Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5354555657585960616263Next
Current Page: 62 of 63
Re: SuperHeavy
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 25, 2015 17:40

HMS
treaclefingers
yeah, it's yet another album with too many songs. there is a large amount of excellent material but a few mediocre ones did sneak there way on.

There are about 12-14 songs too many, imo.
But I have to admit that this is not my kind of music, so of course I couldn´t hear any "excellent matrial". I listened to it only once and never will listen to it again.
A huge disappointment.

Not much Mick on this album, at least I expected more. Anyway his voice sounds terrible, so it doesn´t matter. His worst singing in his entire career can be found on this one, I guess. Why the hell must he sound so awful whiny?

That is certainly the pot calling the kettle black.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 25, 2015 17:50

I wasn't going to post anymore in this thread (didn't it die off a couple years ago?), but that was a good one treaclefingers! smiling smiley

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 25, 2015 17:51

GetYerAngie
I think SuperHeavy was - and is - a very good record and I still listen to it. It doesn't succeed in every track, but I like the spirit on it. Much more exciting than Crosseyed Heart.

eye popping smiley

Date: October 25, 2015 18:03

KRiffhard
GetYerAngie
I think SuperHeavy was - and is - a very good record and I still listen to it. It doesn't succeed in every track, but I like the spirit on it. Much more exciting than Crosseyed Heart.

eye popping smiley

I am an admittedly bad Keith Richards fan...I bought this damn CD 3 weeks ago and STILL haven't opened it.

I'll get to it today and give you the definitive decision on whether or not it's better than Superheavy.

Maybe we should do a new album death match? (simulcast of course).

Posted by: wicked67 ()
Date: October 25, 2015 18:47

Superheavy real shitty music!! Keith's album Crosseyed Heart. is a masterpiece in comparison...winking smiley

Date: October 25, 2015 18:53

wicked67
Superheavy real shitty music!! Keith's album Crosseyed Heart. is a masterpiece in comparison...winking smiley

Superuseless

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: October 25, 2015 18:56

After listening to SuperHeavy even Goddess In The Doorway is a masterpiece in comparison. Indeed a good way to learn to appreciate Goddess In The Doorwaycool smiley

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: October 25, 2015 19:03

wicked67

SuperHeavy was refreshing, something new. Crosseyed Heart is not bad, it's KR's best soloeffort, but he is so limited as a singer - and CH is a boring. KR plays it safe, takes no riscs. There is much to like or think is okay, but nothing to be surprised of. I have already stopped listening to it. It doesn't grow on me. SuperHeavy did that.

Date: October 25, 2015 20:53

GetYerAngie
wicked67

SuperHeavy was refreshing, something new. Crosseyed Heart is not bad, it's KR's best soloeffort, but he is so limited as a singer - and CH is a boring. KR plays it safe, takes no riscs. There is much to like or think is okay, but nothing to be surprised of. I have already stopped listening to it. It doesn't grow on me. SuperHeavy did that.

See that's your problem, you want to 'grow'. Can't you just stagnate musically like some of the other great posters before you?!

Date: October 25, 2015 21:02

OK...listening to it right now. Up to Satyameva Jayathe...sing it everyone!

SATYAMEVA JAYATHE!!!!

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: October 25, 2015 21:25

treaclefingers
GetYerAngie
wicked67

See that's your problem, you want to 'grow'. Can't you just stagnate musically like some of the other great posters before you?!

grinning smiley

Date: October 25, 2015 21:32

HMS
After listening to SuperHeavy even Goddess In The Doorway is a masterpiece in comparison. Indeed a good way to learn to appreciate Goddess In The Doorwaycool smiley

grinning smiley After listening SuperUseless maybe Goddess is a decent album!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-25 21:36 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: October 25, 2015 21:36

Yeah, Pooper Heavy was a total bust for Jagger. Really sounds horrible. Keith's isn't anything new, but feels very comfortable, and has much more soul to it as well. Heavy seemed like, and remains a crass commercial crap fest. Jagger sounds better doing soul, R&B, Gospel, blues and rock. Rap reggae is an abomination.

Date: October 25, 2015 21:51

treaclefingers

SATYAMEVA JAYATHE!!!!

All together..."SATYAMEEEEVA JAYATHEEEE"

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: October 25, 2015 22:05

treaclefingers
HMS
treaclefingers
yeah, it's yet another album with too many songs. there is a large amount of excellent material but a few mediocre ones did sneak there way on.

There are about 12-14 songs too many, imo.
But I have to admit that this is not my kind of music, so of course I couldn´t hear any "excellent matrial". I listened to it only once and never will listen to it again.
A huge disappointment.

Not much Mick on this album, at least I expected more. Anyway his voice sounds terrible, so it doesn´t matter. His worst singing in his entire career can be found on this one, I guess. Why the hell must he sound so awful whiny?

That is certainly the pot calling the kettle black.

LOL, how about it!

Superheavy is excellent! I still have it on the ipod mini, gave it a whirl the other day. So many good songs, with great moments by Mick - as someone just brought up, Warring People is just one of his highlights. Never Gonna Change is great. And a nice rocker with I Can't Take It. His singing is great on other tracks as well, Miracle Worker, Beautiful People. Even that tracks he's not highly featured on are good.

GetYerAngie
...Crosseyed Heart is not bad, it's KR's best soloeffort, but he is so limited as a singer - and CH is a boring. KR plays it safe, takes no riscs. There is much to like or think is okay, but nothing to be surprised of...

Okay, is this "let's play 'how many things we can say wrong in the shortest time' "?

** edit to give it my own shot ... women ask for it - the jews were behind 911 - rod stewart has been great the past 20 years - friends was a great show. There, how'd i do?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-25 22:09 by LeonidP.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 25, 2015 22:08

whitem8
Rap reggae is an abomination.

By Jagger, perhaps; but not by credible artists in those given genres.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: October 25, 2015 22:11

Big Al
whitem8
Rap reggae is an abomination.

Oh, i guess it must be a black jamaican that can only do that. Okay. Only white Texans can play country.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 25, 2015 22:14

LeonidP

Oh, i guess it must be a black jamaican that can only do that. Okay. Only white Texans can play country.[/quote]

Err? I was not insinuating anything like that whatsoever.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 25, 2015 22:30

GetYerAngie
wicked67

Jagger taking risks with bunk material is not anything to champion about. Keith doing what he did on CROSSEYED HEART? There are no risks when you're a musician of his caliber.

Date: October 25, 2015 22:31

Big Al
LeonidP

Oh, i guess it must be a black jamaican that can only do that. Okay. Only white Texans can play country.

Err? I was not insinuating anything like that whatsoever.[/quote]

Hank hung out in LA - Lower Alabama, that is.

Date: October 25, 2015 22:31

Someone please explain - WHY is the SuperTurd thread alive again? It has ZERO credibility, just like the "band" and the album.

Date: October 26, 2015 00:34

GasLightStreet
Someone please explain - WHY is the SuperTurd thread alive again? It has ZERO credibility, just like the "band" and the album.

One reason: Proud Mary is back smiling smiley

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: October 26, 2015 00:48

KRiffhard
treaclefingers

SATYAMEVA JAYATHE!!!!

All together..."SATYAMEEEEVA JAYATHEEEE"

SATUYAAMEEEVAA JAUYVOATHEEEE !!!smileys with beer

Date: October 26, 2015 00:51

Just got back from taking the kids to the field for a little round of soccer. On the way home we were all singing, SATYAMEEEEVA JAYATHEEEE! at the top of our lungs.

It was pretty funny when people started looking at us...bad enough singing out loud in public but a song no one has ever heard of, and not even English is a bit of a trip. If only my kids were old enough to know better!

Posted by: kammpberg ()
Date: October 26, 2015 01:08

I'm a huge fan of Jagger, including his solo albums. But his singing on SuperHeavy is horrible. Absolutely cringe worthy on some occasions. I hate to say it, but his contributions are the worst on an otherwise decent album. For what it's worth, I also hate Jagger's vocals on the Alfie soundtrack....

Date: October 26, 2015 01:21

kammpberg
I'm a huge fan of Jagger, including his solo albums. But his singing on SuperHeavy is horrible. Absolutely cringe worthy on some occasions. I hate to say it, but his contributions are the worst on an otherwise decent album. For what it's worth, I also hate Jagger's vocals on the Alfie soundtrack....

Damien Marley and Joss Stone are definitely the album's MVPs but overall I think MJ did a good job. A couple of cringeworthy vocals in places though, I'll agree.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: October 26, 2015 01:49

Some of the songs are okay, but I never listened to it after the first week. That song of Micks " TAKE IT NO MORE is cringe worthy. It's so generic. What was he thinking?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 26, 2015 02:21

DandelionPowderman
GasLightStreet

I think I've figured it out:
There's a conspiracy to try and match the quantity of posts to that of the Crosseyed Heart thread. winking smiley
Will never happen as the Superlightweight thread will never stand a chance as it gasps for air.
Just as it originally died with a whimper (like the album itself), this reincarnation will soon be nothing more than a distant memory...RIP (again).

Posted by: kammpberg ()
Date: October 26, 2015 02:27

You mentioned Joss Stone MVP on SuperHeavy - agree. You know what's a awesome track - very cool track - check out "Wicked Time" on the Alfie soundtrack which features Joss Stone and Ndirah Seid with a touch of Jagger. It's a really "alternate" version of "Alfie". so cool.

Date: October 26, 2015 03:38

Hairball
DandelionPowderman
GasLightStreet

I think I've figured it out:
There's a conspiracy to try and match the quantity of posts to that of the Crosseyed Heart thread. winking smiley
Will never happen as the Superlightweight thread will never stand a chance as it gasps for air.
Just as it originally died with a whimper (like the album itself), this reincarnation will soon be nothing more than a distant memory...RIP (again).

Hairball, you're low self esteem is showing.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5354555657585960616263Next
Current Page: 62 of 63

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2062
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home