Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112
Current Page: 12 of 12
Re: Live in Texas - thoughts and reviews
Date: October 24, 2011 15:19

Amsterdamned

WTF became of the RS musically? Must I laugh or cry.. Entertaining and making music should be integrated. This is a bogus charter flight, or can't they really do any better? Sloppy playing, amateurish guitars, cliché posing till the bone. If there are some tickets available I'll send my 4 years old niece to the cinema: Nursery school fodder.

Each to his own, but why is this so bad?

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: October 24, 2011 16:13

Amsterdamned

WTF became of the RS musically? Must I laugh or cry.. Entertaining and making music should be integrated. This is a bogus charter flight, or can't they really do any better? Sloppy playing, amateurish guitars, cliché posing till the bone. If there are some tickets available I'll send my 4 years old niece to the cinema: Nursery school fodder.

I must admit that it is farily far away from the good old R&R from greats like Gentle Giant.

Mathijs

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 24, 2011 18:25

drbryant
So the question is, how much of Jagger's vocal were *ahem* flown in?

yes that is a good question. Probably all of them. I hope it isn't too obvious because i'm looking forward to this..peace.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 24, 2011 18:27

Mathijs

I must admit that it is farily far away from the good old R&R from greats like Gentle Giant.

Mathijs

Wow that is a nice reference. I loved those guys at one time way back when. Thanks for sparking a memory or two. peace.

Posted by: belld ()
Date: October 24, 2011 19:26

skelly
I'm just back from watching live in Texas at the cinema and I absolutely loved it. Great sound, great footage, great band. I thought it was awesome.

Has anyone else seen it? What did you think?
Thanks for this Steven. Unfortunately we were in North America to visit friends and missed the showing in Glesca Toon. Pissed off in Lochwinnoch.
Hope to see you soon for the real deal rather than a tribute night.

Posted by: nomis ()
Date: October 24, 2011 19:29

I saw it last Tuesday too. I was gonna write a review, but then laziness got the best of me. So a short review is in order: it was great. I thought it was equal to L&G. Ron played a lot of nice licks and you can hear both guitars pretty well. Bass was mixed a little too low. Beast of Burden was real good because Ron was playing a nice riff over and over. Ron seemed like he was the "featured" guitarist. Mick was interesting to watch, to say the least. And he wasn't running all around, just walking around and singing and doing weird stuff. His singing was kind of laid back, in a good way. Keith played a blazing Star Star.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 24, 2011 23:40

Mathijs

Mathijs

Thank's for setting that straight.thumbs up

Posted by: skelly ()
Date: October 25, 2011 20:44

belld
skelly
I'm just back from watching live in Texas at the cinema and I absolutely loved it. Great sound, great footage, great band. I thought it was awesome.

Has anyone else seen it? What did you think?
Thanks for this Steven. Unfortunately we were in North America to visit friends and missed the showing in Glesca Toon. Pissed off in Lochwinnoch.
Hope to see you soon for the real deal rather than a tribute night.

I did wonder if I would bump into you at the cinema Davie. Shame you missed it. I'm sure you'll have many happy times watching the dvd with whiskey in hand. smileys with beer

I think I've bust a button on my trousers....

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: July 16, 2022 19:20

Seems Mick was occasionally focused on that blond in the white tube top front row about 45 degrees to his left. He even looks to be calling her a Star Star. Let her come to you Mick. Haha! Man was the band geeked at the beginning of Texas 78, or what? Crazy energy. I don’t know how many times I’ve watched it, but it never gets old.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112
Current Page: 12 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1846
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home