Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8
Re: All Eyes Now On October!
Date: August 25, 2012 18:29

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
RiseofTheStones2012... MightyStonesStillRollin50...TheWatchman...Etc...all one beef stroganoff...

In the last few days you have suggested that I am some sort of 007 for the Stones, that I could be Ronnie Wood, and now RiseofTheStones2012. For crying out loud, make up your mind! You are all over the map, mate. Please re-direct your focus to where it belongs, on the Rolling Stones.smiling smiley

Date: August 25, 2012 18:31

MightyStonesStillRollin50
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
RiseofTheStones2012... MightyStonesStillRollin50...TheWatchman...Etc...all one beef stroganoff...

In the last few days you have suggested that I am some sort of 007 for the Stones, that I could be Ronnie Wood, and now RiseofTheStones2012. For crying out loud, make up your mind! You are all over the map, mate. Please re-direct your focus to where it belongs, on the Rolling Stones.smiling smiley

I'm sure at some point I'll be right.

Date: August 25, 2012 18:36

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

So YOU are Mickscarey!smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-25 18:48 by MightyStonesStillRollin50.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: August 25, 2012 18:41

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

007? Please. Don't flatter yourself. You're just some dork on the internet coming on here with different user names. How many email accounts did you create just to register on here?

Date: August 25, 2012 18:44

GumbootCloggeroo
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

007? Please. Don't flatter yourself. You're just some dork on the internet coming on here with different user names. How many email accounts did you create just to register on here?

I think you referred to me as some sort of Rolling Stones Secret Agent Man. Made me think of James Bond immediately.smiling smiley

Date: August 25, 2012 18:46

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

So YOU are Mickscarey!

Ha ha. I figured someone would try with that. Ehhhh, no. Doesn't apply here.

Date: August 25, 2012 18:51

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

So YOU are Mickscarey!

Besides Mickscarey, how many other names do you post under, Skippy?smiling smiley

Date: August 25, 2012 20:14

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

So YOU are Mickscarey!

Besides Mickscarey, how many other names do you post under, Skippy?smiling smiley

Hey, yer gonna make Mickscarey mad... and I only post under one name.

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: August 25, 2012 20:26

StonesTod
would you settle for a flicker of glory?

give us a glimmer!!

Date: August 25, 2012 20:42

I know of some eyes that are on Isaac.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 25, 2012 21:26

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

So YOU are Mickscarey!

which one is that?

Date: August 25, 2012 22:24

StonesTod
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

So YOU are Mickscarey!

which one is that?

Not Mickscarey. Or Keithfoolery or Ronwoody.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: August 26, 2012 09:45

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

Well, here's my visual of you. You're that reassuring father figure (the Father who Knows Best) who shows up now and again when some marketing scheme is afoot to set us all straight, that comforting presence who nobly poses on the sofa in his suit and tie as we all sit crouched on the floor looking up with naive wonder and disbelief hoping not to have our childlike dreams shattered as you dutifully reply with a cheery answer to our every cynical post, you're that Norman Rockwell lighting up our Hell's Kitchen, you're the one who makes promises only a door-to-door salesman claims he'll keep, you're the one spouting out the latter-day plan--the under assistant IORR promo man****

Date: August 26, 2012 18:15

stonesnow
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

Well, here's my visual of you. You're that reassuring father figure (the Father who Knows Best) who shows up now and again when some marketing scheme is afoot to set us all straight, that comforting presence who nobly poses on the sofa in his suit and tie as we all sit crouched on the floor looking up with naive wonder and disbelief hoping not to have our childlike dreams shattered as you dutifully reply with a cheery answer to our every cynical post, you're that Norman Rockwell lighting up our Hell's Kitchen, you're the one who makes promises only a door-to-door salesman claims he'll keep, you're the one spouting out the latter-day plan--the under assistant IORR promo man****

The Stones are so lucky to have fans like you, stonesnow.smileys with beer

Date: August 27, 2012 06:18

MightyRollin50, I gotta tell ya. When Hurricane Katrina hit, I had a prescription to Rolling Stone (ha ha). Mostly out of boredom. But that Rolling Stones one came out and...

I never got it.

That pissed me off to no end for quite a while. Over a year. I never saw it in stores, I was a bit occupied with things, but I did manage to get A Bigger Bang eventually, way after the release date.

I didn't care for a long time but eventually I was able to relax and get back into somewhat of a normal mindset and the firs thought was, right, new Stones LP.

It was a soundtrack for quite some time. Dangerous Beauty, It Won't Take Long, Rough Justice, She Saw Me Coming, This Place Is Empty, Let Me Down Slow, Biggest Mistake, Look What The Cat Dragged In, Driving Too Fast and Laugh I Nearly Died were the tracks that got listened to ad nauseum. That album has a place for me and I actually like it a lot. To know they essentially ignored it on the tour was a huge disappointment. Nostalgic @#$%&.

Certainly you can understand.

Date: August 27, 2012 09:23

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
This is it, righ there:

any promoter worth a salt would leap for the opportunity to promote a coming together of the sons of the Beatles.

For one, NO PROMOTER that I've ever noticed has even farted this "opportunity". They all have brains. This MightyStonesStillRollin50 trog is beyond being a megalomaniac with constant nonsense.

You seem to not notice a lot. There is whole big world out there beyond the tip of your nose, my friend.smiling smiley

its a really nice nose though....can smell BS from 1000 meters out....

Date: August 27, 2012 09:26

GumbootCloggeroo
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

I think you referred to me as some sort of Rolling Stones Secret Agent Man. Made me think of James Bond immediately.smiling smiley

..made me think of johnny rivers immediately....

Date: August 27, 2012 14:02

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
This is it, righ there:

any promoter worth a salt would leap for the opportunity to promote a coming together of the sons of the Beatles.

For one, NO PROMOTER that I've ever noticed has even farted this "opportunity". They all have brains. This MightyStonesStillRollin50 trog is beyond being a megalomaniac with constant nonsense.

You seem to not notice a lot. There is whole big world out there beyond the tip of your nose, my friend.smiling smiley

Fortunately that whole big world does not include such tripe as that garbage Sons Of The Beatles...

Date: August 27, 2012 19:49

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
MightyRollin50, I gotta tell ya. When Hurricane Katrina hit, I had a prescription to Rolling Stone (ha ha). Mostly out of boredom. But that Rolling Stones one came out and...

I never got it.

That pissed me off to no end for quite a while. Over a year. I never saw it in stores, I was a bit occupied with things, but I did manage to get A Bigger Bang eventually, way after the release date.

I didn't care for a long time but eventually I was able to relax and get back into somewhat of a normal mindset and the firs thought was, right, new Stones LP.

It was a soundtrack for quite some time. Dangerous Beauty, It Won't Take Long, Rough Justice, She Saw Me Coming, This Place Is Empty, Let Me Down Slow, Biggest Mistake, Look What The Cat Dragged In, Driving Too Fast and Laugh I Nearly Died were the tracks that got listened to ad nauseum. That album has a place for me and I actually like it a lot. To know they essentially ignored it on the tour was a huge disappointment. Nostalgic @#$%&.

Certainly you can understand.

Nice story. The Stones helped you through some tough times. I have mixed feelings about ABB as an album. In general, I would like to see the Stones write new music and feature it heavily on any subsequent tour.

There is just so much that factors into what Mick ultimately chooses for a set-list. Hopefully, they dump the stadium shows this time around so it frees them up a bit more. I am sick and tired of the same old warhorses being played tour after tour. Unfortunately, I don't have any control over the set-lists.

Date: August 27, 2012 19:50

lunar!!!
GumbootCloggeroo
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

..made me think of johnny rivers immediately....

Him too!thumbs up

Date: August 27, 2012 19:52

Nice story. The Stones helped you through some tough times. I have mixed feelings about ABB as an album. In general, I would like to see the Stones write new music and feature it heavily on any subsequent tour.

There is just so much that factors into what Mick ultimately chooses for a set-list. Hopefully, they dump the stadium shows this time around so it frees them up a bit more. I am sick and tired of the same old warhorses being played tour after tour. Unfortunately, I don't have any control over the set-lists.

Well what do you know, another thing we agree on!

Date: August 27, 2012 19:54

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
This is it, righ there:

Fortunately that whole big world does not include such tripe as that garbage Sons Of The Beatles...

There are forces at work as we speak that are working towards that end. Lots of roadblocks, but hopefully, someday, it becomes a reality. We shall see. smiling smiley

Date: August 27, 2012 20:03

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

Well what do you know, another thing we agree on!

I leave messages on Mick's answering machine all the time that he should let me choose the song list. He never returns my calls! He is as stubborn as you!smiling smiley

Date: August 27, 2012 20:40

GumbootCloggeroo
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

You ask a lot of questions. Why?smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-27 21:25 by MightyStonesStillRollin50.

Date: August 27, 2012 23:27

GumbootCloggeroo
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

You ask a lot of questions. Why?smiling smiley

Well, I have some questions for you, gumboot.

Date: August 28, 2012 07:44

Looks like the month is off to a flying start with the encore showing of the "Charlie" documentary at the NY Film Festival.

Date: August 28, 2012 07:49

Looks like the month is off to a flying start with the encore showing of the "Charlie" documentary at the NY Film Festival.

The perfect night to call up the little bit of Irish I have in me!

Date: August 28, 2012 18:34

The encore showing is October 3.

Date: August 29, 2012 04:09

I have decided to keep one eye on September, one eye on October, and one eye on November. And do a juggling act at the same time.

Date: August 29, 2012 04:11

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
This is it, righ there:

There are forces at work as we speak that are working towards that end. Lots of roadblocks, but hopefully, someday, it becomes a reality. We shall see. smiling smiley

"As we speak"? Really? You had to say that?

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1510
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home