Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 10 of 12
Re: Live in Texas - thoughts and reviews
Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: October 21, 2011 18:58

DragonSky
atip
DragonSky
texas fan
SwayStones
atip
I thought it was really good, but... am I the only one that was bothered by Mick rubbing Ronnie's crotch and making a few other effeminate gestures?

It seems that you're not the only one.
I've read some comments about the same thing .

I understand people's reactions to that,and that's fine, but good grief -- where have these offended been for the last 50 years? Do they see nothing feminine about the way he was in'66 or '69 or '73 or '76? Much of his fame was built on his androgyny during those years, and much of his showmanship, too. I am confused that anyone should suddenly notice it...

Yeah, it's as if some Stones fans have suddenly and magically become Rush Limbaughian. Do they not know how Mick Jagger has been in the past? They're offended? That's just too funny.

Funny? No, what's funny is how a some people overlook things just because it's Mick Jagger or some other celeb. We all know Mick's history, but that doesn't mean I want to see a man, let alone one of my rock heroes, rubbing another man's crotch. Haven't had to see that over the past 30-years of touring. If that's the sort of thing you're into, that's what bands like Frankie Goes To Hollywood are for. And making an association to Rush Limbaugh is a pretty obtuse statement.

Why is Mick Jagger considered a hero to you? I hate to say it but you should've known perhaps. I suppose that means you won't be getting the DVD then.

The DVD/CD package might be a choice as well...

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 21, 2011 19:02

shortfatfanny
DragonSky
atip
DragonSky
texas fan
SwayStones
atip
I thought it was really good, but... am I the only one that was bothered by Mick rubbing Ronnie's crotch and making a few other effeminate gestures?

I understand people's reactions to that,and that's fine, but good grief -- where have these offended been for the last 50 years? Do they see nothing feminine about the way he was in'66 or '69 or '73 or '76? Much of his fame was built on his androgyny during those years, and much of his showmanship, too. I am confused that anyone should suddenly notice it...

Yeah, it's as if some Stones fans have suddenly and magically become Rush Limbaughian. Do they not know how Mick Jagger has been in the past? They're offended? That's just too funny.

Funny? No, what's funny is how a some people overlook things just because it's Mick Jagger or some other celeb. We all know Mick's history, but that doesn't mean I want to see a man, let alone one of my rock heroes, rubbing another man's crotch. Haven't had to see that over the past 30-years of touring. If that's the sort of thing you're into, that's what bands like Frankie Goes To Hollywood are for. And making an association to Rush Limbaugh is a pretty obtuse statement.

Why is Mick Jagger considered a hero to you? I hate to say it but you should've known perhaps. I suppose that means you won't be getting the DVD then.

Shhhh! Don't mention 'package' here. Somebody might be offended; once again

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: October 21, 2011 19:08

Erik_Snow
shortfatfanny
DragonSky
atip
DragonSky
texas fan
SwayStones
atip

LOL!

I can't say because I haven't seen the movie yet .

Jagger's crotch on a big screen is something I highly apreciate ,though .....oopps !

Isn't it the same "role" he played on SNL,when he put his tongue into Ronnie's mouth ?

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 21, 2011 19:26

SwayStones
Erik_Snow
shortfatfanny
DragonSky
atip
DragonSky
texas fan
SwayStones
atip

LOL!

I can't say because I haven't seen the movie yet .

Jagger's crotch on a big screen is something I highly apreciate ,though .....oopps !

Isn't it the same "role" he played on SNL,when he put his tongue into Ronnie's mouth ?

Yes, pretty much the same *role*

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-22 12:25 by Erik_Snow.

Date: October 21, 2011 20:31

Ronnie's contract as a salaried sideman specified Jagger had the right to, and I quote from the legal document itself, "diddle him on stage." I hope that settles it for everyone.

Date: October 21, 2011 20:34

On a more serious note (which is not to suggest that Ronnie's privates aren't serious, in fact Keith says, aw skip it)...has it been confirmed anywhere that the CD contains all 17 tracks from Fort Worth as well? Just curious if they're using a CD lasting longer than 80 minutes or if they've cut a couple tracks or edited them with their usual light touch of recent years.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: October 21, 2011 20:36

WilliamPatrickMaynard
On a more serious note (which is not to suggest that Ronnie's privates aren't serious, in fact Keith says, aw skip it)...has it been confirmed anywhere that the CD contains all 17 tracks from Fort Worth as well? Just curious if they're using a CD lasting longer than 80 minutes or if they've cut a couple tracks or edited them with their usual light touch of recent years.

Oh no...

Date: October 21, 2011 20:48

Justin
WilliamPatrickMaynard

Oh no...

That would be ridiculous to cut tracks out.

Date: October 21, 2011 21:11

So you expect it's likely then.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: October 21, 2011 22:19

love it

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: October 21, 2011 22:26

Dear God...I hope they don't edit down songs like "When the Whip Comes Down" or "Miss You" like they did with "Rocks Off" on Live Licks. <CRINGE>

Date: October 21, 2011 22:39

or even well done edits like STILL LIFE. I don't want "Miss You" running just over 3:00.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 21, 2011 22:47

WilliamPatrickMaynard
or even well done edits like STILL LIFE. .

well-done? like when they ripped very heart, soul & guts out of imagination and destroyed the listening-experience of what was one of the centerpieces of the show and thus rendered the album a laughing-stock and object of ridicule and derision for decades to come?

Date: October 21, 2011 22:50

Well done as in if you didn't have a bootleg you wouldn't know it was shortened to listen to it...unlike LIVE LICKS. That said, my reference to a 3:00 live track (in the STILL LIFE mold) was meant to convey I agree with your sentiment even if I can't muster the same hyperbole at the moment. Perhaps if my wife said it...

Date: October 22, 2011 00:14

StonesTod
WilliamPatrickMaynard
or even well done edits like STILL LIFE. .

well-done? like when they ripped very heart, soul & guts out of imagination and destroyed the listening-experience of what was one of the centerpieces of the show and thus rendered the album a laughing-stock and object of ridicule and derision for decades to come?

Fingerprint File of Love You Live just comes to my mind...but it´s possible to put the whole show on one CD,
although I have my doubts.

Instead of bad editing they could drop two of the shorter songs...not that I want them to !

Posted by: Lil' Brian ()
Date: October 22, 2011 00:24

I liked "Beast of Burden" and "Miss You" the best. Good movie! drinking smiley

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: October 22, 2011 00:51

The best Rolling Stones movie-concert in my book and like all of us here I have seen a lot of them. The Rolling Stones rocked out really hard that night. Obviously they knew the concert was filmed so they were probably very motivated to put up a great show. Mick is outrageous and funny at times but he also sings (beast of burden, shattered and others)with lot of conviction which will become in the following tours very unusual. Mick works that microphone stand like nobody else. Amazing movie!
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: souldoggie ()
Date: October 22, 2011 02:49

Best Stones concert movie ever. And I've got 'em all and I saw most on the day of their release. Absolutely loved it.
Keith and Ronnie giving it their all, and Jagger, doing his over the top punk/coke/sex/crazed-rock-star schtick.
Mick the ultimate Agent Provocateur, to borrow a French phrase.
Websters Dictionary: Provocateur: "One who provokes".
Back in 1978, he provoked mostly the old folks with all of his lickin' and all of his rubbin'. I remember it well.
And by the looks at some of the comments on this thread, Mick is still doin' some good old fashioned provokin'. Ha!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-22 02:50 by souldoggie.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: October 22, 2011 02:57

WilliamPatrickMaynard

If you are thinking in terms of cdrs,maybe but theres lots of pro-pressed cds that run over 80 mins..in fact there are 90 min cdrs on the market...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 22, 2011 03:07

DragonSky
atip
DragonSky
texas fan
SwayStones
atip

Good gawd this is like a witch hunt....next thing you'll be saying is that Liberace is gay.

COME ON!

Posted by: atip ()
Date: October 22, 2011 03:19

"Offended" isn't the right word. That's associated with morality or religion, which means it wouldn't matter if it was Ronnie or a woman. If he were to rub Lisa's crotch or perform any kind of lewd behavior with her (and he has), I'm cool with that. I also don't have a problem with two women going at it, as long as they're not a pair of Rosie O'Donnell's.

Sorry, men doing gay things isn't my thing, and I'm not going to like it just because it's Mick. Doesn't mean I'm going to write him off.

Date: October 22, 2011 03:22

atip
"Offended" isn't the right word. That's associated with morality or religion, which means it wouldn't matter if it was Ronnie or a woman. If he were to rub Lisa's crotch or perform any kind of lewd behavior with her (and he has), I'm cool with that. I also don't have a problem with two women going at it, as long as they're not a pair of Rosie O'Donnell's.

Sorry, men doing gay things isn't my thing, and I'm not going to like it just because it's Mick. Doesn't mean I'm going to write him off.

Well, I haven't seen this yet so I'm gonna go with my gut and say that as described there may be a bit of an 'ew' factor.

But then, I've been a fan for over 30 years so there's been lots of 'ew' I've been able to overcome.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 22, 2011 03:24

Didnt Mick kiss Ronnie on SNL?... I just thought it was just funny...

Date: October 22, 2011 03:35

Max'sKansasCity

not dead sexy?

Date: October 22, 2011 03:36

treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity

not dead sexy?
'ew'tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: October 22, 2011 03:37

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Date: October 22, 2011 04:03

Someone play the clip of Norman Gunston being asked by kids outside the Memphis show in '78 about whether he finds Mick attractive.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: October 22, 2011 19:30

Max'sKansasCity
Didnt Mick kiss Ronnie on SNL?...

SwayStones

Hey Max !
Sticking one's tongue into someone's mouth as Jagger did with Ronnie isn't what I would call "kissing "cool smiley

I've been told that Jagger was pretty good with his tongue though ....

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: October 22, 2011 19:50

SwayStones
Max'sKansasCity
Didnt Mick kiss Ronnie on SNL?...

SwayStones

Hey Max !
Sticking one's tongue into someone's mouth as Jagger did with Ronnie isn't what I would call "kissing "cool smiley

I've been told that Jagger was pretty good with his tongue though ....

Oh thats right... he licked him.... I forgot.... still really funny, imuho winking smiley

"A wink is as good as a nod to a blind horse" [coolalbumreview.com] [img55.imageshack.us]
"A lick is as good as a kiss to drunk Ronnie" ? smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-22 19:54 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: October 22, 2011 19:57

WilliamPatrickMaynard
Well done as in if you didn't have a bootleg you wouldn't know it was shortened to listen to it...unlike LIVE LICKS. That said, my reference to a 3:00 live track (in the STILL LIFE mold) was meant to convey I agree with your sentiment even if I can't muster the same hyperbole at the moment. Perhaps if my wife said it...

I was about to say something similar which is how the hell would I have known they edited those songs, Imagination especially, when that album came out? And compared to Live Licks, a thousand times better editing ie you can't tell the songs were HACKED. I get why StonesTod thinks it's not good, to put it lightly, that the song were edited. But at least it/they aren't horrible excuses unlike some of Live Licks.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 10 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1603
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home