Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 59
Re: Stones announced to appear on SNL?
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: May 13, 2012 05:41

Edith Grove
Better hope she doesn't follow this board, Chris.

she doesn't and she is so fed up at this point i'm not sure she'd care smiling smiley

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 13, 2012 05:43

hbwriter
Max'sKansasCity
poor superrevvy...
he got yelled at for posting this an 2 1/2 hours ago in the SNL thread. [www.iorr.org]
Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: May 13, 2012 03:02
whoops - my bad

not bad, I say the more info about this the better,
I just dont understand why revvy got yelled at...
we are finally hitting critical mass on this... after sitting around
picking our butts and noses for years... and finally info starts to flow... and

I SAY YIPEE!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-13 05:50 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: May 13, 2012 14:15

hbwriter
On Yahoo News right now:

"Here’s a way to end with a bang: The season finale for the sketch comedy show “Saturday Night Live” will be hosted by Rolling Stones frontman and rock icon Mick Jagger on May 19. The legendary band, which will also be the musical guest, is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year."

I have a note in to someone now that I believe would know the firm answer on this - soon as i hear back i am posting it here - not sure if she is checking emails this weekend and she has been swamped with Stones stuff lately...

Oh man, I hope this is the real deal. hot smiley And what about the Jeff Beck news re SNL? And the Keith news re he's in Dallas?

Waiting for SNL is harder than waiting on a friend.....

Re: Mick Jagger to Host, Perform on 'Saturday Night Live' Season Finale May 19
Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: May 13, 2012 20:28

Keith is not in Dallas, it was a bad rumor.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 13, 2012 20:33

.....that's an understatement...

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: May 13, 2012 20:56

I heard the Yahoo report has been retracted.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 13, 2012 20:59

hbwriter
On Yahoo News right now:

"Here’s a way to end with a bang: The season finale for the sketch comedy show “Saturday Night Live” will be hosted by Rolling Stones frontman and rock icon Mick Jagger on May 19. The legendary band, which will also be the musical guest, is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year."

My guess is that this was written by some very young Yahoo employee who just assumes that any group of musicians backing up Mick Jagger is "The Rolling Stones".

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: May 13, 2012 21:10

See it for Beck.

Sowwy I'm a Debbie Downer.

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: May 13, 2012 21:33

SNL knows better than Yahoo or anyone else what is happening on SNL. And SNL says Arcade Fire, Foo Fighters, Jeff Beck.

Date: May 13, 2012 21:45

vermontoffender
I heard the Yahoo report has been retracted.
nope .. it is still up [search.yahoo.com]

edit- wait... which story? The Stones part or the Keith part?...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-13 21:52 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: May 14, 2012 00:01

doubledoor
SNL knows better than Yahoo or anyone else what is happening on SNL. And SNL says Arcade Fire, Foo Fighters, Jeff Beck.

All SNL says at the moment is "Mick Jagger with special guests"

[www.nbc.com]

Foos and Arcade have confirmed. Not one news outlet has ever said "jeff Beck".

The Stones are definitely band 3. Mick will not sing or play with band 1 or 2.
Bands 1 and 2 do a cool new version of a Stones hit. Band 3 does too.

Bands 1 and 2 join band 3 on BIG (not long) tour.

FacebooK counter: 9,945,978. Something needs to start it up!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-14 00:11 by superrevvy.

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: May 14, 2012 00:11

I think that story has been taken down; the one about Jagger playing with the Stones on SNL. I know the source for the "Keith in Dallas" story has now said the story isn't true.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 14, 2012 00:20

Don't need a news outlet to confirm Beck. I saw them advertise it on Saturday Night Live last night. Mick Jagger in huge letters, followed by Foos, Arcade & Jeff Beck.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 14, 2012 00:25

24FPS
I saw them advertise it on Saturday Night Live last night.

Thanks

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: May 14, 2012 00:31

Nonsense! If it was Jeff Beck and not the Stones, it would be HUGE worldwide news.
"No Stones" the headlines would blare.

The reason they are not blaring that? Because they have the Stones news, but
it is embargoed until facebook 10 million.

But here I'll leak it, from my brain: Stones on SNL! Big tour announcement!

Date: May 14, 2012 01:03

Why say nonsense?

As I (and others) posted in this thread last night, the show itself said....

Date: May 13, 2012 06:56
SNL ad for next week just said
May 18 2012
Mick Jagger
Featuring
Arcade Fire
Foo Fighters & Jeff Beck

It dosnt mean The Stones wont play... it just mean... ah.... we all know what it means.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-14 01:04 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: rogue ()
Date: May 14, 2012 01:12

I have been checking my own contacts through various media in NY.
The gag order is still in place. While I do not like superevvy I have been given no reason to doubt his claims about the Stones on SNL. When I have asked about the Stones I get no comment on the show. The smoke screen is growing with the Beck option and the Dallas. Rumor. There will be a few more false leads from the Stones before all is revealed with "a bigger than the flatbed " stunt.

I don't like him. But he is right.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-14 01:14 by rogue.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 14, 2012 01:51

SNL usually devotes time to two musical numbers, in VERY rare cases, three. So are we supposed to believe MJ is going to play with Arcade Fart, Food Fight and Nigel Tufnel (I mean Jeff Beck) and STILL play with the Stones?

Date: May 14, 2012 01:57

If this is a big ruse I think it would be brilliant if Jagger had gotten these other acts in on the conspiracy on;y to mislead everyone and play with the Stones. Also seems the only way they could keep the thing secret would be these bits of disinformation. Plus the timing of the NY reharsals is a giant clue. But do we really think these other acts would allow themselves to be used as decoys in this way? I kind of don't.

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: May 14, 2012 02:10

Something tells me the 10m Facebook thing is being floated out there by the same guy whose supposed to send me a fan club DVD.

I hope not, but given the sad state of the SNL situation, I'm not holding my breath.

Why rehearse for a week and then play with other people?

This sends the wrong message Mick, unless you don't care.

Posted by: winter ()
Date: May 14, 2012 02:15

71Tele
SNL usually devotes time to two musical numbers, in VERY rare cases, three. So are we supposed to believe MJ is going to play with Arcade Fart, Food Fight and Jeff Beck and STILL play with the Stones?

No. As you say, there's usually just 2 songs, AND setting up Arcade Fire (large group) plus the Foos either takes 2 stages or one quick equipment and backdrop change. My guess is that Jeff teams with the Foos (generic, but capable of louder rock number), but I don't think either band is as good as just having Jagger and Beck play with the SNL house band. There's absolutely NO reason for the Stones to play this, OR to 'hide/surprise' the whole thing if they did.

If superrevvy wants to pretend Jeff Beck isn't playing, that's fine with me.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 14, 2012 02:18

Max'sKansasCity
Why say nonsense?

May 18 2012
Mick Jagger
Featuring
Arcade Fire
Foo Fighters & Jeff Beck

It dosnt mean The Stones wont play... it just mean... ah.... we all know what it means.
Yes,it means you owe me money.>grinning smiley<

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: May 14, 2012 02:20

winter
71Tele
SNL usually devotes time to two musical numbers, in VERY rare cases, three. So are we supposed to believe MJ is going to play with Arcade Fart, Food Fight and Jeff Beck and STILL play with the Stones?

No. As you say, there's usually just 2 songs, AND setting up Arcade Fire (large group) plus the Foos either takes 2 stages or one quick equipment and backdrop change. My guess is that Jeff teams with the Foos (generic, but capable of louder rock number), but I don't think either band is as good as just having Jagger and Beck play with the SNL house band. There's absolutely NO reason for the Stones to play this, OR to 'hide/surprise' the whole thing if they did.

If superrevvy wants to pretend Jeff Beck isn't playing, that's fine with me.

Hey you edited it out my sarcastic reference to Jeff Beck. Censorship! smoking smiley

Date: May 14, 2012 02:28

sweetcharmedlife
Max'sKansasCity
Why say nonsense?

May 18 2012
Mick Jagger
Featuring
Arcade Fire
Foo Fighters & Jeff Beck

Yes,it means you owe me money.>grinning smiley<

anck!!! wrong...
it means I have the ENORMOUS task of figuring out what to spend my five HUNDRED Dollars on smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-14 02:31 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: May 14, 2012 03:08

I've too have been lurking here for years and finally remembered my pw so I can post. All this speculation has me just about ready to explode. I was fairly certain this would be the "big announcement" prior to last night's announcement regarding Arcade Fire, Foo Fighters and Jeff Beck. Now, I'm not so sure. I thought for sure after seeing Mick Taylor on Jimmy Fallon playing CYHMK that was a precursor to bigger things to come. Now I'm not so sure. But it does beg the question, of "Why now?" regarding Jagger. No album to promote. Really not much going on other then the possible Stones anniv. The've been dick teasing us long enough, I do believe it is either put up or shut up time. I've heard a lot of people suggesting the rest of the Stones are in NY for rehearsal. Has this actually been confirmed? Is Bill in town? Did he fly? Who's playing piano? I ran into Chuck Leavell a few weeks ago at Ronnie's concert in AC and asked him if anything was brewing and he seemed sincere when he said "not really." He said he's pretty busy with his own stuff right now. Now, he has been w/ the Stones long enough to know not to leak anything so I don't know if I can put any stock in what he says. Honestly my biggest concern regarding getting the band back together is Keith. Is he up for it? Even just a few shows. I thought it rather telling that he wasn't playing at the Hubert Sumlin tribute. Can he still play effectively? Then I thought about the Mick Taylor rumors. Would all three guitarist's be playing together? If so, maybe Ronnie and Mick could sort of cover for Keith a bit. Idk, at this point it will be very disappointing if the Stones do not show up and play on SNL and if they do not, I have serious doubts if they're will be anything resembling a tour or even run of concerts for the 50th anniv. All that said, if you go by what Keith says, '63 was the birth, 2013 is still pretty for off, but they aren't getting any younger. As for me, I'll be seeing the Beach Boys 50th anniv. concert in AC Saturday night then up to my room at Borgata promptly at 11:29pm to see what happens on SNL.

Posted by: rogue ()
Date: May 14, 2012 03:59

The yahoo report got pulled because it was posted too soon.

Facebook execs and Zuckerberg were in NYC all week in prep for their IPO.

Jagger in town but no known rehearala. Promo for SNL lists Foos and Arcade and Beck. SNL site only says special guests.

Foes have a concert in NJ on the 19th. They could do both but maybe not.

If the Foos and Arcade and Beck are opening acts for Stones tour there prescribe could make sense.

Also, my NYC media friends won't say anything about the show right now.
Say they can't.

Yeah, I know...nobody knows me or cares.

Posted by: batcave ()
Date: May 14, 2012 04:05

71Tele
SNL usually devotes time to two musical numbers, in VERY rare cases, three. So are we supposed to believe MJ is going to play with Arcade Fart, Food Fight and Nigel Tufnel (I mean Jeff Beck) and STILL play with the Stones?

Both The Band and the Grateful Dead played four songs during their appearances on SNL, so there is a precedent....

Date: May 14, 2012 04:18

It is possible that Keith and Ronnie and Charlie... and maybe even Mick and Loren Michaels are not 100% sure what will happen. They are probably throwing a bunch of shit against the wall.. and waiting to see what sticks.

My main hopes are that we get a A+Rated SNL episode. Mick deserves it. He is older so skits should be skewed to that fact... we dont need rehash of old unfunny skits like "WHATS UP WITH THAT"... We need a show like when Helen Miran was host... that was a great episode... really funny... smart humor... and Helen was a pro.... Mick is pro... this is going to work.

We need to remember that this is NOT only about our Rolling Stones playing.... it is also about Mick looking good... I really hope for a great episode.

Mick needs to let his hair down... and roll with it..... the writers need to come up with some great skits that do not require lot of exact cue card reading.... they need to place Mick in easy setups where Mick can glide and be himself.... like that skit from back in day where Mike Myers and Mick had us rolling on the floor... stuff like that.

Do some skits making fun of us fans... or making making fun of old rock stars... making fun of the state of music today... tell the truth... make fun of all of us real life can be funny as hell.

Again... I hope the SNL people actually look at some of our IORR skit ideas... [www.iorr.org] there is some funny stuff there, ideas which would allow Mick to "wing it"... without reading cue cards.

LETS HAVE A GREAT EPISODE!!!! BREAK A LEG!!!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-14 04:31 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 14, 2012 04:26

if indeed more special guests are in line...then an opening with Jagger and Bowie... in bed together reminiscing....would be amazing...could Jagger walk that mega urban legend right into America's living rooms and smack it upside its head???

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: May 14, 2012 04:30

The Macca got three music slots recently (a couple years ago) as well.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 59

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1753
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home