Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 5 of 9
Re: Remixed Brussels Affairs - anyone bought it?
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 18, 2011 04:17

mjmjr
why no flac in the us?????? This sucks

Yup. Too bad.
I contacted both Bravado and GoogleMusic and there are no plans to offer FLAC in the US.
They must think its a Europe fad to have lossless music.
A true loss for them as I've bought the only MP3 show I ever will.
Lossless? Lossalot (of sales)...I'm gonna copyright that.

Now I'll wait for the downloads!

Great show!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 18, 2011 05:53

I'm downloading the Flac'in files right now!

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: November 18, 2011 06:50

Bought the mp3s, then torrented the flac files. They gave me no option!

This sounds PHENOMENAL. Bob Cleanmountain is on his A-game these days. Live In Texas sounds freaking amazing on dvd (not in my theater unfortunately), and now this. For those of you who haven't bought it yet, the biggest difference (among many distinctions) is the dramatically improved drum sound. The old Brussels boot is fantastic (Midnight Rambler is a standout) but the sound on this is completely different. I am shocked.

I am in the process of moving (home & business) and I can't wait to listen to this at incredible volumes in my new office/studio. Yamaha HS80M monitors with the paired HS10 sub. Can't wait. Sounds amazing as is.. Can't wait to see what else they put out. Hopefully NOTHING from 75-76 or 89-90!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 18, 2011 07:03

Still can't access it.

This message comes up. Anybody know what I can do while I wait for their customer helpdesk to get back?

Server Error in '/' Application.
Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Posted by: champ72 ()
Date: November 18, 2011 07:33

I got the same problem..

Silver Dagger
Still can't access it.

This message comes up. Anybody know what I can do while I wait for their customer helpdesk to get back?

Server Error in '/' Application.
Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: November 18, 2011 07:57

It is so so good. Talk about finishing strong, and ending with a bang; the last couple minutes of Street Fighting Man are about as good a couple minutes from the Stones you will ever find.

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: November 18, 2011 08:25

Erik_Snow
silkcut1978_
All in all it's too good to be true, maybe the best 9 Dollars of my life. It IS a hell of a recording and I'm beginning to think about having it cut on vinyl for my personal use. Would rather have it on disc and not on my i_Phone confused smiley

Cut on vinyl for personal use ? My god what an idea...I'd love to have it myself; even though it's not analog in the first place
But I'm guessing that within a few months, it will be pressed to vinyl by the bootlegers; and available on the interenet.....and probably a lot less expensive than pressing just "1 copy" for oneself.

You may be right with the bootleggers, probably it won't take long...
But it's fun in a way - once I had the "complete" Blue Boy-tapes cut on a 10inch vinyl for 70 Euro and then there was another track and now "You're Right, I'm Left, She's Gone" eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Gibson668 ()
Date: November 18, 2011 08:35

Brilliant..FLAC bought, Converted, CD's burnt, Installed on iTunes, iPod, iPhone...This was the first vinyl Stones bootleg I ever bought, and I have been waiting years for this..Thank You! Best £5.50 spent in a long while..Don't be tight asses..pay for it and they'll release more...

Posted by: champ72 ()
Date: November 18, 2011 08:50

Technical problems sorted and FLAC downloaded! Am listening now, 4 songs in, SUPERB!

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: November 18, 2011 09:15

Go to Java.com and download it, this will help re the download error (for Windows and Linux users)

If you have a Mac then java.com won't help, you need Apple's Java: use Spotlight to search for Java Settings then click update / download Java

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: November 18, 2011 09:34

Taylor sounds incredible on this.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: November 18, 2011 09:57

It should be noted that Keith sounds incredible on this. Hard to believe that he's actually become underrated on a Rolling Stones board like this.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 18, 2011 10:04

Yes, once I downloaded Java it worked a treat. Fantastic recording.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 18, 2011 10:10

Brussels Affair

Amazing sounding vintage Rolling Stones at their best.
They are all on fire!
Definitely as good as Ya-Ya's

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: November 18, 2011 10:34

Let me tell you this: It is absolutely amazing. Bought it in FLAC, been on heavy rotation eve since. Stunning!!!!!

Buy it, if you have the chance!

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: November 18, 2011 11:56

Got the FLACs last night and converted them to MP3 for itunes. Definitely an improvement on the Brussels Affair boot - I can hear horns on Brown Sugar for the first time.

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: November 18, 2011 12:30

Who could have thought we would get a legal release of 1973 live material, fantastic! It sounds spectacular.

I am also pleased both that we got so many songs that hadn't previously been on bootlegs and that two of the songs that we did know are perhaps the most exciting of that show.

If anybody is still having trouble downloading, i had to temporarily disable my firewall to get it so that may be worth trying.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: November 18, 2011 12:37

Absolutely GREAT!
I like the mix, with all instruments standing out just fine. Indeed, the horns are more clear
now. Great quality all around!

Thank you Rolling Stones!!!

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: November 18, 2011 12:49

Hello,

This techno-fuckwit needs a hand!
I've downloaded the FLAC version and then converted it to MP3 using Bigasoft Audio Converter so that I can bung it on iTunes.

So far, so good...well, great to be fair as the band are sounding terrific!

My problem is that none of the songs 'run' into the next one: the next song starts instantly e.g. from the dying chord of 'Gimme Shelter' to the start of 'Happy' there is no time at all.

What am I doing wrong folks?

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: masseolle ()
Date: November 18, 2011 12:55

smileys with beer

I am at the moment listening to it (Flac) and wow this is really fantastic! The sound is so crisp and as many have commented the drum sound blows me away! I really hope that they will continue to upload rem concerts. Imagine if they have a 1970 concert!!!

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: November 18, 2011 12:59

SimonN
Hello,

This techno-fuckwit needs a hand!
I've downloaded the FLAC version and then converted it to MP3 using Bigasoft Audio Converter so that I can bung it on iTunes.

So far, so good...well, great to be fair as the band are sounding terrific!

My problem is that none of the songs 'run' into the next one: the next song starts instantly e.g. from the dying chord of 'Gimme Shelter' to the start of 'Happy' there is no time at all.

What am I doing wrong folks?

Cheers,

Simon.

To add files to itunes I do the following

1. Convert FLAC to wav (don't cancel FLAC files)
2. Add Wav files to itunes
3. Set up what kind of compression you want as a final result (general settings > import settings)
4. If you want compressed files, select the imported files and from the "advanced" menu select create AAC version. Cancel old files

To have the songs running one into the other, from itunes select the album, right clic, add info, options, select gapless album

C

Date: November 18, 2011 13:00

Are they stats available of how many downloads have they sold yet?

C

Date: November 18, 2011 13:01

Hi liddas,

A big thank-you...I'll get right on it!

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: November 18, 2011 13:33

sounds GREAT!

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 18, 2011 13:34

Brussels AffairsBrussels AffairsBrussels AffairsBrussels AffairsBrussels AffairsBrussels AffairsBrussels AffairsBrussels AffairsBrussels AffairsBrussels AffairsBrussels Affairs ...AAAAAAARRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH,,,´this affairs gonna kill me...confused smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Hotstuff ()
Date: November 18, 2011 14:25

Downloaded from Spain. No problem with it. Sounds great!!

Date: November 18, 2011 14:32

Hello,

Right then, back to step one for eejits...which program do you good people use to convert from FLAC to MP3?
The 'free' ones that I've tried so far only convert 50% of the track before asking for money...nightmare scenario!

Brussels- I *will* listen to you in full!

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 18, 2011 14:36

SimonN
which program do you good people use to convert from FLAC to MP3?

SimonN, see the top couple of posts here: [www.iorr.org]
where the gallant Erik Snow directed me to a very easy-to-use freeware program.
i converted the flac to wav files, not mp3s, but maybe it'll do you good?

Date: November 18, 2011 14:39

SimonN
Hello,

Right then, back to step one for eejits...which program do you good people use to convert from FLAC to MP3?
The 'free' ones that I've tried so far only convert 50% of the track before asking for money...nightmare scenario!

Brussels- I *will* listen to you in full!

Cheers,

Simon.

[flac.sourceforge.net]

C

Date: November 18, 2011 14:41

Hi with sssoul,

Thanks (also to Erik) for that pointer- people like me who don't read the whole thread are a nightmare, hah-hah!
At the risk of complicating things even further, what is the difference between WAV and MP3?

Cheers,

Simon.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 5 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2521
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home