Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 3 of 8
Re: All Eyes Now On October!
Date: August 15, 2012 19:38

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
MightyStonesStillRollin50
The 50th birthday party was fantastic. A PR home run. But, the best is yet to come!

There is something magical and mysterious about the month of October. It fits "our" Rolling Stones perfectly.

We have a thing in my little village (nicknamed Sleepy Hollow) we call the 'Season of the Witch'. It begins on October 17 and runs through Halloween night. It is a time when sorcerers call up the "sleeping". Time to awaken the Stones!

Beware, the autumn winds shall soon be upon us! And so shall the Stones!

Uh huh. More crap to push here? Didn't you disappear around July 12? Why didn't you stay away? Glad your little town is going to wake up for October. Perhaps you should blog about it so nobody can read it.

I am flattered to see you are still showing up to voice your dis-pleasure. Please continue. In my business being ignored is like death.smiling smiley

Posted by: GypsyRollnStone ()
Date: August 15, 2012 19:40

Rocky Dijon
You missed the anniversary celebration? It was amazing. They actually walked the red carpet and posed for photos together. Best of all, they never played a note of music. It was like the SHINE A LIGHT premiere all over again except this time Ronnie didn't go off the rails with a teenage Russian prostitute.

Have you seen his new girlfriend? Think she is in her twenties. Damn fine catch for a senior citizen.

One of the Perks of having a good head of hairthumbs up

Date: August 15, 2012 19:45

Gazza
The 50th birthday party was fantastic. A PR home run. But, the best is yet to come!

There is something magical and mysterious about the month of October. It fits "our" Rolling Stones perfectly.

We have a thing in my little village (nicknamed Sleepy Hollow) we call the 'Season of the Witch'. It begins on October 17 and runs through Halloween night. It is a time when sorcerers call up the "sleeping". Time to awaken the Stones!

Only if you agree to be put to sleep.

Come on, mate, let's enjoy each others company while we can. A year or so from now the Stones will probably be done. Let's enjoy this last ride together. I have no plans whatsoever to hang around here once it's over.

Date: August 15, 2012 19:48

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

Uh huh. More crap to push here? Didn't you disappear around July 12? Why didn't you stay away? Glad your little town is going to wake up for October. Perhaps you should blog about it so nobody can read it.

I am flattered to see you are still showing up to voice your dis-pleasure. Please continue. In my business being ignored is like death.smiling smiley

Some dumb things are too difficult to not comment on. Like looking at a car wreck.

Date: August 15, 2012 19:49

DandelionPowderman
Dig up some more dreams, Revvy, be it "Two Trains", SNL, July 12 or Rocktober winking smiley

Can't speak for revvy, but most of my dreams come true. Especially when it comes to the Stones. The next 11 months or so is going to be as good as it gets for us. Enjoy each moment for time is no longer on their side.

Date: August 15, 2012 19:50

GumbootCloggeroo
Oh no, he's back! Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!

Well, not quite, but the Stones soon will be.

Date: August 15, 2012 19:54

Yes, the same 'ol....

Date: August 15, 2012 19:56

71Tele
What happens when October comes and goes with no dramatic event? What's the next big date to watch for? I want to be ahead of the game.

Let's not look beyond October until after Halloween.

Date: August 15, 2012 19:57

71Tele
What happens when October comes and goes with no dramatic event? What's the next big date to watch for? I want to be ahead of the game.

Let's not look beyond October until after Halloween.

How original.

Date: August 15, 2012 20:00

mickschix
I've given up all hope.....I am weary of waiting...think I'll spend my tour $$....JOKING! But not really....I think that if this is their way of building tension, they've played it out far too long.

Well, stonescrow and the watchman warned us a long time ago that it was going to be a long wait. October will be here before you know it.

Date: August 15, 2012 20:02

mickschix
I've given up all hope.....I am weary of waiting...think I'll spend my tour $$....JOKING! But not really....I think that if this is their way of building tension, they've played it out far too long.

Well, stonescrow and the watchman warned us a long time ago that it was going to be a long wait. October will be here before you know it.

What name will you come up with next to have a even bigger group of your own names?

Date: August 15, 2012 20:03

Tonstone

Please could you tell us were you got those mushrooms?

I suggest you go back and read stonescrow's post from July of 2010 entitled: Seven Reasons Why The Stones Will Keep Rolling. Might have been changed to eight reasons at some point.

Date: August 15, 2012 20:08

Tonstone

Please could you tell us were you got those mushrooms?

I suggest you go back and read stonescrow's post from July of 2010 entitled: Seven Reasons Why The Stones Will Keep Rolling. Might have been changed to eight reasons at some point.

Funny how you can remember your post from back then with such clarity.

Date: August 15, 2012 20:08

stonesnow
Actually, one tires of this 50th anniversary business rather quickly. Since when did the Stones become so locked into merely looking back without at the same time working their way forward? True, they did a 25th anniversary nod with their 25x5 doc in 1989 (although shouldn't that have been, by present calculations, occurring in 1987 instead?), but they were also being productive with new songs and a major tour as well. Their 40th anniversary nod didn't leave any lasting impact--40 Licks is now out of print. The point is, the Stones always acknowledged their history--with their concert setlist, yet in spite of that "big black shadow we carry around," as Keith Richards once described their history, they always managed somehow to be a part of the present, with the combined force of their personalities and their performances busting through all the ageist commentary and derision to forge on indefinitely no matter what...and now, where has that spirit gone? They vowed they would continue on with recording and touring until they dropped. What is so important about a 50th anniversary? A photo book? A documentary DVD? With their pattern of work habits, they should have just now been wrapping up another big tour, and there should have been already another new album to either cherish or despise.

What happened to the work ethic of the Rolling Stones?...Are they merely popping champagne corks and toasting themselves into oblivion? How much longer can this self-congratulatory semi-existence of theirs continue on?

Please be patient. Things are falling into place. Once the mighty Stones begin to roll they will take no prisoners. A year from now you will look back with pride.

Date: August 15, 2012 20:10

GumbootCloggeroo
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
StonesTod
71Tele

the fall classic? that's in october and is usually filled with drama.

Actually and technically it's not - at least when it comes to baseball, the most boring "sport" in the world next to golf. America's Get Fat Time.
I agree that, generally. baseball is boring but I do admit that the world series can get exciting at times.

One time. The final out.

Date: August 15, 2012 20:19

GumbootCloggeroo
Anytime they make the news is cause for celebration
Yep, I was definitely celebrating when I heard about Charlie's cancer or Keith's head injury eye rolling smiley
And enough already with this "soap opera" bullshit. Can you be anymore dramatic?

You know damn well I didn't mean Charlie's cancer or Keith's head injury, you sick SOB!

Date: August 15, 2012 20:27

GumbootCloggeroo
Yep, I was definitely celebrating when I heard about Charlie's cancer or Keith's head injury eye rolling smiley
And enough already with this "soap opera" bullshit. Can you be anymore dramatic?

You know damn well I didn't mean Charlie's cancer or Keith's head injury, you sick SOB!

You said "any time they make the news is cause for celebration". So you obviously celebrate their health problems as wonderful news. Some "fan" you are. Don't you have some "product" to flog somewhere else?

Date: August 15, 2012 20:27

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

Some dumb things are too difficult to not comment on. Like looking at a car wreck.

I lost my best friend in an automobile crash in 1972. He was 18. They don't appeal to me.

Posted by: GypsyRollnStone ()
Date: August 15, 2012 20:34

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
GumbootCloggeroo

You said "any time they make the news is cause for celebration". So you obviously celebrate their health problems as wonderful news. Some "fan" you are. Don't you have some "product" to flog somewhere else?

BALD personconfused smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 15, 2012 20:35

Please stop this before it gets any worse. Give it a rest. Take a walk in the fresh air. Or whatever...

Date: August 15, 2012 20:52

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
GumbootCloggeroo

I will give you a pass, since it has been obvious to me for some time, that you Do Not know any better. You see, I have compassion for those that are mentally ill. Gumboot knows better!

Date: August 15, 2012 21:04

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
backstreetboy1
im with you mssr50,my brothers friends with bernard,and he was told not to make any plans after september.

You saying that is way more believable than some MightyStandingStill50.

Regardless, I don't believe even less than 1% of it.

You mean, like you didn't believe the Stones would come together for their 50th birthday party? Or was that someone else?

Me thinks you are just jealous of "Mighty".

Date: August 15, 2012 21:08

GypsyRollnStone
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
GumbootCloggeroo

Bald is beautiful. It's his obvious jealousy and envy towards "Mighty" that isn't so appealing. But, I suspect he isn't well, so maybe we should give him a pass?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 15, 2012 22:09

Whhhhoooooosssh... as the plane thread take a sharp left.

Date: August 15, 2012 22:52

Max'sKansasCity
Whhhhoooooosssh... as the plane thread take a sharp left.

Rollin50 is so serious. I dunno what Gypsy's problem is. At least Rollin50 isn't saying that other thing, just alludes to a lot of things that are bizarre.

Hey Rollin50, there's only one Mighty in the world and that is the Mississippi River.

Date: August 15, 2012 22:53

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
backstreetboy1
im with you mssr50,my brothers friends with bernard,and he was told not to make any plans after september.

You saying that is way more believable than some MightyStandingStill50.

Regardless, I don't believe even less than 1% of it.

You mean, like you didn't believe the Stones would come together for their 50th birthday party? Or was that someone else?

Me thinks you are just jealous of "Mighty".

Ha ha! Jealous! Hell no! Aside from that, the Stones getting "together" was just that. They didn't really do anything, did they. At least they acknowledged it.

Date: August 15, 2012 22:59

GypsyRollnStone
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
GumbootCloggeroo

Rollin50 is bald?

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: August 15, 2012 23:07

mickschix

this whole 'building tension' thing.....never really bought into that one....i got a feeling that the stones really don't have a plan...that there really is nothing going on..or gonna happen at all...and that they are maybe just looking for a semi-graceful way to exit without embarrassment.....definitely weary...that's the only thing that IS certain.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzsad smiley

Date: August 15, 2012 23:09

oh good lord......

Date: August 15, 2012 23:10

MileHigh
I wish it was 1973. Damn!

i wish it was june 20th, 1968.....

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 3 of 8

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1613