Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 18
Re: Keith is a jerk. Now it's official
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 17, 2010 00:56

turd
Just to get back to the Mick's 'dick' quote - It's somewhat ominous that no female who has been bedded by Mick in the past however many years, (and I assume that must be more than 4), has come to his defense, to uphold his honour......
Have their been any to confirm Keith's quote?

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: October 17, 2010 01:02

Hopefully Keith and Brenda's tiff result in some new music.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 17, 2010 01:08

Massimo68
...documentary director Julien Temple told Radio 4 that Mick Jagger used bees to artificially enlarge his penis, reports The Daily Mail

LOL. Somebody really put this in writing ??
And of course Julien Temple said this, and Radio 4 broadcasted it, and The Daily Mail is one of the best newspapers in England.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: SoulPlunderer ()
Date: October 17, 2010 01:16

Lady Jayne
Addicted
Please don't pay too much attention to the British tabloid crap that's been quoted here. Keith's "quotes" from the book are out of context and it gives you the wrong picture about what this book is about. I don't think many people on this board have read the entire book, and therefore there are not many of us who can actually have a real opinion about it.

I have read the entire book, and it's a really great read! A source to a greater insight into the band in general and into Keith's life in particular. That's not only my opinion. We actually let the leading man in the litterature business in Norway - read it and he says it's one of the best biographies he's ever read. And certainly the best autobiography. And this from a man who's read "the entire library". And in addition he's a capacity when it comes to knowledge about the Stones - as a devoted fan for many decades.

I'm sorry but I don't understand how the 'context' can improve the fact that these are quotes and in poor taste whatever the rest of the book says. You talk about tabloid crap as if Keith has no responsibility for the syndication of his serial rights in, for eg, the Times. True it's excerpts and not the whole book (thank God if the rest of the content is as puerile and hackneyed as today's dose) but it's put out there with Keith's permission for money. I have been a huge fan of his but I am bound to say this is totally uncool, lacking in class and reflects badly only on him. And they say it's Jagger who thinks only of money!

You don't understand how context makes any difference? Say a paper reviews a film and says "it's amazing to think that a film could be this bad!" and then the makers of the film take the words "it's amazing...." for their poster. Context means everything! Without context alot of what we say would just be random combinations of words and phrases. Have you actually read the Times extracts or are you just going on some tabloids copy and paste job?

See, the tabloids such as the Daily Mail (who seem to have a thing for the Stones) print the sensationalized version of events and usually go wight the negative. People love to have someone to complain about so the Mail puts all the negative quotes in the paper and on their site so the morons can go on and bash Mick for having a small cock, bash Keith for being a bad friend or bash the Stones for being above the age of 60 and for being, and I'm quoting from a comment on the Mails site, "to music what creationism is to science" The person who posted that clearly hasn't evolved from the ape stage but that's not the point.

People love to have someone to complain about and who better than someone as famous as a Rolling Stone? The tabloids provide this, explaining why Ronnie was always in the papers. Don't let 'em hook you in!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 17, 2010 01:22

Yes, to me, there's world of difference between reading the actual words, the lengthy excerpt appearing in the Times, with more to come than in reading all of the quotes bracketed by commentary of the reporter or just the breif excerpts selected for inclusion under various headings.

Context does matter. I think Keith's control of where the book goes once advanced copies is fairly minimal, except for the direct serialization, where there's a choice, I think.

Posted by: turd ()
Date: October 17, 2010 01:25

Trouble is, this penis story has gone global - its not about 'boys will be boys' etc. He has made Mickinto a laughing stock, his reputation and ego has been severely bashed, as well as Keiths own integrity.

I hope this doesn't lead to another big bust up between the two. I would feel rather remorsefull and foolish if i were KR - his flipancy has caused a lot of unnecessary trouble.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 17, 2010 01:46

Lady Jayne
Addicted
Please don't pay too much attention to the British tabloid crap that's been quoted here. Keith's "quotes" from the book are out of context and it gives you the wrong picture about what this book is about. I don't think many people on this board have read the entire book, and therefore there are not many of us who can actually have a real opinion about it.

I have read the entire book, and it's a really great read! A source to a greater insight into the band in general and into Keith's life in particular. That's not only my opinion. We actually let the leading man in the litterature business in Norway - read it and he says it's one of the best biographies he's ever read. And certainly the best autobiography. And this from a man who's read "the entire library". And in addition he's a capacity when it comes to knowledge about the Stones - as a devoted fan for many decades.

I'm sorry but I don't understand how the 'context' can improve the fact that these are quotes and in poor taste whatever the rest of the book says. You talk about tabloid crap as if Keith has no responsibility for the syndication of his serial rights in, for eg, the Times. True it's excerpts and not the whole book (thank God if the rest of the content is as puerile and hackneyed as today's dose) but it's put out there with Keith's permission for money. I have been a huge fan of his but I am bound to say this is totally uncool, lacking in class and reflects badly only on him. And they say it's Jagger who thinks only of money!

...that pretty much sums it up for me Lady Jayne

Date: October 17, 2010 01:59

SoulPlunderer
Say a paper reviews a film and says "it's amazing to think that a film could be this bad!" and then the makers of the film take the words "it's amazing...." for their poster.

Very good explanation about how important context can be. And quite humourous too. Thanks

-------------------

Posted by: JJFlash2010 ()
Date: October 17, 2010 02:08

I think it's true that Mick has been in love with Keith.

Date: October 17, 2010 02:11

Lady Jayne
I don't understand

This could mean many things.
Most important thing is that I quoted you, without any context.

-------------------

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: October 17, 2010 02:20

I heard a story once that a person came up to mick in a restaurant in the 70s and asked mick if he was a man or a woman, mick promptly whipped out his thing and asked the person if he answered his question

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: October 17, 2010 02:30

I believe Keith has always envied Mick's sex appeal, because he has none, so he resorts to circulating lies about Mick's privates...now, I say LIES because it wasn't long ago that someone posted right here on IORR the picture of Mick naked and it is quite clear that Mick is not lacking in the equipment department at all. Even if he were only " average", who gives a F***??? Do you think that most women would toss Mick out of the sack?? NO! At 67, he is still one of the sexiest men on the planet and that really pisses Keith off, and it always has.
I read exerpts from Keith's book in Rolling Stone last night and Keith claims that Mick never liked any of his friends and claims that it's because Mick is possessive!! What a twisted take on reality that is! Mick never approved of Keith's friends because most of them were creeps and stoned losers! In the 70's, Keith's friends were pushers and suppliers and hanger-ons that jeopardized the safety of the band so Mick, being usually sane and practical, was not pleased at the potential threat to their security. Keith will never own up to the fact that Mick saved his sorry ass dozens of times! Mick should write his bio, just to show what life was REALLY like on the road with Keith. I know Keith is owning up to some of it but in a way, he is glamorizing a trashy lifestyle, calling himself a PIRATE! Pirate my ass! More like delinquent!

Date: October 17, 2010 02:38

mickschix
I believe Keith has always envied Mick's sex appeal, because he has none, so he resorts to circulating lies about Mick's privates...

Look, it's no mystery to the rest of the world that Mick has a small crank and big balls. I thought there might be some true revelations in this book.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 17, 2010 02:50

Rolling Hansie
Max'sKansasCity
Keith is now officially a jerk?...
That is maybe one of the funniestfkingthings I have ever read on iorr..... lmbo.....

Hey Max. Good to see you again. Welcome back

Hi Hansie.
thanks man... I miss typing with you and the other good guys here ( few of them), but he closed our football thread ( for some reason ) ( I suppose to make room for threads about penis size ) I thought football was a good topic for all season ..and times...... but oh well.... so since then I usually only read here, versus posting beacuse.... well...... this thread is kind of the epitome example of what goes on around here these days.... which not really much about anything .... I just laugh at all this "he said, he might have said, she said... maybe... then 5 pages of replys ANALyzing the issue into the ground while NOT adding worthwhile to a worthless topic...... kind of amusing, but gets boring quickly....

oh well, it is a good thing us "BIG BOYS" never have to worry about this issue.... ; ) ... keep on rolling my friend.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-17 02:55 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: October 17, 2010 02:51

mickschix
I believe Keith has always envied Mick's sex appeal, because he has none

Debra - I COMPLETELY disagree with you. IMO Keith was immensely sexy when he was younger.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: October 17, 2010 02:53

CindyC
scottkeef
Maybe cause Mick is so skinny makes it look bigger. I lost 40 lbs yrs ago and it sure made my willy seem to grow(or maybe wishful thinking!!!)

Maybe he's a grow-er, not a show-er.

well...some theorize that the bigger the scrotum...the more "growing" can be done.
more skin to stretch. and its been determined that mick has a big sack.....

the balls are in your court Cindy! (pun intended)

IORR............but I like it!

Date: October 17, 2010 03:01

I'm worried about you.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: October 17, 2010 03:04

JJFlash2010
I'm worried about you.

thanks. i appreciate your concern. smileys with beer

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: October 17, 2010 03:07

the level of fandom on this site is just mind-blowing. so keith talked smack about mick? who the @#$%& cares! why do you feel so personally invested in the situation to say that keith is a jerk or an @#$%& or whatever? get over yourselves people! did keith make you cry because he's a meanie to mick? geez...

Date: October 17, 2010 03:08

How come you're so wrong, my sweet neo-con?

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: October 17, 2010 03:29

Get a life mate. I can't believe this meant enough to you to start a thread

Weird

Date: October 17, 2010 03:32

We live in a political world.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: October 17, 2010 03:34

bernardanderson
the level of fandom on this site is just mind-blowing.

It's a sloooowwwwwww month in It's Only Rock'N'Roll Land!

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: October 17, 2010 03:53

turd
Just to get back to the Mick's 'dick' quote - It's somewhat ominous that no female who has been bedded by Mick in the past however many years, (and I assume that must be more than 4), has come to his defense, to uphold his honour......

Many women over the years have made oblique comments about Mick not living up to their expectations in bed. I always thought: who could live up to "being Mick Jagger" in bed? - but it may also be polite reference to his not being among the guys who're fortunate to be very well-constructed (in the way that Keith is, for example, beer gut or not).

We'll have to read the book, but I'm guessing that it always bothered Keith that Mick was such a sex symbol. Why? That's the weird question. Why the @#$%& would Keith be jealous of Mick? The human tragedy of this story may be that even one of the very coolest human beings on the planet--Keith--may be besieged by petty insecurity about himself. Keith has become far more popular than Mick over the years...but at least what we're hearing here isn't becoming to him at all, and really does make Mick look like the gracious one.

Can't believe I just posted to the dick thread eye rolling smiley

Date: October 17, 2010 04:02

swiss

Can't believe I just posted to the dick thread eye rolling smiley

I can.

Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: October 17, 2010 04:05

I'd say, like Keith has stated before, that he has to talk bad about Mick to keep his ego down, and be able to work with him. Some comments are below the belt, so to speak, however.

[www.non-filters.com]

Posted by: gypsy18 ()
Date: October 17, 2010 04:49

proudmary
The ROLLING STONES pair fell out in 2005 when the guitarist first said Sir Mick had a "small c**k".
Keith, 66, was forced to publicly apologise. Now he says Sir Mick's ex MARIANNE FAITHFULL "had no fun with Mick's tiny todger".
But he seems ready for a U-turn. "I was told that by others," he says in an interview with Caitlin Moran in The Times today.
His autobiography Life will be serialised in the paper from tomorrow.
Keith also claims that Sir Mick, 67, became "unbearable" in the '80s.

Read more: [www.thesun.co.uk]

Can't imagine what a jerk one can be to discuss the genitals of another person(let alone friend) in public to promote his f---g book! Too bad he hasn't more exciting topics than Mick's penis to sell himself

Calm down.

And if anyone has seen the nude pics of Mick on the set of "Performance" they do show a small penis and two very large testicles. It's weird-looking. Just sayin'.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: October 17, 2010 04:53

proudmary
The ROLLING STONES pair fell out in 2005 when the guitarist first said Sir Mick had a "small cock".

Jeez we've been saying that about Gazza for years!tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: KeefintheNight82 ()
Date: October 17, 2010 04:56

swiss
The human tragedy of this story may be that even one of the very coolest human beings on the planet--Keith--may be besieged by petty insecurity about himself.

I've always thought this was obvious. Not only in the way he has abused himself and lashes out at others but watch when he is interviewed or in just about any recording footage.

Whenever he cracks a joke or playss a lick, he always looks around and sees if everyone else is laughing as if he needs approval or applause from the room.
He is very very insecure even in his old age.

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: October 17, 2010 05:30

donnie wahlberg once made fun of jordan knight's haircut. like, omg!! he's officially a jerk!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1962
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home