Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 23
Re: Google Music to offer six unreleased Stones concerts
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 21, 2011 19:29

Koen
schillid
Click the little triangle at the right of each song title to reveal a drop-down menu. Click "Save To Computer."
Save each of the files to a folder ~/Music/iTunes Music/Rolling Stones/Brussels Affair/...

Don't do that. If you are manually changing the contents of the iTunes folder on your HD, you're in for a lot of possible trouble later on. iTunes is very peculiar on how it stores files, and if you mess something up, it's difficult to fix it. It's better to just download the files to your Desktop or some sort of temp location, and after they finished downloading drag all the files into your iTunes window, and presto. Everything is there, in the right order with the artwork and all metadata.

BTW, did anyone see a "Download Album" link? To me it is not very user friendly to download each file seperately, which I ended up doing. Not clever for a business that tries to take market shares away from iTunes.
Their was nothing user friendly about it at all. Not to mention the 2 downlooad limit. hell I paid for it. I should be able to download it as many times as I want.

Posted by: R ()
Date: November 21, 2011 22:46

steve6884
I bought the mp3 version in the US. Has anybody made artwork for the CD case? Thanks for any info

It comes with it. It'll print right out of your iTunes

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 21, 2011 23:06

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-22 17:49 by Koen.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 22, 2011 03:02

Koen
schillid
Click the little triangle at the right of each song title to reveal a drop-down menu. Click "Save To Computer."
Save each of the files to a folder ~/Music/iTunes Music/Rolling Stones/Brussels Affair/...

Don't do that. If you are manually changing the contents of the iTunes folder on your HD, you're in for a lot of possible trouble later on. iTunes is very peculiar on how it stores files, and if you mess something up, it's difficult to fix it.

This method worked alright for me.
But I'll bet you're right... I don't even use iPhoto at all because I hate its file/folder weirdness.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-22 06:52 by schillid.

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: November 22, 2011 19:11

it's already x-mas

anyway now i'm working on alternate brussel

Posted by: steve6884 ()
Date: November 22, 2011 22:01

R
steve6884
I bought the mp3 version in the US. Has anybody made artwork for the CD case? Thanks for any info

I do not use Itunes much but I tried what you said. Is there only a cover with little info and no track listing?

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: November 22, 2011 22:30

steve6884
R
steve6884

I do not use Itunes much but I tried what you said. Is there only a cover with little info and no track listing?
There are some home made efforts here:
[www.iorr.org]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-23 00:33 by Deltics.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: November 22, 2011 23:51

This was kind of a pain to wade through via the download. Through my Macbook Pro I was able to copy via drag and drop the files straight from downloads to my Ipod with no gaps in between songs on playback. Sound quality is very good to my ears on a decent system and for the money you just can't complain. I look forward to future releases if the sound on "Brussels" is any indication of what's to come in the future. Still like my old LP though that still sounds great.

After all these years of starving us they have been sending us hearty rations this year! More please.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: November 23, 2011 03:08

How to use Google Music from Anywhere . . .

[www.engadget.com]

Posted by: swaymusik ()
Date: November 23, 2011 18:18

Hi everyone!
Just want to confirm that the Brussels show is available from the Rolling Stones musictoday USA site. I live in Canada and was able to download the FLAC version: Absolute essential live recording; the band is on fire and nice to hear Mick Taylor.!

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: November 24, 2011 17:39

swaymusik
Hi everyone!
Just want to confirm that the Brussels show is available from the Rolling Stones musictoday USA site. I live in Canada and was able to download the FLAC version: Absolute essential live recording; the band is on fire and nice to hear Mick Taylor.!

Is this a new site? And are the FLAC files still unavailable in the U.S.?

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: November 24, 2011 20:34

I can't find it at musictoday. link please?

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: November 24, 2011 21:53

donvis
I can't find it at musictoday. link please?

I couldn't find it either. I'm thinking maybe there was a mistake or a miscommunication or something and it's still only available in the U.S. as mp3's.

Date: November 30, 2011 19:18

How long till the 5 others are released?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 30, 2011 20:18

Within the next year, according to the original press release.

So, it would appear you can expect them every 2-3 months.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 1, 2011 00:10

I finally got to hear the 'new' Brussels Affair last night. I don't know if some of you people have the acute hearing of a Siberian Husky, but to me the recording sounds fantastic on my 6 speaker setup. It sounds like you're there on stage with them. This is the best live Stones recording I've ever heard. No one can now deny that Mick Taylor lifted them to their live peak.

Date: December 1, 2011 15:22

24FPS
I finally got to hear the 'new' Brussels Affair last night. I don't know if some of you people have the acute hearing of a Siberian Husky, but to me the recording sounds fantastic on my 6 speaker setup. It sounds like you're there on stage with them. This is the best live Stones recording I've ever heard. No one can now deny that Mick Taylor lifted them to their live peak.

Yep, he did. Just like Mick, Keith, Bill and Charlie did...

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 1, 2011 20:22

DandelionPowderman
24FPS

Yep, he did. Just like Mick, Keith, Bill and Charlie did...

Agree. All of them were lifting!

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: December 1, 2011 22:11

24FPS

6 speaker setup? tell me more. are you taking 5.1 surround or 3 sets of Left & Right stereo speakers or??

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 2, 2011 03:06

sweet neo con
24FPS

6 speaker setup? tell me more. are you taking 5.1 surround or 3 sets of Left & Right stereo speakers or??

3 rear. 2 on either side front, with a middle channel speaker. Yeah, it's 5.1 surround. My setup calls it Six Channel Stereo. Set your chair in the sweet spot and this recording sounds fantastic.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 2, 2011 04:45

24FPS
sweet neo con
24FPS

3 rear. 2 on either side front, with a middle channel speaker. Yeah, it's 5.1 surround. My setup calls it Six Channel Stereo. Set your chair in the sweet spot and this recording sounds fantastic.

Now, I'm no expert, but isn't 5.1, 2 in the back, 3 front (including the centre channel), and the subwoofer?

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 2, 2011 15:45

treaclefingers
24FPS
sweet neo con
24FPS

Now, I'm no expert, but isn't 5.1, 2 in the back, 3 front (including the centre channel), and the subwoofer?

hmmm...i thought it was 3 front, 2 back and one-tenth of a speaker in the bathroom for when nature calls....

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 2, 2011 22:48

StonesTod
treaclefingers
24FPS
sweet neo con
24FPS

hmmm...i thought it was 3 front, 2 back and one-tenth of a speaker in the bathroom for when nature calls....

You are almost right on Senor StonesTod. The .1 in the 5.1 doesn't refer to 1/10th, but rather your course of action whilst in the bathroom.

With that said, 5.1 is for 'number 1', whereas a 5.2 speaker setup would be for 'number 2'....obviously leaving a 5.3 for either one, or the other, or both as the case need be.

A 5.3 system therefore is clearly the way to go, worth the extra cash.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 3, 2011 01:04

More then 3 speakers is way to much....if I listen to music sound must come from the front and not from the back ....never understood the purpose of quadraphonic music or 5.1 6.1 7.1

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: December 3, 2011 12:39

NICOS
More then 3 speakers is way to much....if I listen to music sound must come from the front and not from the back ....never understood the purpose of quadraphonic music or 5.1 6.1 7.1

if you have rear speakers,there is more live feeling(sitting in the audience)

take the cd (brussel 73) and listen !

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 3, 2011 15:19

vancouver
NICOS

if you have rear speakers,there is more live feeling(sitting in the audience)

take the cd (brussel 73) and listen !

you buy a good enough system and the experience can even include the guy behind you puking his guts out all over you.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 3, 2011 15:46

StonesTod
the guy behind you puking his guts out all over you.

That's it. I'll stick to 2 speakers front. I like to see what happens

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

The remastered Brussels Affair
Posted by: mrrockandroll ()
Date: December 4, 2011 17:16

Hi,

Sorry if I missed it, but is the newly remastered Brussels Affair available for download already?

If so, where?

Thanks!

Re: The remastered Brussels Affair
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 4, 2011 18:51

[www.iorr.org] and [www.rollingstones.com]
just to mention a few of the more obvious places to check - have fun

Re: The remastered Brussels Affair
Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: December 6, 2011 15:21

mrrockandroll
Hi,

Sorry if I missed it, but is the newly remastered Brussels Affair available for download already?

If so, where?

Thanks!

ONLY DOWNLOAD

IORR............but I like it!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2099
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home