Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 8 of 9
Re: Remixed Brussels Affairs - anyone bought it?
Posted by: pike bishop ()
Date: November 19, 2011 14:05

Well this is so weird,the bellyaching and critism.The sound is amazing ,Clearmountain has done a great job.the version of Midnight Rambler has to be heard,the clarity of all the tracks is the dogs.People its only 9 dollars for 79 minutes of a gig you never heard.It sure knocks the socks off "love you live"and that other abomination "live licks".Buy this .

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: November 19, 2011 14:19

Agreed, has anyone figured out or broke down which of these new versions are on other release and which are not?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-19 14:30 by shadooby.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 19, 2011 14:27

shadooby
Agreed, has antone figured out or broke down which of these new versions are on other release and which are not?

yes, people have posted that a number of times -
BS, MR and SFM are from the first show and are therefore familiar
Taylor's solo in ADTL as well. the rest is from the mostly uncirculated second show.

Date: November 19, 2011 14:29

Thanks, but do you happen to know which boots are BS, MR and SFM on?

Date: November 19, 2011 14:44

shadooby
Thanks, but do you happen to know which boots are BS, MR and SFM on?

... the one that circulates as Brussels Affair, Bedspring Symphony, Nasty Muzik or assorted other titles.
it's composed partly of the first Brussels show and partly London. BS, MR and SFM are from Brussels 1.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-19 15:00 by with sssoul.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: November 19, 2011 14:51

Yes, this really is amazing. And a total surprise, that it suddenly was aviable officially. I bought it as a FLAC - but wasn't able to make my downloads the Java or the other suggested programmes work (on Windows) - so after hours of grumpling and redownloading I had to buy the mp3-version. Some day I hope though, that I will be able to listen the FLACs.

It would have been nice if it was aviable on cd too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-19 14:57 by GetYerAngie.

Are the Rolling Stone aloud to use the name "Brussels Affair"
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 19, 2011 15:04

Just wonder who came up with the name...............

Re: Are the Rolling Stone allowed to use the name "Brussels Affair"
Date: November 19, 2011 15:10

... whoever came up with that name for the bootleg had no legal right to the material,
so i'd say they're not in much of a position to tussle with RS Inc's fleet of lawyers

besides which, they are the Rolling Stones, so why does "allowed" come into it??
and anyway the title they've given this release isn't Brussels Affair - it's The Brussels Affair '73, so there! tongue sticking out smiley

Re: Are the Rolling Stone aloud to use the name "Brussels Affair"
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: November 19, 2011 15:15

If the bootlegger had the nerve to claim any rights...

we'd need only a small tiny bag of popcorn to see how that turns out.

Re: Are the Rolling Stone allowed to use the name "Brussels Affair"
Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: November 19, 2011 15:16

They could've used "Bedspring Symphony" or "Nasty Music" too.
[www.rollingstonesnet.com]
[www.rollingstonesnet.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: November 19, 2011 16:06

Bärs
Gazza
Bärs
I don't know if I've downloaded some other file, but it only sounds like a bootleg. Actually worse than what I already had. The clearness in the sound is not there. Gimme Shelter had a very poor mix and I'm not impressed by Taylor's sound.

You didnt already have it as its mostly a different show which hasnt circulated as a soundboard before.

If youd bought it as a bootleg, youd have paid three or four times as much.

Cant people just try and enjoy it for what it is instead of analysing (with the emphasis on 'anal') it to death?

A professionally mixed vintage and uncirculated Stones show for five quid in a lossless format. How can anyone seriously be upset about this?

Yes, I have Brussels Affair, stop playing with semantics. This one is worse than what was already available, which I btw downloaded for free. It's amazing that they can't make anything with a good r'n'r sound these days.

Why are you complaining - you DLed it for free. You are a galling nitz.

Aside from sonic quality, is the New Brussels release a better performance than the classic boot version?
Posted by: donvis ()
Date: November 18, 2011 22:11

Most of the performances on the new version are different from the old. Which do you think is a better overall live presentation?

Re: Aside from sonic quality, is the New Brussels release a better performance than the classic boot version?
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: November 18, 2011 22:54

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-18 23:31 by TooTough.

Re: Aside from sonic quality, is the New Brussels release a better performance than the classic boot version?
Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: November 18, 2011 23:38

Actually the boot is a better performance in my opinion.

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: November 19, 2011 15:41

I couldn't believe it, I played my Boot for an A/B test and the boot held up pretty damn good - my ears are not good enough to give definitve answer on this though LOL

As far as performance, the boot is pretty damn amazing - always was!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-19 15:41 by Lynd8.

Brussels Affair vs Bedspring Symphony
Posted by: shawnriffhard ()
Date: November 19, 2011 11:36

I'm pumped about the new album but I'm wondering what everybody thinks re: afternoon show compared to evening show?

Re: Brussels Affair vs Bedspring Symphony
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 19, 2011 12:00

Try these threads

[www.iorr.org]

[www.iorr.org]

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Cardinal Fang ()
Date: November 19, 2011 13:44

Hey Shawn!

I've only listened to it twice so I may change my mind down the road so here goes:
Performance wise they are pretty similar. Mick might be slightly more animated because it's the late show (or more blow?) What is amazing is the mix that Bob Clearmountain did on this. That guy knows how to mix drums IMO. I loved what he did with drums on the Texas 78 DVD and he did a kick ass job on this 73 Brussels. I also like that the guitars are totally separated on this mix. On Bedspring Symphony they put a micro-second delay on Keith's guitar and panned it over to the other channel mixed lower than Mick T. and a tad too much bleed over IMO. This new mix is fooking clean. Also I like what Clearmountain did with Bill's bass, sonically speaking. The bass is way more boomy-er than the thudding you hear on Bedspring or Headin' For An Overload. This is worth the $5-$7 bucks it cost. I would even pay $20 bucks for this. Of the 15 tracks, 8 or maybe 9 of them are brand new, never available before, even to me. Ha!

Hey, your cousin and I are going to see Iggy & The Stooges at the Warfield in a couple of weeks. I got an extra ticket. Get your ass on a plane.

Later, Jimmy cool smiley

Date: November 19, 2011 13:57

It's early and I haven't had my first full cup but here it goes: This is without a doubt the best mix. Although one that doesn't get mentioned much, Bunnies, Busts, Bombs & a Princess, is the best of the boots hands down. This new official release finally has the true separation, which is probably why some are saying Taylor's guitar is lower, it's just not bouncing around both channels. I also agree on this the bass and drums are spot on too, something only the Bunnies version really had over the others.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-19 14:02 by shadooby.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 19, 2011 16:37

if i had to have one disc, this new release or the old original boot, i'd take the latter. better overall in terms of performance (where differences exist). nice to have both, but the boot would be my DID if i had to pick one to take to the island.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 19, 2011 17:15

StonesTod
if i had to have one disc, this new release or the old original boot, i'd take the latter. better overall in terms of performance (where differences exist). nice to have both, but the boot would be my DID if i had to pick one to take to the island.

The island has reached capacity man.
You might try a hostile or motel...with the old boot that is

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 19, 2011 17:22

Munichhilton
StonesTod

i'll just moor along the shore until a coconut fells one of the islanders...bound to happen eventually...

Posted by: varv ()
Date: November 19, 2011 17:54

hot stuff
Someone here could make a few bucks (money) if they would burn it on a cd and sell it!!
I would buy!!

So would I hot stuff. Good luck to both of us.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 19, 2011 17:55

StonesTod
Munichhilton
StonesTod

i'll just moor along the shore until a coconut fells one of the islanders...bound to happen eventually...

Good news
You're in

Keith has to split

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 19, 2011 23:27

Bärs
Gazza
Bärs
I don't know if I've downloaded some other file, but it only sounds like a bootleg. Actually worse than what I already had. The clearness in the sound is not there. Gimme Shelter had a very poor mix and I'm not impressed by Taylor's sound.

You didnt already have it as its mostly a different show which hasnt circulated as a soundboard before.

Cant people just try and enjoy it for what it is instead of analysing (with the emphasis on 'anal') it to death?

A professionally mixed vintage and uncirculated Stones show for five quid in a lossless format. How can anyone seriously be upset about this?

Yes, I have Brussels Affair, stop playing with semantics. This one is worse than what was already available, which I btw downloaded for free. It's amazing that they can't make anything with a good r'n'r sound these days.

Yeah, why let facts get in the way of a good argument.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 19, 2011 23:28

pike bishop
Well this is so weird,the bellyaching and critism.The sound is amazing ,Clearmountain has done a great job.the version of Midnight Rambler has to be heard,the clarity of all the tracks is the dogs.People its only 9 dollars for 79 minutes of a gig you never heard.It sure knocks the socks off "love you live"and that other abomination "live licks".Buy this .

Precisely.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 19, 2011 23:33

Playing it loud again now.

IMO, it's the best live album they've put out since Ya-Ya's.

Why didn't they release this years ago?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 20, 2011 00:17

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Bärs
Gazza
Bärs

That's a bit much don't you think...I would probably have just left it as
'a nitz'.

Posted by: Bärs ()
Date: November 20, 2011 17:09

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Bärs
Gazza
Bärs

Du you usually pay a lot for downloading bootlegs?

Posted by: Bärs ()
Date: November 20, 2011 17:15

jpasc95
Bärs
Gazza
Bärs

I respect your opinion Bärs but honestly I am surprised by your appreciation of this new Brussels Affair.
I really believe that it's quite good quality, one of the best of our collection.
It's very difficult to have better than this one.

I completely agree now when my ears are adapted. Except for GS it's a wonderful record made in the best of pre-Christmas spirit.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 8 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2467
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home