Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345678Next
Current Page: 1 of 8
All Eyes Now On October!
Date: August 14, 2012 05:21

The 50th birthday party was fantastic. A PR home run. But, the best is yet to come!

There is something magical and mysterious about the month of October. It fits "our" Rolling Stones perfectly.

We have a thing in my little village (nicknamed Sleepy Hollow) we call the 'Season of the Witch'. It begins on October 17 and runs through Halloween night. It is a time when sorcerers call up the "sleeping". Time to awaken the Stones!

Beware, the autumn winds shall soon be upon us! And so shall the Stones!

Re: All Eyes Now On October!
Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: August 14, 2012 05:32

they're just not that into us

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: August 14, 2012 05:42

What birthday party? Did I miss something? If the Stones are going to celebrate 50 years as a band, they need to be a band! What other bands takes 6 year breaks between work?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 14, 2012 06:04

You missed the anniversary celebration? It was amazing. They actually walked the red carpet and posed for photos together. Best of all, they never played a note of music. It was like the SHINE A LIGHT premiere all over again except this time Ronnie didn't go off the rails with a teenage Russian prostitute.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 14, 2012 07:29

Here we go again...

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: August 14, 2012 07:38

I wish it was 1973. Damn!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 14, 2012 09:10

When the documentary will be released? That might be the next "big event" to show up...

- Doxa

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 14, 2012 09:50

.................... Miss July was better

ROCKMAN

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: August 14, 2012 10:10

Doxa
When the documentary will be released? That might be the next "big event" to show up

They made a documentary about the 50th birthday party?

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Date: August 14, 2012 14:58

MightyStonesStillRollin50
The 50th birthday party was fantastic. A PR home run. But, the best is yet to come!

There is something magical and mysterious about the month of October. It fits "our" Rolling Stones perfectly.

We have a thing in my little village (nicknamed Sleepy Hollow) we call the 'Season of the Witch'. It begins on October 17 and runs through Halloween night. It is a time when sorcerers call up the "sleeping". Time to awaken the Stones!

Uh huh. More crap to push here? Didn't you disappear around July 12? Why didn't you stay away? Glad your little town is going to wake up for October. Perhaps you should blog about it so nobody can read it.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 14, 2012 15:32

Only if you agree to be put to sleep.

Date: August 14, 2012 15:35

Dig up some more dreams, Revvy, be it "Two Trains", SNL, July 12 or Rocktober winking smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 14, 2012 17:10

Welcome back, MSSR50. You're the man!

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: August 14, 2012 17:31

Oh no, he's back! Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: August 14, 2012 19:34

Imma hijack dis thred!! Brand new Tame Impala is keeping me happy! Believe it or not there are other bands out there producing fantastic music!

1:13 it gets real fun...

If the Stones do something, I will be there. Until then, there is plenty of good music out there!

Date: August 14, 2012 20:33

What happens when October comes and goes with no dramatic event? What's the next big date to watch for? I want to be ahead of the game.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 14, 2012 20:43

71Tele
What happens when October comes and goes with no dramatic event? What's the next big date to watch for? I want to be ahead of the game.

the fall classic? that's in october and is usually filled with drama.

Date: August 14, 2012 20:47

StonesTod
71Tele

Yeah, but if the Yankees get in I might give it a pass this year.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 14, 2012 22:03

Rockman - I like your calendar!

Bjornulf

Posted by: R ()
Date: August 14, 2012 22:37

flacnvinyl
Imma hijack dis thred!! Brand new Tame Impala is keeping me happy! Believe it or not there are other bands out there producing fantastic music!

1:13 it gets real fun...

If the Stones do something, I will be there. Until then, there is plenty of good music out there!

My 15 year old son and I made a point of seeing this band at Lollapalooza last week. THey were my son's pick and, man, he nailed it. Looking very much forward to this record.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 14, 2012 22:39

Welcome back MightyStonesStillRollin50

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 15, 2012 00:01

Rockman - I like your calendar!

Thanks Bjornulf .... I thought I best keep it tasteful...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: August 15, 2012 02:36

I've given up all hope.....I am weary of waiting...think I'll spend my tour $$....JOKING! But not really....I think that if this is their way of building tension, they've played it out far too long.

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: August 15, 2012 02:47

Please could you tell us were you got those mushrooms?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 15, 2012 02:49

.................................. All Eyes Now On October!

I think all most eyes are rolling at this point.eye rolling smiley

even though our teachers always told us "DONT YOU ROLL YOUR EYES AT ME MR!!...
but she was full of it... the answer actually was on the cieling... with the gold.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: August 15, 2012 04:20

Actually, one tires of this 50th anniversary business rather quickly. Since when did the Stones become so locked into merely looking back without at the same time working their way forward? True, they did a 25th anniversary nod with their 25x5 doc in 1989 (although shouldn't that have been, by present calculations, occurring in 1987 instead?), but they were also being productive with new songs and a major tour as well. Their 40th anniversary nod didn't leave any lasting impact--40 Licks is now out of print. The point is, the Stones always acknowledged their history--with their concert setlist, yet in spite of that "big black shadow we carry around," as Keith Richards once described their history, they always managed somehow to be a part of the present, with the combined force of their personalities and their performances busting through all the ageist commentary and derision to forge on indefinitely no matter what...and now, where has that spirit gone? They vowed they would continue on with recording and touring until they dropped. What is so important about a 50th anniversary? A photo book? A documentary DVD? With their pattern of work habits, they should have just now been wrapping up another big tour, and there should have been already another new album to either cherish or despise.

What happened to the work ethic of the Rolling Stones?...Are they merely popping champagne corks and toasting themselves into oblivion? How much longer can this self-congratulatory semi-existence of theirs continue on?

Date: August 15, 2012 05:48

71Tele

It will be how MightyStonesStillRollin50 becomes MightyStonesNotRollin51?

Date: August 15, 2012 05:49

StonesTod
71Tele

Actually and technically it's not - at least when it comes to baseball, the most boring "sport" in the world next to golf. America's Get Fat Time.

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: August 15, 2012 05:52

im with you mssr50,my brothers friends with bernard,and he was told not to make any plans after september.

Date: August 15, 2012 05:53

backstreetboy1
im with you mssr50,my brothers friends with bernard,and he was told not to make any plans after september.

You saying that is way more believable than some MightyStandingStill50.

Regardless, I don't believe even less than 1% of it.

Goto Page: 12345678Next
Current Page: 1 of 8

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1532
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home