Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Stones show "semi-confirmed" in Sweden next summer and band members have been informed about tour
Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: August 18, 2010 18:37

Monkeytonkman
Yay.

Seeing the Stones in Sweden is definitely on my must do list!!! be it 2011 or 2012

You´ll stay with the Vikings.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Re: Stones show "semi-confirmed" in Sweden next summer
Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: August 18, 2010 18:37

mickijaggeroo
Addicted
Come on, Vikings!
You must know more about this!?
It's your home town!

OK, let me try and sort this out for all of youwinking smiley

What Anders Albertsson, CEO of Ullevi stadium say is this:
"If Rolling Stones are touring, it´s very possible that they´ll play Ullevi"
Note that he does NOT mention which year that could be.

Further down in the article it says: "But next year it seems that these giants are on their way to Sweden and Göteborg. A foreign person working with the Stones has explained, as we (the newspaper) understand, that the Stones are going out on tour and will make a stop in Göteborg next summer. That info is also confirmed by a swedish source with good insight concerning the swedish arrangements.
Anders Albertsson won´t confirm this and says: "I know nothing about this. But we have started negotiations and discussions with about future Ullevi bookings.""

I have no idea what sources they are speaking about, but Stonesvikings were the ones revealing the Scandinavian dates for the ABB tour, and we´ve heard nothing yet.

Now, it´s not the first time swedish journalists have speculated about dates for possible Stones gigs in Sweden, and I would´nt read to much in to it. However, I´ll keep my antennas up, as usual smiling smiley

I hope I translated the important bits good enough.

One other thing to take in consideration, is that a US tour generates more money due to higher ticket prices, and I´ve read somewhere that a stones tour don´t break even financially, until half the tour is done, so it makes sense that they always start in the US to cover their expenses and make revenue faster.
Just my 2 cents, of course.
Thanks! Good to hear from a local! For a while I thought theVikings had gone on vacation together and were collectively off-line...
The fact that band members have been told that they're working between July 2011 and August 2012 surely indicates a tour. So keep us posted!

Re: Stones show "semi-confirmed" in Sweden next summer and band members have been informed about tour
Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: August 18, 2010 18:39

Addicted wrote:
"Thanks! Good to hear from a local! For a while I thought the Vikings had gone on vacation together and were collectively off-line...
The fact that band members have been told that they're working between July 2011 and August 2012 surely indicates a tour. So keep us posted!"

No Addicted, something they call work interrupted my day winking smiley

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-18 18:42 by mickijaggeroo.

Date: August 18, 2010 18:47

Yeah, hate it when work interrupts my day. Happens far too often... grinning smiley

Anyway - work's what pays for the tours, so it's not all bad!

Re: Stones show "semi-confirmed" in Sweden next summer
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 18, 2010 19:05

mickijaggeroo
Addicted
Come on, Vikings!
You must know more about this!?
It's your home town!

OK, let me try and sort this out for all of youwinking smiley

What Anders Albertsson, CEO of Ullevi stadium says is this:
"If Rolling Stones are touring, it´s very possible that they´ll play Ullevi"
Note that he does NOT mention which year that could be.

Further down in the article it says: "But next year it seems that these giants are on their way to Sweden and Göteborg. A foreign person working with the Stones has explained, as we (the newspaper) understand, that the Stones are going out on tour and will make a stop in Göteborg next summer. That info is also confirmed by a swedish source with good insight concerning the swedish arrangements.
Anders Albertsson won´t confirm this and says: "I know nothing about this. But we have started negotiations and discussions with Live Nation about future Ullevi bookings.""

I have no idea what sources they are speaking about, but Stonesvikings were the ones revealing the Scandinavian dates for the ABB tour, and we´ve heard nothing yet.

Now, it´s not the first time swedish journalists have speculated about dates for possible Stones gigs in Sweden, and I would´nt read to much in to it. However, I´ll keep my antennas up, as usual smiling smiley

I hope I translated the important bits good enough.

One other thing to take in consideration, is that a US tour generates more money due to higher ticket prices, and I´ve read somewhere that a stones tour don´t break even financially, until half the tour is done, so it makes sense that they always start in the US to cover their expenses and make revenue faster.
Just my 2 cents, of course.
Thanks for breaking that down Vilhelm. Nice to get around the hype and get the local perspective. Doesn't sound like anything terribly different then what we've heard in the past. Band members being told their's a tour? Does that mean Mick sent Keith a fax?moody smiley

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: August 18, 2010 19:15

the big news is that the band members (and I am sure they mean the horn section, lisa, bernard and blondie here) are told not to take any jobs then.That is quite solid!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 18, 2010 21:06

we have been done this road before and it turned out to be a non starter the last couple of years.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: August 18, 2010 21:06

maybe te´ll tour just a year, maybe charlie said, just one

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: August 18, 2010 21:12

mickijaggeroo
Monkeytonkman
Yay.

Seeing the Stones in Sweden is definitely on my must do list!!! be it 2011 or 2012

You´ll stay with the Vikings.

Bless you all. Think a Scandinavian tour is on the cards again!!!!

Much love and Keep on rockin Brothers and sisters

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 18, 2010 21:13

ha ha,
Just like i thought, a Storm in a glass of water, as we say in Holland.
yeah, sure they will tour.
all these posts, is not necessary.
they will go on the Road , but When......

when Ronnie gets the praise from keith,
and keith will stop bitching about Jagger

so ... when hell freezes over

jeroen

Date: August 18, 2010 21:33

I wouldn't have been so sure if the band members hadn't been told to be ready from July 2011 untill August 2012...
If the Stones ask their musicians to be rady, that means they can't say yes to other jobs in that period, you know. So, jeroen, what do you think that means?

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 18, 2010 21:50

The Greek
we have been done this road before and it turned out to be a non starter the last couple of years.

for the life of me, i can't understand why ppl get so excited about the slightest bit of optimistic news, when being a nay-sayer and pessimist is so much more satisfying.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 18, 2010 21:52

Addicted, i dont mean to question you,

but other people have responded like: yeah i got call from Blondie, blah blah blah .
There is still no official report fom the Stones management, and you'll have to agree with me....
the Stones , nearly always start the tour in the f.... States, and not in europe. Maybe only in 1982.
So.... i cannt wait till they hit the stage.
Ive been a fan since 1973, first live concert in 1976 in The hague, Holland.

I only wonder if its true, there are so many rumours....

Hope to see Ronnie kicking ass next year.

jeroen

Date: August 18, 2010 22:00

corriecas
Addicted, i dont mean to question you,

but other people have responded like: yeah i got call from Blondie, blah blah blah .
There is still no official report fom the Stones management, and you'll have to agree with me....
the Stones , nearly always start the tour in the f.... States, and not in europe. Maybe only in 1982.
So.... i cannt wait till they hit the stage.
Ive been a fan since 1973, first live concert in 1976 in The hague, Holland.

I only wonder if its true, there are so many rumours....

Hope to see Ronnie kicking ass next year.

jeroen
We've not been used to waiting for the announcement by the Stones management, have we? They're so slow... Everyone knows before they invite people to a press conference. If the Stones ask their band to be ready from July 2011 to August 2012 - and they can't take other work in that period, the Stones must be pretty sure they're going to tour, too! It's certainly NOT a dinner invitation. 1 year and five weeks does not sound like a recoding session, either. It just sounds like a tour. I don't care where or when the tour's opening, but I'll be there. And I think I'll see a few of you there. smileys with beer

Date: August 18, 2010 22:05

Addicted
I wouldn't have been so sure if the band members hadn't been told to be ready from July 2011 untill August 2012...
If the Stones ask their musicians to be rady, that means they can't say yes to other jobs in that period, you know. So, jeroen, what do you think that means?
I'd be more excited if they didn't ask the backup band to be ready and went out on the road without them.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: August 18, 2010 22:09

sweetcharmedlife
Addicted
I'd be more excited if they didn't ask the backup band to be ready and went out on the road without them.

and who'd play the guitar then winking smiley ?

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: August 18, 2010 22:28

I semi confirmed a date with Salma Hayek as a birthday present for me next week.

Date: August 18, 2010 22:29

Lorenz
sweetcharmedlife
Addicted

and who'd play the guitar then winking smiley ?
Mick Taylor....That's the answer to everything.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 18, 2010 22:52

I'm pretty sure we'll get a tour next year. Remember in 2005 when you signed up for RollingStones.com? You got an e-mail telling you about the benefits and ".... exclusive pre-sales, should the band announce shows". Well guess what. Some days ago I got a mail from the new RS.com titled "Welcome to the world of the Rolling Stones we'll be in touch soon". It has this line in it: "We promise to keep you up-to-date on all news, exclusives, free downloads, live dates and everything else to do with the Stones". I'm 99% sure of a tour next year, but as always: Nothing's set in stone.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 19, 2010 00:46

StonesTod
for the life of me, i can't understand why ppl get so excited about the slightest bit of optimistic news, when being a nay-sayer and pessimist is so much more satisfying.

Because it's even more satisfying to say:

Posted by: KeefintheNight82 ()
Date: August 19, 2010 01:46

Well, if they plan to release a new album like most of us assumed they would before a tour, they need to start recording it now or very very soon.

Date: August 19, 2010 02:00

I bet they won't play Sweden or any other European country next summer. 2011 is USA, and 2012 is Europe/Rest Of World.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: August 19, 2010 02:17

Well, I don't mind if this tour starts in Europe or in the USA, but I hope they come to Argentina...either 2011 or 2012 sounds great.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: August 19, 2010 04:28

Now why wasn't this news posted by Mitch? What a joke.

Posted by: bigpond ()
Date: August 19, 2010 04:34

zzzzzz

Date: August 19, 2010 05:02

skipstone

He's busy doing the same thing as everyone else on this board.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: August 19, 2010 05:33

mickijaggeroo
No Addicted, something they call work interrupted my day winking smiley

I wish I was so lucky.

Date: August 19, 2010 09:45

skipstone

He still has the chance of coming out of this with his head high, if Taylor is showing at the press conference - NOT! grinning smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 19, 2010 10:58

I hope this is a good excuse to have a big IORR gathering or few...thumbs up

- Doxa

Date: August 19, 2010 13:41

Doxa - there is a big iorr gathering comming up in October, in Oslo, Norway.
October 25th, Parkteatret. Dinner, drinks - music - quiz. More details later! (a full Keith menu - like it used to be when he was still drinking, plus real shepherd's pie, A Stones cake, like the one they serve in the Rattlesnake inn, tea, coffee, beer, live music, Keith-quiz - and at midnight - we sell the first copies of Keith's autobiography).
Every'one's invited. Tickets not yet for sale.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1996
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home