Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 59
Re: Mick Jagger to Host, Perform on 'Saturday Night Live' Season Finale May 19
Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: May 17, 2012 01:45

JJF,

I believe we can agree on this -

We both will be much better off if I am right and you are wrong, i.e.

Sometime in late 2012 or 2013 we're both listening to a new Wino's CD on the way to a Stones show that Keith helps carry.

Cheers, no reason to bicker, and hopefully the blocking off the streets in NYS Sat night rumor has more legs than the Keith's in Dallas rumor.

That one sounds interesting, but I still dont see the Stones being a part of SNL, unfortunately, but one person can make it happen and that's Mick, so hopefully he's buried the hatchet.

C'mon Mick- send the jet for Ronnie in Cannes.

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: May 17, 2012 01:50

MightyStonesStillRollin50
Just one little hint, Mick, one little hint! That's all I am asking for!

One little hint!? Sheesh! Mick's laid out the whole freaking thing already!
The SNL Stones appearance and tour announcement. The festivals. Even
what two songs the Stones will be playing on SNL. Doesn't anybody besides me ever
listen to what Mick is saying, with his actions, and not just his lying-ass words?

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: May 17, 2012 01:52

superrevvy

what two songs the Stones will be playing on SNL. Doesn't anybody besides me ever
listen to what Mick is saying, with his actions, and not just his lying-ass words?
please provide quotes from Mick stating everything that you just said.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 17, 2012 01:53

GumbootCloggeroo
superrevvy

HA! Be prepared for a spooky/weird response here

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 17, 2012 01:54

I do hope all these Keith-bashers are going to dignify themselves - and do themselves and everyone else a favour - by staying well away when and if he's ever on stage again. It will leave all the more room for those who appreciate the man for what he's given us all these years. Then we'll all be happy.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: May 17, 2012 02:02

chelskeith
JJF,

I believe we can agree on this -

We both will be much better off if I am right and you are wrong, i.e.

Sometime in late 2012 or 2013 we're both listening to a new Wino's CD on the way to a Stones show that Keith helps carry.

Cheers, no reason to bicker, and hopefully the blocking off the streets in NYS Sat night rumor has more legs than the Keith's in Dallas rumor.

That one sounds interesting, but I still dont see the Stones being a part of SNL, unfortunately, but one person can make it happen and that's Mick, so hopefully he's buried the hatchet.

C'mon Mick- send the jet for Ronnie in Cannes.

Keith in current shape would be horrible to se on a stage making a fool of himself. Many people here demanding him to go on stage in this shape and that´s really sad. i don´t understand why anyone here would like to see him play as bad as he have done lately? There is sadly no way he could play a full two hour set. I still would be the first one to admit that i was wrong if a miracle would happen. I will remeber you about the winos record if i don´t have it in my hand next year, and what will that one contain? Keith singing LRR and playing slide on one string?

Date: May 17, 2012 02:12

Justin
GumbootCloggeroo
superrevvy

HA! Be prepared for a spooky/weird response here

Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them -
that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally
forward in whatever way they like.

Lao Tzu

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: May 17, 2012 02:13

Beast
I do hope all these Keith-bashers are going to dignify themselves - and do themselves and everyone else a favour - by staying well away when and if he's ever on stage again. It will leave all the more room for those who appreciate the man for what he's given us all these years. Then we'll all be happy.

So being critical don´t mean i appreciate everything he has done? That´s completely bullshit.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 17, 2012 02:38

superrevvy

Please get back on your medication.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 17, 2012 02:40

3 Days 5 hours until we see The Stones on SNL.

It is not that hard to play 2 songs... it aint rocket science.

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: May 17, 2012 03:15

Off the cuff prediction, but why not since this is the thread for "wild" speculation!

Superrev is right-Arcade Fire & Foos opening for Stones on whatever kind of tour they're doing.

Jeff Beck will be announced as the third guitarist for Stones tour.

Arcade, Foos don't actually perform.

Stones perform w/ this line up: Jagger, Richards, Wood, Watts w/ Tal Wilkenfeld on bass and Jeff Beck on lead guitar.

They do JJF, Satisfaction & Start Me Up.

So punch my ticket for the loony bit that is this thread. LOL

Regardless, this is shaping up to be a weirdly "musical" SNL. Have they ever had three bands play in the same show before?

Date: May 17, 2012 04:48

This was posted over on Shidoobee:
According to Phillylrobs other post about Are you going to get on the wait line at SNL in hopes of scoring a ticket for the show!! He said Rockerfeller Center In New York and many streets there will shute down at 3pm!!! He said he Is all ready on the Get In list!! ForThe live SNL May 19, 2012 Jagger/Others Show?? I have been to Rockerfeller Center and NBC studios in New York Many Times!! The only time they close down streets in that area is for The Today Show Outdoor Summer Concert Series or The Christmas-tree Lighting Ceremony which is broadcast live on NBC TV nationally!! Which Tens of thousands of people go too. I also heard a Crazy Rumor That at some point during The SNL Show on May 19, 2012!! After a commercial Break Maybe at the Beginning ,Middle ,or End of the show they would Slip!! Mick Jagger out a side door on too To a Flat Bed Truck out side and then come around Conner or go up the block with The Stones on it doing a song or two In the Street Live!! like The Stones did in New York in 1975 New York!!! Then the truck would pull up to 30 Rockefeller Center and Then Stones would come in to The theater and Then do a song on the show live!!They could also do this with the last song on the show Possibley Leaving the Theater!!! But at that point if this happens!!Then will The Street be blocked off ??Or then opened up for Stones fans at the last minute.??? I really believe The Rolling Stones Will be on the show live Now beause they never Close Lock Down Rockefeller Center Ever!! Unless Something Really Big is Going To Happen for Real!!! I know believe Phillyrob all ready knows something big is going to happen and That he knows all The Rolling Stones will show up an play on SNL on May 19, 2012!! Only he cant say it!! Just go read his post carefully again and read between the lines!! And then you may see why I believe this will Really Happen this time!!!
Just saying....

Date: May 17, 2012 04:53

Who's Driving Your Plane?
.... at some point during The SNL Show on May 19, 2012!! After a commercial Break Maybe at the Beginning ,Middle ,or End of the show they would Slip!! Mick Jagger out a side door on too To a Flat Bed Truck out side and then come around Conner or go up the block with The Stones on it doing a song or two In the Street Live!! like The Stones did in New York in 1975 New York!!! Then the truck would pull up to 30 Rockefeller Center and Then Stones would come in to The theater and Then do a song on the show live!!They could also do this with the last song on the show Possibley Leaving the Theater!!! ...

Sounds GREAT to me.... how about you SCL?

winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-17 04:55 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: May 17, 2012 05:05

Has SNL ever filmed live scenes outside the studio, ala Letterman or the morning shows?

Maybe it will be a street concert with these three bands- maybe the theme or a couple skits are related to an outdoor concert.

I don't see Jeff Beck (or his Bass player) joining the Stones on stage, anywhere.

I wonder Where is Darryl Jones that night? I guess Don Was could play Bass, but that would be weird seeing him on stage with the Band.

Looks like Darryl's Drummer in the Black Stone Raiders is playing drums for Bernard the Friday night before the SNL show, that's interesting...

How about Chuck Leavell, where's he? If the boys are going to play, which I doubt, but am really hoping it happens, it seems like they need to have Chuck there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-17 05:37 by chelskeith.

Date: May 17, 2012 06:04

According to Phillylrobs other post about Are you going to get on the wait line at SNL in hopes of scoring a ticket for the show!! He said Rockerfeller Center In New York and many streets there will shute down at 3pm!!! He said he Is all ready on the Get In list!! ForThe live SNL May 19, 2012 Jagger/Others Show?? I have been to Rockerfeller Center and NBC studios in New York Many Times!! The only time they close down streets in that area is for The Today Show Outdoor Summer Concert Series or The Christmas-tree Lighting Ceremony which is broadcast live on NBC TV nationally!! Which Tens of thousands of people go too. I also heard a Crazy Rumor That at some point during The SNL Show on May 19, 2012!! After a commercial Break Maybe at the Beginning ,Middle ,or End of the show they would Slip!! Mick Jagger out a side door on too To a Flat Bed Truck out side and then come around Conner or go up the block with The Stones on it doing a song or two In the Street Live!! like The Stones did in New York in 1975 New York!!! Then the truck would pull up to 30 Rockefeller Center and Then Stones would come in to The theater and Then do a song on the show live!!They could also do this with the last song on the show Possibley Leaving the Theater!!! But at that point if this happens!!Then will The Street be blocked off ??Or then opened up for Stones fans at the last minute.??? I really believe The Rolling Stones Will be on the show live Now beause they never Close Lock Down Rockefeller Center Ever!! Unless Something Really Big is Going To Happen for Real!!! I know believe Phillyrob all ready knows something big is going to happen and That he knows all The Rolling Stones will show up an play on SNL on May 19, 2012!! Only he cant say it!! Just go read his post carefully again and read between the lines!! And then you may see why I believe this will Really Happen this time!!!
Just saying....

There's a variety of different street closures scheduled for this weekend all throughout New York City:

[www.nyc.gov]

Date: May 17, 2012 06:06

So let me get this straight...Ronnie is in Cannes the night before, Keith has been quoted saying he will not be joining Mick on SNL, Darryl Jones is out on tour and no word if Charlie or Taylor are even in NYC anymore....and people actually are entertaining the idea of a Rolling STones reunion on a flat-bed truck this Saturday?

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: May 17, 2012 06:23

Justin
So let me get this straight...Ronnie is in Cannes the night before, Keith has been quoted saying he will not be joining Mick on SNL, Darryl Jones is out on tour and no word if Charlie or Taylor are even in NYC anymore....and people actually are entertaining the idea of a Rolling STones reunion on a flat-bed truck this Saturday?

pretty much, yeah.

Date: May 17, 2012 06:31

Did anyone else see that South Park episode called "Smug Alert" (Season 10, Episode 2)... yeah it was funny. [www.southparkstudios.com]

Posted by: winter ()
Date: May 17, 2012 06:40

The quandry for SNL seemed to have been: how are they going to have 2 bands set up on the show's music stage playing within 50 minutes of each other? Then Beck flies in with his bass player, which seemed to confirm he's not going to just be playing with the Foos, and that there might be 3 groups playing. The street closure allows the show to have an outdoor season-ending concert with one or both of Arcade or Foos, whom Jagger can come down and sing a tune with, leaving the other band set up in the studio, With Beck, maybe he's with Mick backed by the SNL band, a far more appropriate band capable of better lift/swing/roll than the other 2 bands for Jagger's bluesy material. There is absolutely no reason for SNL to trumpet Foos and Arcade and not have both play.

Mick's going to be doing skits all night too, and is aware of how he needs to control his up/down energy after the White House show. He doesn't want to be winded for his skit appearances or not vocally warmed up for his songs. The biggest wrinkle seems to be Tal: she wasn't Beck's bassist for his more recent 2 mini-tours, and surely the bassist for the SNL band is up to snuff for a *single* song to play with Jagger/Beck. Interesting...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-17 06:45 by winter.

Date: May 17, 2012 07:02

superrevvy

You are right about one thing, judge them only by their actions, not their words.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: May 17, 2012 08:25

SNL uses my family's rental and valet company. Let just say Mick isn't the only Stone.

Looked like Beck was having ear problems.

Date: May 17, 2012 08:30

MingSubu
SNL uses my family's rental and valet company. Let just say Mick isn't the only Stone.

Looked like Beck was having ear problems.

If Mick is as good as I think he is he will have Keith show up at the end of the show and plant a big kiss on his cheek!

Date: May 17, 2012 09:16

Carla Rhodes confirms the Stones!

(admittedly my interpretation)

Date: May 17, 2012 12:16

Facebook 9,972,800

Here's that statistical anomaly I mentioned earlier. Look at the graphs on
the count page...

[www.facebook.com]

Look at how the conversations about Stones/10 million have stayed steady at
about 200,000 while the rate of new friends has gotten slower and slower.
That is contrary to common sense. If people keep talking about it, the rate
of new friends should at least stay the same...

This constitutes proof that we are way past 10 million already and that they
are holding the counter back artificially so that the 10 million mark happens
when they want it to, when they are ready to announce SNL Stones.

Probably sometime Friday.

Posted by: rogue ()
Date: May 17, 2012 12:50

Just to play along...

If they were to announce the Stones the time to do it would be late Thursday night. The media cycles through so much that they would need the Friday to take advantage of exposure for the weekend.

Rental trucks, street closures...
Doubtful.

If, if, the Stones come in it will be MT and not Ronnrie, but it won't happen.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 17, 2012 12:59

i agree, it wont happen
just enjoy what it will be )

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: May 17, 2012 14:23

WOW, I have to admit that we Stones' fans really do cover our bases!grinning smiley

Road closures, valet services, who's where, why are they there, who's doing what and when, who sneezed and why, are the police and street cleaners out and about Rockefeller Centre......on and on.

As for me, I doubt the Stones will show up on SNL. So, I'll crawl into my bed with a good mystery book and sleep well. That is.....unless Keith speaks up again prior to SNL.

Enjoy the show, everyone! tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: May 17, 2012 15:43

"It's just natural, it's not a great disaster. People keep talking about it like it's The End of The Earth. It's only a rock group that split up, it's nothing important. You know, you have all the old records there if you want to reminisce."

- John Lennon

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 17, 2012 16:10

John Lennon said a lot of great things. But I doubt it's the end of The Rolling Stones. Missing a SNL opportunity shouldn't have any real effect on the 50th Anniversary. Would of been great though for sure.

Date: May 17, 2012 16:30

Justin
Just saying....

There's a variety of different street closures scheduled for this weekend all throughout New York City:

[www.nyc.gov]

The Stones will be coming in from all different directions! Mick from the north, Keith from the south, Ronnie from the east, Charlie from the west, MT from the southwest, Bill Wyman from below, (by submarine) and Brian from above! The Navy Seals and Secret Service will be providing security! All highways and roads leading into New York will be shut down!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 59

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1693
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home