Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 59
Re: Mick Jagger to Host, Perform on 'Saturday Night Live' Season Finale May 19
Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: May 19, 2012 05:22

--

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-19 05:29 by SweetThing.

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: May 19, 2012 06:36

GumbootCloggeroo
Don't you think that if they were to perform on SNL that they would advertise it? There would be so many Stones fans that would be pissed off on sunday morning if they performed and they missed it because they had absolutely no idea.

Yes, at this point it's more a question of, "What if the Stones play SNL and nobody notices?" Even their taped "appearance" on Days of Our Lives was promoted for weeks in advance.

Posted by: bustabutton ()
Date: May 19, 2012 06:40

Hello from Greece!
Anyone back in the States watching this thing?
Please keep us posted, I can't find a live stream anywhere!

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: May 19, 2012 06:40

Mick has always loved to dabble in acting, and tonight he will give live comedy tv a spin. He has three other music performances in the shows history without the Stones, 2 solo album promo spots, and a surprise Peter Tosh duo. Tonight will be a fourth. Keith was musical guest on SNL once without the rest of the Stones too, it happens. I'm more excited about this SNL show than I have been since Chris Farley left. Actually Since Mick last performed promoting Goddess, but I'd rather forget that. Sure it would be a hell of a lot better with the Stones, but what wouldn't. Nowhere have I heard the Stones will perform except internet speculators, not a source to bet money on. I will take Mick, Keith, and SNL's word. To watch the show expecting the Stones is to set oneself up for disappointment. Why do that? Enjoy Mick. It could have been Tom Arnold.

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: May 19, 2012 06:49

bustabutton
Hello from Greece!
Anyone back in the States watching this thing?
Please keep us posted, I can't find a live stream anywhere!

Sorry but it's Friday night here now...check back around this time tomorrow!

Posted by: bustabutton ()
Date: May 19, 2012 06:54

Oh my! I got so excited I jumped the gun by 24 hours!!!
My enthusiasm however led me to a link to NBC live streaming that looks completely legit. Watching Jay Leno live as we speak. Hopefully it'll be around tomorrow!

[www.stream2watch.me]

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: May 19, 2012 09:01

winter
HOLY SHIT!!! Why didn't any of us think of this? Because we're Stones fans, missing the obvious. Smear is suddenly back in the fold with grohl, NYC is crawling with bassists like Tal, the SNL house band guy, AF's bassist now joined by Nikolai Fraiture, Claypool, etc. to provide cover/distraction when Nooselivic flies in.
So many bass players in NYC. You know what that means....................................Big Bottom!!!

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: May 19, 2012 10:00

Mick's FB page: At Wednesday's script read through. Read 36 sketches to narrow it down to 7 (#SNL creator Lorne Michaels on my left)
[www.facebook.com]

Jagger talking about being the host and musical guest on "Saturday Night Live"
"It's very exciting, hosting for the first time, 'SNL.' I've been on the show before. I've done sketches. I've done music. I've just been hanging out for fun. I've always said to Lorne [Michaels, creator/executive producer of 'Saturday Night Live'] when he's asked me, 'I don't want to do it. It's too much hard work. And I was right, of course. It is too much hard work, but it's a lot of fun ...
"'Saturday Night Live' is a surprise to everybody, to the cast, because it changes so much as it goes along. It's the week of rehearsals and the week of writing. And then the sketches get chosen, and then they get changed, and then they get cut. And then they get the musical number is the same. But you know, I'm not going to give any surprises away. It's all a surprise to me ...
"It's a lot of comedy, and you hope you get the funny lines that come to you. And so far, it's been a great experience. All the writers and the actors on the show are really great. They're very encouragng and very sharing."
[www.examiner.com]

video(MJ interview)
[www.examiner.com]

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 19, 2012 10:16

hu huh looks like mck is back on 69's haircut D and very grungy outifit on rehearsal D
he looks good ; )

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 19, 2012 10:24

maumau
he looks good ; )

Yes, but doesn't he always ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: May 19, 2012 10:32

Good luck, Mick! Can't wait for the show! Knock 'em dead.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 19, 2012 11:13

His Majesty
GumbootCloggeroo
The Rolling Stones, like any band, need promotion. Hell, Keith and Mick even wear t-shirts on stage with their logo on them. Don't you think that if they were to perform on SNL that they would advertise it? There would be so many Stones fans that would be pissed off on sunday morning if they performed and they missed it because they had absolutely no idea. If The Stones were going to perform, NBC would have promoted it. Stones on SNL = more viewers = sponsors are happy = more money. Keeping it a secret would be absolutely foolish.

Indeed.

Absolutely.

Date: May 19, 2012 12:06

Thanks for the video, PM - Mick looks ultra-good to go!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 19, 2012 12:12

Jagger sounds and looks good,indeed.
jeroen

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 19, 2012 12:25

As this is getting nearer: Can someone provide us with the broadcasting times. Can you watch it live on the net and on which channel?
Or, can you watch it afterwards on the net? Late Saturday night east coast USA will be early Sunday morning Central Europe.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: May 19, 2012 12:31

Why have they been 1 week in a N.Y. Studio rehearsaling 4-5 old tracks?!?There will be a sense...

Date: May 19, 2012 13:12

mailexile67
Why have they been 1 week in a N.Y. Studio rehearsaling 4-5 old tracks?!?There will be a sense...

Just read the board and you'll find all sorts of super reveries as to why.

Date: May 19, 2012 18:14

Mick Jagger: Through The Years
Rolling Stone singer to host season finale of "Saturday Night Live."
[abcnews.go.com]

Posted by: rogue ()
Date: May 19, 2012 18:20

ABC news a competing media giant does a story about Jagger on another network?

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: May 19, 2012 18:32

rogue
ABC news a competing media giant does a story about Jagger on another network?

They're all part of a giant multinational corporate empire that wants to keep public citizens locked in their role as powerless "consumers" who are enthralled by celebrities and watching endless hours of television, so that they watch as many advertisements as possible and then go buy useless crap that contributes to global warming and the eventual destruction of the biosphere. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Drew

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 19, 2012 19:10

My theory is this: Jagger called the band together to rehearse with the possibility that the Stones would indeed appear on SNL. This is why they rehearsed hits like JJF and SMU. When it became apparent that the band (Keith) was not in condition to do the performance, he went to Plan B, which was Food Fight, Jeff Beck, etc. Keith must feel awful about this, but I do not believe it was a coincidence that the Stones' rehearsals were in NY right at the exact same time they would have needed to rehearse in order to do SNL. Why would Jagger bother adding Stones activity to an already-packed SNL schedule if this wasn't the plan? Taylor being there at the same time may just have been a coincidence. What a lost opportunity. But if Jagger performs Stones songs with these imposters, it pretty much proves my theory, or why do it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-19 19:11 by 71Tele.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 19, 2012 19:26

71Tele
My theory is this: Jagger called the band together to rehearse with the possibility that the Stones would indeed appear on SNL. This is why they rehearsed hits like JJF and SMU. When it became apparent that the band (Keith) was not in condition to do the performance, he went to Plan B, which was Food Fight, Jeff Beck, etc. Keith must feel awful about this, but I do not believe it was a coincidence that the Stones' rehearsals were in NY right at the exact same time they would have needed to rehearse in order to do SNL. Why would Jagger bother adding Stones activity to an already-packed SNL schedule if this wasn't the plan? Taylor being there at the same time may just have been a coincidence. What a lost opportunity. But if Jagger performs Stones songs with these imposters, it pretty much proves my theory, or why do it?

I also believe this...hence, the seeming last minute nature of 'announcing' Mick as the host, and the 'last minute' addition of the Foos, Arcade Jeff Beck.

Never a problem getting people on SNL, especially with MJ as host, but the logic of Mick doing SNL, at this moment in history, with nothing else to promote with the exception of the Stones 50th, and with the Stones all in NYC...that is no coincidence.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: May 19, 2012 19:38

Anybody else nervous for Mick?
I mean, this is our guy and he can be awkward when he's out of his element or when he tries to be funny....

Date: May 19, 2012 19:47

stupidguy2
I mean, this is our guy and he can be awkward when he's out of his element or when he tries to be funny....

absolutely. but I think he looks pretty confident in all the promos

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 19, 2012 19:51

I looked it up myself. The kremnologists around here are too busy finding signs. SNL will be on 23.30 EST as I understand it which means 5.30 CET.
I don't know if this trailer has been posted before but anyway, here it is:

SNL

Date: May 19, 2012 21:01

I've read that SNL will broadcast live from backstage and it's possible to watch on one's phone/mobile device. All you have to do to download some new app and like this app on FB.
Somebody has it on his/her phone? I'd like to see backstage footage, may be more than actual show

Date: May 19, 2012 21:06

71Tele

No offense, but this theory of yours borders on the absurd. No chance this is how it went down.

Date: May 19, 2012 21:18

stupidguy2

He will calm down once Keith joins him on stage and plants a big kiss on his cheek!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 19, 2012 21:32

MightyStonesStillRollin50
71Tele

No offense, but this theory of yours borders on the absurd. No chance this is how it went down.

Maybe it's not accurate - I did say "theory" - but given what we know I see no reason that it should be considered "absurd". If you know how it really "went down", please enlighten us, and I will be happy to revise my thinking.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 19, 2012 21:33

Keef wont be there
jeroen

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 59

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1787
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home