Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 59
Re: Mick Jagger to Host, Perform on 'Saturday Night Live' Season Finale May 19
Date: May 18, 2012 02:30

Just got a fax from Richards!

He suggests we flash mob SNL and beat the crap out of Jagger on live tv and expose his tiny tater tot!!!

How dare he rub our faces with these dog shit bands! (Beck can be somewhat excused)

Richards should give a big FU and go drum for Black Sabbath \m/

Date: May 18, 2012 03:11

Bob C.
I have abandon any hope for the RS. Just going to enjoy MJ. But, would be cool to see a walk on hug from KR. I think after the book, he owes him that, come on Keith, man up.

How about a mud wrestling match between Mick and Keith? They can kiss and make up after the match. Remember when Carson and Rickles dunked each other in the pool on the Tonight Show? May have been late sixties or early seventies?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 18, 2012 03:13

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-19 20:26 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: May 18, 2012 03:22

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
All of this crap over a silly tv show? Wow. I'm really impressed. I've lost track of how many pages the stupid SuperHeavy thread has but as I recall it was 53. This one could top that one if the stupidity continues... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Can you imagine what it will be like around here when/if they actually get down to the business of recording a new album and announce concerts in London, New York, and Los Angeles, etc.? Total bedlam! Mick's plan is working to perfection. Many will be out of their minds by the end of 2012. Some are melting down right before our very eyes. Not to mention any names.smiling smiley

Date: May 18, 2012 03:26

Max'sKansasCity
2 days 5 hours until Stones on SNL

If you can deliver on this promise you will gain instant Icon status here at IORR! I am rooting for you!smileys with beer

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: May 18, 2012 03:32

Jagger's people just tweeted that he's now rehearsing with the FF's again. If you want to see this mess, there are pics at MJ.com.

I tried to post the tweet + pic here but it said the forum was unable to post it.confused smiley

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: May 18, 2012 03:38

Ugh.

Date: May 18, 2012 03:49

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-19 20:25 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: May 18, 2012 04:00

Man oh man, some of you guys are bitter! Clearly Mick isn't playing with The Stones on SNL. So, my question is, if Mick were playing with old farts from the 60s, let's say Pete Townshend on guitar, Jack Bruce on bass, and John Densmore on drums, or let's say he was performing with ZZ Top, would you actually give it a chance or would you dismiss it right away? Does the problem lie in the fact that Mick is playing with modern bands from a different generation, a generation that some of you don't understand or refuse to enjoy because you're stuck in the past?

Date: May 18, 2012 04:02

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-19 20:24 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: May 18, 2012 04:06

I'm not angry at all, Max'sKansasCity. I'm actually looking forward to seeing Mick play with Foo Fighters and Arcade Fire. I know you like to fight but I'm not looking to fight. You can interpret my posts in any tone that you'd like, I'm just asking a question, that's all smiling smiley

Date: May 18, 2012 04:06

Date: May 18, 2012 04:07

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-19 20:23 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: May 18, 2012 04:16

The Stones owe their fans exactly nothing. If you want to see them play on SNL because Jagger is hosting, more power to you. If you think they owe it to you, you could not be more misguided.

Date: May 18, 2012 04:18

Date: May 18, 2012 04:20

Max'sKansasCity, have you ever been in a band?

Date: May 18, 2012 04:24

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-19 20:22 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: May 18, 2012 04:25

GumbootCloggeroo
Man oh man, some of you guys are bitter! Clearly Mick isn't playing with The Stones on SNL. So, my question is, if Mick were playing with old farts from the 60s, let's say Pete Townshend on guitar, Jack Bruce on bass, and John Densmore on drums, or let's say he was performing with ZZ Top, would you actually give it a chance or would you dismiss it right away? Does the problem lie in the fact that Mick is playing with modern bands from a different generation, a generation that some of you don't understand or refuse to enjoy because you're stuck in the past?

Mick playing with these young bands is great not only for him but for the Rolling Stones also. If the Stones show up it simply means that Mick has decided to end the "foreplay". I don't think it is so much bitterness towards the young bands as it is frustration that the Stones haven't done a live performance in such a long time. Of course Mick is a master at "foreplay" so he will know when the fans have had enough and can no longer take it anymore. My guess is he isn't quite finished tormenting us just yet. I am OK either way, since I knew five years ago this was going to be one long wait.

Date: May 18, 2012 04:28

Max'sKansasCity
GumbootCloggeroo
This isnt face book...
I don't know what that means...
Have you ever been in a band?

Date: May 18, 2012 04:28

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-19 20:22 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: May 18, 2012 04:31

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-19 20:21 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: May 18, 2012 04:37

Max'sKansasCity
GumbootCloggeroo
Max'sKansasCity
GumbootCloggeroo
This isnt face book...
I don't know what that means...
Have you ever been in a band?

I am not going to answer any of your personal questions, why the hell would I? you are not even friendly.
Dude, I'm not asking for your entire life story here. A simple yes or no answer would suffice. I'm not asking you in an angry way. You've said so many times that it's so easy for a band to just play a song or two and why can't the Stones do that. If you've had experience being in a band then maybe you'd understand the situation a little better, that's all I'm trying to get at. I'm not here to fight you. Relax.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: May 18, 2012 04:49

Win Butler is a friend of mine. I like Arcade Fire. Jeff Beck is a great guitarist. The Foo Fighters are an average band with a great drummer who unfortunately spends his time singing and trashing a guitar. I don't want to see any of them play with Mick Jagger. I want to see the Rolling Stones. They don't owe us a thing, but I'm allowed to be a fan. I know other musicians of great accomplishment who feel the same way, even though they hope their fans will see them solo or in side projects. The Rolling Stones are the great band of the rock and roll era. I don't think their appearing will diminish their legacy, or any of that palaver. I know for a fact that Keith can the guitar. I never expected the Stones to appear with Mick on SNL. But I would much prefer if they were. Hopefully he'll be funny with Fred Armisen and Bill Hader. I'm certain they wrote the best stuff they could for Sir Mick.

Date: May 18, 2012 04:52

Max'sKansasCity
If the Stones have grown too old, become too handicapped and and are now unable to play a couple of rock and roll songs on a TV show... then so be it and no one can (should) be mad about that. It is what it is. I do not think that is the case, but if it is... then so be it.

2 days 2 hours hours until the Stones play on SNL.

I have no doubt that the Stones could easily play a dozen or so songs at the moment...with one hand tied behind each of their backs, but that isn't the issue. The issue is timing. If they have reached that point in the script then they will perform. If not, then we wait. Mick knows exactly what he is doing. The good news is that we will eventually see them back on stage together. Maybe even with Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman. It is going to be worth the wait. If it happens on Saturday night, then great, if not, the speculation process starts all over again. I am fine either way.

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: May 18, 2012 04:58

GumbootCloggeroo
If you've had experience being in a band then maybe you'd understand the situation a little better, that's all I'm trying to get at. I'm not here to fight you. Relax.

I have, from '90-'97. And I agree with MKC--even with Keef's ageing, arthritis and head stuff, he can still belt out a blistering 4-minute JJF, as can the band. Obviously they aren't ready for a whole concert or tour, but that's not the issue here. Honestly, I defy them, given everyone's physical and mental condition, to eff up JJF or SMU. Ain't gonna happen, unless they didn't rehearse it a few times. These songs are that easy in themselves. This band has the benefit of being able to play them in their sleep. Even Bill, should he show up. has it tatooed on his aging brain forever.

Date: May 18, 2012 05:00

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-19 20:21 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: May 18, 2012 05:01

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-19 20:20 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: May 18, 2012 05:02

1) By mentioning that longtime fans should be able to "ask" the Rolling Stones to play "a couple of songs", you are actually implying that they owe you something. If you weren't, you wouldn't mention how long the "fans" in question have been supporting the band. The only reason to mention supporting the band for 40 years is to make it seem as if you are owed something; in this case, a performance on an iconic, U.S, television show.

2)"Asking a band...." to play also infers that you are conversing with them. Which you aren't. You want the Stones to play. You hope to heck that they do play. You are upset it looks like they aren't going to play, but you are do not have a voice in this matter.

You chose to view the confluence of past and present Stones in NYC as a sign they were going to play on SNL. I am sorry it appears that your wish isn't going to come true, but in no way should your expectations reflect poorly on the band. If for no other reason than it makes no sense whatsoever.

"Some IORR members are really bummed out that the Stones aren't playing on SNL!"

"Really, man!? That means the Stones...suck/are through/hate their fans/etc...!"

See? It really doesn't make sense.

Date: May 18, 2012 05:08

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-19 20:20 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: May 18, 2012 05:09

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-19 20:19 by Max'sKansasCity.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 59

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1906
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home