Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 6 of 8
Re: Track Talk: I'm Going Down
Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 14, 2011 21:59

Vocalion
kleermaker
StonesTod
71Tele
What is the deal with Netherlanders guessing where other Netherlanders live based on their posts? Some context would be helpful to the rest of us.

yeah. cos it would be fun to play with others on the board. and we could even extend it beyond guessing the living locale.

for instance, based on tele's post, i guess that:

he lives in a van down by the river.

he wakes up every morning to sound of rice krispies, with the stones jingle accompanying it

he watches alot of reruns on the tele, which is prolly an old 1971 vintage...hence his handle....

We Dutch are divided into two kinds of people: those who live in the city (city men) and peasants. Amsterdamned lives in Amsterdam (our biggest city), I live in Dordrecht (our oldest city), Mathijs is a peasant.

Dordrecht our oldest city?! That's funny (read: stupid). Hoe dichter bij Dordt, hoe rotter het wordt.

Oldest city of Holland of course. The rest is the province. Well, you even don't know your own country. But reading your name I understand why: you're German, Dieter. A typically German name, not a Dutch name.

Date: April 14, 2011 22:10

kleermaker
Vocalion
kleermaker
StonesTod
71Tele
What is the deal with Netherlanders guessing where other Netherlanders live based on their posts? Some context would be helpful to the rest of us.

yeah. cos it would be fun to play with others on the board. and we could even extend it beyond guessing the living locale.

for instance, based on tele's post, i guess that:

he lives in a van down by the river.

he wakes up every morning to sound of rice krispies, with the stones jingle accompanying it

he watches alot of reruns on the tele, which is prolly an old 1971 vintage...hence his handle....

We Dutch are divided into two kinds of people: those who live in the city (city men) and peasants. Amsterdamned lives in Amsterdam (our biggest city), I live in Dordrecht (our oldest city), Mathijs is a peasant.

Dordrecht our oldest city?! That's funny (read: stupid). Hoe dichter bij Dordt, hoe rotter het wordt.

Oldest city of Holland of course. The rest is the province. Well, you even don't know your own country. But reading your name I understand why: you're German, Dieter. A typically German name, not a Dutch name.

Strict immigration policies in Holland, I presume? Even in Norway we have Dieters winking smiley

Good to have you back, kleermaker!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 14, 2011 22:15

So urban Dutch are the Master Race at least as far as provincial Dutch and Germans are concerned. Good to know given that I am of German and Dutch extraction as well as British, Scots, and Irish. Sadly, I am not aware of where in Holland my Dutch forebears hailed, but I think we can make a pretty good guess based on my willingness to go to bat for Mathijs.

Date: April 14, 2011 22:20

I used to work with two Dutch guys. Both were very nice. One from Utrecht, the other from Amsterdam. No quarreling, only sweet harmony, creativity and productivity. It is possible, you know...

Oh, I'm a city guy, btw winking smiley

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: April 14, 2011 22:39

kleermaker

Moet jij geen leuke kindertruitjes gaan breien kleermakertje?!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 14, 2011 22:56

Wooh, now you’re taking it too far etc etc <Mathijs>

Well well,this never ends.,
Yes,I was wrong about the ampeg overdrive, so what?
I'am glad you admit there were some Philips transistors in it and magnavox took over.Who gives a shit after 3 years.

Remember you saying a MK 3 ain't good for any style at all?
You will never take it back,99,99% of al guitar players like the amp.
Richards only smoking in public,etc etc.
I never bashed Richards, I always loved his playing, but what's wrong with criticism.
You don't like Jeff Beck,the most in demand rocker while most people consider him one of the best. Feel free to do so.

Digging up older posts...please,..life is too short to waist my time on that.
There's always a post to tackle someone.

Posted by: Bärs ()
Date: April 14, 2011 23:07

It breaks my heart when I read that the old and proud Achterhooks language is on the decline. Does anyone here speak it?

Date: April 14, 2011 23:10

Moet jij geen leuke kindertruitjes gaan breien kleermakertje?!<Vocalion>

I get the slight impression you live in north? cool smiley

Date: April 14, 2011 23:12

Bärs
It breaks my heart when I read that the old and proud Achterhooks language is on the decline. Does anyone here speak it?

Here you are:

Date: April 14, 2011 23:20

"De band is afkomstig uit de Achterhoek en zingt in het lokale dialect (het Achterhoeks)."

Absolutely wonderful. Keep up the fightin spirit, I learn a lot about the Netherlands!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 14, 2011 23:46

Date: April 14, 2011 23:47

Bärs

My wife has been brought up in the Achterhoek. I still can hear it slightly when she speaks. Beautiful voice.

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: April 15, 2011 01:31

Amsterdamned

Nee, ik woon naast een mislukte 51 jarige jazz muzikant met een depressie.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: April 15, 2011 04:54

worst thread ever!

Date: April 15, 2011 06:27

Apologies to Rene whose track talks are a brilliant feature.

Date: April 15, 2011 08:38

kleermaker
Bärs

My wife has been brought up in the Achterhoek. I still can hear it slightly when she speaks. Beautiful voice.

You should encourage her to revitalize her Achterhoek. Small local languages are huge cultural assets.

Date: April 15, 2011 09:55

Vocalion
Amsterdamned

I feel sorry for you.
Abba helps.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: April 15, 2011 10:48

Vocalion
Amsterdamned

I am afraid I live within a mile of my dear friend Amsterdamned as well...went to University in Enschede though. Not the Achterhoek, but quite close.

Mathijs

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 15, 2011 11:03

.....Jimmy Hughes and those MIGHTY MIGHTY Falcons ....And hey theys both fookin FUNKY

....................Watch that guitar ..........

ROCKMAN

Date: April 15, 2011 11:31

Vocalion
Amsterdamned

What's with you guys? Please stop insulting eachother.

Date: April 15, 2011 11:45

I thought it was Belgium that was on the verge of civil war...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 15, 2011 12:36

Mathijs

I am afraid I live within a mile of my dear friend Amsterdamned as well...

Mathijs

So... why don't you settle this argument in a Barry Lindon fashion? Meet in park at dawn, each one of you with a pistol. At the count of three, etc etc.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: April 15, 2011 13:07

dcba
So... why don't you settle this argument in a Barry Lindon fashion? Meet in park at dawn, each one of you with a pistol. At the count of three, etc etc.

A capital suggestion!

Drew

Date: April 15, 2011 13:57

Mathijs
Vocalion
Amsterdamned

I am afraid I live within a mile of my dear friend Amsterdamned as well...went to University in Enschede though. Not the Achterhoek, but quite close.

Mathijs

Do they teach such awful bad manners over there? Or didn't you go to it to learn something? Because this whole issue started because of your scandalous behaviour. Don't you know the (meaning of the) verb 'to apologize'? Well, it would suit you to apologize, even if it would be the first time in your life. It's never too late.

PS: sorry DandelionP, (one of the) kindest guy(s) here, but once the truth has to be told.

Date: April 15, 2011 14:01

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-15 14:11 by Amsterdamned.

Posted by: straycatblues73 ()
Date: April 15, 2011 18:16

Guys , guys this has to stop . it was bad enough trying to defend my countrymen after the world cup final ! ( impossible of course )

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: April 15, 2011 18:35

kleermaker
Mathijs
Vocalion
Amsterdamned

Mathijs

Do they teach such awful bad manners over there? Or didn't you go to it to learn something? Because this whole issue started because of your scandalous behaviour. Don't you know the (meaning of the) verb 'to apologize'? Well, it would suit you to apologize, even if it would be the first time in your life. It's never too late.

PS: sorry DandelionP, (one of the) kindest guy(s) here, but once the truth has to be told.

Aaaah, well, there you're wrong you see. May I quote my dear friend Amsterdamned on page 2 of this thread: 'Several people,, me included think it might be Jagger or Taylor. with the exception of MR "Know it all", the most annoying person Ive never met , who attended the recording sessions'.

Now I will not deny I can be a bit blunt once in a while, but I did not start this 'scandalous behaviour'. At least not in this thread.

By the way, I will not take up the invitation to end this dispute in a Barry Lindon fashion. That would just be too unfair -I will not be a match for such on old man as Amsterdamned.

Mathijs

Date: April 15, 2011 19:22

Well, you did write before the post you qouted:

"It's like the discussion about Keith's part in Plundered My Soul -it's just ridiculous to state it's anyone else than Richards."

I personally don't like to have my speculations on a board dismissed as "ridiculous".

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 15, 2011 19:36

It's just these Dutch eigenwijsheid.........think some of them should exchange their EMail and discuss this privately ;o)

Date: April 15, 2011 19:37

So you've not received Satisfaction?

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 6 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1628
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home