Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 66
Re: Let's talk RARE Stones vinyl
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 21, 2011 05:50

Ricky
treaclefingers
boston2006
Here's another , I copied this pic from the web .
Didn't feel like digging out my copy .

I've been leery about buying this one...I've heard there are many counterfeits. How does one tell? PS, I had remembered a different colour label...red maybe? I also have a couple of copies of the Let It Rock...just exploring the depth of your collection!

PS, went onto Jan's site...serious discussion on the Come On M/T tax code. You gotta get yo-self one before it becomes too well known.

I have this one.... counterfeits? of a boot? I think is not a promo but a bootleg single... any info?
]

You're right, it definitely looks like a boot, but I've always known it as a 'fan club' issue. An odd release mind you...does anyone else know?

Date: December 21, 2011 05:51

Ricky
Comes in colors...

Canadian complete collection:

Greek collection (2 out of 3):

Japanese single (promo and stock version):

Belian singles:

Best

Absolutely gorgeous...thanks for sharing.

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: December 21, 2011 06:11

Colored records are very fine. Thanks for sharing.

Date: December 21, 2011 06:17

BroomWagon
Colored records are very fine. Thanks for sharing.

If you like coloured records, I hope you like them Paint It Black...

Reissued in 1990...the red banner on the side says , "as featured on the TV Show 'Tour Of Duty'".

Anyway, I suspect it also had something to do with the ABKCO cashing in on the Steel Wheels tour.

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: December 21, 2011 07:12

'Tour of Duty', the show about the Vietnam war which of course, anyone could research, inspired by Platoon and maybe other movies, it was a show on CBS and the actor who played the boxer Rocky fought in the first Rocky movie, Carl Weathers joined the show. Paint it black was the theme, I even read a blog about a person who got the Tour of Duty show on DVD. I guess it was a fair show.

I have a punk collection on record, light blue colour, who knows why? Anyway, it has the Clash doing Safe European Home and other artists.

Date: December 22, 2011 04:23

...and now, the lovely Dutch Girl...Veronica, from 1973:

From the front -

From behind -

From underneath -

Not superrare, but rare enough and lovely...anyone have any other SFTD's, with picture sleeves? I know there are excellent German and Japanese versions.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: December 22, 2011 14:32

For your viewing pleasure
Jaopanese

Mexican

French

French

Date: December 22, 2011 17:36

I also have that French surprise surprise...I'd love to know why in France in the early 70's they chose to release that. It seems odd.

Do you have the German 45 with PS?

Date: December 22, 2011 18:50

Of Surprise , Surprise ?

No that is the only release I have of that combination of songs .

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: December 22, 2011 18:55

GEEEE! I never got into buying singles because I bought the albums as soon as they came out but from the collectors' perspective, I should have bought a few! I do have " Time Is On My Side" as a single and a few cool Jagger singles. I bought a colorful single at a record show a few years back; it's the record in the shape of a nearly naked girl holding on to a lite candle...the record is " She Was Hot". It very pretty!! I got into collecting magazines and books and videos, oh and some Warhol copies of the Mick silk screened pictures. I want to own an original one day.

Date: December 22, 2011 20:13

boston2006
Of Surprise , Surprise ?

No that is the only release I have of that combination of songs .

Sorry, no, I meant the German SFTD, not Surprise, Surprise.

Date: December 22, 2011 20:17

mickschix
GEEEE! I never got into buying singles because I bought the albums as soon as they came out but from the collectors' perspective, I should have bought a few! I do have " Time Is On My Side" as a single and a few cool Jagger singles. I bought a colorful single at a record show a few years back; it's the record in the shape of a nearly naked girl holding on to a lite candle...the record is " She Was Hot". It very pretty!! I got into collecting magazines and books and videos, oh and some Warhol copies of the Mick silk screened pictures. I want to own an original one day.

I only started buying singles myself, starting with the fantastic She's So Cold, in 1980 when it first came out.

I have gone back though, and bought the entire US and UK singles catalogues with the advent of EBAY. I'm just missing a few US picture sleeves...Street Fighting Man, Dandelion and the original Beast of Burden (I have the new edition as part of the superdeluxe Some Girls set).

I also have the She Was Hot 'girl' vinyl...did you happen to pick up the rerelease of Brown Sugar - a repro of the Sticky Fingers cover, done around the same time? (1984)

Posted by: mikeeder ()
Date: December 27, 2011 13:48

treaclefingers
mikeeder
I've got mono copies of all the 1967-69 albums.

They would be the UK DECCA's then correct?

The only one I'm missing from the entire catalogue, is the MONO Let it Bleed, both boxed and unboxed DECCA.

Me need.
All Decca's except Satanic. I have a mono UK Decca but I want to sell it as it is the fold down version. The mono I am happy to have is The USA on London.

Date: December 28, 2011 17:48

mikeeder
treaclefingers
mikeeder
I've got mono copies of all the 1967-69 albums.

They would be the UK DECCA's then correct?

The only one I'm missing from the entire catalogue, is the MONO Let it Bleed, both boxed and unboxed DECCA.

Me need.
All Decca's except Satanic. I have a mono UK Decca but I want to sell it as it is the fold down version. The mono I am happy to have is The USA on London.

After a judicious search through my DECCA's I've discovered I need:
MONO Out of Our Heads
STEREO Satanic
MONO Let It Bleed.
all in the open lettering.

For Completes SAKE!
I also do not have the Mono London for Satanic. Is that superrare? I haven't looked too closely at that one.

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: December 30, 2011 14:04

thelantern
Here's something very very rare. I've owned this since the late 70s. Steffiestones, you mentioned earlier in this thread that you had only seen/heard of two in existence. Well, here's number three....1A/1A matrix as well!

[/img]

Here is my stereo copy in unplayed condition.

Date: December 30, 2011 14:10

Oh steffie , you must be salivating like a Pavlov dog .

Saw this on ebay and it is a great price if someone is interested .They also sell for much more .

Rolling Stones Original Master Recordings

[www.ebay.com]

Posted by: arc-angel ()
Date: December 30, 2011 14:35

steffiestones
thelantern
Here's something very very rare. I've owned this since the late 70s. Steffiestones, you mentioned earlier in this thread that you had only seen/heard of two in existence. Well, here's number three....1A/1A matrix as well!

[/img]

Here is my stereo copy in unplayed condition.

And here is the south african pressing, not seen very often, named "hits live" ... (some sources say its a UK issue, but its definitely a SA album)

Andreas

Date: December 30, 2011 14:38

Nice Andreas, never seen, also from 1966?

Date: December 30, 2011 14:58

steffiestones
Nice Andreas, never seen, also from 1966?
Stefaan,

I think it's from the 60's - but this is not confirmed, because it's rare and I've seen it only in Geoffrey Giuliano book "Not Fade Away", page 34, from Chris Eborn's collection ;-) He mentions there its a UK export issue ... but I doubt ..

Andreas

Date: December 30, 2011 15:40

...He mentions there its a UK export issue ... but I doubt ..

I hAve also my doubts of the UK export, this label is for sure from south africa, anyway, a very nice collectable!

Date: December 30, 2011 16:26

steffiestones

I hAve also my doubts of the UK export, this label is for sure from south africa, anyway, a very nice collectable!

That label looks a lot like the DECCA promo label for 45s in the early 70s...I've seen it before as well for S. African releases, does anyone have the story behind that?

It seems too new to be from the 60s but I don't know that...does anyone?

Date: December 30, 2011 17:22

treaclefingers
steffiestones

That label looks a lot like the DECCA promo label for 45s in the early 70s...I've seen it before as well for S. African releases, does anyone have the story behind that?

You're right, label design looks like UK promo singles from the 70's, may be that's why Chris Eborn mentioned it might be a UK export issue.

I checked label and cover for any hint, but it is not written where it was produced, neither UK nor South African; but I saw from the seller I got it a lot of other Stones records from SA with exactly same label design - btw. I bought it at "Utrecht Record Fair" some years ago.

I would also appreciate any comment to make it more clear ;-)

Andreas

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: December 30, 2011 17:25

I just placed orders in Japan today and I will receive soon the following ones :

ROLLING STONES highwire JAPAN 3" CD Single MINT
KEITH RICHARDS harder they come JAPAN 7" NM ESR-20560,
THE ROLLING STONES Black and Blue JAPAN LP P-10174S OBI,
THE ROLLING STONES Undercover JAPAN LP ESS-91070,
THE ROLLING STONES Rewind (1971-1984) JAPAN LP ESS-91090,
ROLLING STONES EMOTIONAL RESCUE JAPAN LP ESS-81285,
RON WOOD Gimme Some Neck JAPAN LP 25AP1580

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Date: December 30, 2011 17:27

... while talking about some records from foreign countries, here another one "Made in Jamaica"; I've only seen this and another jamaican stones record (from Stones record collector #1)

Andreas

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: December 30, 2011 18:31

I have a Hot Rocks Promo copy that were given to radio stations before they were put in stores. It has a stamp on it that reads (Promotional copy Not For sale)
It is beat to shit, I played it a lot growing up. These codes are scracthed onto the four sides (XZAL 11015 AL 1) ( XZAL 11016 GL AL 12-3-71), ( XZAL 11017 AL 3) ( XZAL 11018 GL AL 12-6-71 ). I wonder if it ever had any Monetery value? It sure had a lot of intrinsic value for me anyway.

My mother worked for a Wholesale record Distributor in the early too mid 70's so I did get some nice goodies from time to time.

Date: December 30, 2011 18:54

arc-angel
treaclefingers
steffiestones

You're right, label design looks like UK promo singles from the 70's, may be that's why Chris Eborn mentioned it might be a UK export issue.

I checked label and cover for any hint, but it is not written where it was produced, neither UK nor South African; but I saw from the seller I got it a lot of other Stones records from SA with exactly same label design - btw. I bought it at "Utrecht Record Fair" some years ago.

I would also appreciate any comment to make it more clear ;-)

Andreas

here's a pic from hot rocks South Africa with the same label:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-30 18:55 by steffiestones.

Date: December 30, 2011 19:02

virgil
I have a Hot Rocks Promo copy that were given to radio stations before they were put in stores. It has a stamp on it that reads (Promotional copy Not For sale)
It is beat to shit, I played it a lot growing up. These codes are scracthed onto the four sides (XZAL 11015 AL 1) ( XZAL 11016 GL AL 12-3-71), ( XZAL 11017 AL 3) ( XZAL 11018 GL AL 12-6-71 ). I wonder if it ever had any Monetery value? It sure had a lot of intrinsic value for me anyway.

My mother worked for a Wholesale record Distributor in the early too mid 70's so I did get some nice goodies from time to time.

No Pic?

Date: December 30, 2011 21:07

steffiestones
virgil

No Pic?

I have a sealed version of this...it's fantastic. I don't even remember what I spent but it probably was in the $60-70 range a few years ago. I'll post a pic tonight.

Date: December 30, 2011 21:08

arc-angel
... while talking about some records from foreign countries, here another one "Made in Jamaica"; I've only seen this and another jamaican stones record (from Stones record collector #1)

Andreas

Made in Jamaica? That is wild.

Date: December 30, 2011 21:52

L'AGE D'OR DES Rolling Stone French Series 1 ~ 25

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1793
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home