Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8
Re: Track Talk: I'm Going Down
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 15, 2011 20:02

"I personally don't like to have my speculations on a board dismissed as "ridiculous"."

Okay : imagine I say Napoelon was a woman. You'll say "ridiculous" then I'll strike back saying : "PROVE ME that I'm wrong".

This constitutes a perversion of the rules of logic and discussion and this is exactly what's going on here at IORR. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Bärs ()
Date: April 15, 2011 20:36

dcba

Okay : imagine I say Napoelon was a woman. You'll say "ridiculous" then I'll strike back saying : "PROVE ME that I'm wrong".

Okay: that example is irrelevant.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: April 15, 2011 20:58

To avoid future quarrel, maybe it would be easier and faster to say on which songs Keith really plays ?

Posted by: ThankGod ()
Date: April 15, 2011 21:30

Bärs
Well, you did write before the post you qouted:

"It's like the discussion about Keith's part in Plundered My Soul -it's just ridiculous to state it's anyone else than Richards."

I personally don't like to have my speculations on a board dismissed as "ridiculous".

I think what Mathijs is referring to there is Amsterdamneds' insistence that he had "inside knowledge" that the Plundered My Soul rhythm guitar was not played by Keith, but played by Mick Taylor.

Quite frankly, it was a ridiculous lie, and he knows it.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 15, 2011 21:38

Okay : imagine I say Napoelon was a woman. You'll say "ridiculous" then I'll strike back saying : "PROVE ME that I'm wrong". <dcba>

My posts regarding PMS where about the overdubs.
I stated it was Taylor,almost nobody believed me.
About Keith rythm part I misinterpreted . So that's only a part of the story.
I set that straight way back if I remember it well.

Posted by: ThankGod ()
Date: April 15, 2011 22:04

Amsterdamned
Okay : imagine I say Napoelon was a woman. You'll say "ridiculous" then I'll strike back saying : "PROVE ME that I'm wrong". <dcba>

No you didnt. You obviously dont remember it well at all.

Thats the trouble with liars, its so very difficult for them to remember every lie theyve told. All liars eventually trip up and the truth is exposed.

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: April 15, 2011 22:13

ThankGod
Amsterdamned

No you didnt. You obviously dont remember it well at all.

Thats the trouble with liars, its so very difficult for them to remember every lie theyve told. All liars eventually trip up and the truth is exposed.

And Amsterdamned deletes / edits all his posts almost every single time, so he thinks we don't remember what he wrote.... Problems is: he forgets himself!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 15, 2011 22:17

Years from now we'll look back fondly as we recall how this innocuous little outtake became the first of Rene's legendary Trash Talk posts.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 15, 2011 23:53

Rocky Dijon
Years from now we'll look back fondly as we recall how this innocuous little outtake became the first of Rene's legendary Trash Talk posts.

As long as it doesn't turn out to be the first Track Talk to be closed or deleted by the Management.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: April 16, 2011 00:02

Amsterdamned

Aaaah (again aaaah!), now that is not completely true, now is it, my dear friend Amsterdamned? You stated and claimed in that thread several times that you had inside information it was not keith Richards on rhythm guitar, but Taylor. It didn't matter what references and proof anyone had showing it really was Richards -we where all dead wrong, as you had inside information it was actually Taylor. You did state that several times.

And indeed, you do seem to have a habit of editing your postings, but of course I would not like to be accused of accusing you of editing your posts after you have been proved wrong, my dear friend Amsterdamned.

I start to like you, you know.

Mathijs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-16 00:04 by Mathijs.

Date: April 16, 2011 00:09

Bärs

"It's like the discussion about Keith's part in Plundered My Soul -it's just ridiculous to state it's anyone else than Richards."

I personally don't like to have my speculations on a board dismissed as "ridiculous".

Well, yes, but that wasn't directed to Amsterdamned directly, or anyone for that matter. But indeed, in my personal opinion (and not as a matter of fact), I find it as rediculous to state it is not Richards on rhythm guitar on I'M Going Down or Plundered My Soul as stating that it is not Mick Jagger on lead vocals of Start Me Up.

That's what I mean with 'I can be a little blunt'.

Mathijs

Date: April 16, 2011 00:31

ThankGod
Bärs

I think what Mathijs is referring to there is Amsterdamneds' insistence that he had "inside knowledge" that the Plundered My Soul rhythm guitar was not played by Keith, but played by Mick Taylor.

Quite frankly, it was a ridiculous lie, and he knows it.

I knew you would come up with this old post.smiling smiley

Unfortunately I made an error posting and defending too fast it was the rythm guitar, instead of Taylors great slide intro etc.
That was not quite clear by the time it was told to me... Maybe a bit too impatient to share that news. Calling me a liar is a bit far fetched, but that's "Thank God's" interpretation.

Anyway, my biggest fun about this story is that I knew it even before Keith,
regardless the track Taylor played. Sometimes the world is upside down. cool smiley

Date: April 16, 2011 00:57

Amsterdamned

Unfortunately I made an error posting and defending too fast it was the rythm guitar, instead of Taylors great slide intro etc.
That was not quite clear by the time it was told to me... Maybe a bit too impatient to share that news.

[www.iorr.org]

ThankGod
kleermaker
Amsterdamned has stated that he has a reliable source that says that Taylor did also the rhythm part. He said that days ago.

I guess you mean this?

Amsterdamned
It's both Taylor on lead & rhythm.
No Keith involved.

or

Amsterdamned
It's both Taylor on lead & rhythm.
No Keith involved. 100% shure.

or

Amsterdamned
I really know the truth about it. Believe me or not.
It's Taylor on Lead and rhythm.
No Keith involved.

or

Amsterdamned
It's not Keith but Mick. .I'am as sure as possible.cool smiley

or

Amsterdamned
Mick both ,recreation track too.I'm well informed.
The truth may be told.

or

Amsterdamned
Keith wasn't involved.. I know it.

or this?

Amsterdamned
Mick T did the lead and rhythm,.I got this from a well informed source.

Mathijs

Date: April 16, 2011 00:58

Amsterdamned
Anyway, my biggest fun about this story is that I knew it even before Keith

Well, no:

[www.iorr.org]

Mathijs

Date: April 16, 2011 01:36

Mathijs
Amsterdamned
Anyway, my biggest fun about this story is that I knew it even before Keith

Well, no:

[www.iorr.org]

Mathijs

15 pages is too much for me.

I admit I was wrong about the rythm,but right about the other Taylor parts.
No one believed me I was told and I posted this before anyone here (Keith included apparently) believed Mick played on PMS.

See below.
Is that it so hard for you to believe such a message, posted by an
enthusiastic fan?
Sometimes it's hard not to be Mr-"Know it all",my dear Mathijs?

Date: April 16, 2011 01:52

Ah, happy memories. That was a fun thread while it lasted.

Date: April 16, 2011 09:25

Rocky Dijon
Ah, happy memories. That was a fun thread while it lasted.

You can say that indeed,

I was wrong for a part, how can I deny it,..that doesn't make me a liar.
A liar is some one not telling the truth on purpose. I was just deadly wrong about the rythm part.

But summing up old posts in a row while it was in a period where Keith said: "No overdubs by Mick Taylor", makes it even look worse. How low can you go.
The fact I stated at the same time that it was actually MT who did the overdubs,while everybody was guessing, and thus I was right for that part cause I knew it for sure..,well, let's forget that.

Dear Mathijs: my previous post where I said you're a police officer or I feel like being in court is true indeed with one difference: The way you acted by summing up these old posts in a row makes you
even a prosecutor, one of the most indecent jobs on this board in this context, with the virtual help of your 2 henchmen.
Ive lost my last grain of respect for you, not as a Stones fan, but as a human being.
Ive never said that to any person in my entire life before.
Some people are not even worth to get their as kicked. winking smiley
Your honour.

Date: April 16, 2011 12:25

You accused me of rewriting history. Well, I had good fun reading the old threads about Plundered My Soul again. And it is you who rewrites history here. All you have to do is read the first two pages of this: [www.iorr.org]

And [www.iorr.org].

The discussion never was about whether Taylor played on Plundered or not: the track was available on Youtube and it was clear it was Taylor on lead guitar. The discussion was whether it was an overdub or not, as that was difficult to hear on the Youtube recording. There where also different reports: Taylor claimed he did an overdub on one song, Jagger was evasive, and Richards denied it. It was then when you claimed you where told by a source close to the band that it was Taylor who overdubbed both the lead and the rhythm guitar. The discussion then changed to whether it was Keith on open G. And, as in this thread, you never listened to any arguments, but kept stating the mantra that you ‘knew’ because someone ‘told’ you.

While reading the topics again, I noticed something different. Kleermaker and yourself accuse me of being a terrible person without any decency. On each and every thread about PMS the discussions last for several pages, in case even 13 pages, where the discussions are positive and in a very good mood. Every time that Kleermaker or yourself enter the discussion it immediately turns into a barroom brawl, like this:

[www.iorr.org]

kleermaker
"Taylor is generic in my opinion. It’s not the fluid Taylor we expect (then again, he hardly plays anything fluid on Exile), it sounds heavily edited to my ears, and it’s just not the most inspiring licks ever laid to tape. It’s prominent and has a great sound, but it just isn’t memorable enough. I can see why they didn’t finish it in ’72." Quote Mathijs.

"Agree withy everything you said Mathjis

Great post." Quote 71Tele.

71Tele, I'm totally speachless. Don't you really understand what this guy is actually saying? It's just a sneer to Taylor, don't you see that? Of course it's not the best Taylor has ever played, not by far. But in the context of the song it's just great. Period. It's the best the song has to offer and it compensates Jagger's lousy vocals for a great deal. Without Taylor's guitar this song would be nothing to talk about. Well, you might endlessly talk about how great the drums and the bass sound, not to forget the piano, the sax, the percussion and the backup vocals.

Amsterdamned
Ive lost my last grain of respect for you, not as a Stones fan, but as a human being.

All I can say is that you must be a deeply disturbed person if you are capable of stating this.

Mathijs

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: April 16, 2011 12:31

all right guys, it's not really funny, it's going too far...
it would be good to stop now.
You can't appreciate everyone in this world, but with a little bit of tolerance, things can get better..

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 16, 2011 14:31

ROCKMAN

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 16, 2011 15:08

I think it's Keith on guitar in I'm Going Down, but it could of course be someone else. You never know. Pretty good song, btw.

Date: April 16, 2011 23:11

It is a good song, imo. It wouldn't have needed very much touching up from Jagger to make it shine even more.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 17, 2011 00:22

Bjornulf SEND THE U.N. PEACEMAKERS please!
By tomorrow morning I betcha i'll be reading stuff like "I bet your grandpa was a Nazi informer in occupied Netherland during WWII"

STOP!

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: April 17, 2011 01:17

Date: April 17, 2011 02:14

Oddly enough, if one of their Grandfathers was a Nazi informer in occupied Netherlands during World War II, it would interest Keith far more than Taylor.

It's little things like that that make this place so interesting.

Date: April 17, 2011 10:37

Rocky Dijon
Oddly enough, if one of their Grandfathers was a Nazi informer in occupied Netherlands during World War II, it would interest Keith far more than Taylor.

It's little things like that that make this place so interesting.

Date: April 17, 2011 13:37

The discussion never was about whether Taylor played on Plundered or not<Mathijs>

You're right. It wasn't..hardly.., and not done to explain... for me. smiling smiley

[www.iorr.org].

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-17 20:19 by Amsterdamned.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: April 18, 2011 18:25

It's always reminded me of Brown Sugar. Great riff but it sounds like its not finished especially the vocals.

Date: April 18, 2011 18:30

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-17 18:19 by Amsterdamned.

Only 2 times?! Are you sure?

Date: April 18, 2011 23:17

Slew, you bring up an excellent point in that to me the lyrics are the only let-down. Had the lyrics been reworked to resemble something approaching coherency, this track would have made the grade. As it is, there is a great riff, great playing, and great vocal performance. The let-down is that the lyrics never really make any sense which damns the song to be nothing more than an officially released outtake that never really fits as a missing piece of a puzzle since the lyrics are just a sketch.

My apologies for helping to take the thread back on topic.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1996
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home