Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ronnie looking good
Date: March 3, 2011 11:45

[rocksoff.org]

One thing I have been wanting to comment on is that Ronnie is looking very good. I mean in a fashion sense. Much used to be made about Jo "dressing" Ron up for the gigs, and I wondered what would happen once she was gone. Would Ronnie have to live in his pajamas?
But he has been looking very sharp IMO. He looks 'right'; it fits the age.

Re: Ronnie looking good
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 3, 2011 12:17

Yeah. No pyjamas yet.

In fact, I think this couple looks much better

than this one:

- Doxa

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 3, 2011 12:38

Honestly I think Ronnie's sense of visual image and look, the clothing, etc. is not much to do with his muses; I think it is intrinsic for him - as a certain kind of artist he knows the 'rock and roll' aesthetics better anyone in the band (or anywhere). (Maybe Brian Jones also had that kind of a sense of style; with Keith is much to do with the ladies I think - especially Anita.). Is there "stylistically" really bad photos of Ronnie at all? Out of stage (where he is king) Jagger is hopeless, and I think he never had any pretensions in that really... Another way to put it is to say that both Mick and Keith were pioneers in that certain "rock look", but they didn't have real idols in aesthetic sense but just following their insticts (and muses with a good sense of syle - and in the case of Mick, following each flavor of the month trend from the mods to hippies and glamour rock and whatever for twenty years or something before sticking to the recent 'peterpan' look during the nineties). Their "coolness" performancewise was a result of happy co-incidencies, and they were followed by fans and other musicians through the world. Many of their stylistic features are then developed further by the next generation musicians.. to an extent Ronnie belongs to the next generation even though he's been around almost as long as Mick and Keith.

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-03 12:46 by Doxa.

Posted by: marko ()
Date: March 3, 2011 12:39

I´ve wondered why mick likes horse faced ladies? Abd Micks woman looks cold hearted,Ronnies doesn´t.

To my eyes,L´wren is ugly.

Date: March 3, 2011 12:40

marko
I´ve wondered why mick likes horse faced ladies? Abd Micks woman looks cold hearted,Ronnies doesn´t.

She looks a bit like the drawing of the woman in the liner notes on She's The Boss winking smiley

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: March 3, 2011 12:52

Doxa
Honestly I think Ronnie's sense of visual image and look, the clothing, etc. is not much to do with his muses; I think it is intrinsic for him - as a certain kind of artist he knows the 'rock and roll' aesthetics better anyone in the band (or anywhere). (Maybe Brian Jones also had that kind of a sense of style; with Keith is much to do with the ladies I think - especially Anita.). Is there "stylistically" really bad photos of Ronnie at all? Out of stage (where he is king) Jagger is hopeless, and I think he never had any pretensions in that really... Another way to put it is to say that both Mick and Keith were pioneers in that certain "rock look", but they didn't have real idols in aesthetic sense but just following their insticts (and muses with a good sense of syle - and in the case of Mick, following each flavor of the month trend from the mods to hippies and glamour rock and whatever for twenty years or something before sticking to the recent 'peterpan' look during the nineties). Their "coolness" performancewise was a result of happy co-incidencies, and they were followed by fans and other musicians through the world. Many of their stylistic features are then developed further by the next generation musicians.. to an extent Ronnie belongs to the next generation even though he's been around almost as long as Mick and Keith.

- Doxa

I certainly agree regarding Brian, undoubtedly the most stylish of them all even back then when they all looked good.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: March 3, 2011 17:37

marko

now that ain't very nice....

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: March 3, 2011 17:44

Maybe because Mick's tiny todger ain't so tiny?

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: March 3, 2011 17:48

skipstone
Maybe because Mick's tiny todger ain't so tiny?

thumbs up

C

Posted by: marko ()
Date: March 3, 2011 19:20

Maybe there is a certain look a-like,between micks shoes and horse faced women:smiling smiley)
maybe thats micks fetish.One likes used panties,others running shoes and horse faced women>grinning smiley<

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: March 3, 2011 23:24

NICE CLOGS MICK

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: March 4, 2011 01:15

marko

I'd do her. I like em tall. Real tall. Who cares what you think.

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: March 4, 2011 01:21

marko

Wild Horse Faces couldn't drag him away...
eye rolling smiley

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: March 4, 2011 06:10

DandelionPowderman
marko

She looks a bit like the drawing of the woman in the liner notes on She's The Boss winking smiley

I always thought L'Wren looks like Peter Sellers' companion brunette in the 1962 version of Lolita. She appears here in this scene and then again during a dance scene (where Shelly Winters intervenes.) She doesn't speak a word in the movie, but just looks all horsey and mysterious.

Date: March 5, 2011 17:28

marko

Horse faced..haha..I am still laughing. That is funny; from Jerry Hall to L'Wren.
It's true that Ron Wood captures the older rockstar look better than anyone in the band.
Mick and Keith really were pioneers in the stage look for rockers. They almost gave birth to the two archetypes of twin frontmen. (Tyler/Perry, Axl/Izzy, Johansen/Thunders, Farrell/Navarro), and this applies to the clothing too.
We take Jagger's looks for granted but the US Tour '69 look - where did that come from? Putting that shirt, the Spanish pants, the long red scarf and then the Uncle Sam hat together...that was brilliant and never been seen before.
Then the tight jumpsuits in 72 - it was perfect. And you put that next to his henchman in long ripped jeans, ruffled blouses, belts and eyeliner.
It also was important that the rest of the band was in keeping with a look, but very, very much in a supporting role. When Ronnie and Billy Preston joined in 75/76 it upped the ante so much that Jagger had to go almost too far to top them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1246
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home