Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: The Faces in Randers, Denmark.
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 24, 2010 09:16

wicked67
Simply Red finish the tour in December! the faces are on tour in 2011 why wait four months

Patience please !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: August 24, 2010 09:17

Brue
wicked67
Simply Red finish the tour in December! the faces are on tour in 2011 why wait four months

Agreed. They should just pick up another singer, they have a several people who want to do it anyway. Hit the road now - the guy's just a fill-in anyway. He might be a good fill-in, but he's no reason to wait four more months for. Call up Chris Robinson or whatever.

And again ..... patience please !

Date: August 24, 2010 09:20

Beast
No wonder he was having such a good time at those three gigs. Seems he's gone to the right place already.

Aug 19, 2010
Simply goodbye
BRITISH pop-soul singer Mick Hucknall blames radio for his decision to break up Simply Red, the successful band that he has led for the past 25 years.

In a telephone interview with Life! from his home just outside of London, the red-haired songwriter says the split was 'inevitable'.

'I was starting to feel stylistically restricted, because I have a broad taste in music and I was starting to feel that I wasn't able to express that and that I was designing music to suit radio.

'That isn't the way to be creative. Radio expects a certain sound from Simply Red. It starts to be a bit like a straitjacket where you have to keep making records that sound like people expect you to and I just don't want to be in that trap. I want to get out'.

His chart-topping group, which has recorded 10 albums and sold 60 million records worldwide, will be performing at the Singapore Indoor Stadium on Sept 28. The gig is part of the group's lengthy farewell tour, which started last year and will last until the end of this year.

There have been plenty of tears from loyal fans at the sold-out shows in the tour, he notes. 'The last shows we did in South America, we played Brazil, Mexico and Argentina and they were quite emotional. Even here in the UK, we're not doing our final shows until Dec but it's like people almost can't believe it. But I want to move on, I want to do something different'.

Somewhat paradoxically, he adds that to move forward entails looking back to music created in the 1950s and 1960s.

Read the full story in Friday's edition of The Straits Times' LIFE!.

Copyright © 2007 Singapore Press Holdings. All rights reserved. Privacy Statement

[www.straitstimes.com] & Condition of Access

<<< Somewhat paradoxically, he adds that to move forward entails looking back to music created in the 1950s and 1960s >>>

Good move Mr Hucknall, good move. Lucky Ronnie and lucky us. Can't wait for this 2011 tour.

Posted by: toostoned ()
Date: August 25, 2010 14:38

Sorry for my poor english ! - but I need to try to tell you about my meeting with Ron Wood friday in Randers, Denmark.

I went to Randers about two hours before the show, walked to the backdoor, and who camed out just a few minutes later :
Ronnie and his brasilian girlfriend.
No bodyguards, no security. Only Ronnie and his new love.
(and also Glen Matlock, ex-SexPistols)

We was 8-10 danish fans and also a few from Germany, waiting and hoping for this!
Ronnie was very relaxed and smiling, and all got signatures on their old Faces- and Stones-albums, posters, Stones-postcards, etc.
Ronnie changed positions for photos, and gave handshake to some of us. Also one fan have a guitar, and Ronnie write his autograph on this.

Ronnie was so patient, but after about 10 minutes, he told us,that now he and his girlfriend want a walk. I walked behind them in the beginning, and a few minutes later, we was "suddenly" together.

I have been Stones-fan since I was a little boy, my first show was in 1973 in Aarhus, Denmark, I have been to 38 Stones-show in the most of the world and when I got married it was with "Angie" played in the church, and my wifes car is painted with the tongue-logo, our house is full of Stones-art, etc. etc. And now...

And now...I was walking around in the streets in a small danish province-town, only me, Ronnie and his very beauty girlfriend. Yes, Ron Wood from The Rolling Stones...

I did not not ask him about serious things. Just "nice to meet you, Ronnie", "looking forward to the show tonight", "hope to see you next year with your other band", and these things.

He joked and smiled and was in very good humor, joked about he is stopped drinking, but not alone.. because Ian Mclagan also stopped, Ronnie told.
He smoked two Marlboro Light in these few minutes we walked together.
The brasilian girlfriend keep the cigarettes and get fire on it.
And the very nice girl liked to have his hand in Ronnie`s back-pocket.
They was very lovely together.

We walked in very small streets in the old part of Randers. A man nearly falled out of his bicycle of surpising who he saw...people in an out-door restaurant looked how they dont understand anything what they saw...Someone said "this man looked very much how the guitarist in Rolling Stones..and I could tell him, that it was not a look-a-like..etc.

After a few minutes I said "thank you" and let them alone for their private walk.

A half hour later they came back from their walk to the back-door of the venue.
Again Ronnie took time for the fans, more autographs (I got three) and photos.

It was an incredible experience for me, and I can tell you, that you dont need to doubt about Ronnie`s form. Okay, he is very very thin.., but he is looking so good, very healthy, warm nice brown eyes, smiling and smiling, so much "in live", and very much falled in love...

- and after this I went to the show, great show with Ronnie on fire, fantastic guitar-solo`s,- Ronnie clowning and laughing as we know him, - and very special to see Ron Wood as the stage-front-man...speaking between the songs, and so...(read Kent`s rewiev !)

I have some nice photos with Ronnie and his girlfriend (can`t remember her name, but she is very beautyfull, about 25 years I think, a real rock-star-girlfriend in tight black clothes...but she dont speak...may be she only speak portugese ?)
but the photos..I dont know how to set the photos in here ! - may be Kent can help ?

Thanks for your attention about my unforgetable meeting with Ron Wood.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 25, 2010 14:42

Great story toostoned. You must feel very HAPPY

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: August 25, 2010 16:46

toostoned
I went to Randers about two hours before the show, walked to the backdoor, and who camed out just a few minutes later :
Ronnie and his brasilian girlfriend. (...)
Thanks for your attention about my unforgetable meeting with Ron Wood.

Yes, unforgettable, toostoned! Are you the guy with the RS hooder and the MSG t-shirt?

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: August 25, 2010 17:01

>>I have some nice photos with Ronnie and his girlfriend (can`t remember her name, but she is very beautyfull, about 25 years I think, a real rock-star-girlfriend in tight black clothes...but she dont speak...may be she only speak portugese ?)
but the photos..I dont know how to set the photos in here ! - may be Kent can help ?

Thanks for your attention about my unforgetable meeting with Ron Wood.<<

toostoned, That's really great, you were in the right place at the right time! cool story.

see the help part at the top page where forum help info is ..to post a photo, you first need to upload it to a photo hosting site such as photobucket. set that up first, its free. then upload your photos to it. then follow the instructions in forum help---how to post a photo...

we'd like to see them!

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: August 25, 2010 17:12

congratulations toostoned !!!

great experience, great story, well done thumbs up

that`s our salt of earth .....

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: August 25, 2010 17:13

Hey Too Tough--

Great report and photos! God, I wish I had been there...

Just curious though: You mentioned that you drove in from northern Germany. I have family that lives near Husum. Are you from anywhere around there?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-25 17:14 by loog droog.

Posted by: toostoned ()
Date: August 25, 2010 17:23

Yes, TooTough, it was me with the MSG t-shirt, fantastic day in Randers.

You were there also ?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 25, 2010 18:10

Very nice story toostoned.

Date: August 25, 2010 20:25

loog droog
Hey Too Tough--

Just curious though: You mentioned that you drove in from northern Germany. I have family that lives near Husum. Are you from anywhere around there?

heide/Dithmarschen...:-)
Bin aber eigentlich Segeberger aus Flensburg!

Date: August 25, 2010 20:30

toostoned
Yes, TooTough, it was me with the MSG t-shirt, fantastic day in Randers.

A picture of you and Ron.

toostoned
You were there also ?

Just look at page 3 here :-)

Date: August 25, 2010 20:35

I have nearly the full slide medley as avi, but don´t know
how to upload/convert etc. it.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: August 26, 2010 16:45

TooTough
loog droog
Hey Too Tough--

heide/Dithmarschen...:-)
Bin aber eigentlich Segeberger aus Flensburg!

That's pretty cool. Have not been to Segeberg, but I know Flensburg as my mother's family is from a village between Husum and Flensberg.

If only this show had been a year ago, I could have justified the expense of flying in from America and done that along with a family reunion at my uncle's 70th birthday, which I passed on.

I'm a huge Faces fan, and I'm dying to see them, and especially in a small venue like that Denmark show. I sure hope they play the States next year.

When they do, I'd love to get Kenney Jones' autograph. I've got an Ooh La La songbook that's been inscribed/signed by Mac, Woody, Ronnie Lane, and even Rod.
Gotta get one more from Mr. Jones...

Date: September 12, 2010 17:12

Date: September 12, 2010 17:13

Date: September 12, 2010 17:13

Date: September 12, 2010 17:14

Date: September 12, 2010 17:15

Date: September 12, 2010 17:26

Posted by: SoulPlunderer ()
Date: September 12, 2010 17:50

It's great news that Ronnie is back on form! There was an interesting interview wth him in yesterdays Times. I'll try and post a link. I think he may be appearing in the BBCs One Show during the next week. He seems to be trying to give some proper promotion for his new album. Hope that it does well.

The story about meeting him in Denmark sounds great and so do the reviews of he show. I hope they tour next year and that I get the chance to see them. If not, bring on the Stones?

Date: September 12, 2010 17:51

Obviously filmed by a Hucknall fan eye popping smiley

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: September 12, 2010 18:43

Happy for you, Poul! I remember where and when you got that sweatshirt!

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1535
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home