Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 10 of 15
Re: Stones to appear in London on July 12
Posted by: rogue ()
Date: July 12, 2012 21:43

Soon but this is not from the current event happening now in London. Is there a live feed of anything from Somerset house?

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: July 12, 2012 22:04

They were at Somerset House yesterday. There is no Stones event there today. Remember they havent played together for 5 years so there is not going to be any secret gigs etc.

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: July 12, 2012 22:17

carouslambra
They were at Somerset House yesterday. There is no Stones event there today. Remember they havent played together for 5 years so there is not going to be any secret gigs etc.

smiling smiley - [twitter.com]

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: July 12, 2012 22:21

From outside a very wet Somerset House

Definite sightings:
Mick Hucknall + Bill Wyman
Sir Tim Rice
Ian Rankin
Mick Taylor
Ronnie Wood

Probables:
Patti + Daughter (I get all these blonde models mixed up)
Phil Manzanera

Bill wore a jacket rather than the cardigan he favoured for the Ronnie Wood gig and looked all the better for it.

I asked Ian what had transpired inside and he said it was very much a celebration of the last 50 years (hence Wyman and Taylor) and that Ronnie was on fine form.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 12, 2012 22:31

Well, now we know that Taylor and Wyman were also present. That's the most important news so far.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: July 12, 2012 22:47

It's been the dampest of damp squibs - no rarities such as The Stones at The Beeb, no deluxe cds, just appearances on the news channels plugging a book and an exhibition. Thin gruel and short-change spring to mind.

Posted by: milio77 ()
Date: July 12, 2012 22:49

StonesTod
milio77
It's been a long time since my last post here at iorr, but the 50 anniversary thing got me excited about the Stones once more and this is the place to be.

Looking forward to know what happens this evening in London. Let's hope for some great announcement, whatever it is...

i hear they are going to announce that milio77 is posting again on iorr...

>grinning smiley<

I better start practicing for the world tour ahead...

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: July 12, 2012 22:51

I was there outside a very wet Somerset House just now.

Mick J and Ronnie were spotted leaving in separate cars.

Mick Taylor just walked out from around the corner - I got to shake hands with him and compliment him on last Friday's show.

Apart from that, nothing to report....

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: July 12, 2012 22:51

SwayStones
rogue

If they are going to "tour" in some way or another then today is the day to announce it. Otherwise, why bother with all this unless it is just a book/dvd promo.

Yes indeed.You're right.

Thursday is also the prime news day ahead of the weekend, and if it is indeed correct what Ron Wood said about announcing upcoming gigs this week, then we shall definitely hear about it today... if not, then sometime in the fall.

Posted by: beepee ()
Date: July 12, 2012 22:52

Yes, saw everyone leaving except Keith. I tried to get Mick Hucknall's wristband as he was walking out, first agreed and at the last second said no. That didn't seem to last long.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 12, 2012 22:56

Some pictures:

[www.wireimage.co.uk]

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 12, 2012 22:58

carouslambra
They were at Somerset House yesterday. There is no Stones event there today.

You should really come in here more often smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 12, 2012 23:02

Hm...some meet and greet,some chatting...not a single photo together yet with Mick Taylor and Bill ?

Guess I´m too romantic....

Date: July 12, 2012 23:04

shortfatfanny
Hm...some meet and greet,some chatting...not a single photo together yet with Mick Taylor and Bill ?

That would have been nice, but it was just what I expected: much ado about nothing.

Date: July 12, 2012 23:07

kleermaker
but it was just what I expected

That's good. At least you are not disappointed then

-------------------

Date: July 12, 2012 23:10

Rolling Hansie
kleermaker
but it was just what I expected

That's good. At least you are not disappointed then

Indeed, I'm not, as for the Stones.

But talking about the Tour ... a black day for the Dutch and so sorry for Van Garderen.

Date: July 12, 2012 23:12

kleermaker
shortfatfanny

That would have been nice, but it was just what I expected: much ado about nothing.

In case they´ll announce something about a couple of shows as rumoured there might be second chance ...got my doubts,to be honest.

Date: July 12, 2012 23:12

kleermaker
But talking about the Tour ... a black day for the Dutch and so sorry for Van Garderen.

Ah, now you are talking about THE Tour

-------------------

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: July 12, 2012 23:20

Nice to hear that they were together. I really hope there's a pic of all of them with Mick T and Bill. Otherwise, what a let down. Guess my hopes were too high!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 12, 2012 23:24

So it's all still a mystery? Well played I suppose. Should build more hype.

Posted by: champ72 ()
Date: July 12, 2012 23:30

spsimmons
Nice to hear that they were together. I really hope there's a pic of all of them with Mick T and Bill. Otherwise, what a let down. Guess my hopes were too high!

+1

Date: July 12, 2012 23:34

spsimmons

There will probably be pictures together with them, too - but not offical band pictures, because they´re not in the band.

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: July 12, 2012 23:35

Been a Stones fan too long to expect miracles. New book out todayPlus 50th anniversary so it seems obvious that they would hold numerous promos press conferances to promote it. Bill and Mick T rightly invited as they were both a huge part of the 50 glorious years. We would all love a tour but at their age would you want to trek round the world again.

Date: July 12, 2012 23:43

DandelionPowderman
spsimmons

There will probably be pictures together with them, too - but not offical band pictures, because they´re not in the band.

DP,I think everyone is aware that they are not in the band...but have been for 21 and 5 years...
Promoting "50" without any photo with all of them so far is kind of disappointing because they deserved some kind of tribute as well being long and/or important part of those 50 years.
Ronnie´s a band member officially for 19 years,if I´m not wrong...
Ok,I´m too sentimental...sigh.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: July 12, 2012 23:43

so at the end of all, nothing interesting really happened , no?!

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: July 12, 2012 23:44

I don't want a tour: just a decent reissue programme. 2cd deluxe editions would be nice, instead of music, they have gone for image: images in a coffee table book and at Somerset House. I am really disappointed.

Surely Chuck Leavell can give them tips as to how well the Allmans have handled their reissues and archive cds ?

Date: July 12, 2012 23:45

tomcasagranda
I don't want a tour: just a decent reissue programme. 2cd deluxe editions would be nice, instead of music, they have gone for image: images in a coffee table book and at Somerset House. I am really disappointed.

Surely Chuck Leavell can give them tips as to how well the Allmans have handled their reissues and archive cds ?

I want a 10 CD deluxe edition...

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: July 12, 2012 23:54

There will be a tour of some sort, there will be some shows.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-13 00:17 by Woz.

Posted by: maarisathena ()
Date: July 13, 2012 00:04

thumbs up

Date: July 13, 2012 00:13

shortfatfanny
DandelionPowderman
spsimmons

DP,I think everyone is aware that they are not in the band...but have been for 21 and 5 years...
Promoting "50" without any photo with all of them so far is kind of disappointing because they deserved some kind of tribute as well being long and/or important part of those 50 years.
Ronnie´s a band member officially for 19 years,if I´m not wrong...
Ok,I´m too sentimental...sigh.

I don´t disagree, but it won´t happen - it´s a business...

However, I think you will get your shot, no matter how "un-official" it may be smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-13 00:13 by DandelionPowderman.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 10 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1990
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home