good example of a Scorpio he's always been bit of a mystery man

Absolutely!

Date: August 18, 2012 14:55

The blaze of glory will be that they can even get it together to play one show at this point.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 18, 2012 16:22

would you settle for a flicker of glory?

Date: August 18, 2012 16:29

StonesTod

No. Maybe a glint.

Date: August 18, 2012 16:30

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
StonesTod

No. Maybe a glint.

who asked you?

Date: August 18, 2012 16:42

StonesTod
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
StonesTod

No. Maybe a glint.

who asked you?

I think you did. Or something.

Date: August 18, 2012 16:48

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
StonesTod
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
StonesTod

No. Maybe a glint.

who asked you?

i was clearly inquiring the mighty man. it's not always about skippy.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 18, 2012 18:46

All Eyes Now On October!

It's true! My eyes are now on October. October 18 to be exact. Anyone wanna have a meet up?

[www.ticketweb.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-18 18:49 by tatters.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 18, 2012 21:28

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
StonesTod

No. Maybe a glint.

How about a glimmer?

Date: August 18, 2012 22:00

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
The blaze of glory will be that they can even get it together to play one show at this point.

I would be OK with just one final show, but it will certainly be more than that.

Date: August 18, 2012 22:02

StonesTod

I suppose.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: August 18, 2012 22:09

Funny coincidence, Mighty - you wrote "all eyes" and now this trick with the eyes on their Facebook page
I hope nevertheless that the news will appear earlier than October

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: August 18, 2012 22:23

lunar!!!
lunar!!!
mickschix

Money is always a factor, but rest assured they want to close out their careers in the same fashion that they close their concerts. It is going to be really exciting to watch the next 11 months (and hopefully beyond) play out. I am looking forward to new music and some great live performances. That is the only way they can truly go out in a "Blaze of Glory". I don't expect them to let me down. They haven't so far.

You must be an insider if you know what the plan is. And why would they want to close out their careers when numerous of their contemporaries are continuing on and therefore surpassing them? It's pretty obvious what Townshend and Daltrey are still capable of, why not the Stones, just because they haven't performed in a few years?

Date: August 18, 2012 22:29

proudmary
Funny coincidence, Mighty - you wrote "all eyes" and now this trick with the eyes on their Facebook page
I hope nevertheless that the news will appear earlier than October

Reality is often stranger than fiction.

Sure would be nice to actually see the band doing a live performance on Halloween night.

I would guess that they will announce the release date of the documentary pretty soon now. That is most likely the next bit of news coming forth from them. Could be released in October?

Date: August 18, 2012 22:41

stonesnow
lunar!!!
lunar!!!
mickschix

You must be an insider if you know what the plan is. And why would they want to close out their careers when numerous of their contemporaries are continuing on and therefore surpassing them? It's pretty obvious what Townshend and Daltrey are still capable of, why not the Stones, just because they haven't performed in a few years?

Well, they certainly have an abundance of 50th anniversaries ahead of them over the next ten years right up until the 50th anniversary of Exile in 2022. I hope they go on forever. Maybe they could do an open ended tour and just go until one of them expires. In the meantime lets just get through the next 11 months or so and see how things look at that point? Maybe they surprise us and are still together for their 60th in ten years.

Date: August 18, 2012 23:04

StonesTod
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
StonesTod
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
StonesTod

No. Maybe a glint.

who asked you?

i was clearly inquiring the mighty man. it's not always about skippy.

Your response predicated the answer, therefor and then thus applying reality, it did not and does not involve this so called mighty man.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 18, 2012 23:04

A new Photo-op afoot? Or another documentary with never-seen-before pictures for ocular inspection? Maybe there are three pictures out of a million with Mick Jagger on that we haven't seen?

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 4 of 8

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1659
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home