Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 18
Keith Richards Reveals All About Mick Jagger And The Rolling Stones
Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: October 15, 2010 14:25

[blogs.coventrytelegraph.net]

Keith Richards Reveals All About Mick Jagger And The Rolling Stones
By Marion McMullen on Oct 15, 10 07:37 AM

rolling stones.jpgKEITH Richards has described fellow Rolling Stone Mick Jagger as "unbearable" in a candid memoir that lays open their fraught relationship.

In his autobiography Life, the musician reveals his nicknames for Jagger are "Brenda" or "Your Majesty", and compares coping with an annoying mynah bird as "like living with Mick."

He writes of the distance between the pair, saying: "I used to love Mick, but I haven't been to his dressing room in 20 years.

"Sometimes I think, 'I miss my friend'. I wonder, 'Where did he go?'"rolling stones two.jpg

Keith uses the book, serialised in The Times from tomorrow, to take personal swipes at his bandmate, writing: "It was the beginning of the 80s when Mick started to become unbearable."

He also dismissed Mick's solo album Goddess In The Doorway by saying: "It's like Mein Kampf - everyone had it, but no-one read it."

In an interview with Caitlin Moran in Times2 today, Keith says Mick has read Life and adds: "I think it opened his eyes, actually."

Keith, aged 67, says the only part Mick wanted to be taken out of the book was a section disclosing that the frontman used a voice coach, but he refused, saying: "I'm trying to say the truth here."

He describes the relationship he had with Marianne Faithfull, who had been Jagger's girlfriend, after fearing he was losing his own partner, Anita Pallenberg, to his bandmate.

Asked whether he was trying to "wind up" Mick, Keith replies: "We've had our beefs but, hey, who doesn't? You try and keep something together for 50 years."

He insists in the interview that he still wants to work with Mick, saying he plans to go on tour with the Rolling Stones.

He says: "Well, you know, we'll be on the road again in the future. Yeah. On the road.

"I think it's going to happen. I've had a chat with... Her Majesty. Brenda."

Keith also gives his opinions on politicians in his autobiography, describing Bill Clinton as a "great" man, but "a lousy sax player."

He also discloses that he corresponded with former prime minister Tony Blair over the Iraq war, saying: "I wrote him a letter, telling him he had to stick to his guns.

"I got a letter back, saying: 'Thanks for the support'."

Despite years of drug taking, Keith hopes he has many years left to live, adding: "Well, I'm not putting death on the agenda.

"I don't want to see my old friend Lucifer just yet. He's the guy I'm gonna see, isn't it? I'm not going to the Other Place, let's face it."

Drugs are another topic, Keith admitting that he would start taking heroin if he was given the chance to live his life over again.

He tells he has now given up cocaine, however, saying: "I've given up everything now - which is a trip in itself.

Re: Keith Richards Reveals All About Mick Jagger And The Rolling Stones
Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: October 15, 2010 14:32

All of this seems to be old stuff for die-hard Keith fans.We knew about him calling MJ "Brenda" and "Your Majesty" years ago. We knew he hated MJ's solo stuff (Dogsh*t In The Doorway). Is all of this rehashing in the new book? Well, I suppose I'll know soon enough.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: October 15, 2010 14:47

Yes, much of this is old news to Stones fans, but this quote seems to settle the issue of whether Mick and Keith are still close

>>'He writes of the distance between the pair, saying: "I used to love Mick, but I haven't been to his dressing room in 20 years.

"Sometimes I think, 'I miss my friend'. I wonder, 'Where did he go?'

I was surprised that of all the invasive things Mick might have wanted expunged, he was only concerned about the revelation that he used a vocal coach. Most people on Stones forums know this and I could see a big improvement in his singing as a result. I seriously doubt anyone would think less of him for having a coach; quite the opposite actually. It shows he has high standards and cares about producing the best material he can, as far as his singing goes.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 15, 2010 15:59

If mr. Richards, 67, is planning to tour again with "Brenda" I suggest him to hire a guitar coach.

For my eyes Keith Richards used to be the world's coolest person. He hasn't aged well at all. Is his claim to fame nowadays to bash publicly, of all people, Mick Jagger? Just like with Marianne Faithfull or Jerry Hall that seems te be about the only thing the press is interested in him. Oh yeah, and the drugs.

- Doxa

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: October 15, 2010 16:01

But we already know Mick uses a vocal coach - he had in Being Mick! What's the big deal about that? Maybe he means earlier than that.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 15, 2010 16:03

skipstone
But we already know Mick uses a vocal coach - he had in Being Mick! What's the big deal about that? Maybe he means earlier than that.

I think the whole story of Mick wanting to cut if off is a Keith Richards bullshit.

- Doxa

Date: October 15, 2010 16:07

You mean of ALL the things Keith "reveals" that that is the only thing? I concur.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: October 15, 2010 16:40

Doxa
If mr. Richards, 67, is planning to tour again with "Brenda" I suggest him to hire a guitar coach.

For my eyes Keith Richards used to be the world's coolest person. He hasn't aged well at all. Is his claim to fame nowadays to bash publicly, of all people, Mick Jagger? Just like with Marianne Faithfull or Jerry Hall that seems te be about the only thing the press is interested in him. Oh yeah, and the drugs.

- Doxa

Doxa, you are right as always

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: October 15, 2010 16:50

This does not sound good, I hope the book will be better than this preview. I do not know what is wrong about using a voice coach, KR should definitely use a guitarcoach.

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: October 15, 2010 17:32

quote:
"He also discloses that he corresponded with former prime minister Tony Blair over the Iraq war, saying: "I wrote him a letter, telling him he had to stick to his guns.
"I got a letter back, saying: 'Thanks for the support'.""

More proof that Keith has completely gone bonkers over the years. What an idiot.

Posted by: kingkirby ()
Date: October 15, 2010 17:45

gimme_shelter
quote:
"He also discloses that he corresponded with former prime minister Tony Blair over the Iraq war, saying: "I wrote him a letter, telling him he had to stick to his guns.

More proof that Keith has completely gone bonkers over the years. What an idiot.

This was the bit that depressed me most of all. What with Maureen Tucker revealing herself as a Tea Party supporter, I'm losing heroes rapidly...

Posted by: turd ()
Date: October 15, 2010 17:56

He also discloses that he corresponded with former prime minister Tony Blair over the Iraq war, saying: "I wrote him a letter, telling him he had to stick to his guns.

What was the point of writing 'Flashpoint' then ? Thought that was anti war.
He wont make many friends by saying stupid things like this.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: October 15, 2010 17:58

looks like keith's book will be banned from iorr for discussing politics

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 15, 2010 18:07

turd

Presume you mean 'High Wire'.

Written about a different conflict over a decade earlier.

And er...written by Mick.

Date: October 15, 2010 18:09

Gazza
turd

Presume you mean 'High Wire'.

Written about a different conflict over a decade earlier.

And er...written by Mick.

perhaps, but at least we know now why keith didn't play on it, too. mystery finally solved.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: October 15, 2010 18:14

Keith still suffers from a complex - "Mick runing away with all the fame".
Blaming Mick for every thing, because he can't get the things himself.
That's very common - Keith is shy, totally different from Mick. He hides himself, but is quick to slam Mick / blame Mick for his own problems. Keith is mentally weaker (not really a looser, but....) - just take a look at his big drug use from late 60'ies to 70'ies. Just a few examples, but these justify his "anger/jealousness" against Mick.

Posted by: Keefan ()
Date: October 15, 2010 18:16

kingkirby
gimme_shelter
quote:

This was the bit that depressed me most of all. What with Maureen Tucker revealing herself as a Tea Party supporter, I'm losing heroes rapidly...

That bit about Moe Tucker distressed me a bit too. I met her once, and really like her (love the VU!)

Sometimes its best to separate the art from the artist - otherwise their lifestyles or personal viewpoints can get in the way.

(BTW, kingkirby, I'm a big Kirby fan too!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-15 18:21 by Keefan.

Posted by: kingkirby ()
Date: October 15, 2010 18:55

Kirby fan & a VU fan? You've got good taste Keefan...

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: October 15, 2010 19:02

hey..obviously Mick has changed over the years...SO HAS KEITH.
Keith seems to enjoy blaming everything (broken friendship) on Mick.

Seems childish. I thought Keith was more spiritual...and not so petty.
Seems to be the reverse.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: stateofshock ()
Date: October 15, 2010 19:31

kingkirby
gimme_shelter
quote:

At the very least, I hope that Keith is only a moderate republican. I certainly hope he's not a teabagger...

"What I'm doing is a sexual thing. I dance and all dancing is a replacement for sex". - Mick Jagger

Date: October 15, 2010 19:56

stateofshock
kingkirby
gimme_shelter
quote:

At the very least, I hope that Keith is only a moderate republican. I certainly hope he's not a teabagger...

he's a brit

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 15, 2010 20:34

sweet neo con
hey..obviously Mick has changed over the years...SO HAS KEITH.
Keith seems to enjoy blaming everything (broken friendship) on Mick.

Seems childish. I thought Keith was more spiritual...and not so petty.
Seems to be the reverse.
Unfortunately yes.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 15, 2010 23:29

so I guess we can all put that "brothers" crap to bed...as in the Shine a Light mic staging for Far Away Eyes...all an act...I think I like them both a little less today.

Posted by: Marie ()
Date: October 16, 2010 00:15

Anyone notice that after Brian died Mick and Keith started bantering back and forth? Brian wasn't around anymore to take the hit....

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: October 16, 2010 00:17

All this makes Mick look cool. Kind of...

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: October 16, 2010 00:40

Keith didn't play on Highwire?

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: October 16, 2010 00:51

Rip This
so I guess we can all put that "brothers" crap to bed...as in the Shine a Light mic staging for Far Away Eyes...all an act...I think I like them both a little less today.

personally requested by Mr. Scorsese...I believe I read that on IORR (so it's gotta be true) winking smiley

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 16, 2010 01:47

...at best insincere....at worst misleading....but not only the staged mic....all the crap about working together on ABB..if the guy hasn't visited the others dressing room in 20 yrs why should we believe they worked on an album in one of their homes together?...that said I'm holding out for the book...

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: October 16, 2010 01:54

Rip This
..that said I'm holding out for the book...

Exactly. It's got to be good simply by virtue that he's never really talked about himself. Ever. Not at any length. Saying somebody has a small c*ck is pretty cheap though. TALK IS CHEAP KEEF!!!

Posted by: kittypoo ()
Date: October 16, 2010 02:10

I love the thoughts of him going to hell to see Lucifer . Isn't that what everyone believes anyways about The Stones being Agents of The Dark Side . I can't wait to read book . And the tiny dick comment he made about Mick was cheap . Talk is cheap cheap cheap . Love Keith Forever .

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1523
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home