Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 66
Re: Let's talk RARE Stones vinyl
Posted by: arc-angel ()
Date: December 31, 2011 10:36

L'AGE D'OR the LP versions from france ...

I like these great cover photos, which make these single and LP set very collectible!

Andreas

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-31 10:38 by arc-angel.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: December 31, 2011 10:50

I have 8 of them. Nice this complete collection

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: December 31, 2011 11:57

Another 'have you seen your mother' from the Netherlands. Just purchased on ebay for $10.
This record was sold only to members of a dutch recordclub, was not available in any shop and was sold in small numbers only. Also very different cover layout but with the same cover photo of HYSYML or GLIYWI although double Bill and Keith with Mick'are missing on the cover photo of this sleeve. Also a very different backsleeve.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 31, 2011 12:03

Steffiestones -Nice Post!

The first thing that jumps out is the fact that the pics are the same as "Got Live if Ya want it"

Also, If not mistaken, I don't think Lady Jane has been played live in concert for decades... Maybe this can be confirmed??

Date: December 31, 2011 12:20

Chris Fountain
Steffiestones -Nice Post!

The first thing that jumps out is the fact that the pics are the same as "Got Live if Ya want it"

Also, If not mistaken, I don't think Lady Jane has been played live in concert for decades... Maybe this can be confirmed??

Yes, it's the same pic but double Bill and Keith with Mick'are missing.(Right above GLIYWI).

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 31, 2011 12:34

One other observation, pic suggests that Charlie is the lead singer!drinking smiley

Posted by: Sacke ()
Date: December 31, 2011 13:22

I think this one's from Iran...

Date: December 31, 2011 13:23

From Russia...

Date: December 31, 2011 13:26

Czechoslovakia, released 1972...Through The Past Darkly!

Date: December 31, 2011 14:20

... Just to go ahead with rare non-UK / non-US releases ...

here the Debut album from the Philippines (with deletion holes but still in it's original shrink wrap, unopened, so unfortunately no label fotos)

Andreas

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: December 31, 2011 14:39

Nice stuff guys , keep it coming !

Date: December 31, 2011 14:42

Nice Andreas! Curious if it is blue or red London logo..

Goat's Head Soup from Singapore with different sleeve, in other country's this picture was banned as front sleeve. The backsleeve is the same as the regular album.

Date: December 31, 2011 14:43

... furhter non-UK / non-US editions

German club edition 10inch record, called "Beat Beat Beat" ...

here you can see both editions with different label design!

PS. be careful, many fakes are circulating the net

Andreas

Date: December 31, 2011 14:45

steffiestones

Goat's Head Soup from Singapore with different sleeve, in other country's this picture was banned as front sleeve. The backsleeve is the same as the regular album.

That's pretty nice, haven't seen before! What surprises me is the GEMA sign on the label which is the german music licensing association ... (are you sure, it's from Singapore)

Seems to be the same with front sleeve as with Exile from Singapore, which has the "man with balls in his mouth" as the front cover.

Andreas

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-31 14:48 by arc-angel.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 31, 2011 14:57

I see a lot of rare Stones records.......but is every release from outside UK and US rare?

Date: December 31, 2011 14:57

arc-angel
steffiestones

That's pretty nice, haven't seen before! What surprises me is the GEMA sign on the label which is the german music licensing association ... (are you sure, it's from Singapore)

Seems to be the same with front sleeve as with Exile from Singapore, which has the "man with balls in his mouth" as the front cover.

Andreas

yes, i'm 100% sure it's from Singapore. It is also a couple times on popsike and i have buy it a couple years ago from a guy from Singapore.
[www.popsike.com]

[www.popsike.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-31 14:59 by steffiestones.

Date: December 31, 2011 15:00

steffiestones
arc-angel
steffiestones

Andreas

yes, i'm 100% sure it's from Singapore. It is also a couple times on popsike and i have buy it a couple years ago from a guy from Singapore.

Cool, just checked popsike (who knows which record pressing plant they used, anyway ...), its a big price range, what did you pay? (I think I will hunt for this next year :-)

Andreas

Date: December 31, 2011 15:08

I buy it on ebay from someone from Singapore with the buy it now price of $25. Very cheap.

Date: December 31, 2011 15:42

South Africa...20 Golden Greats and what a lovely coverart eye rolling smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 31, 2011 18:01

The Sealed Hot Rocks Promo, with large black song sticker on front and small white London promo logo on back. Slight tear in the plastic sadly near the bottom, but otherwise mint. No access to the actual vinyl, so can't tell if this is a Shelley. Any way to know whether this is an early or later copy, from the style of the London sticker on the back? Anyone?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-31 18:08 by treaclefingers.

Date: December 31, 2011 18:06

NICOS
I see a lot of rare Stones records.......but is every release from outside UK and US rare?

I understand what you are saying, and for me personally, I focus on the rare US and UK.

With that said, there are some non-US/UK that would be considered quite rare, some Japanese pressings for sure, the Canadian 'Winning Ugly' both 45 and 12".

Other than that, whether they happen to be 'collectible' and rare, or simply just 'rare' but not as 'valuable'...still interesting and glad to see some of this stuff we may never have seen before.

I would be more concerned about some of the Eastern European stuff, or from some of the other countries, where there is known bootlegging going on, and you may not know if you're getting counterfeit stuff.

Not to say all of it is fake for sure, but I avoid just because I'm sure I could never tell.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-31 18:09 by treaclefingers.

Date: December 31, 2011 20:34

Japanese Golden Prize Promo

( I haven't a camera had to use a scanner )

Date: December 31, 2011 20:40

Rolling Stones Promotional Album

Australian Issue , Is this one valuable ?

Date: January 1, 2012 17:26

boston2006
Rolling Stones Promotional Album

Australian Issue , Is this one valuable ?

Cool! I have 2 of these,one with red, and one with blue label if my memory is serving me correctly. I have seen one sell for $299.99 and one for $179.50 in the past few years, but those are the very high watermarks...I'm not sure what the average price would be.

I also have a fake of the actual promotional album...I've seen declared 'reissues' or fakes, sell for over $200 of the actual promotional album. Kind of like 'very good' photocopies of Beast or SFM, selling for over $200...people, knowing they're fake STILL want them to fill the gap in their collection it seems. That's my excuse to get Beast in the Some Girls Super Deluxe anyway...

Date: January 1, 2012 18:48

There's one on ebay now ( Blue Label ) for 3 grand !!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 2, 2012 00:34

treaclefingers
NICOS

I understand what you are saying, and for me personally, I focus on the rare US and UK.

With that said, there are some non-US/UK that would be considered quite rare, some Japanese pressings for sure, the Canadian 'Winning Ugly' both 45 and 12".

Other than that, whether they happen to be 'collectible' and rare, or simply just 'rare' but not as 'valuable'...still interesting and glad to see some of this stuff we may never have seen before.

I would be more concerned about some of the Eastern European stuff, or from some of the other countries, where there is known bootlegging going on, and you may not know if you're getting counterfeit stuff.

Not to say all of it is fake for sure, but I avoid just because I'm sure I could never tell.

Thanks treaclefingers for clearing this out, I understand the rare UK/US versions are HOT, but every releases of some odd countries are not that special I think.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 2, 2012 00:42

....will there come a day when Stones collectors talk of rare down-loads??????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 2, 2012 00:53

Good one, Rocky!

Date: January 2, 2012 01:15

boston2006
There's one on ebay now ( Blue Label ) for 3 grand !!

But that wouldn't be the Australian release, no way...if it is a genuine copy of the US or UK promotional, that still seems a tad high. What kind of condition is it in?

The reason it is so high incidentally, was that they only pressed 200 in the UK and 200 in the US. I don't there are all that many around nowadays.

As for the Australian version, I have no idea how many copies they would have pressed, or when it was even pressed, but I think it was much later in the 70's.

The AUSSIE version is still a cool item to have but it is riding on the originals coattails I think, in terms of valuation.

Date: January 2, 2012 01:19

NICOS
treaclefingers
NICOS

Thanks treaclefingers for clearing this out, I understand the rare UK/US versions are HOT, but every releases of some odd countries are not that special I think.

I totally agree...interesting to see some of these, but I haven't collected ie from Turkey or Israel, or Rhodesia as I have to ask the question, "where does it end?"

WIth that said I have picked up the interesting piece from here or there, ie some Dutch or Japanese or Canadian singles or albums because they actually are rare, or because they hold some other sort of intrinsic interest.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1383
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home