Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 66
Re: Let's talk RARE Stones vinyl
Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: December 14, 2011 17:00

Yeah, Jan and Mickijaggeroos place is also a great place!

Heres the thread on the Decca 7s (Think the M/T discussion is in there):
[mickijaggeroo.proboards.com]

Heres also a goldmine on the tres interresting singles, you know it probably. I really like the layout: [stones7.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 14, 2011 17:09

RobberBride
treaclefingers

I have a number of very cool copies of this, including 2 US with posters and stickers, a Canadian (stereo) with the sticker and poster, and 2 DECCA Stereos (Boxed and unboxed) the unboxed with the sticker.
Hey Treacle, I got this matrix from an Ebay´er today. Supposed to be a Decca UK 69 LiB stereo, SKL 5025. The matrixes are surely wrong in some way, so there is more of a fun detective job, hehe, but can you figure it out? I can not.

This is what I got:
zal 9363 70 e o1 i think , zal 9364 80 d1 i think , p

Its the Ebayers "I think" thats been added.

I've just checked my stereo DECCA unboxed, and it has zal 9363-P-1W for side one, and zal 9364-P-4W for side two...this is machine-etched in the vinyl.

On a 'boxed' DECCA copy I have, same matrices etched on both sides, except it says 6W on side one, and 1W on side two.

Your numbers seem out of wack, if they are UK copies, unless they are much later pressings. Do you have a photo of the label, and is the label blue?

Date: December 14, 2011 17:22

RobberBride
Yeah, Jan and Mickijaggeroos place is also a great place!

Heres the thread on the Decca 7s (Think the M/T discussion is in there):
[mickijaggeroo.proboards.com]

Heres also a goldmine on the tres interresting singles, you know it probably. I really like the layout: [stones7.com]

Yes, I agree the stones7.com site is great...haven't looked at it in a couple of years mind you, so I'll probably do that over the holidays!

Date: December 14, 2011 17:25

treaclefingers

Your numbers seem out of wack, if they are UK copies, unless they are much later pressings. Do you have a photo of the label, and is the label blue?
Exactly. Totally weired. No, no photo, I found a nice looking copy and have made a few scoops lately by finding odd sellers with little info on product, but this one was too strange. Suspect a Spanish "9363 col" ending with typo, but that also makes little sense. Could mail him and ask for images, but think Ill just let it pass....
Thanks anyway!

Posted by: arc-angel ()
Date: December 14, 2011 20:04

Hi,
I think I can also provide / discuss some rare vinyl ....

Here from my collection the promo and ultrarare stock copy of "Stu-Ball"

Btw. I followed discussion about where best collectors info can be obtained in the internet, I think Stones7.com is really the best and most complete archive in the world wide web ...

Andreas

Date: December 14, 2011 22:43

arc-angel
Hi,
I think I can also provide / discuss some rare vinyl ....

Here from my collection the promo and ultrarare stock copy of "Stu-Ball"

Btw. I followed discussion about where best collectors info can be obtained in the internet, I think Stones7.com is really the best and most complete archive in the world wide web ...

Andreas

That is very cool Andreas...thanks for sharing...do you have any story behind this release from Ian Stewart...I'm a bad Stones fan, I've never even HEARD of this.

What turned you on to it, what year is it from, where did you buy?

Thanks!

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: December 14, 2011 23:44

Great info all , thanks for sharing .

Date: December 14, 2011 23:58

Always like it when the writing credits are wrong too !

Willie Dixon was snubbed on this one .

Date: December 15, 2011 00:18

And here , the credits were misprinted .

The top vinyl from UK Demo is correct .
The abkco promo and the UK issue has Jagger / Richards / Taylor as the writers .

Date: December 15, 2011 00:32

boston2006
And here , the credits were misprinted .

The top vinyl from UK Demo is correct .
The abkco promo and the UK issue has Jagger / Richards / Taylor as the writers .

Thanks Boston...I have all these at home, I'll check them tonight.

Just wondering, do you have the Let It Rock limited edition 45; a German release? It was a fundraiser for drug addiction or something like that.

Date: December 15, 2011 00:45

This one ??

YES !!

Date: December 15, 2011 00:47

Here's another , I copied this pic from the web .
Didn't feel like digging out my copy .

Date: December 15, 2011 04:09

boston2006

I've been leery about buying this one...I've heard there are many counterfeits. How does one tell? PS, I had remembered a different colour label...red maybe? I also have a couple of copies of the Let It Rock...just exploring the depth of your collection!

PS, went onto Jan's site...serious discussion on the Come On M/T tax code. You gotta get yo-self one before it becomes too well known.

Date: December 15, 2011 07:01

TWO The Past, Darkly:

US London Stereo Octoganals...not too exciting, except they are still sealed.

I got into trying to find original sealeds for a lot of the catalogue. Difficult but fun! Sealeds seem to have a significantly higher value than their unsealed cousins as well.

Date: December 15, 2011 11:13

treaclefingers
boston2006

I've been leery about buying this one...I've heard there are many counterfeits. How does one tell? PS, I had remembered a different colour label...red maybe? I also have a couple of copies of the Let It Rock...just exploring the depth of your collection!

PS, went onto Jan's site...serious discussion on the Come On M/T tax code. You gotta get yo-self one before it becomes too well known.

I suppose I'll have to go and dig my copy out .... LOL

I've bought some old sealed vinyl but one has to wonder whether the vinyl is actually what you paid for . Many unscrupulous sellers out there . Beware !

Date: December 15, 2011 11:30

You we're partially correct the mono side is red .

Date: December 15, 2011 12:53

treaclefingers
Went onto Jan's site...serious discussion on the Come On M/T tax code. You gotta get yo-self one before it becomes too well known.

Exciting, isn´t it?
Working on it, hehe
(Though many Ebay-sellers with impossibly low res images don´t care to answer...)

Date: December 15, 2011 17:03

boston2006
You we're partially correct the mono side is red .

OK, thanks for that Boston...my mistake I didn't realize it had two colours. I just saw one go for about $50 and I almost made a last minute bid but was distracted.

Yes, you do have to be careful, and not saying that you couldn't get burned, but I really try not to overpay. I once got burned buying the 'promotional album' for about $80 as it was an obvious counterfeit, but I 'had words' with the seller, and he credited me back $55...it is an interesting curio for $25, mint condition!

Date: December 15, 2011 17:08

RobberBride
treaclefingers
Went onto Jan's site...serious discussion on the Come On M/T tax code. You gotta get yo-self one before it becomes too well known.

Exciting, isn´t it?
Working on it, hehe
(Though many Ebay-sellers with impossibly low res images don´t care to answer...)

Yes, if you are a collector, this is a must have, mainly because of the obvious historical relevance, but also because this variation is so little known, and the price you can get it for really doesn't reflect it's scarcity. That would probably change over time. This variation apparently was only available for a few weeks before they switched to K/T on July 1st.

I read on Jan's site that there is also a variation of the first EP, The Rolling Stones, with the MT code. This may even be more rare as the M/T tax code wasn't even supposed to be being used by the time that was released.

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: December 15, 2011 19:19

treaclefingers
TWO The Past, Darkly:

US London Stereo Octoganals...not too exciting, except they are still sealed.

I got into trying to find original sealeds for a lot of the catalogue. Difficult but fun! Sealeds seem to have a significantly higher value than their unsealed cousins as well.

I always loved through the past, here is the mono test press of this one:

Date: December 15, 2011 19:20

Wow Treacle , you finally came up with one I haven't got .

first EP, The Rolling Stones, with the MT code .

I feel incomplete and worthless now , you have ruined my day moody smiley

Date: December 15, 2011 23:26

boston2006
Wow Treacle , you finally came up with one I haven't got .

first EP, The Rolling Stones, with the MT code .

I feel incomplete and worthless now , you have ruined my day moody smiley

I don't have it either, just to clarify, but glad I could make your Thursday!

Look at it this way, you have a new 'holy grail' to explore...unfortunately, I shall probably be bidding against you on ebay...DAMN!

The other one, which is a REAL holy grail, is the 45 for Poison Ivy/Fortune Teller, which is as RARE as they come.

I would think it would give an authentic Beast of Burden a run for the money.

Date: December 15, 2011 23:52

Okay , a little break from the action .

Let's play find the vinyl .

There are some 3,000 plus pieces of Rolling Stones vinyl in this room . It has taken years and lots of scratch to collect .

Can you see it ??

Date: December 15, 2011 23:59

boston2006
Okay , a little break from the action .

Let's play find the vinyl .

There are some 3,000 plus pieces of Rolling Stones vinyl in this room . It has taken years and lots of scratch to collect .

Can you see it ??

Holy moly Boston, you are a true nutbar...I LOVE IT!

What am I looking for, the Beast of Burden, or the Poison Ivy single?

You ABSOLUTELY HAVE to catalogue this stuff...if just for insurance purposes. It's a bit of effort and you can do it over time, but nice to be able to check a word or excel doc from time to time to confirm what you have . Before that, I'd often buy stuff I already had, forgetting I had it.

My office certainly doesn't look like that, but I find it a challenge sometimes remembering what I have...much easier to have a list!

Date: December 16, 2011 00:09

I haven't got either of those . angry smiley

I pretty much know where everything is . All vinyl is alphabetical . Hats are all together . Posters are rolled in tubes and labeled . Reel to Reels , cassettes cds and 8 tracks are very visible . I have spoken with an insurance agent and was told that regardless of rarity . LPs are worth $5.00 ea etc. etc. etc . . There are 278 tee shirts pictured by the way .

And my name is Dan smoking smiley

Date: December 16, 2011 00:16

boston2006

I haven't got either of those . angry smiley

I pretty much know where everything is . All vinyl is alphabetical . Hats are all together . Posters are rolled in tubes and labeled . Reel to Reels , cassettes cds and 8 tracks are very visible . I have spoken with an insurance agent and was told that regardless of rarity . LPs are worth $5.00 ea etc. etc. etc . . There are 278 tee shirts pictured by the way .

And my name is Dan smoking smiley

OK Bostondan...

But shirley (sorry, I won't ever call you shirley again) you must have purchased the Some Girls superdeluxe, so you at least have a Beast of Burden placeholder?

I bought it but haven't opened it yet...maybe a christmas treat!

Do you have the SHELLEY Hot Rocks with the alternate Brown Sugar/Wild Horses takes, and do you have the Promotional Album?

I presume you have the MJ radio interview album with Tom Donaghue from 1971...the very first RSR release?

Date: December 16, 2011 00:35

I have not purchased Some Girls superdeluxe as of yet . the price will drop eventually . Then I'll strike !!

Shelley Hot Rocks is in there somewhere along with the South African Issue Steffiestones is sending me ( we made another swap )

I presume you have the MJ radio interview album with Tom Donaghue from 1971...the very first RSR release?
Yes , and I'm glad you presumed and not assumed because we all know where that goes .

Date: December 16, 2011 00:43

This promo ?

Yeah , just got it a few days ago

or this one ,

I have that also but am not sure if it is not a boot . Got it very cheap at a used record store

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-16 00:53 by boston2006.

Date: December 16, 2011 00:58

boston2006
I have not purchased Some Girls superdeluxe as of yet . the price will drop eventually . Then I'll strike !!

Shelley Hot Rocks is in there somewhere along with the South African Issue Steffiestones is sending me ( we made another swap )

Yes , and I'm glad you presumed and not assumed because we all know where that goes .

I acquired it for 62 GBP's from Amazon.co.uk, which is about $100...so I didn't think that was too bad (given it is completely overpriced, for what it is).

If it goes really inexpensive I may grab another!

Regarding HOT ROCKs I have the Shelly with the 11/71 stamp in the deadwax, and then I have another Shelley with the 12/71 stamp. I also have a sealed promo, with the black sticker affixed atop the plastic cover.

Date: December 16, 2011 00:59

boston2006
This promo ?

Yeah , just got it a few days ago

or this one ,

I have that also but am not sure if it is not a boot . Got it very cheap at a used record store

NICE....that is on my to do list! My Promotional is a pretty obvious boot.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1645
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home