Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 97
Re: OT WORLD CUP 2010 in South Africa - the IORR thread
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 28, 2010 21:58

Koen
[www.soccerhelp.com] (and in English it is 'hand ball, not 'hands ball').

Dankjewel Koen. This is very clear, thanks.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: June 28, 2010 22:06

What a clever goal from Brazil. A beauty.

-------------------

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: June 28, 2010 22:08

Rolling Hansie
What a clever goal from Brazil. A beauty.

Second one also, great play by Brazil

Date: June 28, 2010 22:09

2-0 and that second one was even better

Edit: Indeed Bitches Brew

-------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-28 22:10 by Rolling Hansie.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 28, 2010 22:20

The referee is doing fine. I'm not amused by the game. Brasil has a great defence, but I don't like their way of playing.

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: June 28, 2010 22:22

This thread sounds like EuroCup in Austria two years ago, nobody talks about Spain... and what happen at the end?
You HAVE to be honest, best teams so far Germany, Holland and Spain

Carlitos
Tenerife

Date: June 28, 2010 22:22

Oh my, Brazil is really doing a great job. Halftime and already 2-0
I can only hope that the Dutch coach will present the video of this game to the players at least 5 times a day to study. They will need it LOL

-------------------

Date: June 28, 2010 22:25

carlitosbaez
nobody talks about Spain...

Be patient Carlitos. Brazil is playing now. Spain will play tomorrow. I am looking forward to that game.

-------------------

Date: June 28, 2010 22:27

Oh and BTW kleermaker, Koen already answered my question to you. So, don't bother

-------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-28 22:28 by Rolling Hansie.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 28, 2010 22:29

What about Spain?

Brazil will win and become overconfident leaving a small chance for the Dutch to beat them.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 28, 2010 23:05

3-0 - here we come Brasiiiiiiiiiiiil

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 28, 2010 23:09

Brazil looking very dangerous now. They have one ofthe best teams ever as they have finally overcome their eternal defensive weaknesses. Maicon and Alves are two of the best defenders in the world. The whole team is playing as one and with great spirit. I can see the other favourites Argentina, Germany, Holland and Spain having problems against them.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 28, 2010 23:25

Congrats Holland and Brasil....
I am rooting for Holland (AGAIN) in that match.... Hup Holland Hup!!!!!

Does it annoy anyone else that the crowd reaction level is zero when a
goal is scored? Just the constant never-ending droning noise of those vulvahorns?

why nobody talking about Japan ?
; ) jk

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-28 23:35 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: June 28, 2010 23:28

I can talk about Spain... They'll be out tomorrow.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 28, 2010 23:42

Max'sKansasCity
Congrats Holland and Brasil....
I am rooting for Holland (AGAIN) in that match.... Hup Holland Hup!!!!!

Does it annoy anyone else that the crowd reaction level is zero when a
goal is scored? Just the constant never-ending droning noise of those vulvahorns?

why nobody talking about Japan ?
; ) jk

Thanks Max, we can use all the help we can get!

We have to watch out for the free kicks and corners from Brasil and for their quick counter attacks and we have to find out how we can penetrate their defence.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 28, 2010 23:50

carlitosbaez
This thread sounds like EuroCup in Austria two years ago, nobody talks about Spain...

We dont need to. You do it for everyone. smileys with beer

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: June 29, 2010 00:05

jpasc95
i go for chile to win tonights game

maybe the big surprise tonight ?

was hoping for it, like them a lot smiling smiley did not happen.
the brazilians are much better than i thought, real quality, remind me of the old brazilian teams of yesteryears...

exciting games ahead,,smiling smiley

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: June 29, 2010 01:17

Jajajaja, Spain out tomorrow, Brazil right now is very dangerous... my god!!!
Let´s see what happen tomorrow, Portugal more than 16 month don´t loose a game and 9 month they don´t receive a goal...
Time to time, Brazil is playing like Germany long time ago, no shine in their playing, just Robinho, Luis Fabiano, Maicon and Lucio, not much more but touching the ball?...
Carlitos
Tenerife

Date: June 29, 2010 01:19

As I said before, I am looking forward to Spain-Portugal tomorrow. If both teams are willing to give their best, this will be a great match.

-------------------

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: June 29, 2010 01:42

liked the big brazilian centerhalf that strutted upfield from time to time, dont know his name..

btw : since when has brazil had a big skilful starring center half !

until next time...

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: June 29, 2010 01:59

Socrates

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: June 29, 2010 06:15

JumpingKentFlash
The ref stole the match. It would have been an entirely different game if England got that goal. England always plays better if they have a moral boost, rather than pressure on their shoulders. Had the score been 2-2, England would have played better because not many takes back a 2-0 lead against Germany in 5 minutes. The referee wasn't bad, but he made that glaring mistake, and that is what the game will be remembered for more than anything I think. Too bad for England. This is one of the few games where it actually WAS the refs fault.

The lowly US team managed to rally not once but twice against bad ref calls regarding goals but in the end got outplayed by Ghana, the better team in the match. Get over it, England simply played very badly, the final score of 4-1 tells the story. No way was it the ref's fault that England lost, Germany simply outplayed them in the end.

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: aralla ()
Date: June 29, 2010 07:38

Gazza
aralla
Gazza
Good to see you're comin' round!

Its been mostly dominated by Europe and South American teams since the first tournament in 1930, but there are more European teams simply because there are far more countries in Europe.

South America has actually produced seven champions (5 Brazil and 2 Argentina) against 9 from Europe (4 Italy, 3 Germany/W Germany, 1 each from England and France) - and this is the 5th tournament out of 17 which has been staged outside those two regions (Mexico 1970 & 1986, USA 1994, Japan & S Korea 2002), so its definitely become more of a global event in recent decades.

Its the biggest sporting event on the planet. Even though only 32 countries make the finals (it used to be just 16 and then 24), over 200 countries enter it and the TV audience is greater than the Olympics.

Sorry Gazza but you omitted that Uruguay was Champion of the World twice, in 1930 (the first tournament) and 1950 against Brazil in Maracaná Stadium.

I know - and someone else pointed that out earlier. Apologies for the oversight. An incredible record for a small country.

Thanks for your truly recognition Gazza, and thanks to everyone who congratulates Uruguay! Players are doing their best to put "la celeste" in the semis! Very dificult to pass Ghana, great team, but who knows...

Regards
Alex

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: June 29, 2010 07:45

Rock and roll

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: June 29, 2010 07:56

Damn, Brazil has a strong team. A bit too strong for me confused smiley

Posted by: aralla ()
Date: June 29, 2010 08:59

Let's talk about football!

IMHO

Brasil is almost always the best team, always favorite, always has the best players, not always win. Since 1958 they won 5 Cups and may be deserved more.
I think that they will beat Holland, not easily but...

Sorry "Oranges", I was greatly amazed with your football in the seventies and nineties too, not now. Always a nice football to watch, pretty technical players, a bit cold for me.

Argentina has excellent players, always had, not a great team yet in this competition, against Germany is a very difficult prognostic match, I think Argentina can beat Germany because they understand very well the way to win this kind of matches. Germany does too but...

Germany always fight until the last minute, deserves respect, its strength and conviction is wonderfull. Great teams and players in the history of the Cup. You are playing very well, congratulations!

Spain, what can I say?... excellent team, good players, good playing... the same as Portugal but with a slight favoritism. I can't imagine Spain or Portugal winning the cup, sorry my friends, I don't know why but you don't have the punch yet.

England, what a pitty! Sorry for the referee, he's from Uruguay, not bad but not so good to do this job very well. We had problems here too but is human. I think England has to take an english manager, back to the roots, play simple football with strengh and proud, not this heartless team!!!

Don't forget Paraguay and Japan, good teams, they can give a surprise but no chances to win this Cup.

At last Uruguay, my team, my country... serious manager, good team but young, good players with great heart, can win the cup? sounded impossible a month ago, it sounds impossible today? We did "an impossible" once a long time ago... impossible is nothing!!!

Cheers!

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: June 29, 2010 09:17

shortfatfanny

Socrates

This was the greatest team ever put together by any nation....And they didn't win the Cup.

Posted by: nanker phelge ()
Date: June 29, 2010 10:29

Gazza
carlitosbaez
This thread sounds like EuroCup in Austria two years ago, nobody talks about Spain...

We dont need to. You do it for everyone. smileys with beer

Lol Gazza!! Vamos!!

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: June 29, 2010 10:30

Interesting quarter finals coming up.
For the first time I have a feeling the Dutch might be able to win over Brazil, although
it will be tough.
What a strange sensation to see a tournament where the Germans play like Holland and
Holland plays like Germany.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: June 29, 2010 10:52

kleermaker

You mention all the reasons why a beautiful sport like footbal is ruined constantly. Such odd sentiments don't exist when it concerns all other sports, like athletics, basketball, base ball, speed skating, volleyball, swimming etc. etc. This way of conservative thinking is something from the 19th century: false romantic. If you like the diving, the cheating, the blind refs, the outdated rules (off side) etc, then you better go to the theatre: much more and better drama.

If you think that off side is an outdated rule, you are missing the basic principles to even discuss football. Off side is essential to the game!

That said, indeed athletics, basketball, base ball, speed skating, volleyball, swimming etc. all quite bore me ...

C

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 97

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1854
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home