Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Stones show "semi-confirmed" in Sweden next summer and band members have been informed about tour
Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: August 18, 2010 15:24

That article merely states that IF they tour next summer, it´s LIKELY they will play Gothenburg...

(I´m from Sweden, if you didn´t know/guess)

Re: Stones show "semi-confirmed" in Sweden next summer and band members have been informed about tour
Posted by: Come On ()
Date: August 18, 2010 15:28

Here we are:

En utländsk person som jobbar runt Rolling Stones ska enligt vad GT erfar förklarat att bandet ska ut på turné och kommer att göra ett stopp i Göteborg nästa sommar. Den information har också bekräftats av en svensk källa med god insyn kring de svenska arrangemangen.

Good News! I tell it again and have already start warming up for it.

Posted by: Urban Wheel ()
Date: August 18, 2010 15:50

Addicted
[gt.expressen.se]
While searching for photos of Bernard Fowler in Sweden, I stumbled over this article in Sewdish newspaper "Göteborgstidningen/Expressen"...
It's an interview with the stadium owner, and he says they're playing Ullevi next summer.
And if they're playing Ullevi in Gothenburg, my guess is they're playing a lot of other places as well. That's based on experience and what they've usually done...
winking smiley
So get your credit cards tanked up! Plunder your kid's college fund - let them go to university where it's free - and you know what you want for christmas... TICKETS! And Keith's book.

Hi Addicted,
Can we pull some strings then?

'Doo doo doo Heartbreaker'

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: August 18, 2010 16:04

Honestly I doubt this information. I believe they will tour next year in the States but Europe etc will not see any shows until 2012.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 18, 2010 16:07

Bashlets,
i think you are right.
most Stones concerts start in the usa, summer 2012 seems more likely for sure.
does not matter, looking forward to see them.
jeroen

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: August 18, 2010 16:17

Urban Wheel
Addicted
[gt.expressen.se]
While searching for photos of Bernard Fowler in Sweden, I stumbled over this article in Sewdish newspaper "Göteborgstidningen/Expressen"...
It's an interview with the stadium owner, and he says they're playing Ullevi next summer.
And if they're playing Ullevi in Gothenburg, my guess is they're playing a lot of other places as well. That's based on experience and what they've usually done...
winking smiley
So get your credit cards tanked up! Plunder your kid's college fund - let them go to university where it's free - and you know what you want for christmas... TICKETS! And Keith's book.

Hi Addicted,

A tad bit early! Let's see the list of cities they're visiting first and we'll find a way. But it's not urgent, so let's get back to that a month or so ahead of the show closest to you!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-18 16:20 by Addicted.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: August 18, 2010 16:22

press conference soon, now that they tour info leaked?

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: August 18, 2010 16:25

Lorenz
press conference soon, now that they tour info leaked?

I really don't see them do Europe first..

Date: August 18, 2010 16:29

They usually start on the east coast in early September... And if rehearsals start in July 2011, the first shows could be in early September. It's due to their fiscal year. It starts September 1st and ends August 31st. Now it seems they'll get everything from the upcomming tour within the time frame of one fiscal year. That saves them some money.

Posted by: MickTaylorfan1 ()
Date: August 18, 2010 16:30

I´m from Sweden and read the article yesterday... IF this is true I´m gonna count the days until they arrive smoking smiley
Havent found any other swedish articles yet but keeping my eyes open smiling smiley

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: August 18, 2010 16:32

Yay.

Seeing the Stones in Sweden is definitely on my must do list!!! be it 2011 or 2012

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-18 16:34 by Monkeytonkman.

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: August 18, 2010 16:33

Addicted
They usually start on the east coast in early September... And if rehearsals start in July 2011, the first shows could be in early September. It's due to their fiscal year. It starts September 1st and ends August 31st. Now it seems they'll get everything from the upcomming tour within the time frame of one fiscal year. That saves them some money.

Interesting view. Can you help me understand how having everything occur within the timeframe of one fiscal year saves them money? I can't quite get my arms around that one.

Date: August 18, 2010 16:36

WMiller
Addicted

Interesting view. Can you help me understand how having everything occur within the timeframe of one fiscal year saves them money? I can't quite get my arms around that one.
Well, they only have to pay tour accountants for one year. All income and expenses in one year. A relatively easy way of doing it.

Posted by: stonezone9 ()
Date: August 18, 2010 16:37

This is great news. I'd be happy to see a few shows here in the US but I'd be really ecstatic to see them in Europe again.

Date: August 18, 2010 16:42

Addicted
WMiller
Addicted

Well, they only have to pay tour accountants for one year. All income and expenses in one year. A relatively easy way of doing it.

If it's a one year tour, they'd be paying them for one year, regardless of whether the timespan was one calendar year or one fiscal year, right? Where are they saving money?

Easy doesn't = saving money in this case.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: August 18, 2010 16:44

actually, they would rather want to have high costs in the financial year as thus the taxes would be lower (lower profit, lower taxes).

Date: August 18, 2010 16:48

Addicted

they've been doing that since 1989smiling smiley

Date: August 18, 2010 17:03

Lorenz
actually, they would rather want to have high costs in the financial year as thus the taxes would be lower (lower profit, lower taxes).

lower profit also means less money in their pockets. They're gonna spend a dollar to save fifty cents in taxes?

How does the old saying go, "Cutting off one's nose to spite their face"? I don't think that's wise.

Posted by: Urban Wheel ()
Date: August 18, 2010 17:09

Addicted
Urban Wheel
Addicted
[gt.expressen.se]
winking smiley

Hi Addicted,

A tad bit early! Let's see the list of cities they're visiting first and we'll find a way. But it's not urgent, so let's get back to that a month or so ahead of the show closest to you!

Great comment Addicted...

'Doo doo doo Heartbreaker'

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: August 18, 2010 17:18

WMiller
Addicted

hahah, obviously you make no money and don´t pay tax, do you??

Posted by: mickjagger1009 ()
Date: August 18, 2010 17:19

Rik
Addicted

Voodoo Lounge started in August.

"You'll be studying history and you'll be down the gym. And I'll be down the pub, probably playing pool and drinking."

Date: August 18, 2010 17:32

stoneswashed77
WMiller
Addicted

hahah, obviously you make no money and don´t pay tax, do you??

I don't make lots of money and do pay taxes.

The logic that they try to squeeze everything into their fiscal year because it saves them money seems flawed to me. I'm open to having the logic explained to me.

Date: August 18, 2010 17:37

mickjagger1009
Rik
Addicted

stonestours since 1989 (81?) tend to start at late august and early september.
They could tour europe in fall 2011, but it won't be stadiums then, cos all the stadiums are booked for soccer.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 18, 2010 17:42

2011 tour! let's see, i should start saving money and accumulating vacation time. oh, wait, i'm not gonna go anyway....so nevermind.

Date: August 18, 2010 17:51

Rik
mickjagger1009
Rik
Addicted

stonestours since 1989 (81?) tend to start at late august and early september.
They could tour europe in fall 2011, but it won't be stadiums then, cos all the stadiums are booked for soccer.
Not all stadiums, no. And most football stadiums (soccer, if you're American) are only in use once a week. But I think they're starting in the US, on the east coast, in early september. After the US leg, a long christmas break, and then perhaps Japan and Australia? And Europe late spring and summer. This is ONLY what I think. Not confirmed or anything.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 18, 2010 17:57

Just read this on twitter minutes ago: StonesNews UPDATE: Rolling Stones tour to run from July 2011 to August 2012. There goes your college fund! winking smiley

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: August 18, 2010 18:04

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 18, 2010 18:09

Addicted
They usually start on the east coast in early September... And if rehearsals start in July 2011, the first shows could be in early September. .

..which doesnt tie in in any way with this story which has them playing in Sweden in summer 2011.

rootsman
That article merely states that IF they tour next summer, it´s LIKELY they will play Gothenburg...

A dose of reality and logic which seems to have been ignored in all this hysteria.

In other words, the Stones are planning a tour to begin sometime after summer 2011, which will include Europe at some point, and which will also include Sweden - and specifically Gothenburg. Thats not exactly surprising or earth shattering 'news'. The stuff about band personnel being told that they'll be touring next summer IS more relevant, though.

Bashlets
Honestly I doubt this information. I believe they will tour next year in the States but Europe etc will not see any shows until 2012.

Certainly makes more sense considering the fact that the US is the market where they initially make more money AND the fact that as they havent played in the US since 2006, a start in Europe would mean that 3 out of the last 4 tour 'legs' have taken place in Europe (summer '06 & '07 plus summer '11) against just one in the US (autumn '06).

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-18 18:18 by Gazza.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 18, 2010 18:11

Gazza
Addicted
They usually start on the east coast in early September... And if rehearsals start in July 2011, the first shows could be in early September. .

..which doesnt tie in in any way with this story which has them playing in Sweden in summer 2011.

I'm sure they're referring to the Town of Sweden, in NY

[www.townofsweden.org]

Re: Stones show "semi-confirmed" in Sweden next summer
Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: August 18, 2010 18:27

Addicted
Come on, Vikings!
You must know more about this!?
It's your home town!

OK, let me try and sort this out for all of youwinking smiley

What Anders Albertsson, CEO of Ullevi stadium says is this:
"If Rolling Stones are touring, it´s very possible that they´ll play Ullevi"
Note that he does NOT mention which year that could be.

Further down in the article it says: "But next year it seems that these giants are on their way to Sweden and Göteborg. A foreign person working with the Stones has explained, as we (the newspaper) understand, that the Stones are going out on tour and will make a stop in Göteborg next summer. That info is also confirmed by a swedish source with good insight concerning the swedish arrangements.
Anders Albertsson won´t confirm this and says: "I know nothing about this. But we have started negotiations and discussions with Live Nation about future Ullevi bookings.""

I have no idea what sources they are speaking about, but Stonesvikings were the ones revealing the Scandinavian dates for the ABB tour, and we´ve heard nothing yet.

Now, it´s not the first time swedish journalists have speculated about dates for possible Stones gigs in Sweden, and I would´nt read to much in to it. However, I´ll keep my antennas up, as usual smiling smiley

I hope I translated the important bits good enough.

One other thing to take in consideration, is that a US tour generates more money due to higher ticket prices, and I´ve read somewhere that a stones tour don´t break even financially, until half the tour is done, so it makes sense that they always start in the US to cover their expenses and make revenue faster.
Just my 2 cents, of course.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-18 18:37 by mickijaggeroo.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 961
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home