Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 11 of 15
Re: Stones to appear in London on July 12
Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 13, 2012 00:17

DandelionPowderman
shortfatfanny
DandelionPowderman
spsimmons
Nice to hear that they were together. I really hope there's a pic of all of them with Mick T and Bill. Otherwise, what a let down. Guess my hopes were too high!

There will probably be pictures together with them, too - but not offical band pictures, because they´re not in the band.

DP,I think everyone is aware that they are not in the band...but have been for 21 and 5 years...
Promoting "50" without any photo with all of them so far is kind of disappointing because they deserved some kind of tribute as well being long and/or important part of those 50 years.
Ronnie´s a band member officially for 19 years,if I´m not wrong...
Ok,I´m too sentimental...sigh.

I don´t disagree, but it won´t happen - it´s a business...

However, I think you will get your shot, no matter how "un-official" it may be smileys with beer

Yep,cheers...smileys with beer

Posted by: RITA ()
Date: July 13, 2012 01:00

WE LOVE YOU
now and for ever

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: July 13, 2012 01:07

what happened to the video clips of this i thought it was going to be on a live feed in some places?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 13, 2012 01:28

melillo
i thought it was going to be on a live feed

Maybe you thought wrong ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: beepee ()
Date: July 13, 2012 01:33

Lots of dickheads in there.

Saw two of them pointing intentionally 2 teenagers to the wrong direction when they asked if Mick was still in (he was).

Date: July 13, 2012 01:36

Rolling Hansie
melillo
i thought it was going to be on a live feed

Maybe you thought wrong ?

I really did read that somewhere yesterday just cant remember where

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: July 13, 2012 02:15

sooo in otherwords...the 50th was all about (in my best MJ impression) "go to rs.com & buy our @#$%& book".....

Date: July 13, 2012 02:21

detroitken
sooo in otherwords...the 50th was all about (in my best MJ impression) "go to rs.com & buy our @#$%& book".....

exactly, a whole bunch of nothin, and btw what are they rehearsing for their health?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-13 02:31 by melillo.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: July 13, 2012 02:49

And so, they have indeed appeared in London July 12. There is a gallery of 50 historic photos at the end of the article.

www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/going-out/music/rolling-stones-at-50-band-spend-1141540

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-13 03:10 by stonesnow.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 13, 2012 03:01

detroitken

"And if you have something to complain about, go to @#$%& iorr.org"...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-13 03:02 by Doxa.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: July 13, 2012 03:51

beepee

There's a few in here as well.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: July 13, 2012 05:02

carouslambra
Been a Stones fan too long to expect miracles. New book out todayPlus 50th anniversary so it seems obvious that they would hold numerous promos press conferances to promote it. Bill and Mick T rightly invited as they were both a huge part of the 50 glorious years. We would all love a tour but at their age would you want to trek round the world again.

As a matter of fact, YES I WOULD! smoking smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 13, 2012 06:04

Send It To me
carouslambra
Been a Stones fan too long to expect miracles. New book out todayPlus 50th anniversary so it seems obvious that they would hold numerous promos press conferances to promote it. Bill and Mick T rightly invited as they were both a huge part of the 50 glorious years. We would all love a tour but at their age would you want to trek round the world again.

As a matter of fact, YES I WOULD! smoking smiley

And see all the people that love me? Of course I would.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 13, 2012 11:01

Finally an announcement, even a bit too late...

- Doxa

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 13, 2012 12:31

Ian Rankin tweeted a pic of him with Mick (taken by Alan Yentob). Also said that after a few drinks he tried to persuade Tom Stoppard (what was he doing there?!) to write a play about the band!

[twitpic.com]

Date: July 13, 2012 12:57

DandelionPowderman
shortfatfanny
DandelionPowderman
spsimmons
Nice to hear that they were together. I really hope there's a pic of all of them with Mick T and Bill. Otherwise, what a let down. Guess my hopes were too high!

There will probably be pictures together with them, too - but not offical band pictures, because they´re not in the band.

DP,I think everyone is aware that they are not in the band...but have been for 21 and 5 years...
Promoting "50" without any photo with all of them so far is kind of disappointing because they deserved some kind of tribute as well being long and/or important part of those 50 years.

However, I think you will get your shot, no matter how "un-official" it may be smileys with beer

stupid me...31 years of course...eye rolling smiley

Posted by: MRambler ()
Date: July 13, 2012 13:28

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: July 13, 2012 14:57

Nice pic, MRambler. Keith's left hand looks okay.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 13, 2012 15:18

jazzbass
beepee

There's a few in here as well.

how can i help you?

Date: July 13, 2012 15:19

Elmo Lewis
Nice pic, MRambler. Keith's left hand looks okay.

keith - pleaaase put the hat back on.

mick - please return bill's hair...tell him you'll exchange it back for the rest of him.

Date: July 13, 2012 15:40

Ladies and gentlemen... The Rolling Stones!! 50 years ago the greatest Rock n roll band in the world played there first ever gig at London's Marquee club! The defining ground breaking musical journey began, influencing many of there musical peers along the way! But we can't forget there rhythm and blues musical forbearers... Bo Diddley, Howlin Wolf, Muddy Waters and the great Chuck Berry! Thanks lads for getting the ball rolling, i salute you!

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: July 13, 2012 16:57

I was just watching the local news this morning and on the "news ticker" at the bottom of the screen one of the headlines was "Rolling stones plan 50th Anniversary Tour"

Date: July 13, 2012 17:02

ryanpow
I was just watching the local news this morning and on the "news ticker" at the bottom of the screen one of the headlines was "Rolling stones plan 50th Anniversary Tour"

it's official, then. news tickers rock.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 13, 2012 17:11

shortfatfanny
DandelionPowderman
shortfatfanny
DandelionPowderman
spsimmons

oh no you're not! don't be self-defeating like that.

Unfortunately, I think you're math is still out, if you're referring to Ronnie. That would be 36 or 37 years, depending on whether he 'joined' in '75 for the tour, or '76 for BnB.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: July 13, 2012 17:12

StonesTod
ryanpow

it's official, then. news tickers rock.

Not the most official source, I just thought it was note-worthy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-13 17:16 by ryanpow.

Date: July 13, 2012 17:15

ryanpow
Its where I get all my news. I just put the TV on mute.

when you dim the screen, i also find it works reasonably well as a mirror.

Date: July 13, 2012 17:18

Date: July 13, 2012 17:20

treaclefingers
shortfatfanny
DandelionPowderman
shortfatfanny
DandelionPowderman
spsimmons

Unfortunately, I think you're math is still out, if you're referring to Ronnie. That would be 36 or 37 years, depending on whether he 'joined' in '75 for the tour, or '76 for BnB.

regardless from my bad math I supposed he was announced to be a member officially in 1993...but I might be wrong.
nonetheless this business/army thing I simply don´t get.
what would´ve taken from the actual 4 to invite Bill and Mick T to a short meeting in public...
although there´s the possibity both refused to...

Date: July 13, 2012 17:21

Date: July 13, 2012 17:36

shortfatfanny
treaclefingers
shortfatfanny
DandelionPowderman
shortfatfanny
DandelionPowderman
spsimmons

regardless from my bad math I supposed he was announced to be a member officially in 1993...but I might be wrong.
nonetheless this business/army thing I simply don´t get.
what would´ve taken from the actual 4 to invite Bill and Mick T to a short meeting in public...
although there´s the possibity both refused to...

I think he was a member of the band since the 70s...I believe in '93 they decided to actually pay him, due to the Wyman windfall.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 11 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 3174
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home