Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: The Faces in Randers, Denmark.
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 22, 2010 03:51

behroez
Barne090
Ronnie is playing very concentrated and very well. (So Mick Taylor fans; Ronnie Wood is guitarist in the Rolling Stones together with Keith. End of discussion on this Forum smiling smiley

No this is not the end of the discussion it is just starting but with a twist. All the messages about the Faces reunion are beaming with bewilderment about how great Ronnie can actually play, both rhythm and lead. So what is the problem with the Stones guitar section, is it Ronnie? No, clearly not.....is it Keith..????? And not just Keith's playing of the last decade which is obvious, but also his unhealthy influence on his guitar counterparts, take Keith away (with his late night parties etc) and see how good Wood can play. Wood can easily play Keith's parts but Keith can't play his own parts no more. And if the Faces can tour without Rod (that even being called the better obtion) and very succesfully so than surely the Stones must defenitly be able to tour without Keith and as it stands now that will be the better obtion. Invest in Taylor get him healthy again, and than with Wood and Taylor in a clean healthy fresh guitar duo the Stones can come up with quite some surprises before the final curtain, i'm sure.

lol

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 22, 2010 09:43

mattleeuk
What an awesome trip. It was literally hours before the flight when I decided to go and how glad I am that I did. We arrived early in the morning on the same flight as Chris the saxophonist (a very charming guy) and the crew. Randers is apparently famous for having the only full time Elvis museum outside American and slightly less famous for having the only piggy bank museum in Denmark. Randers has a large number of pretty pedestrian streets that made losing some time there very pleasant. The town was alive with the festival spirit and everyone we met was exceptionally welcoming.

When we arrived at the venue, a beautifully converted former power plant a reception was being set up. Not long after the foyer was full of smartly dressed people and no sooner than we wondered what was going on the Mayor introduced himself and offered us a glass of Champagne!

I then wondered around the venue just as Ronnie went for a walk with Glen Matlock. I enjoyed watching Ronnie engage with fans taking time to sign or have photos with everyone who asked.

It was then time to go back inside and take up a central spot ready for the gig. In summary it was nothing short of totally awesome. Myself and the few others that were lucky enough to have been to the previous two shows universally voted this final part of the trilogy being to the best. Mick Hucknall, nervous at the O2 and in Ronnie’s shadow at Goodwood stepped up and led the grooving leaving Ronnie to concentrate on executing some truly divine guitar work.

Ronnie nailed it all, from delicate work on I’d Rather Go Blind to an absolutely world class solo medley that would have baptised even the most hard core of Ronnie sceptics to the faith. Of all the many Ronnie moments I have enjoyed his performance in Randers is right up there among the best of them.

Good to see you again Kent. Too Tough we must have met when I checked out your signed album but forgive me for not knowing it was you!

Matt,

Good last minute decision of yours to attend by the sounds of things; thanks for rubbing our noses in it by saying:

"Myself and the few others that were lucky enough to have been to the previous two shows universally voted this final part of the trilogy being to the best". Mutter mutter !!

But it's gratifying nevertheless to read that they're obviously going from strength to strength, the verdict appears to be genuinely unanimous that they're a real class act, and any reservations that anyone might have had appear to be falling by the wayside ... all power and best wishes to them. Personally, having seen those first two shows, I can well imagine what this third one must have been like, so all there is to do now is eagerly await the announcement of "where & when" in 2011. And wherever and whenever it is, I'll do my very best to be there ... I've waited a long time to get THIS fired up about a rock n' roll band out there on the loose !!

Go Faces go ...

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 22, 2010 11:25

Found a YouTube video (hope there will be more)

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 22, 2010 11:35

beautiful rendition - just hark to those cats!
thank you Green Lady ~ thank you Faces!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 22, 2010 11:39

- and another one - whoopee and thank you mikkelsen1977!

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: August 22, 2010 12:46

Paul, I didn't mean to rub it in. Great credit should go to both you and Beast for persuading me to go!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 22, 2010 13:22

mattleeuk
Paul, I didn't mean to rub it in. Great credit should go to both you and Beast for persuading me to go!

<<< Paul, I didn't mean to rub it in >>>

I know, I was only blagging.

But of course, have you not overlooked something? Now that we so have so graciously alerted you to the fact that Sir Ron and his Faces are the most shitkicking thang out there at the moment, and you took our advice and went - you have put yourself wholesomely and forever in our debt. Ah yes, I can see it all now ... we shall be positvely showered with gifts. Posters, pictures, Cds, DVDs, guitars, pins, picks ... hmmm what else did you say you had ? In fact, why don't we just clear our attics to make space, and arrange for a removal van ! O yes, and did we mention dinner with Sir Ron too ?

Cheers, so glad ya went and so glad obviously ya had a good time and they were every bit as good as - if not better than - the preceding two gigs.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: August 22, 2010 13:50

Thanks for finding these great vids and posting them here. Seems Ronnie is ready to rock.Ronnie would if he could...And try to bring back Mac to the Stones, Ronnie.

Posted by: toostoned ()
Date: August 22, 2010 13:55

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 22, 2010 13:56

Wooohh - great clips! Thanks, Green Lady, and those who posted them to share.

Matt - you definitely Did THE Right Thing!! Thanks for the review and giving us a taste of what we missed, dammit! If that was better than the first two, it must have been truly phenomenal. We want more!!

And Mac is just the very coolest keyboard player around.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 22, 2010 15:28

Whoa those are great videos. The guy must've been standing right next to me. The whole thing is filmed from almost exactly the same perspective as I saw. Come to think of it, the dudes who was standing to the right and left of me, both did a lot of pics. Most likely they were also filming some stuff. Great.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: August 22, 2010 23:16

<Wood can easily play Keith's parts>

Bollocks! Ronnie is not the same kind of rhythm player as Keith is. Much more hollow and lightweight than Keith. Ronnie is indeed a good rhythm player. But he can´t touch Keith. He´s a more advanced lead player, though.

Date: August 22, 2010 23:23

Green Lady

This is cooking!!! smileys with beer

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: August 23, 2010 02:39

I hope it's not the end - until January - does anybody know or can anybody find out why they have to wait four months to crank it up? If we find out what the problem is, maybe we can help them with it. smoking smiley

Date: August 23, 2010 02:42

Mick Hucknall is otherwise engaged - Simply Red tour is September to December.

Date: August 23, 2010 03:14

Beast
Mick Hucknall is otherwise engaged - Simply Red tour is September to December.

Tell him to reschedule for July 2011-August 2012. He'll sell a lot more tickets AFTER the Faces tour than he will right now. Or maybe I'm wrong. Either way he should have known what was up! Wtf is he doing his rinky-dink tour for? I guess he figured that Ronnie would never commit, so he scheduled anyway. Can't blame him. But that doesn't mean that he can't play most of the same venues at a later date.

C'mon Mick get some help paying off the venue owners and crank it up after y'all get done next summer......

Posted by: backofmyhand ()
Date: August 23, 2010 12:34

is there a list with tourdates?
is there a gig in holland/

Posted by: wicked67 ()
Date: August 23, 2010 13:09

Simply Red finish the tour in December! the faces are on tour in 2011 why wait four months

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 23, 2010 13:57

Good things always come to those who wait! Why are so many people so impatiant? Mick Hucknall and maybe a couple of the other Faces have got commitments that were in the pipeline well before they decided to get together.We have been waiting an eternity for a Stones tour so 4 months is nothing.Looking forward to 2011,without wishing my life away.Plenty of good gigs coming up before then. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: August 23, 2010 17:50

I wish Keith would go back to playing straight rhythm and really playing it, and then maybe Ronnie can really play lead...the current way the Stones handle guitar live does not work, and is kind of embarrassing at times.

I have never been a Ronnie fan with the Stones. But some of these new Faces videos show he still can play, and play well.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 23, 2010 18:00

buffalo7478
I wish Keith would go back to playing straight rhythm and really playing it, and then maybe Ronnie can really play lead...the current way the Stones handle guitar live does not work, and is kind of embarrassing at times.

I have never been a Ronnie fan with the Stones. But some of these new Faces videos show he still can play, and play well.

his lead playing remains a disaster - but the chances of him taking over the role of stones' primary rhythm player (from blondie) are slim....

Date: August 23, 2010 18:03

Blondie has never been the Stones´main rhythm player. That statement is on a kindergarten level musically, imo.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 23, 2010 18:11

DandelionPowderman
Blondie has never been the Stones´main rhythm player. That statement is on a kindergarten level musically, imo.

poor blondie - he gets no respect. sigh.

Date: August 23, 2010 19:38

LOL! You were trying to give him the recognition he deserves, right? winking smiley

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: August 23, 2010 21:38

DandelionPowderman
LOL! You were trying to give him the recognition he deserves, right? winking smiley

Long overdue, my son, long overdue...

Posted by: behroez ()
Date: August 23, 2010 22:34

DandelionPowderman
<Wood can easily play Keith's parts>

Bollocks! Ronnie is not the same kind of rhythm player as Keith is. Much more hollow and lightweight than Keith. Ronnie is indeed a good rhythm player. But he can´t touch Keith. He´s a more advanced lead player, though.

There is just one slight mistake in your response, you wrote; "Ronnie is not the same kind of rhythm player as Keithh is....." But it should read; "Ronnie is not the same kind of rhythm player as Keith WAS..." Was, my friend, was, a long time ago.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 23, 2010 23:44

DandelionPowderman
Green Lady

This is cooking!!! smileys with beer

Isn't that strange, I actually prefer Hucknall over old Rod...

Mathijs

Date: August 24, 2010 00:23

wicked67
Simply Red finish the tour in December! the faces are on tour in 2011 why wait four months

Agreed. They should just pick up another singer, they have a several people who want to do it anyway. Hit the road now - the guy's just a fill-in anyway. He might be a good fill-in, but he's no reason to wait four more months for. Call up Chris Robinson or whatever.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: August 24, 2010 00:24

I didn´t know that:

[www.simplyred.com]

Date: August 24, 2010 00:47

No wonder he was having such a good time at those three gigs. Seems he's gone to the right place already.

Aug 19, 2010
Simply goodbye
BRITISH pop-soul singer Mick Hucknall blames radio for his decision to break up Simply Red, the successful band that he has led for the past 25 years.

In a telephone interview with Life! from his home just outside of London, the red-haired songwriter says the split was 'inevitable'.

'I was starting to feel stylistically restricted, because I have a broad taste in music and I was starting to feel that I wasn't able to express that and that I was designing music to suit radio.

'That isn't the way to be creative. Radio expects a certain sound from Simply Red. It starts to be a bit like a straitjacket where you have to keep making records that sound like people expect you to and I just don't want to be in that trap. I want to get out'.

His chart-topping group, which has recorded 10 albums and sold 60 million records worldwide, will be performing at the Singapore Indoor Stadium on Sept 28. The gig is part of the group's lengthy farewell tour, which started last year and will last until the end of this year.

There have been plenty of tears from loyal fans at the sold-out shows in the tour, he notes. 'The last shows we did in South America, we played Brazil, Mexico and Argentina and they were quite emotional. Even here in the UK, we're not doing our final shows until Dec but it's like people almost can't believe it. But I want to move on, I want to do something different'.

Somewhat paradoxically, he adds that to move forward entails looking back to music created in the 1950s and 1960s.

Read the full story in Friday's edition of The Straits Times' LIFE!.

Copyright © 2007 Singapore Press Holdings. All rights reserved. Privacy Statement

[www.straitstimes.com] & Condition of Access

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1429
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home