Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 5 of 8
Re: All Eyes Now On October!
Date: August 18, 2012 23:05

71Tele
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
StonesTod
would you settle for a flicker of glory?

No. Maybe a glint.

How about a glimmer?

I'll take that, post, current or pre, as long as it involves unreleased glimmering material.

Date: August 18, 2012 23:07

MightyStonesStillRollin50
stonesnow
lunar!!!
lunar!!!
mickschix
I've given up all hope.....I am weary of waiting...think I'll spend my tour $$....JOKING! But not really....I think that if this is their way of building tension, they've played it out far too long.

this whole 'building tension' thing.....never really bought into that one....i got a feeling that the stones really don't have a plan...that there really is nothing going on..or gonna happen at all...and that they are maybe just looking for a semi-graceful way to exit without embarrassment.....definitely weary...that's the only thing that IS certain.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzsad smiley

The plan is to go out in a "Blaze Of Glory". Lot's of "lovely things" headed our way over the next 11 months and hopefully beyond. Buckle up, and get ready for one last "joy ride"!

...don't know how fans will afford these "lovely things" but am hoping (against hope) that the band (read: Jagger) will realize that maybe for once it CAN'T be about the $$$ and make it about the legacy....i know...i got ahold of some of the hallucinogenics going on around here...

Money is always a factor, but rest assured they want to close out their careers in the same fashion that they close their concerts. It is going to be really exciting to watch the next 11 months (and hopefully beyond) play out. I am looking forward to new music and some great live performances. That is the only way they can truly go out in a "Blaze of Glory". I don't expect them to let me down. They haven't so far.

You must be an insider if you know what the plan is. And why would they want to close out their careers when numerous of their contemporaries are continuing on and therefore surpassing them? It's pretty obvious what Townshend and Daltrey are still capable of, why not the Stones, just because they haven't performed in a few years?

Well, they certainly have an abundance of 50th anniversaries ahead of them over the next ten years right up until the 50th anniversary of Exile in 2022. I hope they go on forever. Maybe they could do an open ended tour and just go until one of them expires. In the meantime lets just get through the next 11 months or so and see how things look at that point? Maybe they surprise us and are still together for their 60th in ten years.

It's not 11 months anymore seeing that August 11th or 12th, whatever you like, is over a week gone.

Date: August 18, 2012 23:08

proudmary
Funny coincidence, Mighty - you wrote "all eyes" and now this trick with the eyes on their Facebook page
I hope nevertheless that the news will appear earlier than October

Reality is often stranger than fiction.

Sure would be nice to actually see the band doing a live performance on Halloween night.

I would guess that they will announce the release date of the documentary pretty soon now. That is most likely the next bit of news coming forth from them. Could be released in October?

Hence the question, it MAY be earlier but most likely later.

Date: August 18, 2012 23:34

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
stonesnow
lunar!!!
lunar!!!
mickschix
I've given up all hope.....I am weary of waiting...think I'll spend my tour $$....JOKING! But not really....I think that if this is their way of building tension, they've played it out far too long.

this whole 'building tension' thing.....never really bought into that one....i got a feeling that the stones really don't have a plan...that there really is nothing going on..or gonna happen at all...and that they are maybe just looking for a semi-graceful way to exit without embarrassment.....definitely weary...that's the only thing that IS certain.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzsad smiley

The plan is to go out in a "Blaze Of Glory". Lot's of "lovely things" headed our way over the next 11 months and hopefully beyond. Buckle up, and get ready for one last "joy ride"!

...don't know how fans will afford these "lovely things" but am hoping (against hope) that the band (read: Jagger) will realize that maybe for once it CAN'T be about the $$$ and make it about the legacy....i know...i got ahold of some of the hallucinogenics going on around here...

Money is always a factor, but rest assured they want to close out their careers in the same fashion that they close their concerts. It is going to be really exciting to watch the next 11 months (and hopefully beyond) play out. I am looking forward to new music and some great live performances. That is the only way they can truly go out in a "Blaze of Glory". I don't expect them to let me down. They haven't so far.

You must be an insider if you know what the plan is. And why would they want to close out their careers when numerous of their contemporaries are continuing on and therefore surpassing them? It's pretty obvious what Townshend and Daltrey are still capable of, why not the Stones, just because they haven't performed in a few years?

Well, they certainly have an abundance of 50th anniversaries ahead of them over the next ten years right up until the 50th anniversary of Exile in 2022. I hope they go on forever. Maybe they could do an open ended tour and just go until one of them expires. In the meantime lets just get through the next 11 months or so and see how things look at that point? Maybe they surprise us and are still together for their 60th in ten years.

It's not 11 months anymore seeing that August 11th or 12th, whatever you like, is over a week gone.

True, the window is narrowing with each passing day.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: August 19, 2012 00:02

DandelionPowderman
Dig up some more dreams, Revvy, be it "Two Trains", SNL, July 12 or Rocktober winking smiley

I am quite sure it isn't Revvy - the Rev is in Australia, where October is springtime, and I do not think they celebrate Halloween. All references point to the US.

Date: August 19, 2012 00:02

...the window is narrowing with each passing day.

How PROFOUND! I'm just stymied.

ASTOUNDING! - USA Today

AMAZING! - ROLLING STONE

STARTLING! - TIME Magazine

OLD HAT - The Onion

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: August 19, 2012 03:17

Sure, and my cousin is related to Bernard and he said November starts the tour to end all tours....

Date: August 19, 2012 03:54

mickschix
Sure, and my cousin is related to Bernard and he said November starts the tour to end all tours....

Ask him what Bernard's plans are for Halloween night.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: August 19, 2012 06:47

Bernard will be Down Under....visiting relatives...not on tour.

Date: August 19, 2012 06:58

flacnvinyl
What birthday party? Did I miss something? If the Stones are going to celebrate 50 years as a band, they need to be a band! What other bands takes 6 year breaks between work?

When was the last time the Beach Boys toured prior to this summer? The legendary NW band the Sonics took a nearly 40 year break and are now back stronger than ever. Five/six years is really a drop in the bucket over 50 years.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 19, 2012 07:14

When was the last time the Beach Boys toured prior to this summer?

Last summer. They tour every summer.

[oldies.about.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-19 07:16 by tatters.

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: August 19, 2012 08:59

tatters

[oldies.about.com]

Indeed. The members of the Beach Boys have been quite active for years...prior to this year's tour, Mike and Bruce perform as the Beach Boys every summer, Al Jardine has his own band, and Brian has been touring regularly with his solo band since 1999...an amazing feat considering his long-documented emotional problems.

After the death of Carl Wilson in 1998, the members split into different camps, but the music has always been kept alive across different platforms without any down time whatsoever. This year's tour features a 40+ song set full of both the hits and deep cuts, with early member David Marks filling in for Carl on lead guitar. Quite a feat considering all the personal and legal squabbles the band has been through...and they actually seem to be getting along well!

And oh, by the way, they also recorded a critically-acclaimed new studio album...with plans for another one in the near future.

I love the Stones, but at least the Beach Boys are out there doing something...and doing it well. Hell, even Mike Nesmith realized time is short and is doing a Monkees tour with Micky and Peter later this year (only 12 shows though!) The Monkees show I saw last year (with Micky, Peter and Davy-RIP) was another good example of how to do it right...long show, full of deep cuts (material from "Head", etc.)...really well done.

If the Beach Boys and Monkees can do it, so can the Stones.

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: August 19, 2012 14:33

DandelionPowderman
Dig up some more dreams, Revvy, be it "Two Trains", SNL, July 12 or Rocktober

1) I don't know why this notion of me posting under alternate names persists.
In all my 18 internet years I have never posted under more than one easily
recognizable identity at a time. Others here do it, but not me. Call me old-
fashioned.

2) FWIW, I now find the possibility of the Stones doing any further substantial
work, of any kind, beyond the realm of even my imagination. Except MAYBE the
farewell festival concept. Short energetic sets of monster hits for acres
of wasted rock kids. Perfect! But ONLY if Keith sincerely and unequivocably
announces his retirement in conjunction with these shows. Which seems unlikely.

3) Otherwise, I'll take Jagger at his word. A few horribly anti-climactic
expensive arena shows later this year to put the last nail into their coffin.
I really hate this scenario. But what must be must be.

4) I never thought in a million years that these old soldiers would just fade
away like this. I'm not saying for sure that is what they're doing. But I'm not
anymore saying it ain't.

Date: August 19, 2012 18:46

Jah Paul
tatters

[oldies.about.com]

Indeed. The members of the Beach Boys have been quite active for years...prior to this year's tour, Mike and Bruce perform as the Beach Boys every summer, Al Jardine has his own band, and Brian has been touring regularly with his solo band since 1999...an amazing feat considering his long-documented emotional problems.

After the death of Carl Wilson in 1998, the members split into different camps, but the music has always been kept alive across different platforms without any down time whatsoever. This year's tour features a 40+ song set full of both the hits and deep cuts, with early member David Marks filling in for Carl on lead guitar. Quite a feat considering all the personal and legal squabbles the band has been through...and they actually seem to be getting along well!

And oh, by the way, they also recorded a critically-acclaimed new studio album...with plans for another one in the near future.

I love the Stones, but at least the Beach Boys are out there doing something...and doing it well. Hell, even Mike Nesmith realized time is short and is doing a Monkees tour with Micky and Peter later this year (only 12 shows though!) The Monkees show I saw last year (with Micky, Peter and Davy-RIP) was another good example of how to do it right...long show, full of deep cuts (material from "Head", etc.)...really well done.

And they, (the Stones) soon will.

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize they have been performing as the Beach Boys all these years. Used to be a big fan back in the sixties.

Date: August 19, 2012 18:50

tatters

[oldies.about.com]

Damn, I hate being corrected by you, tatters!smiling smiley

I shall stick to my expertise of anticipating the next move of Mick Jagger!

Date: August 19, 2012 19:02

superrevvy
DandelionPowderman

fashioned.

anymore saying it ain't.

revvy, didn't know you could be such a downer.

I am recommending you study the Donald Sutherland character (Oddball) in the 1970 Clint Eastwood movie Kelley's Heroes. That should snap you out of it!smiling smiley

Date: August 19, 2012 19:19

superrevvy
DandelionPowderman

fashioned.

anymore saying it ain't.

I am recommending you study the Donald Sutherland character (Oddball) in the 1970 Clint Eastwood movie Kelley's Heroes. That should snap you out of it!smiling smiley

In fact, I am recommending this to all who wallow in negativity.

Now, like Mick told you on SNL during 'The Last Time': "I'll See Ya In The Fall"!smoking smiley

We shall meet up again, when the autumn winds are upon us and Halloween is nigh.

Until then, Keep The Faith. And keep your EYES peeled!

Date: August 19, 2012 19:39

tatters

[oldies.about.com]

Damn, I hate being corrected by you, tatters!smiling smiley

I shall stick to my expertise of anticipating the next move of Mick Jagger!

And just what does your "expertise of anticipating" serve you other than a bunch of blather that you spout here?

Date: August 19, 2012 19:41

superrevvy
DandelionPowderman

fashioned.

anymore saying it ain't.

That's not a downer, that's reality. Something you can't seem to comprehend. The only way for anyone's mind to be changed is for them to do something - and do it well, not poorly - to have their mind changed.

Date: August 19, 2012 19:43

Jah Paul
tatters

[oldies.about.com]

But they already have.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: August 19, 2012 20:07

stonesnow
What happened to the work ethic of the Rolling Stones?...Are they merely popping champagne corks and toasting themselves into oblivion? How much longer can this self-congratulatory semi-existence of theirs continue on?

Well said.
What happened to their work ethic? Mick, Charlie and Ron have been quite busy lately. Bill and Mick T have also been touring.
The champagne will keep popping, product will still be out there.
New music? New songs? Any capacity of live playing whatsoever? No way.

They're done for one reason, and one reason only in that respect. Their (by far, musically) weakest link is also The Seond Most Famous. They just won't lance that boil, cut out that cancer.

Mick should bring Charlie and/or Ronnie and/or Taylor on a smaller-scale All Star Blues Tour. Maybe Keeeeef could find someone to type himself another book.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: August 19, 2012 20:14

superrevvy
DandelionPowderman

fashioned.

anymore saying it ain't.

Ha...NO NEGATIVE VIBES, MAN.smoking smiley

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: August 19, 2012 20:17

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Jah Paul
tatters

[oldies.about.com]

But they already have.

I tend to agree. As a longtime Beach Boys and Monkees fan, it was so cool to see them do shows that featured a lot of rarely performed songs (b-sides, deep cuts, etc.)...instead of just going through the motions playing the hits (i.e., warhorses). I saw both of them on their most recent tours and each show was infinitely more interesting than the last couple of times I saw the Stones in 2006.

With their catalogue, the Stones should be able to put something together equally interesting, but they won't...I don't think they can at this point. If we see them at all, it'll be the same old routine we've had since 1989...god forbid if they deviate from the formula.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: August 19, 2012 20:20

mickschix

Well, stonescrow and the watchman warned us a long time ago that it was going to be a long wait. October will be here before you know it.

WOW.

OK, I've had enough of this.
Look, you crackpot. You've already ADMITTED here in the past that you WERE stonescrow AND thewatchman.

Now your "wish really, really hard and Mick will ride to us all on a unicorn" schtick is merely mildly annoying, but you really, really lose credibility acting like this, referring to your other names as if they were other people.

This place is not a platform for your drama. I'm afraid any unpleasant feedback you may get from us here is QUITE deserved.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: August 19, 2012 20:39

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
superrevvy
DandelionPowderman

fashioned.

anymore saying it ain't.

That's not a downer, that's reality. Something you can't seem to comprehend. The only way for anyone's mind to be changed is for them to do something - and do it well, not poorly - to have their mind changed.

No, it's your perception of reality. Just like it was your perception that their 50th anniversary had little or no meaning to them. Recently you couldn't comprehend why it was a "no-brainer" that they would come together on their 50th birthday. No, it's your false perception of reality. And, by the way, they have been "doing it well" for 50 years in case you haven't noticed. I have no doubt they will continue doing it well. Anyway, you are cutting into my vacation. We will discuss this further on the night of the full moon two days before Halloween.

Date: August 19, 2012 20:52

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
superrevvy
DandelionPowderman

fashioned.

anymore saying it ain't.

No, it's your perception of reality. Just like it was your perception that their 50th anniversary had little or no meaning to them. Recently you couldn't comprehend why it was a "no-brainer" that they would come together on their 50th birthday. No, it's your false perception of reality. And, by the way, they have been "doing it well" for 50 years in case you haven't noticed. I have no doubt they will continue doing it well. Anyway, you are cutting into my vacation. We will discuss this further on the night of the full moon two days before Halloween.

I couldn't comprehend them getting together? No, I got that. The let down was they walked in, stood still for less than a minute, and left.

That's really making something of it, isn't it. At least you think so. You seem to think 'existing' as a band name only while having done nothing as a 'band' since August of 2007 as part of "doing it well for 50 years" then have it. The rest of us know the truth.

Date: August 19, 2012 21:13

jamesfdouglas
mickschix

Well, stonescrow and the watchman warned us a long time ago that it was going to be a long wait. October will be here before you know it.

WOW.

Look, you crackpot. You've already ADMITTED here in the past that you WERE stonescrow AND thewatchman.

Now your "wish really, really hard and Mick will ride to us all on a unicorn" schtick is merely mildly annoying, but you really, really lose credibility acting like this, referring to your other names as if they were other people.

This place is not a platform for your drama. I'm afraid any unpleasant feedback you may get from us here is QUITE deserved.

Oh come on, James, stop trying to cast me as some kind of monster. The facts are the facts. You were warned a long time ago it was going to be a long wait. Why not be thankful that there were voices out there that had your best interests at heart? My only wish is that many of you stop being so negative and have a little more faith in your/our Rolling Stones. The next 10 months or so is going to be one of the greatest periods in Rolling Stones history. There is just so much coming our way. And Keith is going to be just fine. Let's all try and enjoy each other for who we are as individuals. And try not to be so controlling. Anyway, I have been trying to get ready to go on vacation for an hour now. Let's resume this conversation in late October and see where we are at.smileys with beer

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: August 19, 2012 21:19

jamesfdouglas
mickschix

WOW.

Oh come on, James, stop trying to cast me as some kind of monster. The facts are the facts. You were warned a long time ago it was going to be a long wait. Why not be thankful that there were voices out there that had your best interests at heart? My only wish is that many of you stop being so negative and have a little more faith in your/our Rolling Stones. The next 10 months or so is going to be one of the greatest periods in Rolling Stones history. There is just so much coming our way. And Keith is going to be just fine. Let's all try and enjoy each other for who we are as individuals. And try not to be so controlling. Anyway, I have been trying to get ready to go on vacation for an hour now. Let's resume this conversation in late October and see where we are at.smileys with beer

Please, you are so dumb i can´t find words for it...

"The next 10 months or so is going to be one of the greatest periods in Rolling Stones history"

Now, take your medication and go to bed, then go away from here forever, no one want´s your stupid predictions about things that never will happen.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: August 19, 2012 21:32

?????????????

Have a drink ....drinking smiley

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 19, 2012 22:02

JumpinJeppeFlash
Now, take your medication and go to bed, then go away from here forever, no one want´s your stupid predictions about things that never will happen.

i agree he should take whatever meds are needed. but let him go to bed on his own acccord. and i want's his stupid predictions about things that never will happen.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 5 of 8

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1321
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home