Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Stones show "semi-confirmed" in Sweden next summer and band members have been informed about tour
Posted by: FolkyFireKitten1 ()
Date: August 20, 2010 12:29

Anyway, with this "semi-confirmed" tour, and contrary to what I first thought, it's time for me to stop smoking and I decided to stop this next weekend. I guess I'll need all the help and support from all my family and friends, but if I don't stop, I won't be able to go to any show, so I guess it's a good reason enough... smiling smiley

Re: Stones show "semi-confirmed" in Sweden next summer and band members have been informed about tour
Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: August 20, 2010 12:58

Good luck with that! I've stopped, and I still miss my fags now and then, but healthwise - it's a BIG advantage. And all the money saved... More shows!

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: August 20, 2010 14:56

Addicted
[gt.expressen.se]
While searching for photos of Bernard Fowler in Sweden, I stumbled over this article in Sewdish newspaper "Göteborgstidningen/Expressen"...
It's an interview with the stadium owner, and he says they're playing Ullevi next summer.
And if they're playing Ullevi in Gothenburg, my guess is they're playing a lot of other places as well. That's based on experience and what they've usually done...
winking smiley
So get your credit cards tanked up! Plunder your kid's college fund - let them go to university where it's free - and you know what you want for christmas... TICKETS! And Keith's book.

Expressen...a (near) very reliable source !
Do you remember a 2008 article announcing a new album in 2009 and a tour in 2010 ?
Well, it was in Expressen ! thumbs down

[www.iorr.org]

Another reliable new from Sweden (2009) :
"Stones has booked hotell rooms in Stockholm Feb 2010" :
[www.iorr.org]

So this is just another rumour like the dozen other ones since 2007.

Posted by: FolkyFireKitten1 ()
Date: August 20, 2010 15:04

Addicted
Good luck with that! I've stopped, and I still miss my fags now and then, but healthwise - it's a BIG advantage. And all the money saved... More shows!

Thank you Addicted smiling smiley
It'll be quite a challenge for someone who smoked an average of 20 cig a day but Stones shows worth it.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 20, 2010 15:37

JumpingKentFlash
Gazza
JumpingKentFlash
I'm pretty sure we'll get a tour next year. Remember in 2005 when you signed up for RollingStones.com? You got an e-mail telling you about the benefits and ".... exclusive pre-sales, should the band announce shows". Well guess what. Some days ago I got a mail from the new RS.com titled "Welcome to the world of the Rolling Stones we'll be in touch soon". It has this line in it: "We promise to keep you up-to-date on all news, exclusives, free downloads, live dates and everything else to do with the Stones". I'm 99% sure of a tour next year, but as always: Nothing's set in stone.

there's been a rollingstones.com since about 2002, Kent.

For the recoprd, they also posted a similar message in June 2004 when the memberships expired inviting you to renew your sub (for $100) which would give you priority tickets should the band tour. And then it took another year and (and another $100) before they announced anything.

The new site is hardly going to exclude 'live dates' from a pledge to inform you of 'everything to do with the Stones'. Plus, youve kinda overlooked the fact that hasnt been much in the way of 'news, exclusives and free downloads' either. Just because they'll inform if something happens doesnt mean to say that it will.

That said, I agree that its pretty likely they'll tour in 2011. But not for anything connected to their official site.

Actually there's been a rollingstones.com since 1997 if I'm not mistaking. The old website was www.the-rolling-stones.com, but I can't quite remember how it looked. Sometime around 1999 it was redesigned with a No Security skin, and you could listen to God-awful remixes of Out Of Control and the like (I remember enthusiastically telling my brother that there was a version of a Stones song he'd never heard on their website. "It's called In Hand With Fluke". Of course after actually hearing it, we hurled).

Didn't know about the 2004 sign-up mention of live dates you mention (Thanks). I just thought it sounded plausible, because of the 2005 sign-up mention.

I think theres been an official site since Voodoo Lounge. The one that existed then was www.stones.com, and then for the BTB tour a new one was launched called www.the-rolling-stones.com (the stones.com actually continued to exist during most of the BTB tour. You could even get an @stones.com e-mail address, which turned out to be a curse as you ended up getting a mountain of spam so high it could be seen from space).

The BTB site limped on without much happening (it basically gave up on informing fans of much of anything once the tour left the US in early '98 - which was the main reason why a few of us set up 'Rocks Off' as an alternative news source) and as you correctly say that it got a 'No Security' style makeover in 1999.

It was then was replaced by everyone's favourite, Ultrastar's www.rollingstones.com in 2002 when the Licks tour was announced. This was the first stones site which charged for memberships and which offered pre-sales.

So, the new one appears to be the fourth 'official' Stones website.

the 2004 sign-up for live dates was what later became the 'Legacy' membership, which gave the fans who'd signed up then a sort of 'pre-pre-sale' window for tickets in 2006 when it came time to renew.

The bottom line with Stones official sites is that their only real purpose is to sell you stuff. If they cant see a way of doing that, then they have no real reason to exist and no motivation to keep you informed. Case in point, the fact that on the last tour (notably the Euro tour postponements in summer '06 and some shows on the US leg later that year (eg Honolulu) they continued to advertise tickets for shows as still being 'on sale' and took bookings for them - when it was common knowledge both locally and on fan sites (including confirmation from hotels and promoters on occasion) that the shows in question would not be taking place.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-20 15:46 by Gazza.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 992
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home