Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 5 of 8
Re: Track Talk: I'm Going Down
Posted by: cc ()
Date: April 14, 2011 07:07

let's change the subject slightly: why isn't it bill on bass?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-14 17:00 by cc.

Posted by: Bärs ()
Date: April 14, 2011 09:45

24FPS
'University politics are vicious precisely because the stakes are so small.- Henry Kissinger

That's a great quote. Gotta remember that one.

Anyway, I know it's not him but it sounds like Ron on bass. I don't think it's Taylor. Too wild for him.

Posted by: René ()
Date: April 14, 2011 11:20

71Tele
I do tend to think it's Keith on guitar...But Keno's credits are wrong. That is certainly not Bill Plummer on bass. And was this really worked on at three different sessions?

Well, I think the basic track is recorded during the June - July sessions (though I'm not sure) and during the October 17 - October 26 or the October 28 - November 2 sessions Bobby's sax part was overdubbed.

René

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 14, 2011 11:27

Yeah dates is intressting but who plays? Is it really Charlie on drums? sounds more like sessionmusician Keith Moon...grinning smiley

2 1 2 0

Date: April 14, 2011 11:39

Keith Moon?? Are you thinking of Rocky's congas there, perhaps?

Date: April 14, 2011 12:12

there we are! Congas is played by Bill 'The Stone-face' Wyman!

2 1 2 0

Date: April 14, 2011 13:19

Definitely Charlie on drums. He used to play on the bell occasionally autum 1969, listen to Satisfaction from Altamont.

Date: April 14, 2011 15:02

Oh 'Ring Them Bells'...

2 1 2 0

Date: April 14, 2011 15:10

Where are the current swedish stars? winking smiley

Date: April 14, 2011 15:13

He He they're like The Beatles...Blasts from the pasts...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 14, 2011 16:02

That can not be said about posters who add nothing of interest to this board than picking
on other's mail and contradict everything the other wrote, just to be able to contradict
something. I don't know what is wrong with posters like these, but I agree that sometimes
it seems that they don't have a meaningful life of their own. "I post, so therefor
I exist" seems to be their motto.

Mathijs don't go. Don't take my fun.[/quote] <Marcovandereick>

Well, if there's someone here who spoiled this discussion, it's Mathijs.
He adds nothing that cannot be found in a local bookstore,internet or your guitar teacher/shop around the corner.
I only told my thoughts about the guitar part and how brown sugar eventually got put together, without claiming it to be true unlike Mathijs. Just to start an interesting discussion,
M had to slaughter it, and in case of not being accepted his point of view, pretending to leave this board.

Besides spreading dirty lies about me.

I use my spare time by posting interesting clips about other musicians,topic related, or
just a cartoon every now and then, just to make this board less boring or a bit funny since all stones footage and most stories in the world have been posted here already.
If you don't like it, just ignore,so do I.
This browser is open on my spare computer at my office,so it's simple to make a fast post.

To give you a little impression how I think and live.

That's all.

Mathijs don't go, don't take my fun.Thank you, dream on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-14 22:25 by Amsterdamned.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 14, 2011 16:52

So just to be clear, you don't want Mathijs to send you a Christmas card this year, right?

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: April 14, 2011 17:25

no and I think they won't spend their holidays on the same planet !

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: April 14, 2011 19:05

Amsterdamned

Well, if there's someone here who spoiled this discussion, it's Mathijs.
He adds nothing that cannot be found in a local bookstore,internet or your guitar teacher/shop around the corner.
I only told my thoughts about the guitar part and how brown sugar eneventually got put together, without claiming it to be true unlike Mathijs. Just to start an interesting discussion, M had to slaughter it, and in case of not being accepted his point of view, pretending to leave this board.

Wooh, now you’re taking it too far. As in any discussion with you involved, you a) add nothing to it and b) it is impossible to convince you. Just to remind you: I added references to Jagger’s and Taylor’s playing style (beging totally different), references to Richards’ playing style (similar to other classic open G tracks) I added that the vocals are live, and thus impossible that Jagger also plays guitar, that the track has the same guitar sound characteristics as other tracks from the June ’69 sessions (with an ES-330 through a HiWatt DR-103 amp), prove that it can’t be Bill Plummer and the reason why the credits on the first pressing where wrong.

What did you add? I quote: ‘I agree with you,Bars and Redhotcarpet that it's probably not Richards. Too heavy handed to play like this’. That’s it. That’s all.

Further to this, you will never except any proof when it proofs you wrong. Nobody is capable of convincing you of anything because you don’t want to be convinced.

Remember the discussion about how Taylor got his overdrive sound on Stray Cat from Ya Ya’s? You where convinced it was an effects pedal of sorts, and that it was not possible to achieve this just by the volume pot of a LP and a hot Ampeg amp. Several people, including me, wrote how they got quite close to that sound with various Ampeg amps, showed video proof of Taylor using the volume pot a dozen times per song, showed proof how Taylor’s guitar lead went straight to the input of the amp, and in the end even referenced to personal conversations with Taylor. What did you say in the end? ‘I don’t believe it’s possible’. That’s was it.

And remember the discussion we had where you stated that Ampeg amps are chockfull of Philips components? You went on and on for days and days defending yourself. That was just ridiculous –just open up any 1950’s to 1980 Ampeg amp and there’s not a Philips component to be found. Read any reference book on Ampeg maintenance, and there’s not a single mention of Philips components, except for the odd transistor or cap here and there.

Amsterdamned

I use my spare time by posting interesting clips about other musicians,topic related, or just a cartoon every now and then, just to make this board less boring or a bit funny since all stones footage and most stories in the world have been posted here already. If you don't like it, just ignore,so do I.

This browser is open on my spare computer at my office,so it's simple to make a fast post. To give you a little impression how I think and live.

This is your opinion and your reality. We have had this discussion as well many times before. My problem with your postings is not so much that I find them, as stated before, illiterate and uninformed, it’s the fact that you, and Kleermaker before he left, hijack each and every thread with the same old, same old ‘Taylor is god, Richards is shite and who the fvck is Ron Wood’. Everyone on this board is entitled to post a joke, stupidity or whatever once in while, but you just completely overdo it in my opinion. Each and every thread is killed by you, and as this board is dear to me it really annoys me to death.

Amsterdamned

Besides spreading dirty lies about me.

The amount of your postings on this board gives me the impression that you are unemployed. The quality of your postings gives me the impression you live in Amsterdam Noord. That is my opinion, and I did not present that as fact.

Mathijs

Date: April 14, 2011 20:08

That is my opinion, and I did not present that as fact.

<Mathijs>

It has the same impact as you know very well.

Nobody is perfect or knows everything, you nor me.

Watching your amount of postings you might be on the dole too, parttime to say the least.
The quality of your postings sound like a police officer reading the law.
Your way of interfering gives me the impression being on court.

Your musical taste gives me the impression You live in the Achterhoek.

Never assume personal things unless you know someone in person...
It's not very smart and humiliating in this case.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 14, 2011 20:14

What is the deal with Netherlanders guessing where other Netherlanders live based on their posts? Some context would be helpful to the rest of us.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: April 14, 2011 20:19

71Tele
What is the deal with Netherlanders guessing where other Netherlanders live based on their posts? Some context would be helpful to the rest of us.

yeah. cos it would be fun to play with others on the board. and we could even extend it beyond guessing the living locale.

for instance, based on tele's post, i guess that:

he lives in a van down by the river.

he wakes up every morning to sound of rice krispies, with the stones jingle accompanying it

he watches alot of reruns on the tele, which is prolly an old 1971 vintage...hence his handle....

Date: April 14, 2011 20:34

71Tele

Amsterdam North is an era where the poor end less educated people live(d.)
Not Anymore, it's booming.

The Achterhoek is an era in the mid-east cool smileyof Holland.
Many people living there don't come any further than the next Village.
It's booming too I presume, never come there though.

StonesTod
71Tele

yeah. cos it would be fun to play with others on the board. and we could even extend it beyond guessing the living locale.

he wakes up every morning to sound of rice krispies, with the stones jingle accompanying it

he watches alot of reruns on the tele, which is prolly an old 1971 vintage...hence his handle....

Well, now you've just hurt my feelings...I live in a mobile home down by the river. I bypassed television entirely and receive all my entertainment and information from a Phillips bakelite radio (hence me being utterly unfamiliar with any Stones output after 1974), and I HATE cereal!

Posted by: kleermaker ()

StonesTod
71Tele

We Dutch are divided into two kinds of people: those who live in the city (city men) and peasants. Amsterdamned lives in Amsterdam (our biggest city), I live in Dordrecht (our oldest city), Mathijs is a peasant.

Amsterdamned
71Tele

Amsterdam North is an era where the poor end less educated people live(d.)
Not Anymore, it's booming.

The Achterhoek is an era in the mid-east cool smileyof Holland.
Many people living there don't come any further than the next Village.
It's booming too I presume, never come there though.

That helps. Thank you.

Date: April 14, 2011 20:35

kleermaker
StonesTod
71Tele

We Dutch are divided into two kinds of people: those who live in the city (city men) and peasants. Amsterdamned lives in Amsterdam (our biggest city), I live in Dordrecht (our oldest city), Mathijs is a peasant.

What about people who live in Rotterdam or The Haage?

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: April 14, 2011 20:35

StonesTod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-14 20:36 by rocker1.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: April 14, 2011 20:36

71Tele
StonesTod
71Tele

Well, now you've just hurt my feelings...I live in a mobile home down by the river. I bypassed television entirely and receive all my entertainment and information from a Phillips bakelite radio (hence me being utterly unfamiliar with any Stones output after 1974), and I HATE cereal!

congrats on the housing upgrade!

as for the rest, well...you think you know somebody after all these years/posts....

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: April 14, 2011 20:48

kleermaker
StonesTod
71Tele

Dordrecht our oldest city?! That's funny (read: stupid). Hoe dichter bij Dordt, hoe rotter het wordt.

Date: April 14, 2011 20:53

I'm offended by the implication that poor people can't write quality posts.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 14, 2011 21:20

Is Hilversum where the good, decent city folk live or is it filled with provinicial bumpkins only worthy of our collective contempt? I ask only because Jagger recorded there in 1986 and I'm curious.

I must say I'm surprised to learn such attitudes still exist in the Netherlands. It's a bit like reading Dumas where everyone looks down on D'artagnan for coming from the provinces. Of course, the Musketeers' motto was "All For One and One For All" and the motto here appears to be "@#$%& Mathijs" and not in the way he'd like.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 14, 2011 21:26

I'm fascinated how a post about an abandoned song that was stripped for another song has devolved into Dutch character assassination. Having ridden a bike (Mijn fiet) far into the North Amsterdam countryside, I saw some beautiful houses, many with pygmy goats with fat little bellys. Utrecht is an hour outside Amsterdam, and it's a fantastic little place to visit. Countryside, city, (Den Hague is boring to me) I love discovering Holland. The weather ain't the best, but you're lucky to live there. I feel like I'm coming home everytime I train in from Schipol and first see the spire of Sint Nicolaaskerk. I wish I could have a cold Amstel on the Leidseplein today. Sigh.

Posted by: ThankGod ()
Date: April 14, 2011 21:34

Highly amusing to see kleermaker once again leaping to the defence of Amsterdamned

Date: April 14, 2011 21:34

24FPS
I'm fascinated how a post about an abandoned song that was stripped for another song has devolved into Dutch character assassination. Having ridden a bike (Mijn fiet) far into the North Amsterdam countryside, I saw some beautiful houses, many with pygmy goats with fat little bellys. Utrecht is an hour outside Amsterdam, and it's a fantastic little place to visit. Countryside, city, (Den Hague is boring to me) I love discovering Holland. The weather ain't the best, but you're lucky to live there. I feel like I'm coming home everytime I train in from Schipol and first see the spire of Sint Nicolaaskerk. I wish I could have a cold Amstel on the Leidseplein today. Sigh.

I love the Netherlands too (I'm a Yank), and it breaks my heart to see these folks fight with each other.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 5 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1687
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home