Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 18
Re: Keith is a jerk. Now it's official
Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: October 17, 2010 06:12

This isnt about one juvenile comment from Keith highlighted by the tabloids.....thet highlight it because its so stupid it overshadows everything else.....this is about decades of keiths juvenile attitude toward mick. some of us are stones fans ...not desciples of keith.......he makes a stupid comment....he deserves shit for it. Some of you would be out of your @#$%& minds if it were mick mocking keiths weenie.....this is nothing new from keith....his adolescent attitude toward mick has pissed me off since the barbara charone book ion 1979......so spare me the "i cant believe stones fnas are falling for the tabloid angle" sanctimony.....this is about keiths tired angle.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: October 17, 2010 06:31

What Keith says about Mick pales in comparison to Mick's betrayal of his friend,fellow artist,business partner. A lot of people would have done a lot worse than what Keith says. Let's not forget why Keith lets him have it from time to time.

Posted by: Edward Twining ()
Date: October 17, 2010 06:58

Keith is playing on Mick's vanity, that's all. I am surprised others can't see it. I suggest we all read the book before pronouncing Keith as a jerk.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: October 17, 2010 07:15

MKjan
What Keith says about Mick pales in comparison to Mick's betrayal of his friend,fellow artist,business partner. A lot of people would have done a lot worse than what Keith says. Let's not forget why Keith lets him have it from time to time.
..........I had no idea how deep the Keef-fan-boy hysteria ran.....What Mick did to Keith? Are you kidding? The man held his junkie ass's career up throughout the 70s....Oh....you mean @#$%& Anita.....? !AND SHE WAS HELPLESS WAIF......GIVE ME @#$%& BREAK. Yuou know...the worst partof this is.....after reading excerpts....it really is so joan collins-esque......Dick talk or no dick talk.....it aint cool Keith....its cheesy.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: October 17, 2010 07:49

I am a fan of The Rolling Stones, and Keith has said he "tips his hat" to Mick for a lot of Micks effort during the 70's, and likewise he speaks his mind when he feels wronged. I think thats ok, he knows what he went through, and Keith doesn't eat cheese.

Posted by: Mooseman ()
Date: October 17, 2010 07:54

Man when I joined this site I thought hey a cool site to learn abit more about the rolling stones but now that I look at I have a hard time choosing whether this is a rolling stones fan site. As much as you guys love the stones there seems to be alot of hate and dislike on here, One minute you all go on about the great rock and roll life they lived then the next minute you all trash them about how they lived their life and choices they made.
They are only human they arent perfect saints.

Look upto them for their accomplishments not their life's failures whether they did it to themselves or not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-17 09:02 by Mooseman.

Posted by: Mooseman ()
Date: October 17, 2010 08:26

Its only rock and roll. Love the music don't have to love the musician I mean how is one suppost to really know a person unless you know them personally. Who knows what has happened between keith richards and mick jagger that nobody knows about you know behind the senses.

Posted by: elunsi ()
Date: October 17, 2010 08:47

swiss
turd
Just to get back to the Mick's 'dick' quote - It's somewhat ominous that no female who has been bedded by Mick in the past however many years, (and I assume that must be more than 4), has come to his defense, to uphold his honour......

Many women over the years have made oblique comments about Mick not living up to their expectations in bed. I always thought: who could live up to "being Mick Jagger" in bed? - but it may also be polite reference to his not being among the guys who're fortunate to be very well-constructed (in the way that Keith is, for example, beer gut or not).

quote]

Many women? I don´t remember one. But one thing is for sure: Mick has never had any sort of problem with what he has or with showing it. And if we think of all the people who saw Mick naked it is only Janice Dickinson and our Keith Richards who seem to be obsessed with Mick´s penis. I also disagree with Keith becoming far more popular than Mick.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 17, 2010 09:28

Maybe all the women Mick slept with have really big pussies and therefore thought Mick had a small cock because they didn't get 'fulfilled'.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 17, 2010 10:06

Hairball
Maybe all the women Mick slept with have really big pussies and therefore thought Mick had a small cock because they didn't get 'fulfilled'.

I think we have officially reached a new low here.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 17, 2010 10:07

No there's a bit left ............

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: October 17, 2010 11:43

Cocaine Eyes
Uhhmm, why are we talking & reading trash about KEITH RICHARDS? If someone doesn't like him (for whatever reason) then maybe "those people" shouldn't read the 'interviews' nor his book. I'm only sayin'....

Yes, that would save us from reading all the cr*p. When some of those infantiles open their mouths, only really ugly stuff - like toads and vipers - come out. It's like being in a "Harry Potter" world. And even in the same age group. Tweenies.
Neither do they know Keith, nor have they read the book. Still, they've been "reviewing" bot him and his book for "ages".
Everyone who's even met Keith - or know him - would agree to one thing: He's as far away from being a jerk as you can get.

Posted by: turd ()
Date: October 17, 2010 12:03

The Sicilian
proudmary
The ROLLING STONES pair fell out in 2005 when the guitarist first said Sir Mick had a "small cock".

Jeez we've been saying that about Gazza for years!tongue sticking out smiley

What/who was that guy doing at Altamont with no pants on ?
For one thing it was December....
And clearly he had nothing to brag about .

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: October 17, 2010 12:35

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-17 12:35 by swiss.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: October 17, 2010 12:54

turd
Trouble is, this penis story has gone global - its not about 'boys will be boys' etc. He has made Mick into a laughing stock, his reputation and ego has been severely bashed, as well as Keiths own integrity.

That's the point.

Date: October 17, 2010 13:23

.....Not the right place for a penis-pump demonstrator to be hangin' .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: October 17, 2010 13:38

Rockman

.....Not the right place for a penis-pump demonstrator to be hangin' .....

Hey, it was cold there

Date: October 17, 2010 13:39

Not that I've seen him naked, but I think it looks a bit like Michael Cohl?

Date: October 17, 2010 13:42

....For years I thought it was Leo Sayer ....

ROCKMAN

Date: October 17, 2010 13:53

No Rockeeee! Leo was skinny and fragile, which is not the case with chubby curly in that Altamont photo.

Re: Keith is Keith, and the rest is ...
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 17, 2010 14:18

>> Trouble is, this penis story has gone global <<

ffs - as has been noted several times already, the story went global five years ago.
the fact that miles of you don't remember that - or weren't even aware of it -
shows how freakin serious this all is NOT.

and for those of you who feel the Mick's reputation rests on his penis size, please be assured:
it's the same size now as was before Keith mentioned it, and the Mick's done just fine

turning up Could've Stood You Up way loud ... wanna dance, Rockman? :E

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-17 19:14 by with sssoul.

Date: October 17, 2010 14:33

Lady Jayne
Addicted
Please don't pay too much attention to the British tabloid crap that's been quoted here. Keith's "quotes" from the book are out of context and it gives you the wrong picture about what this book is about. I don't think many people on this board have read the entire book, and therefore there are not many of us who can actually have a real opinion about it.

I have read the entire book, and it's a really great read! A source to a greater insight into the band in general and into Keith's life in particular. That's not only my opinion. We actually let the leading man in the litterature business in Norway - read it and he says it's one of the best biographies he's ever read. And certainly the best autobiography. And this from a man who's read "the entire library". And in addition he's a capacity when it comes to knowledge about the Stones - as a devoted fan for many decades.

I'm sorry but I don't understand how the 'context' can improve the fact that these are quotes and in poor taste whatever the rest of the book says. You talk about tabloid crap as if Keith has no responsibility for the syndication of his serial rights in, for eg, the Times. True it's excerpts and not the whole book (thank God if the rest of the content is as puerile and hackneyed as today's dose) but it's put out there with Keith's permission for money. I have been a huge fan of his but I am bound to say this is totally uncool, lacking in class and reflects badly only on him. And they say it's Jagger who thinks only of money!

Oh, I don't think you quite understand how things work. When Keith sold the rights to his book to Little, Brown - they bought the rights to publish the book, and to chose whatever PR-channels they wanted to. If they want to serianize it in the Times - Keith has no say in that.
It's sort of a parallell to The Stones selling a tour consisting of a certain number of shows to Michael Cohl.
And if you guys don't understand the importance of context - then I can't help you.

Posted by: turd ()
Date: October 17, 2010 14:43

with sssoul
>> Trouble is, this penis story has gone global <<

ffs - as has been noted several times already, the story went global five years ago.
the fact that miles of you don't remember that - or weren't even aware of it -
shows how freakin serious this all is NOT.

and for those of you who feel the Mick's reputation rests on his penis size, please be assured:
it's the same size now as it ever was, and the Mick's done just fine with it

turning up Could've Stood You Up way loud ... wanna dance, Rockman? :E

Nah, disagree, the story is much bigger this time round as Keith has gone into more detail with the mention of Marianne Faithful's alleged sexual dissatisfaction.
The press are only reporting on information gleened from the mouth of KR - maybe said in jest, but the printed word always looks more serious.
It was a foolish remark to make just to sell a few more copies.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 17, 2010 15:08

.............just to sell a few more copies.....

.....Keith snorted his dad.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: October 17, 2010 16:08

Keith is not a jerk. I bet if you could sit down and talk to Mick or KEit, Keith would come off as a lot more genuine than Mick.

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: October 17, 2010 16:15

swiss
Just to get back to the Mick's 'dick' quote - It's somewhat ominous that no female who has been bedded by Mick in the past however many years, (and I assume that must be more than 4), has come to his defense, to uphold his honour......

Do you really expect women to come forth to attest? lol That would be quite hilarious if you think about it. But, it would also be very unladylike. Maybe Mick's women have more class, except of course for J. Dickinson.

This is such a bizarre comment from Keith though. It shows just how jealous and petty he is.

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: October 17, 2010 16:18

71Tele
I think we have officially reached a new low here.

You can thank Keith!

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: October 17, 2010 17:59

Addicted
Lady Jayne
Addicted
Please don't pay too much attention to the British tabloid crap that's been quoted here. Keith's "quotes" from the book are out of context and it gives you the wrong picture about what this book is about. I don't think many people on this board have read the entire book, and therefore there are not many of us who can actually have a real opinion about it.

I have read the entire book, and it's a really great read! A source to a greater insight into the band in general and into Keith's life in particular. That's not only my opinion. We actually let the leading man in the litterature business in Norway - read it and he says it's one of the best biographies he's ever read. And certainly the best autobiography. And this from a man who's read "the entire library". And in addition he's a capacity when it comes to knowledge about the Stones - as a devoted fan for many decades.

I'm sorry but I don't understand how the 'context' can improve the fact that these are quotes and in poor taste whatever the rest of the book says. You talk about tabloid crap as if Keith has no responsibility for the syndication of his serial rights in, for eg, the Times. True it's excerpts and not the whole book (thank God if the rest of the content is as puerile and hackneyed as today's dose) but it's put out there with Keith's permission for money. I have been a huge fan of his but I am bound to say this is totally uncool, lacking in class and reflects badly only on him. And they say it's Jagger who thinks only of money!

Oh, I don't think you quite understand how things work. When Keith sold the rights to his book to Little, Brown - they bought the rights to publish the book, and to chose whatever PR-channels they wanted to. If they want to serianize it in the Times - Keith has no say in that.
It's sort of a parallell to The Stones selling a tour consisting of a certain number of shows to Michael Cohl.
And if you guys don't understand the importance of context - then I can't help you.

Maybe you understand a little less than you think. Keith doesn't sell 'the rights' to one publisher. He (or more precisely his agents) sell different rights in different jurisdictions to maximise profit. His publisher in the UK is Weidenfeld & Nicolson (a sub division) of Orion and not, as you seem to believe, Little, Brown (US). Different contracts; different rights. Same with syndication/serialisation rights, which is entirely different to 'PR' as you term it. Your analogy with 'selling a tour' (although I am less familiar with the standard term contracts in that area) is good to this extent. The Stones for eg retain the right to pick what songs they play in any given show, not Cohl; an author of Richards clout retains the right to veto content in serialisation, even if he sells the primary contract to the literary publisher.

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: October 17, 2010 18:29

with sssoul

it's the same size now as it ever was, and the Mick's done just fine with it

are you talking about own experiences back then and now?

i am very interested to hear more.

keith is just so jealous and knows he has absolutely no chance against mick.
he knows he can´t do him no harm so he chooses the biggest foul you could do to a man and talk his penis down in public. i mean there is no way mick could ever prove different to the public. once it is said it´s out and never forgotten.

and again, i am quite sure keith himself is impotent for many years.

good fortune for patty and i am sure mick on the other side could help him out once more.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-17 18:40 by stoneswashed77.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 17, 2010 18:41

....Mick can always do Playgirl

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1024
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home