Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 15
Re: Stones to appear in London on July 12
Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: July 9, 2012 03:21

The Marquee Club at 165 Oxford Street made way for screen 2 of the Academy Cinema.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-09 03:26 by stonesnow.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 9, 2012 03:22

Just invite me and I'll be there...............first row

Posted by: ygts ()
Date: July 9, 2012 10:22

Thanks a lot!!!!!!

Date: July 9, 2012 15:52

I'm impressed. No one, er, a few people I would suspect of doing so haven't started new drooling threads saying ONLY THREE DAYS etc.

Date: July 9, 2012 21:31

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
I'm impressed. No one, er, a few people I would suspect of doing so haven't started new drooling threads saying ONLY THREE DAYS etc.

Not me, this thread will do for anything else I have to post regarding the 12th.

Date: July 10, 2012 06:02

stonesnow
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

Not me, this thread will do for anything else I have to post regarding the 12th.

Well, that's good, because I wasn't talking about you. It's rather obvious if you know what I mean.

Which you may not.

Posted by: eismann ()
Date: July 10, 2012 11:14

Any news on Somerset House on Thursday, a timing maybe?

the greatest rock and roll band in the world - definitely

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: July 10, 2012 11:47

Somerset House do free guided tours on thursdays, at 1:15 and 14:45. They have cancelled the later one this week, so maybe 14.30 onwards, but don't expect much - Why are they so unwilling to appear in public ? We might as well say Led Zep have been a band for 44 years ! confused smiley

I will remain positive until the fat lady sings...........no, not Lisa ! eye popping smiley

sc uk

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 10, 2012 13:23

straycatuk
Somerset House do free guided tours on thursdays, at 1:15 and 14:45. They have cancelled the later one this week, so maybe 14.30 onwards, but don't expect much - Why are they so unwilling to appear in public ? We might as well say Led Zep have been a band for 44 years ! confused smiley

I will remain positive until the fat lady sings...........no, not Lisa ! eye popping smiley

sc uk

<<< Why are they so unwilling to appear in public >>>

Because they probably can't be shagged to answer the same barrage of questions they've been getting for years now, and because it's distinctly possible they're actually not plannning a tour, not even any gigs, and in that respect .... there ain't really much else left to say, is there ?

Get used to the idea that if you were at the O2 Arena on Sunday 26th August 2007, you might just have seen the Rolling Stones live in concert for the last time. I would LOVE to be proved wrong on that, but I have no particular reason at this moment in time to think I will be. They don't look particularly interested, they don't sound particularly interested (from the very little any of them have to say about it), so maybe ... shock horror ... they really are not interested.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: rogue ()
Date: July 10, 2012 13:28

Maybe some of us sense that this is the last time we say goodbye to the Stones without actually saying it.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: July 10, 2012 14:01

I highly doubt they'll say 'Good-Bye' in so many words. And I highly doubt they'll announce a tour or anything similar. My thoughts are that they will 'bow out gracefully' despite what Pete Townsend said to them years ago.

They have given us years and years worth of wonderful music and tours and fun. For that I'm very grateful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-10 15:14 by Cocaine Eyes.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: July 10, 2012 14:50

paulywaul
straycatuk

sc uk

Because they probably can't be shagged to answer the same barrage of questions they've been getting for years now, and because it's distinctly possible they're actually not plannning a tour, not even any gigs, and in that respect .... there ain't really much else left to say, is there ?

Get used to the idea that if you were at the O2 Arena on Sunday 26th August 2007, you might just have seen the Rolling Stones live in concert for the last time. I would LOVE to be proved wrong on that, but I have no particular reason at this moment in time to think I will be. They don't look particularly interested, they don't sound particularly interested (from the very little any of them have to say about it), so maybe ... shock horror ... they really are not interested.

Hi Pauly
Yes I was at the last O2 show and I am prepared for the end,but would also love to be proved wrong. It's hard to let go . Sad I know,but that's how it is.
The alternative is something like Bon Jovi............shoot me now !

sc uk

Posted by: barking paul ()
Date: July 10, 2012 17:27

once more with feeling

"maybe the last time I don't know...."

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 10, 2012 17:30

barking paul
once more with feeling

"maybe the last time I don't know...."

OH NO!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 10, 2012 18:30

straycatuk

Seriously?

How about AC/DC as an alternative?

Not really, because Brian Johnson turns 65 this year?

Or is AC/DC bringing the third singer?

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: July 10, 2012 18:34

let's see what will happen at somerset house..
i am disappointed because i'd like to see them more "band", more friends, but i understand that it is not easy after 50 years.
i cannot see their pleasure of staying together and deliver new songs, new tours (even if shorter), new emotions.
i keep on saying that 2 albums in 15 years is really poor result, and they don't seem a band anymore after 2007. ok, we had few things from the vaults, but being a band is a different thing.
anyway, we'll see..
i hope for a new tour with new songs, not a 50 years celebration

Date: July 10, 2012 18:49

I see no one has questioned HOW they are going to appear. Via video screen? Or that hologram thing that's been occuring lately at whatever shows, like the one with Tupac. Puppets? iPhones? Black and white? Colour? Ha ha...

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 10, 2012 19:19

straycatuk
paulywaul
straycatuk

sc uk

Hi Pauly
Yes I was at the last O2 show and I am prepared for the end,but would also love to be proved wrong. It's hard to let go . Sad I know,but that's how it is.

sc uk

Yup, I have to say that ever since that Sunday back in 2007 I've ALWAYS had this nagging suspicion that 26th August might have been it. Like I say, luuuuuuurv to be proved wrong, and maybe I will be - in which I'll be the first to eat humble pie and take all the flak about being a doubter n' all that. BUT, lets face it, they ain't exactly doin' or sayin' anything these days that makes me want to change my mind. Remember all that bollocks about "they'll carry on - there'll be shows in 2008" ? And then wasn't there yet more of that nonsense in 2009, or was it 2010 - or even 2011 ? Jeez ! I can't even recall ! But nonsense it all was. C'est la vie !

Anyway, see you at the "fake" ones on Thursday; ain't seen 'em for ages and they're always good for a giggle.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: July 10, 2012 19:20

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
I see no one has questioned HOW they are going to appear. Via video screen? Or that hologram thing that's been occuring lately at whatever shows, like the one with Tupac. Puppets? iPhones? Black and white? Colour? Ha ha...

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 10, 2012 19:25

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
I see no one has questioned HOW they are going to appear. Via video screen?

I had asked:

Irix July 8, 2012 12:18

If there is no press conference, what might otherwise take place?

A private media event with only selected and invited guests and later broadcast?

Making a video like this as "Thank-You-for-50-Years"?

Or will simply nothing take place because the 12th of July 2012 is over-hyped?

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: July 10, 2012 19:28

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
I'm pretty sure MightyStonesStillRollin50/thewatchman/stonescrow are in the Himalayas right now, physically and mentally preparing themselves for the big day.

Date: July 10, 2012 20:45

Irix
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
I see no one has questioned HOW they are going to appear. Via video screen?

I had asked:

Irix July 8, 2012 12:18

If there is no press conference, what might otherwise take place?

A private media event with only selected and invited guests and later broadcast?

Making a video like this as "Thank-You-for-50-Years"?

Or will simply nothing take place because the 12th of July 2012 is over-hyped?

Sorry, I meant live in their actual viewing physical appearance, not a recording. Interactive kind of thing.

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: July 10, 2012 21:11

paulywaul
straycatuk
paulywaul
straycatuk

sc uk

Hi Pauly

sc uk

Yup, I have to say that ever since that Sunday back in 2007 I've ALWAYS had this nagging suspicion that 26th August might have been it. Like I say, luuuuuuurv to be proved wrong, and maybe I will be - in which I'll be the first to eat humble pie and take all the flak about being a doubter n' all that. BUT, lets face it, they ain't exactly doin' or sayin' anything these days that makes me want to change my mind. Remember all that bollocks about "they'll carry on - there'll be shows in 2008" ? And then wasn't there yet more of that nonsense in 2009, or was it 2010 - or even 2011 ? Jeez ! I can't even recall ! But nonsense it all was. C'est la vie !

Anyway, see you at the "fake" ones on Thursday; ain't seen 'em for ages and they're always good for a giggle.

Pauly and sc

Copy pasting your thoughts. I was at O2 as well on August 26th 2007 and walking out from the arena it struck me that this was it, really. Have not changed my mind since then.

My wife is a big Bon Jovi fan and I have been to several BJ gigs with her and I could easily imagine myself to take them as the next thing to follow around. JBJ is such a charismatic performer that it is really enjoyable to see him live, AND they appreciate the heritage as they usually do one Stones song live.

I will fly in from Finland on Thursday and stay in London until Sunday evening. I will be taking a guided Stones tour of Soho in the afternoon, hang around at Somerset House in the early evening and then continue to Wardour St to see the fake ones. About the Somerset House happening, I don’t for a second believe that there would be any kind of announcement taking place. I mean, what would they say? “It was a nice ride for the past 50 years”. If you have a press conference, then you bring out some news and don’t look back.

If you see a guy lost in London on 12th to 15th of July with a black T-shirt with a big StonesOnDecca logo on the back, then that is me. Please approach me and tell me the direction to the nearest Record Shop with cheap Stones vinyls, or just say hello and we will have a chat about Stones for an hour or two

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: July 10, 2012 22:11

do anyone has a key to read le Parisien ?

there gave a news yesterday
[www.leparisien.fr]

it says the Stones will give a concert ....

Date: July 11, 2012 01:52

I bet the Stones will be glad when 7-12-12 is over so everyone will shut the hell up. It should really be about the fact that they're still alive, not for still being a "band". I get that it's 50 years since they formed or whatever, just like The Beatles. It's certainly not for being active since 5 years ago they stopped working. This thing will be just a big cocktail party for them.

Posted by: beepee ()
Date: July 11, 2012 01:53

Thought the 100 club could have been a good idea as it's next to the former Marquee... but Oxford Street is blocked to traffic all evenings and nights this week so that makes any event there unlikely.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 11, 2012 01:54

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
This thing will be just a big cocktail party for them.

let's drink to that, then...let's drink to the hard working band...i mean the hardly working band...or something.

Date: July 11, 2012 03:22

StonesTod
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
This thing will be just a big cocktail party for them.

let's drink to that, then...let's drink to the hard working band...i mean the hardly working band...or something.

Oh no - you had it - the hardly working band. I'll drink to that!

Date: July 11, 2012 04:52

Charlie's very chatty lately, to the press I mean--is he the new Stones spokesman?

www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/rolling-stones-charlie-watts-looks-1138954

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 11, 2012 05:26

Wonderful article, thanks for sharing Stonesnow. Charlie seems so comfortable these days, really stepping up and being, as you put it, the new Stones spokesman. Such a sweet man, it's obvious how much he loves Mick and Keith.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1201
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home