Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
The Faces in Randers, Denmark.
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 12, 2010 18:57

I just recieved an e-mail about this gig. The concert is moved from the outside venue "Værket", to the smaller indoor place "Store Sal". 5000 tickets were on sale, but only around 1000 has been sold. I hope they don't cancel because of ticket sales. I have my ticket ready, and will go with a few buddies.

JumpingKentFlash

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-12 20:44 by bv.

Re: OT: The Faces in Randers, Denmark.
Posted by: Gangster-of-love ()
Date: August 12, 2010 19:00

They will do this gig for sure.
If they'll canel the show, a tour never will happen.

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Re: The Faces in Randers, Denmark.
Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: August 12, 2010 22:59

How are the weather conditions? Might that be a reason, too?! (though I always regard the Faces only good for a UK tour with some festivals outside home turf)

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: August 12, 2010 23:26

astonishing! what I'd give to see them... too far -_-

Posted by: Pelle ()
Date: August 13, 2010 04:38

I hope to go there too.. since I live in sweden, theres not much problem going to denmark for a little Ol and Pölse trip, haha!

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: August 13, 2010 04:47

Faces without Rod and Ronnie Lane is not the Faces.

Hearing Woodie try Ooh La La at the Stratocaster concert a few years ago was embarrassing. He needs to give it up.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 13, 2010 06:34

buffalo7478

Hearing Woodie try Ooh La La at the Stratocaster concert a few years ago was embarrassing. He needs to give it up.
Have you heard yesterday's show. Were you there? We're not talking about the past we are talking about the present. If all Rod Stewart wants to do is make babies and if 3 former members want to take the show on the road with a decent replacement singer. Why not call it the Faces. Are the Rolling Stones not the Rolling Stones without Brian Jones? He was the founding member after all right?

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: August 13, 2010 07:00

sweetcharmedlife
buffalo7478

Have you heard yesterday's show. Were you there? We're not talking about the past we are talking about the present. If all Rod Stewart wants to do is make babies and if 3 former members want to take the show on the road with a decent replacement singer. Why not call it the Faces. Are the Rolling Stones not the Rolling Stones without Brian Jones? He was the founding member after all right?

+1
I have a free ticket to this gig for you Sweetcharmedlife. Just get to Denmark, and you're in. smiling smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Date: August 13, 2010 07:03

JumpingKentFlash
sweetcharmedlife
buffalo7478

+1
I have a free ticket to this gig for you Sweetcharmedlife. Just get to Denmark, and you're in. smiling smiley
Thanks Kent. But 10,000 miles overnite is a bit more than I can handle. But I hope you enjoy the show.thumbs up

Date: August 13, 2010 07:12

The gig is held in one week. You can hike here. grinning smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: August 13, 2010 07:26

buffalo7478

Knock it off. You are talking about one of the best rhythm sections ever to walk out on to a stage.

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: August 13, 2010 11:03

Just saw the Faces in London, close your eyes and you would not miss Rod or Ronnie. The band are pure audio dynamite.

I hope Harvey Goldsmith does not overestimate the demand to see the band and book too big venues for this mooted tour in January 2011. I think small theatres are the right kind of venues for them, without the magnet of Rod being present.

Cheers,
SonicD

Date: August 13, 2010 12:49

buffalo7478

??? Ronnie did sing on the original recording. He´s no nightingale for sure, but I like his current singing (Sweetness, Thing About You) where he seems to drop it an octave down.

Date: August 13, 2010 18:05

JumpingKentFlash
The gig is held in one week. You can hike here. grinning smiley
I'm on my way.smileys with beer

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 13, 2010 18:47

sweetcharmedlife
buffalo7478

oh, please. i insist you come up with a better analog than that. mick jagger, for instance.

Date: August 13, 2010 18:51

StonesTod
sweetcharmedlife
buffalo7478

oh, please. i insist you come up with a better analog than that. mick jagger, for instance.
You can insist all you want. That's all I got.

Date: August 13, 2010 18:56

as has been stated before - this is not The Faces - they are using the band name to draw in ticket sales. were Rod in the band - it would be called Rod Stewart and the Faces (probably one of the reasons he's not in the act, frankly, as I'm sure ron and mac wouldn't go for that) - and they'd be selling out 10,000-seat arenas instead of relocating to small venues based on poor tix sales.

Posted by: Barne090 ()
Date: August 13, 2010 19:05

Hej JumpinKentFlash,

I am interested in the extra ticket for the Faces. I live in Horsens. What is the price?

hjvb@wxs.nl

Date: August 13, 2010 19:10

Should we say 250kr Barne090? It cost me 417kr, so you save some money.You live in Horsens? How come I didn't know that?

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: August 13, 2010 19:28

JumpingKentFlash
Should we say 250kr Barne090? It cost me 417kr, so you save some money.You live in Horsens? How come I didn't know that?

You didn't ask!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: August 13, 2010 20:03

What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

Date: August 13, 2010 20:05

StonesTod
as has been stated before - this is not The Faces - they are using the band name to draw in ticket sales. were Rod in the band - it would be called Rod Stewart and the Faces (probably one of the reasons he's not in the act, frankly, as I'm sure ron and mac wouldn't go for that) - and they'd be selling out 10,000-seat arenas instead of relocating to small venues based on poor tix sales.
I love the irony of you of all people getting hung up on a name.

Date: August 13, 2010 20:07

sweetcharmedlife
StonesTod
I love the irony of you of all people getting hung up on a name.

yay. i love you, too.

Posted by: Barne090 ()
Date: August 13, 2010 21:24

Deal!

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: August 15, 2010 05:54

What is the nearest airport / best way to get there (if I was coming from London?). Having had such a great time at the two UK shows I am very tempted by this one :-)

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 15, 2010 10:52

>> What is the nearest airport <<

Aarhus, isn't it? Haven't looked at who flies in/out of Aarhus, but I think the airport is about 45 km from Randers, so that'll probably be your way in/out.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-15 11:21 by paulywaul.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: August 15, 2010 10:53

mattleeuk
What is the nearest airport

Probably Aarhus, Matt.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 15, 2010 10:57

erikjjf
mattleeuk
What is the nearest airport

Probably Aarhus, Matt.

thank you kindly, erikjjf! now to hunt for affordable ways to get there from Po Land :E

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 15, 2010 11:37

sweetcharmedlife
buffalo7478

sweetcharmedlife, couldn't have said it better myself.

buffalo7478 ... get a grip for heavens sake. The present incarnation rocks your socks off, don't think Rod could actually carry these songs off these days half as well as Hucknall does. Seen both their shows to date, outstanding.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: August 15, 2010 12:39

It's Aarhus Airport Matt. It's also called Tirstrup Airport. In 2007 I flew from Aarhus to Stansted for the last gig at the O2 Arena.
I just checked the prices. If you fly from Stansted at 07:25 on Aug. 20, and go back the next day at 14:25, the plane ticket alone would cost you 96GBP. Then you'd have to pay for the train ride to Randers, which would probably cost around 6GBP (The same for going back.. Then a place to sleep: The cheapest hotel I could find in Randers would set you back around 60GBP. Then of course there's the ticket. That's around 40GBP. All in all this trip would cost something like 215GBP.

JumpingKentFlash

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1605
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home