Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7
Re: OT: Lennon Making Fun Of The Handicapped
Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: March 5, 2011 07:09

sweetcharmedlife
deadegad
Gazza
deadegad
Gazza
deadegad
rocker1
Gazza
rocker1
There's the oft-repeated story that probably has some truth to it, that in his youth Lennon would stand on the rooftop and piss on nuns as they made their way to or from the convent. So this guy has some issues.

You talk about that 'habit' (see what I did there?) as if it's a bad thing or something....

Nah, not necessarily. Hey, if you gotta go, you gotta go. Look out below!!!

I hope you guys are joking, or taking a piss, no pun intended.

You are not seriously suggesting that it is OK to urinate on a group of Nuns, or women in general?

who said anything about 'women in general'? And why stop at women? Are you suggesting its wrong to do it to women but ok to do it on men? Where are you going with this?drinking smiley

Where am I going with this? I always loved Lennon's music and message, but when you hear some things about him, like the pissing on some Nuns walking by, I guess he really was an @#$%& sometimes.

Lennon really did not do the right thing by Julian. Having known a couple of families whose fathers abandoned them that makes me sympathetic towards Julian.

I have some serious issues with the catholic church, and other denominations, but think it is uncool do something like what Lennon is alleged to have done.

Whooooooooooooooooooooosh! drinking smiley

Not sure what that means, but I guess Lennon urinating on some Nuns passing by is cool with you.
I think it means lighten the F up....All this stuff happened forty years ago and to go on and on for 6 pages about it, is just silly....But I don't want to put words in Gazza's mouth.eye rolling smiley

Lighting up is exactly what my point was when i wrote that the video clip does not mean that Lennon was automatically offensive to the handicapped. Gazza and I are, I think , on the same page there. It was a long time ago, you and I , agree.

If you were to read my initial post defending Lennon in that clip I mentioned, in just a couple of words, that Lennon on the one hand was not making fun of the handicapped, but on the other he did not do right by Julian and that caught others attention and . . ..

The pissing thing, the masturbation thing to an old lady, while uncool, to say the least, I also said he had grown up from.

I don't blog a lot and simply asked Gazza:et.al., if he were kidding, maybe left out an LOL!

He is usually a voice of reason around here, astute. Hence it surprised me so I asked about it.

The Julian thing was a disgrace though and that is where most of the words are coming from.

If you think I have been too wordy, oops, scroll up. LOL!
Take care.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: March 5, 2011 07:28

Gazza
deadegad
Gazza
deadegad
Gazza
deadegad
rocker1
Gazza
rocker1
There's the oft-repeated story that probably has some truth to it, that in his youth Lennon would stand on the rooftop and piss on nuns as they made their way to or from the convent. So this guy has some issues.

You talk about that 'habit' (see what I did there?) as if it's a bad thing or something....

Nah, not necessarily. Hey, if you gotta go, you gotta go. Look out below!!!

I hope you guys are joking, or taking a piss, no pun intended.

You are not seriously suggesting that it is OK to urinate on a group of Nuns, or women in general?

who said anything about 'women in general'? And why stop at women? Are you suggesting its wrong to do it to women but ok to do it on men? Where are you going with this?drinking smiley

Where am I going with this? I always loved Lennon's music and message, but when you hear some things about him, like the pissing on some Nuns walking by, I guess he really was an @#$%& sometimes.

Lennon really did not do the right thing by Julian. Having known a couple of families whose fathers abandoned them that makes me sympathetic towards Julian.

I have some serious issues with the catholic church, and other denominations, but think it is uncool do something like what Lennon is alleged to have done.

Whooooooooooooooooooooosh! drinking smiley

Not sure what that means, but I guess Lennon urinating on some Nuns passing by is cool with you.

It means youve clearly had a sense of humour by pass as it would have been quite obvious to pretty much everyone else that all of my previous comments were tongue in cheek.....

And so what if he did it anyway? He was about 20 years old and it was 50 odd years ago. Get over it.

"I hope you guys are joking, or taking a piss, no pun intended."

My sense of humor Is evident in the quote above "taking a piss." I guess I have not noticed your tongue in cheek style. There are so may posters and post. It's hard to keep track. I have noticed your name although.

What he did at 20 does not condemn the man forever, of course not, but still there were certainly 20 year olds then and now who were not such, what's the phrase, douche-bags.

But let's forget about that.

How about this:

Do you think Lennon treated Julian wrongly that is most of what I have been addressing here.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: March 5, 2011 09:35

Of course he treated Julian wrong. But when raising kids, many parents do what their parents did before, and their's before. That doesn't condone it, but explains it. It was a very sad tragedy. By all accounts Paul was a wonderful "father" to Julian and in interviews Julian often speaks fondly about Paul. T

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 5, 2011 14:15

deadegad
What he did at 20 does not condemn the man forever, of course not, but still there were certainly 20 year olds then and now who were not such, what's the phrase, douche-bags.

But let's forget about that.

How about this:

Do you think Lennon treated Julian wrongly that is most of what I have been addressing here.

Yes, Unquestionably. As much as I'm a fan of the guy's music (primarily in the 60s - he's seriously overrated as a solo artist, especially after 1971), I've never bought into the 'Saint John' thing for a minute. The man was deeply flawed and a myriad of contradictions. Some things though you can brush off to immaturity - abandoning your son isn't one of them, though.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 5, 2011 15:29

As far as that nasty 'pissing on nuns'-incident go, I find that basically to be in a line with what he would later sing "Imagine there is no religion"... After growing up a bit, he just found a more mature, not so harsh way to put it... the rough, juvenile rebellous angst had turned into naive hippie utopist philosophy expressed in a pop song. From the educational point of view, that is progress!

- Doxa

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: March 5, 2011 16:05

...and wasn't he even making fun of mr maharadja...

2 1 2 0

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1169
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home