Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 7 of 9
Re: Remixed Brussels Affairs - anyone bought it?
Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: November 18, 2011 23:43

barbabang
Bärs
I don't know if I've downloaded some other file, but it only sounds like a bootleg. Actually worse than what I already had. The clearness in the sound is not there. Gimme Shelter had a very poor mix and I'm not impressed by Taylor's sound.

Hmmm...

1. Mixed from multi-track.

2. Prepared and mastered by Bob Clearmountain

3. No Dynamic Compression (!!)

4. Every instrument is balanced. When there is a solo you hear the instrument more prominently

5. Best official live show ever (until now)

Listen again.

DO IT!

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: November 18, 2011 23:46

JohnnyBGoode
barbabang
Bärs
I don't know if I've downloaded some other file, but it only sounds like a bootleg. Actually worse than what I already had. The clearness in the sound is not there. Gimme Shelter had a very poor mix and I'm not impressed by Taylor's sound.

Hmmm...

1. Mixed from multi-track.

2. Prepared and mastered by Bob Clearmountain

4. Every instrument is balanced. When there is a solo you hear the instrument more prominently

5. Best official live show ever (until now)

Listen again.

DO IT!

It is on non-stop! I'm sorry for my neighbourswinking smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 18, 2011 23:50

Listening right now...wow this thing rocks, never been a big fan of this song, but @#$%& is out of this world, last time I felt like that about a Stones song was when I saw Mick and Keith up close on the B-Stage in 1999 in San Jose during Midnight Rambler, so that's saying something!

Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: November 18, 2011 23:50

A lot of complaining about $7 dollars, I got the Brussels download from The Stones Archive, no trouble, no paypal, its good but Im not sure its better than the other one but I have only had the one listen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-18 23:53 by lapaz62.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: November 19, 2011 00:02

barbabang

There is dynamic compression. Listen to the drums.

Posted by: Bärs ()
Date: November 19, 2011 01:02

Justin
You have a very special ear. Out of the hundreds of posts I've read on this and other boards (which include serious audiophiles) about this release...I haven't come across one post putting down the mix.

I don't know. There are some other complaints in the threads. I simply had wrong expectations reading how mindblowing it was, and then finding out that the cruicial live feeling and rich guitars are gone. But I'll recover.

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: November 19, 2011 01:08

I wonder if the reverb was added? Funny how it still sounds sort if like the bootleg versions in general feel and in terms of the ambience etc.

Posted by: hedegaard ()
Date: November 19, 2011 01:17

Just dl it. I must admit that this is SOOO GREAT!I did,nt expectet that big diff.
Its fantastic. The horns are so clear -like the rest of the band. I,m really surprised!!

cheers Bo hot smileyhot smileyhot smiley

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: November 19, 2011 01:20

hedegaard
Just dl it. I must admit that this is SOOO GREAT!I did,nt expectet that big diff.
Its fantastic. The horns are so clear -like the rest of the band. I,m really surprised!!

cheers Bo hot smileyhot smileyhot smiley

Where did you get it? Are you in the US?

Date: November 19, 2011 01:25

StonesTod
Munichhilton
Erik_Snow
Munichhilton
ahhhh!

I just read the entire Mocambo show will be available next for $85.00.
Figures. Canada only it says.

Can't remember where I read that.

But seriously.....which shows will we think follow ?

Dammit Erik.
I'm trying to be serious.

Oh heck...how about Knebworth. They have the nice Wild Horses available (to some countries)...

something from the dirty work tour would be nice. why they have kept a tight lid on those shows is beyond me.

It was startling - opening with Too Rude. That took some balls.

Date: November 19, 2011 01:27

That bit Keith mentioned, Mick talking in German or whatever language it was after Tumbling Dice going into Mr D on the boot but is actually before Star Star - is that on this version?

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 19, 2011 02:28

Love Keith praising Mick about his performance this one!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 19, 2011 02:39

angee
Love Keith praising Mick about his performance this one!

Almost agree
Perhaps Keith was smoothing over the truth and lies of his book?

Just an idea [for the record I'm on the KR side]

Date: November 19, 2011 03:39

I have an apple with safari system. How do I burn a cd from this google music? I bought it and would like to put it on a cd for my car....HELP!!!!

Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: November 19, 2011 04:04

Dont worry about google music, get it from the stones archive, easy download, any country, just use your credit card, its only $7 for christ sake.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 19, 2011 04:13

Who's Driving Your Plane?
I have an apple with safari system. How do I burn a cd from this google music? I bought it and would like to put it on a cd for my car....HELP!!!!

Check out their tutorial.
Download the tracks to your computer using musicmanager [googleproduct] then you can move the MP3 into your burning software

Watch out for microgaps. Google music has them on every track. You would not notice them on a CD without a crowd....but on a live CD, a crowd can be heard between songs and you will hear microgaps [truncated MP3's] with EVERYTHING you buy from them.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 19, 2011 04:15

Bärs

You didnt already have it as its mostly a different show which hasnt circulated as a soundboard before.

If youd bought it as a bootleg, youd have paid three or four times as much.

Cant people just try and enjoy it for what it is instead of analysing (with the emphasis on 'anal') it to death?

A professionally mixed vintage and uncirculated Stones show for five quid in a lossless format. How can anyone seriously be upset about this?

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: November 19, 2011 04:24

GAZZA is this not the boot we are all familiar with? I am really not sure

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 19, 2011 04:36

love MJ's vocals on this, Keith too...listening to YCAGWYW right now

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: November 19, 2011 05:08

melillo

Sorry, but what have we been talking about all these sites? Why not just read a few posts?
And no,it's not the same really. .

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: November 19, 2011 05:38

thats all you had to say why is it a problem? last time i checked your name wasnt GAZZA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-19 05:41 by melillo.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 19, 2011 06:04

Knowing next to nothing about sound tech, and on a Mac, with laptop speakers, it does seem to me that playing directly from the Google Music site
sounds much better than from the downloaded mp3s that went to iTunes. Either that or I just don't get enough volume from the iTunes and the
loudness I have from Google Music is very good.

Posted by: Steel_Wheels ()
Date: November 19, 2011 07:00

Wow. Simply glorious. Cheers to all those who made this is what it is.

Posted by: gipsy12 ()
Date: November 19, 2011 08:23

Just downloaded it from stonesarchives - and as an old – new Stones fan I can't compare with other versions – the sound is really fantastic!

Posted by: Bärs ()
Date: November 19, 2011 11:37

Gazza
Bärs

You didnt already have it as its mostly a different show which hasnt circulated as a soundboard before.

Cant people just try and enjoy it for what it is instead of analysing (with the emphasis on 'anal') it to death?

A professionally mixed vintage and uncirculated Stones show for five quid in a lossless format. How can anyone seriously be upset about this?

Yes, I have Brussels Affair, stop playing with semantics. This one is worse than what was already available, which I btw downloaded for free. It's amazing that they can't make anything with a good r'n'r sound these days.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 19, 2011 11:49

Gazza
Cant people just try and enjoy it for what it is instead of analysing it to death?

thumbs up

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: November 19, 2011 11:54

melillo

My name isn't Gazza either, but the answer is no. This recording is mostly from the 2nd show. Bootlegs are from the 1st show.

-------------------

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: November 19, 2011 12:02

Bärs
Gazza
Bärs

Yes, I have Brussels Affair, stop playing with semantics. This one is worse than what was already available, which I btw downloaded for free. It's amazing that they can't make anything with a good r'n'r sound these days.
I respect your opinion Bärs but honestly I am surprised by your appreciation of this new Brussels Affair.
I really believe that it's quite good quality, one of the best of our collection.
It's very difficult to have better than this one.

Date: November 19, 2011 12:20

Bärs
I have Brussels Affair.
This one is worse than what was already available.

I have Brussels Affair (Chamelion Records) too.
I also have The Lost Brussels (Vinyl Gang Product).
Besides the fact that the new one has recordings from a different show, it also sounds much better than my bootlegs.
If anyone says it sounds worse than the bootlegs, then they must have done something wrong with the downloading or transferring or whatever might go wrong.

-------------------

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: November 19, 2011 12:32

i think it sounds fantastic but even if source would of been from a mono am broadcast i wouldn't complain because it's material never before released from the stones golden era.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 7 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1979
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home