Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 18
Re: Keith Richards Reveals All About Mick Jagger And The Rolling Stones
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 18, 2010 21:36

Rolling Hansie
skinrichards
you guys are all a bunch of whining pussy cats

smiling smiley

Thank you for the relief this time. smiling smiley

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: October 18, 2010 21:51

CNN story on "Life"

[news.blogs.cnn.com]

Click the link: photo essay for cool pics and bits from the book.

Cheers!

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: October 18, 2010 22:20

I found the excerpts I read today in Rolling Stone magazine to be entertaining. Some of it is rehash, but there are new nuggets in there. Keith can weave a decent yarn, tell a good story. It's his take on things. I look back on when the Greenfield interview in RS with Keith became available on the news stands. Was it 1971? At the time I thought it was the best interview ever in RS which in those days was THE place to read up on your favorite bands/musicians. The Greenfield interview set the bar very high, because it was Keith who was being interviewed. He proved to be articulate, intelligent, and witty to boot. I don't know when this book hits the stores, but Amazon lists delivery at Nov. 1. I am really looking forward to reading it. Of course, as we are all prone to be, Keith can be full of S%$$* at times. We don't get interviewed alot. He does. Let's read the book and then pass judgment. Otherwise, don't make opinions based on what the press is leaking.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 18, 2010 22:49

Amsterdamned
Thank you for the relief this time. smiling smiley

You're welcome smileys with beer

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: October 19, 2010 00:08

'A. P.: It's not true. I know, everybody thought I had an affair with Mick during the shooting, but I'm gonna tell you something, no matter how his fans can react: Mick is not the kind of man I prefer. I don't like how he looks at you. We spent a week together in bed, but it was strictly professional!'

Notice how Anita says "his fans" in reference to Mick and her absolute-no-way-nu-uh-hell-no-he's-not-my-type-I-hate-him denial of an affair, or a few @#$%& on the set of Performance?
That's the way Anita sees the Stones: Mick vs Keith and she's been the chief instigator in this saga. I admire her intelligence and charisma in such a male-dominated world, but beneath the decadent, junkie and somewhat glorified iconography, Anita is a very divisive character. Pitting Brian against the rest of the band in the early days, then Brian and Keith against "square and too straight" Mick, and then when she couldn't control Mick, she turned him into Keith's enemy, playing on Keith's, who was ever gullible, insecurities. Can't you just hear Anita's broken-English and later on, smack-induced rants to Keith about how he's better than Mick and how Mick is just a wank who wants all the attention. Yeah, that's alot of supposition on my part, but this woman thrives on creating friction. Keith and Anita made Bianca, the anti-christ, and her "society friends" into a scapgoat for Mick's distance in the 70s. Bullshit. Smack wedged the distance between Mick and Keith after Exile. Mick was writing, in the recording studio, planning tours...Keith and Anita were hiding under their blankets. Anita, bless her heart, started this divisive shit and the cult of Keith and Anita has perpetuated their fractured and clouded version of reality, which painted Mick as the bad guy. More Bullshit. I love Keith and this is what pisses me off about his stupid comments. I know he loves Mick, but he just can't stand Jagger having a life without him and, IMO, Anita influenced some of his resentments. Please don't bring up the "he screwed the mother of his children" angle either. More Bullshit. Anita was still making plays for Mick after their Performance "fling". Sad, because Mick, unwilling or unable, will never talk trash about Keith, which leaves a very skewed version of the truth in the public eye. Poor Mick, in the last month, he has become famous as a "Dangerous Sexual Predator with a 'Tiny Todger'"
But you know what? He's probably rolling his eyes at both accusations.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-19 21:56 by stupidguy2.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: October 19, 2010 00:58

stupidguy2
I know he loves Mick

I don't think so. His desire to humiliate Mick is more important to Keith than integrity and future of The Rolling Stones.

Posted by: nkt44 ()
Date: October 19, 2010 01:09

Well if Mick has a 'hide like a rhino' (Keith's words), he certainly needs it now.

Date: October 19, 2010 01:20

proudmary
His desire to humiliate Mick is more important to Keith than future of The Rolling Stones.

WOW, what a statement !!! How do you know this for a fact ? You must have some real inside information. Are you a part of the "inner circle" ? I must admit that I am a bit jealous that you know Keith so well.

-------------------

Date: October 19, 2010 01:26

Rolling Hansie
proudmary

WOW, what a statement !!! How do you know this for a fact ? You must have some real inside information. Are you a part of the "inner circle" ? I must admit that I am a bit jealous that you know Keith so well.

We're all part of the "inner circle" as Keith is as discreet as Jerry Hall. Mick's personal life has been condemned, mocked and dismissed by Keith for years....starting about 79. After the Exile re-release and younger fans getting a sense at the genius of The Glimmer Twins, Keith trashes it and tries to make the butt of his jokes. Its embarassing to me as a fan that Jerry Hall has to "defend" Mick's short and curlies on TV. Yikes!

Date: October 19, 2010 01:48

Rolling Hansie
proudmary
His desire to humiliate Mick is more important to Keith than future of The Rolling Stones.

I feel weird and unpleasent for Mick. Can't imagine how Mick gets over such ridicule of himself. Mick's sexual charisma is a part of Rollings Stones' essence as well as guitars riffs, lyrics, drug abuse or whatever. Trying to prove that his dick is bigger Keith is destroing the myth of the band,let alone their supposed friendship. Anyone listening to Satisfaction will say: "Ah, that's the guy with the tiny todger. Now I know why he can't get no satisfaction..." that's what they're already writing over the pages of the newspapers and varoius sites. It doesn't promise much for the RS in the future. Besides I can hardly believe there will be any further tour after this. you don't have to be a part of the inner circle to understand it.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: October 19, 2010 01:51

In a nutshell, Mick knows when NOT to speak and Keith has diarrhea of the mouth.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: October 19, 2010 01:58

proudmary
stupidguy2
I know he loves Mick

I don't think so. His desire to humiliate Mick is more important to Keith than integrity and future of The Rolling Stones.

proudmary you write some nutty off the wall stuff, good humor there.

Date: October 19, 2010 02:08

stupidguy2
We're all part of the "inner circle" as Keith is as discreet as Jerry Hall. Mick's personal life has been condemned, mocked and dismissed by Keith for years....starting about 79. After the Exile re-release and younger fans getting a sense at the genius of The Glimmer Twins, Keith trashes it and tries to make the butt of his jokes... Yikes!

Exactly

mick has small (mick hat mickrigen)
Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: October 18, 2010 18:00

today in the biggest swiss newspaper on the frontside:

[www.blick.ch]

seems to be the hidden marketing trick for the book....

Date: October 19, 2010 02:17

MKjan

proudmary you write some nutty off the wall stuff, good humor there.

A grown man talking about dick size is kinda, sorta nutty MKfan.
I'm betting that Keith is as complimentary about Mick as he is silly...but having said that...

Imagine, that virtually everyone in Mick's personal life has written a book....
Starting with Chrissy, all the hangers-on, Marsha (twice) Marianne, Jerry Hall (twice) and then add in all the 'lovers' ie, Janice Dickinson, Bebe Buell and too many more I can't remember, and now Keith. Its not even about whether they trash or praise him. Its about just putting it out there, like its an academic excercise. Everyone. I mean, its fun and funny for us to read about and he's a famous man, so you might say, par for the course. But can you imagine most of your personal relationships on display like that? As a matter of public record. I wonder what that feels like for him. He has nothing in his life that is so sacred that it remains private. Its kind of sad that they've all felt the need to dish on a personal relationship with the man. My best friend is my soul mate. WHether you are famous or not, you're human. I can't imagine what it would feel like for that person to sell our personal dramas, issues or even and especially the good things, for everyone else. That would suck.

Date: October 19, 2010 02:51

Actually, the more I read this thread, the more I am looking forward to the book. I can hardly wait.

-------------------

Date: October 19, 2010 03:02

yeah, through the years I have heard Keith be very complimentary about Mick, and it seems thru the years that they always survive this winding up that they do to each other. Keith has been more vocal for sure, and I don't know how it feels for Mick as he may be very secure with himself, and he chooses not to respond, maybe feels Keith just hurts himself with this stuff, Mick can dwell on his 4000 conquests, I'm sure there is some sweet comfort in there. Having said all that, I would have preferred a much better relationship between them, but it ain't so. We will only ever be outsiders to what they've gone through for the 60+ years they've known each other. I also think when the book comes out, a new cd and tour next year, this issue will have faded away.

Date: October 19, 2010 03:07

I'm hoping its a more generous Keith than the excerpts about Jagger indicate. I mean, hopefully Keith has matured somewhat. But still, memoirs, autobiographies etc...I expect it from Joan Collins and Jerry Hall for that matter. But Keith? It is what it is, but I would have preferred him to keep his partnership with Mick, between the two of them and just let us listen to the music.

Date: October 19, 2010 03:13

agreed,if they had that partnership we could have the benefit of much more collaboration and mic sharing....

but the excerpts have promise. Some from past interviews, but also some nice things about the music that I haven't read about before.

Date: October 19, 2010 06:25

Interesting take from Charlie, an indication that the Stones are just as curious about what Keith says as we are.

Billboard: Have you read what Keith Richards has written about you, or the band, in his book?

Watts: No. I hope he's said nice things about everyone, but it's his take on it. It's not meant for me, it's meant for other people to read it. I know Keith, I love him, and he's whatever he is to me. But I hope it's all right for him -- it sells and all that. He's been writing this thing since the middle of the last tour.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: October 19, 2010 06:40

turd
It is widely accepted a man's penis size and virility is linked to his choice of car, ie; the bigger the car the smaller the penis.
So, using this theory lets look at the Rolling Stones.

Mick Jagger - Aston Martin, average size sports car, but high performance.

Keith Richard - Bentley Continental, large sized car with lumbering performance.

Bill Wyman - Citroen Maserati, average to large sized car, lots of performance and swiveling headlights, (say's everything about Bill).

Charlie Watts only has sheep dogs.

Brian Jones at one time owned a double decker bus - make your own mind up on that one.

That's funny. I have NO car. sad smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: October 19, 2010 08:31

proudmary
swiss ()
Funny about Mick, he always seems to win. Now here we all are gathered around talking about his penis.

Not only we are here, now Mick's penis is a trendy theme in the world press and Internet. First wave was Keith's statement about Mick' tiny manhood, now Jerry's about Mick' big manhood. And there are publications on this topic not only in tabloids like Sun or Daily Mirrow, but in Telegraph, Times or ABC News.
It's quite crazy, isn't it?

ha ha it is indeed!

(the above wasn't my quote tho btw - I just said "so true" or something smiling smiley)

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: October 19, 2010 09:17

stupidguy2
'A. P.: It's not true. I know, everybody thought I had an affair with Mick during the shooting, but I'm gonna tell you something, no matter how his fans can react: Mick is not the kind of man I prefer. I don't like how he looks at you. We spent a week together in bed, but it was strictly professional!'

Notice how Anita says "his fans" in reference to Mick and her absolute-no-way-nu-uh-hell-no-he's-not-my-type-I-hate-him denial of an affair, or a few @#$%& on the set of Performance?
That's the way Anita sees the Stones: Mick vs Keith and she's been the chief instigator in this saga. I admire her intellence and charisma in such a male-dominated world, but beneath the decadent, junkie and somewhat glorified iconography, Anita is a very disvisive character. Pitting Brian against the rest of the band in the early days, then Brian and Keith against "square and too straight" Mick, and then when she couldn't control Mick, she turned him into Keith's enemy, playing on Keith, ever gullible, to Keith's insecurities. Can't you just hear Anita's broken-English and later on, smack-induced rants to Keith about he's better than Mick and Mick is just a wank who wants all the attention. Yeah, that's alot of supposition on my part, but this woman thrives on creating friction. Keith and Anita made Bianca, the anti-christ, and her "society friends" into a scapgoat for Mick's distance in the 70s. Bullshit. Smack wedged the distance between Mick and Keith after Exile. Mick was writing, in the recording studio, planning tours...Keith and Anita were hiding under their blankets. Anita, bless her heart, started this divisive shit and the cult of Keith and Anita has perpetuated their fractured and clouded version of reality, which painted Mick as the bad guy. More Bullshit. I love Keith and this is what pisses me off about his stupid comments. I know he loves Mick, but he just can't stand Jagger having a life without him and, IMO, Anita influenced some of his resentments. Please don't bring up the "he screwed the mother of his children" angle either. More Bullshit. Anita was still making plays for Mick after their Performance "fling". Sad, because Mick, unwilling or unable, will never talk trash about Keith, which leaves a very skewed version of the truth in the public eye. Poor Mick, in the last month, he has become famous as a "Dangerous Sexual Predator with a 'Tiny Dodger'"
But you know what? He's probably rolling his eyes at both accusations.

I agree 100 per cent about Anita. In Sanchez's book, she allègedly says that she could break up the band any time she wanted. She may not have broken up the band, but she did poison it. Worse than Yoko Ono.

Posted by: turd ()
Date: October 19, 2010 11:06

swiss
proudmary
swiss ()
Funny about Mick, he always seems to win. Now here we all are gathered around talking about his penis.

Not only we are here, now Mick's penis is a trendy theme in the world press and Internet. First wave was Keith's statement about Mick' tiny manhood, now Jerry's about Mick' big manhood. And there are publications on this topic not only in tabloids like Sun or Daily Mirrow, but in Telegraph, Times or ABC News.
It's quite crazy, isn't it?

ha ha it is indeed!

(the above wasn't my quote tho btw - I just said "so true" or something smiling smiley)

Mick's penis has taken the thunder out of Keiths book and one has to wonder if any of it, (the book), can be taken seriously.

He should have waited for volume two and titled it, "Penis's I have known", or"Celebrity penis's through the years" and had a chaptor each on Lennon, Mick, Hendrix etc.

Date: October 19, 2010 11:11

JumpingKentFlash
That's funny. I have NO car

LOL. Now this announcement can change this thread completely smiling smiley

-------------------

Date: October 19, 2010 11:37

My car.
Notice the big wheels spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

-------------------

Date: October 19, 2010 12:07

Rolling Hansie
My car.
Notice the big wheels spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

ok, let us see - small car, big wheels. so, i guess, you're like Mickwinking smiley

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: October 19, 2010 13:43

i knew the backlash would start soon enough.this is what i've seen coming for years,keith has turned into a complete idiot and an embarrassment.

as a huge fan of his i watched it all unfold.he started getting his own fame around the time of the toronto bust and soon after began reading his own press clippings.this was in the late 70s.

despite what he sold the public later on,he was planning his own solo album as far back as 1979.the year he toured the states without the stones.

then he started fighting with jagger.songwriting partnership-done.at least the tours were good but one wonders what the last 30 years wouldve been like had he been the keith i remember,mr cool in the background, doin work.i think i'm more or less just sad about the whole thing.he has made himself and the whole band look like bozos.

Date: October 19, 2010 14:00

proudmary
small car, big wheels. so, i guess, you're like Mick

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out Now you got it

-------------------

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: October 19, 2010 15:14

turd
Mick's penis has taken the thunder out of Keiths book and one has to wonder if any of it, (the book), can be taken seriously.

He should have waited for volume two and titled it, "Penis's I have known", or"Celebrity penis's through the years" and had a chaptor each on Lennon, Mick, Hendrix etc.

exactly! i am highly interested in lennons one. maybe keith could paint a sketch from his memory and they could produce rubber lennon penises.
or maybe he still has an imprint in his ass they could use.

that´d be cool. eye rolling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1122
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home