Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 59
Re: Mick Jagger to Host, Perform on 'Saturday Night Live' Season Finale May 19
Date: May 16, 2012 13:46

Doxa
DandelionPowderman
Why would playing a blues song or SMU and JJF be "too soon for Keith"?

Yeah, nobody is that rusty if it is a question of rustiness...

- Doxa

Beautiful, but rusty indeed smiling smiley

Posted by: KeithDaMan ()
Date: May 16, 2012 14:09

Beautiful indeed, a bit rough on the edges but that's why I always loved the Stones.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: May 16, 2012 14:17

Who wants perfectly polished Stones? I like mine rough around the edges.

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: May 16, 2012 14:26

rough matters zero. hard matters lots. if you're gonna play to young festival crowds.

can he go hard? or will he go home?

Keith will go HARD! like trigonometry! and psychology!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-16 14:27 by superrevvy.

Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: May 16, 2012 16:43

I hate to just paste this but I think it might be of interest to everybody. I am not knowledgeable enough to explain it so I will just post it. It is about how to get a backstage view of SNL.

While Color’s first attempt in the app arena was deemed not ready for prime time, the company is back with a distribution alliance with Verizon Wireless and cool promotion this week with Saturday Night Live.
The company’s reconstituted Color for Facebook video sharing app, free for Android and iOS devices, will be used to broadcast backstage footage and rehearsals of the May 19th season finale of Saturday Night Live. Music fans take note that the episode will feature Mick Jagger as host alongside the Foo Fighters and Arcade Fire as musical guests.
The promotion is part of a co-branded marketing campaign with Verizon Wireless, which streams sound and video clips shared by Color for Facebook users across its 4G network.
Here is a nationwide Verizon Wireless commercial featuring Color for Facebook.
And here is a recent blog post from Color co-founder and CEO Bill Nguyen talking about how to get involved in the SNL promotion as well as his love for the original cast members of the show:
LIVE from Studio 8H, it’s Saturday Night Live!
Color and Verizon Do SNL:
Kids do a lot of things they’re not supposed to do. My parents had a firm 10pm bedtime. For years, I snuck a portable TV into my room on Saturday nights and covered it with a blanket to watch Saturday Night Live. Looking back, managing the heat output from that TV was my first technical achievement.
The parental wrath and fire risk were worth it. There’s something magical about LIVE TV. I watched in anticipation to see what Jim Belushi, Dan Aykroyd and Eddie Murphy would do. I had to tune in, it was LIVE. SNL made Mondays my favorite day. Re-performing the sketches at school was a red badge of courage. Like a concert shirt, I proved I was there. Looking back, being a fan of SNL and a part of something LIVE brought me closer to my friends.
It’s only been one short week since Verizon Wireless brought Color to its amazing 4G LTE network and devices. Now, SNL will be using the Color for Facebook app to Broadcast a sneak peek of SNL cast members LIVE this week as they get ready for the show and then more Color Broadcasts, LIVE backstage during the season finale hosted by Mick Jagger.
I’ve dreamed about being backstage at SNL my entire life. Verizon Wireless is granting my wish (and yours too). Through the Color app and on Facebook, we get to see a LIVE glimpse of how the show comes together and be there backstage LIVE on Saturday night for the season finale.
To get backstage, all you’ll need to do is fan Verizon Wireless or SNL on Facebook and get the free Color for Facebook app.
Then be on the lookout for SNL's Color notifications on your phone to watch LIVE!
To get the Color app visit [color.com] from your mobile device or call **COLOR (that’s **26567). By calling this number, you will instantly receive a text message with a link to download the app. Color is also available in the iTunes App store and Google Play.
DETAILS:
WHO: Color and Verizon Wireless' are teaming up with Saturday Night Live for the Season Finale on May 19th with guest host Mick Jagger and musical guests Foo Fighters and Arcade Fire. SNL will be streaming LIVE backstage using the Color for Facebook app during this week’s rehearsals and Saturday night’s season finale. Viewers will have a chance to see what really happens backstage and behind the scenes LIVE.
WHAT: Color for Facebook is a free application for Android and iPhone that lets you instantly capture and share LIVE video Broadcasts and photos with friends on Facebook. Color for Facebook gives users a wide range of smartphones the ability to Broadcast up to 30 seconds of LIVE video and share the important moments in their daily lives at blazing speeds. Now for the first time ever, Saturday Night Live will harness the power of LIVE app broadcasting, and give fans the chance to see behind the scenes.
WHEN: 11:30 pm EDT, May 19th - Saturday Night Live will be using new technology (the free Color app) to LIVE Broadcast backstage during their May 19th Season Finale featuring host Mick Jagger and musical guests Foo Fighters and Arcade Fire.
WHY: As Saturday Night Live fans know best, there’s nothing more thrilling than live TV, it gives viewers a chance to see the unexpected and unpredictable. SNL is taking this to the next level, essentially SNL will broadcast from their phone to yours, and fans will get a rare peek into what really happens when the cameras stop rolling.
HOW: To get backstage, all you’ll need to do is fan Verizon Wireless or SNL on Facebook and get the free Color for Facebook app.
To get the Color for Facebook app visit [color.com] from your mobile device or call **COLOR (that’s **26567). By calling this number, you will instantly receive a text message with a link to download the app. Color is also available in the iTunes App store and Google Play.
Once SNL to shoot LIVE video, you’ll get a little notification on your phone to tune into the LIVE Color video Broadcast, so you don’t miss any of the behind the scenes action.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: May 16, 2012 19:02

DandelionPowderman
Doxa
DandelionPowderman

- Doxa

Rusty? What about arthritis and the head injury? Nothing that affect him at all, right?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 16, 2012 19:17

It is NOT that hard to play two freeking simple songs! wtf?
Especially if they have VERY talented back up players to help out...

The whole idea of rock and roll is fun... good times... jamming... playing... etc etc... it should not be this fkg hard/difficult/dramatic.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-16 19:21 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: May 16, 2012 19:32

For some reason I am reminded of the Peter O'Toole movie "My Favorite Year."

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: May 16, 2012 20:26

When I listen to the above rehearsal video, it sounds good to me. Soulful.

When I listen and watch, it doesn't sound as good.

Keith's camp needs to release a video, like they did here after the live performance at Huberts gig and the Chuck award video didn't sound great. Give us a clip if his new material from the Wino's so all the naysayers who keep saying Keith can't play will STFU.

Keith's playing is not the problem, trust me.

His not being on SNL has NOTHING to do with how he plays the guitar.

This was set up as a Mick thing, and the band was not invited. That likely was Mick's decision, as I don't know who else would or could make a decision like that.

"I spoke to Mick and he said it's something that he said yes to many months ago, so he's just doing it," Richards says. "He's on his own."

Read more: [www.rollingstone.com]

I'm looking forward to see what Mick does, and I'm looking forward to the Stones continued progress in regard to playing live, and hopefully recording some new material.

If anyone was tested lately I think it was Mick Taylor, and all indications seem to indicate that if he is invited and if he accepts, he could add value to the current Stones line up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-16 21:18 by chelskeith.

Posted by: dadrob ()
Date: May 16, 2012 22:05

Jeff Beck and Tal Wikenfield (jeff's aussie girl bassist) both have said they were headed to NYC now

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 16, 2012 22:39

Mick having a higher profile, and connecting with a younger audience (via Foo Fighters & especially Arcade Fire) only helps hype interest in the Stones reforming. Mick, indeed, is the Superstar of the group, and the only one who tries to reach out to the younger musicians.

Date: May 16, 2012 22:55

chelskeith
When I listen to the above rehearsal video, it sounds good to me. Soulful.

When I listen and watch, it doesn't sound as good.

Keith's camp needs to release a video, like they did here after the live performance at Huberts gig and the Chuck award video didn't sound great. Give us a clip if his new material from the Wino's so all the naysayers who keep saying Keith can't play will STFU.

Keith's playing is not the problem, trust me.

His not being on SNL has NOTHING to do with how he plays the guitar.

This was set up as a Mick thing, and the band was not invited. That likely was Mick's decision, as I don't know who else would or could make a decision like that.

"I spoke to Mick and he said it's something that he said yes to many months ago, so he's just doing it," Richards says. "He's on his own."

Read more: [www.rollingstone.com]

I'm looking forward to see what Mick does, and I'm looking forward to the Stones continued progress in regard to playing live, and hopefully recording some new material.

If anyone was tested lately I think it was Mick Taylor, and all indications seem to indicate that if he is invited and if he accepts, he could add value to the current Stones line up.

I wont trust you at all since you don´t know what you are talking about, Keiths playing is not the problem? Are you tonedeaf? Have you ever seen his fingers, it´s bloody painful to play guitar when you got severe arthritis. During many shows at ABB Keith had to wash his hands with warm water to be able to play something at all, if you like many else here keep on living in denial then do so, it´s not my problem if you and many here don´t realize Keiths limitations these days.

Date: May 16, 2012 23:37

the jagger snl promos!

[www.nbc.com]

Date: May 17, 2012 00:03

this page at shidoobee is really worth reading

i don't know "phillyrob". apparently others on shidoobee do

anyway, based on "phillyrob"s report and certain anomalies i've noticed in the
facebook countdown clock, my personal "chance of SNL Stones" forecast is being
revised upwards again from 98% to 99.5%

[shidoobeewithstonesdoug.yuku.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-17 00:04 by superrevvy.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: May 17, 2012 00:14

superrevvy must be foaming at the mouth right now, waiting in anticipation to post "i told you! i was right all along! me me me me me!" tongue sticking out smiley

Date: May 17, 2012 00:22

fa fa fa fa fa

so so so so so

la la la la la

ti ti ti ti ti

do do do do do

I'm ready!

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 17, 2012 00:28

superrevvy

Based on what? From what I could read from his headache-inducing posts, "phillyrob" is simply trying to get into the show, hoping to get standby tickets. Not sure how that has any indication on the Stones being there.

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: May 17, 2012 00:31

Justin
superrevvy

Based on what? From what I could read from his headache-inducing posts, "phillyrob" is simply trying to get into the show, hoping to get standby tickets. Not sure how that has any indication on the Stones being there.

maybe phillyrob is keith

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: May 17, 2012 00:35

DandelionPowderman
Doxa
DandelionPowderman

- Doxa

I don't call that rusty. I call it a beautiful, soulful patina.

Posted by: rogue ()
Date: May 17, 2012 00:58

there are alos claims on Shidoobee that the streets around 30 Rock and the SNL studios are being closed on Saturday at 3PM. This is unconfirmed from what I can find but Shidoobees are now wondering this means a Stones show.

Seriously?

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 17, 2012 01:09

rogue
there are alos claims on Shidoobee that the streets around 30 Rock and the SNL studios are being closed on Saturday at 3PM. This is unconfirmed from what I can find but Shidoobees are now wondering this means a Stones show.

Seriously?

I'd expect the same conjecture on this very board...more specifically from the poster of this thread.

There are numerous closures going on throughout the city for various (large scale) functions. No mention of a secret Stones reunion show the reason for any of the closures.

[www.nyc.gov]

Date: May 17, 2012 01:10

rogue

Seriously?

OMG, this SNL event has become as big as the Cuban Missile Crisis!

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: May 17, 2012 01:14

JumpinJeppeFlash writes to me:
I wont trust you at all since you don´t know what you are talking about, Keiths playing is not the problem? Are you tonedeaf? Have you ever seen his fingers, it´s bloody painful to play guitar when you got severe arthritis. During many shows at ABB Keith had to wash his hands with warm water to be able to play something at all, if you like many else here keep on living in denial then do so, it´s not my problem if you and many here don´t realize Keiths limitations these days.

So I'll respond:

Are you the same cat who has said "Mick T is overrated" and the same guy who has pretty much done nothing but bash Keith over the past several months, with the disclaimer "it's just my opinion" or no one wants to see him be able to play again more than I do.

Really?

Doesn't sound like it.

Sounds to me like you hope he fails and then can say "I told you he was done".

OK, for starters, I"m not Tone Deaf.

Do you have arthritis? You seem to know how it feels. Do you know how Keith feels?

I heard the same poor performances from Keith you did, but that doesn't mean he's done. He deserves my respect in return for all he's given me musically.

Seriously, WTF are you doing wasting your time on this board if all you want to do is look for opportunities to play doctor and pretend you know the affect of his fingers looking messed up, or of the fall he had, and why not throw in the effect of him playing pretty much sober these days for the first time since the 60s?

If its a dark alley and I'm getting ready to get jumped, I'll take KR on my side, even at 68.

If you ask the most respected musicians who they want to play with before they die, I'll bet he's at or near the top of the list.

I"m telling you, Keith Richards can still play the guitar, and while he may not be the same guy he was on the 78 tour, etc. He will be Ok, and so will we.

I'm not sure how old you are, but he's been delivering the goods for me since I was 15, and now I'm in my 50s.

He's making a Wino's record for the first time in years, he's publicly apologized to Mick, and he has to be involved to some degree in all the cool stuff they're releasing, and no one more than Keith wants to get the band back together, and he's definitely biting his tongue these days, so I say cut him some slack.

All this "he's done" or "he cant play anymore" crap is just a bunch of speculation, or an over reaction to a couple impromptu gigs he did that sounded bad. Were you there? Do you know all the variables, or are you just one of those guys who jumps on a bandwagon?

I thought this was a place for fans to hang out. You dont sound like a fan to me, you sound like one of those people who bitches for the sake of bitchin'...

BITCH.

Date: May 17, 2012 01:16

MightyStonesStillRollin50
rogue

Seriously?

I hear streets are going to be shut down all over the world so Stones fans can gather in the streets and watch giant video screens of one of the most anticipated events of the last 50 years!

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: May 17, 2012 01:17

rogue

Seriously?

The activities of the Stones haven't been this interesting or intriguing in years. No matter what happens, well played men, well played.

Date: May 17, 2012 01:22

big4
rogue

Seriously?

The activities of the Stones haven't been this interesting or intriguing in years. No matter what happens, well played men, well played.

I can hardly bare the suspense! And we still have three days to go!

Date: May 17, 2012 01:24

big4
rogue

Seriously?

I can hardly bare the suspense! And we still have three days to go!

Just one little hint, Mick, one little hint! That's all I am asking for!

Date: May 17, 2012 01:34

chelskeith

So I'll respond:

Are you the same cat who has said "Mick T is overrated" and the same guy who has pretty much done nothing but bash Keith over the past several months, with the disclaimer "it's just my opinion" or no one wants to see him be able to play again more than I do.

Really?

Doesn't sound like it.

Do you have arthritis? You seem to know how it feels. Do you know how Keith feels?

I heard the same poor performances from Keith you did, but that doesn't mean he's done. He deserves my respect in return for all he's given me musically.

Seriously, WTF are you doing wasting your time on this board if all you want to do is look for opportunities to play doctor and pretend you know the affect of his fingers looking messed up, or of the fall he had, and why not throw in the effect of him playing pretty much sober these days for the first time since the 60s?

If its a dark alley and I'm getting ready to get jumped, I'll take KR on my side, even at 68.

If you ask the most respected musicians who they want to play with before they die, I'll bet he's at or near the top of the list.

I"m telling you, Keith Richards can still play the guitar, and while he may not be the same guy he was on the 78 tour, etc. He will be Ok, and so will we.

I'm not sure how old you are, but he's been delivering the goods for me since I was 15, and now I'm in my 50s.

He's making a Wino's record for the first time in years, he's publicly apologized to Mick, and he has to be involved to some degree in all the cool stuff they're releasing, and no one more than Keith wants to get the band back together, and he's definitely biting his tongue these days, so I say cut him some slack.

All this "he's done" or "he cant play anymore" crap is just a bunch of speculation, or an over reaction to a couple impromptu gigs he did that sounded bad. Were you there? Do you know all the variables, or are you just one of those guys who jumps on a bandwagon?

I thought this was a place for fans to hang out. You dont sound like a fan to me, you sound like one of those people who bitches for the sake of bitchin'...

BITCH.

I´m just being realistic, last tour he played well was Licks as i´ve said many times before and i´m not the only one here with that opinion. And yes a very close relative of mine have arthritis so i do know what i´m talking about and how painful it is. You are just one of those people that never would criticize Keith because he is Keith, a fan can be critical you know, or maybe you don´t understand that? Stop acting that you know something about his current guitar skills, you don¨t understand that, there is no proof of a new winos record. And yes i think Mick T. is overrated, that´s my opinion and i don´t care at all what you thínk about that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-17 01:36 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: May 17, 2012 01:36

Max'sKansasCity
It is NOT that hard to play two freeking simple songs! wtf?
Especially if they have VERY talented back up players to help out...

Exactly! JJF for him, even with arthritis and a head injury, is a lock.
The dude can't, and hasn't played it badly, even in the midst of the second leg of the last tour, where he was "off and on". Same goes for SMU, even if we here are sick of it, he'll pound it out good. A tour or 2-hour show, of course, is another matter.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 17, 2012 01:39

chelskeith

So I'll respond:

Really?

Doesn't sound like it.

BITCH.

AAAAAA-MEN thumbs up

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 59

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1743
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home